Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    What should I write first, folks - smut or angst (mind you, the smut idea is hot, and the angsty one is really sad).
    My first response is smut, but when I think about it... drewandian's right, angst first then smut to cheer us up.

Sounds like you and 'Nuna man had a great time tonight! That's awesome! And yay for songs by the Eagles!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    I didn't have time to write it tonight but I will tomorrow! So here's a snipet

Her tongue darted into his mouth and as it gently touched the roof of his mouth, his brain short circuited.

Smallest snippet in the history of forever but...
    I think my brain is short circuiting! Must have more!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just watching THE scene in TLG, again, and again, and well you get it. I just noticed though. We all remeber how Beckett and Caldwell looked away, clearly uncomfortable. But didn't anyone notice how McKay continues to watch, and you a realization dawn on his face and then he smiles a little?

Brilliant so now I'm watching all the little scenes from various episodes and just squealed REALLY loudy at the birthday present scene.....SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! My hearts racing now. Does anyone know if someone did like a vid of all the moments, maybe like by series? Also anyone got the link for the sparky vid to Je'Tadore? Can't find it on youtube anymore.
      Last edited by nogigglingmajor; 25 September 2009, 10:46 PM.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

So the thread wants angst first? Okay, I shall do my best.

In the meantime, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaqG1EtV3a0 fan reactions to canon (I think it was done for Smalville, but it applies to SGA as well.... well, at least how it used to be )
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

In the meantime, check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaqG1EtV3a0 fan reactions to canon (I think it was done for Smalville, but it applies to SGA as well.... well, at least how it used to be )
          Very funny LOL

Question: I just saw an article about MGM.
          When it said "The studio could lose a lot of other franchises.", is it a real problem for Stargate? Personally, I don't care if this happened.lol

By the way, I forgot to say that I like your story SR.

Edit: Sorry. I saw that there is a thread about the MGM's situation. You don't have to ask if you don't want.lol
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Anuna is proud! This was a perfect read after a perfect evening - I was out, to listen to 'Nuna man and the band playing in a club. It was a blast! They rocked everyone's socks off. I like how they're turning more and more ambitious - for you guys who don't know, my soon to be hubs plays keyboard in a rock band. They only play covers, and they either play in clubs or at the weddings.

Here's a thing - thanks to me they're playing two songs by The Eagles (I pretty much brain washed 'Nuna man with The Eagles). I can't believe they actually played "Hotel California", with the trumpet intro! My next mission is something by Bruce Springsteen *G*

Now I really really must go to sleep. SR, the fic is great! I loved how she could talk him into anything and he obeyed, even though he was super tempted to do, ahem, more *g*

I wouldn't have minded if this was smuttier, but it's still awesome the way it is!
            A Croatian band playing Hotel California. Now I would have paid to see that. Sounds like the band has a great manager. Heh.

Glad you liked the fic. The smut will just have to be in your imagination.

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
            Just watching THE scene in TLG, again, and again, and well you get it. I just noticed though. We all remeber how Beckett and Caldwell looked away, clearly uncomfortable. But didn't anyone notice how McKay continues to watch, and you a realization dawn on his face and then he smiles a little?

Brilliant so now I'm watching all the little scenes from various episodes and just squealed REALLY loudy at the birthday present scene.....SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! My hearts racing now. Does anyone know if someone did like a vid of all the moments, maybe like by series? Also anyone got the link for the sparky vid to Je'Tadore? Can't find it on youtube anymore.
            Well I tried to get them all in this vid but ran out of time. It's possible but you need a long song or very short clips. There is just too much Sparky.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Very funny LOL

When it said "The studio could lose a lot of other franchises.", is it a real problem for Stargate? Personally, I don't care if this happened.lol

Edit: Sorry. I saw that there is a thread about the MGM's situation. You don't have to ask if you don't want.lol
            MGM is in a world of hurt. (an idiom for big trouble) Lots of debt, angry bondholders and they have to decide whether to go into bankruptcy. It doesn't look good for the movie. I don't know what would happen with the franchises unless somebody buys them. They also own the LOTR franchise if I'm not mistaken. I know they are worried about having enough money to finance the upcoming Hobbit movie.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*see's SR recced her vid*

*goes off to watch*

BEST. SPARKY. VID. EVER.
              Last edited by Regularamanda; 26 September 2009, 05:14 AM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Yay! More Anuna fics!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                A Croatian band playing Hotel California. Now I would have paid to see that. Sounds like the band has a great manager. Heh.

Well I tried to get them all in this vid but ran out of time. It's possible but you need a long song or very short clips. There is just too much Sparky.

MGM is in a world of hurt. (an idiom for big trouble) Lots of debt, angry bondholders and they have to decide whether to go into bankruptcy. It doesn't look good for the movie. I don't know what would happen with the franchises unless somebody buys them. They also own the LOTR franchise if I'm not mistaken. I know they are worried about having enough money to finance the upcoming Hobbit movie.
                I think New Line owns the LOTR franchise, but MGM owns the right to The Hobbit because of ancient deals done years ago (think Ralph Bakashi's Hobbit). New Line is doing okay, and would take over Hobbit, I'm sure, but as you can imagine I'm pretty sure MGM would do anything in it's power to maintain rights to it, because the windfall will be HUGE.

For SG, I'm pretty sure our productions are banking on SGU succeeding; if it doesn't it's going to mean a world of hurt. Syfy is owned by NBC Universal, which is also coming up as a question mark as to where it's going to go (GE may opt to sell it as well). If SGU isn't a huge success, there's question as to whether either Syfy or MGM would put money into any of the SG franchises (especially as Syfy's rebrand has apparently been successful and their original shows are doing well, like Warehouse 13, which means more greenlights for Syfy originals). I hope for their sakes SGU will succeed.

Hmmm...it's gray today. I think I'm going to the gym and then to write some.
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  *see's SR recced her vid*

*goes off to watch*

BEST. SPARKY. VID. EVER.
                  Thanks. Now to reset for football Saturday, a vid of a different sort. Go Hokies! Beat Miami.

Get ready for the best entrance in college football . *looks around for the other football fans* *runs*
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

SR LOVED that vid!
                    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Now to reset for football Saturday, a vid of a different sort. Go Hokies! Beat Miami.

Get ready for the best entrance in college football . *looks around for the other football fans* *runs*
                      Ooooo...how did they get to use Enter Sandman? That's awesome! I totally have to give them props for that!!!

One of my favorites (of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJkt6...eature=related

The Battle Hymn of the Bulldawg Nation--"Glory, Glory" starts with a solo trumpeter in one corner of Sanford Stadium, and as the rest of the band plays it, a montage on our Jumbotron of some of the most famous Dawg moments, narrated by Larry Munson.

Another video, then the Bulldawg run out from our tunnel preceded by "Krypton" from Superman and then followed by the Georgia cheer.

GO DAWGS! GO COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

Comment

Yup, Croatian band (of five people!) playing Hotel California. They're a small local band and don't have a real manager. However, 'Nuna man is practice - Nazi, he makes them learn many new songs.

Lady, I'll just write smut for me.

"Enter Sandman" by Metallica??? Tell me that's not perfect for a scary John/team vid - Doppleganger, anyone? Looks like I've found my new vidding project, and don't tell me someone already made it

Comment

Yup, Croatian band (of five people!) playing Hotel California. They're a small local band and don't have a real manager. However, 'Nuna man is practice - Nazi, he makes them learn many new songs.

Lady, I'll just write smut for me.

"Enter Sandman" by Metallica??? Tell me that's not perfect for a scary John/team vid - Doppleganger, anyone? Looks like I've found my new vidding project, and don't tell me someone already made it
                          Oh, do it do it do it!! *bounces*

Metallica is one of my all time favorite bands, and Enter Sandman one of my all time favorite songs! I like "The Unforgiven" and "Wherever I May Roam" as well. They're sort of in a three way tie for all time favorite song depending on my mood.

I WANTS A JOHN VID TO ENTER SANDMAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Oh, do it do it do it!! *bounces*

Metallica is one of my all time favorite bands, and Enter Sandman one of my all time favorite songs! I like "The Unforgiven" and "Wherever I May Roam" as well. They're sort of in a three way tie for all time favorite song depending on my mood.

I WANTS A JOHN VID TO ENTER SANDMAN!!!
                            Not a problem. hon! I just need the song and Limewire won't play nicely with me right now! Grrrr!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

*dies laughing* I hadn't seen that before, but yeah, it totally fits both SV and SGA!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Very funny LOL

Ah, yes, MGM is neck-deep in hot water. I'm sure this is part of the reason why we don't have a start date for either the SGA or third SG-1 movies; they simply don't have the cash right now. The decision to axe SGA, a proven series, in favor of the untested SGU is looking more and more like a serious clusterfrak. As for what could happen to the franchise if there is a bankruptcy, it's certainly possible that NBCUniversal could buy the franchise outright to have total control of it, though I've heard that they've been having some problems as well. Hmm...

Oh, and best football entrance? Why, my Trojans, of course. The drum major (as Tommy Trojan) stalks out to the center of the field, stabs the turf with his sword, the band plays Fanfare, Tribute to Troy and Fight On! and the team comes charging out to the field. Epic, baby. Videos just don't do it justice.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! DO IT NOW!!!!

That is such a badass idea! And now I know what that request on LJ is about... *runs around squeeing in delight*

Comment

Working...
                                X