Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if I was not clear.

Now I will go watch Doppelganger with mom. It's fun because I feel like I discover the season 4. Never watched the whole episode "Reunion", don't remember "Doppleganger", roll my eyes front of "Travelers".....
    Thanks my mom (and you), I can watch these episodes without having to take a break
    every 5 min.lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Uh, guys.... did I give you a link for my vid?

SK, I completely agree. I always had a feeling something was off in FS, and thought Elizabeth was simply feeling angry and overwhelmed. But you're right. It was quite OOC.
      Video? Hmm, maybe I missed it... gotta look for that.

Lizzie in FS was certainly feeling angry and overwhelmed, but that would've only fueled her resolve, if she was being written in character. But then, it's Gero, so go figure.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Sorry if I was not clear.

Now I will go watch Doppelganger with mom. It's fun because I feel like I discover the season 4. Never watched the whole episode "Reunion", don't remember "Doppleganger", roll my eyes front of "Travelers".....
      Thanks my mom (and you), I can watch these episodes without having to take a break
      every 5 min.lol
      *cracks up* Doppelganger is fun for the good!John vs. evil!John fight. And we get to see John wet in the rain again.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Video? Hmm, maybe I missed it... gotta look for that.

Lizzie in FS was certainly feeling angry and overwhelmed, but that would've only fueled her resolve, if she was being written in character. But then, it's Gero, so go figure.

*cracks up* Doppelganger is fun for the good!John vs. evil!John fight. And we get to see John wet in the rain again.
        Yah--at first glance I didn't feel like that scene was too out of character, but considering how she handles the crowd in "Allies/No Man's Land" & "Misbegotten", that was out of character. If she can stand up for herself and her actions after having essentially given the Wraith a free pass to Earth, then she'd be able to handle Ellis stepping on her toes easy-peasy.

Maybe voicing her frustration would have fit, but not saying she'd have to step down.

Mmmm. I like evil John.

I also like double John

And a few more under tags cuz he was just SO DANG PRETTY in this episode...

Spoiler:

Okay, that's not so pretty. Love how bug John still haunts Teyla's dreams. Poor Joe.

Jack Nicholson Evil

Passive Evil.

Who's the dude in the picture?

No wonder he never relaxes in his room. His bed's too small!

Wet and pretty.

He was a bit snotty and evil.

Who else wants him in the fleecy more? Love how this is 'good' John while 'bad John' is always in the BDUs.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Yah--at first glance I didn't feel like that scene was too out of character, but considering how she handles the crowd in "Allies/No Man's Land" & "Misbegotten", that was out of character. If she can stand up for herself and her actions after having essentially given the Wraith a free pass to Earth, then she'd be able to handle Ellis stepping on her toes easy-peasy.

Maybe voicing her frustration would have fit, but not saying she'd have to step down.
          Yep. Made of fail, Gero!

I so dig that Doppelganger picspam! John really looked so pretty in that episode.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/ugahill/SGA%20Season%204/doppleganger0157.jpg
          Okay, that's not so pretty. Love how bug John still haunts Teyla's dreams. Poor Joe.
          Heh! I always liked bug!John. Maybe it's the eyes.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/ugahill/SGA%20Season%204/doppleganger0621.jpg
          Who's the dude in the picture?
          Wasn't that a picture of kid!Joe with Evel Knievel? At least, I thought I had read that somewhere.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/ugahill/SGA%20Season%204/doppleganger0629.jpg
          No wonder he never relaxes in his room. His bed's too small!
          I know! What'd they do, give him a kiddie bed?

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/ugahill/SGA%20Season%204/doppleganger0801.jpg
          Wet and pretty.
          Mmmm... *licks lips*

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/ugahill/SGA%20Season%204/doppleganger0436.jpg
          Who else wants him in the fleecy more? Love how this is 'good' John while 'bad John' is always in the BDUs.[/spoilers]
          I do, I do! The fleecy makes John look all warm and cuddly.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yep. Made of fail, Gero!

Wasn't that a picture of kid!Joe with Evel Knievel? At least, I thought I had read that somewhere.
            I think you're right. I vaguely remember that too.

I do, I do! The fleecy makes John look all warm and cuddly.
            Notice how he's leaning away from her in that picture? Wonder if it'd been Lizzie, would he have been leaning towards?

The whole Doppelganger episode is one of those that makes me see how John 'grew up' in S4 (or grew darker). Not from the evil side of him, but because of how the real John handles all the craziness, from the deaths and people snapping to Teyla's hug and going after Rodney in Rodney's mind. From what I remember, he was so serious and understated here. I remember feeling really sad and downhearted watching him, because it felt like John was different. And I was still sad about Elizabeth.

Wonder what Elizabeth would have hallucinated if she'd been there?

Did it ever get explained why everyone's worst fears revolved around John? How did that whole thing work?

I'll find out from you guys tomorrow. Nighty-night, Sparkies, I'm off in the rain.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Mom doesn't like the episode. First, she was tired of seeing people die one by one (Ford and Carson, after Elizabeth and now Kate). Second, she doesn't like the fight between evil John and real John. More details in the future. She likes the idea and the bond between Rodney and Sheppard. And to finish, she has a porblem with Carter.lol
              Surprising, I like it. Not my favorite. I have problems with some moments in the episode but in general is...good.
              Time to go to bed.
              Goodnight/day everybody!
              sigpic

Comment

Notice how he's leaning away from her in that picture? Wonder if it'd been Lizzie, would he have been leaning towards?
                *snickers* Probably to get a closer look at how the new uniform hugs Lizzie's curves so much better.

The whole Doppelganger episode is one of those that makes me see how John 'grew up' in S4 (or grew darker). Not from the evil side of him, but because of how the real John handles all the craziness, from the deaths and people snapping to Teyla's hug and going after Rodney in Rodney's mind. From what I remember, he was so serious and understated here. I remember feeling really sad and downhearted watching him, because it felt like John was different. And I was still sad about Elizabeth.
                Yeah, I think it really drove home how alone John must've been feeling. Elizabeth's gone, and even with the rest of his friends still there, he's set apart from them.

Wonder what Elizabeth would have hallucinated if she'd been there?
                Something bad involving Sheppard but personal to Lizzie... maybe she'd also get a return visit from Bug!Shep?

Did it ever get explained why everyone's worst fears revolved around John? How did that whole thing work?
                I think the reasoning behind that was because John was the one to touch the crystal, so the entity sort of imprinted on him.

I'll find out from you guys tomorrow. Nighty-night, Sparkies, I'm off in the rain.
                Eeep! Stay safe and warm and dry out there! *huggles*

Comment

If any of you had wanted to watch that old Breakfast Show interview from before Joe got married, with Katherine and her family:
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=145841
                  sigpic

Comment

Thank you! I will most definitely scream your name.

If you find Lara's translation, let me know! I know her website is in three languages, but I didn't see anything at first glance about the meaning of it. It may be on her forums, which are in French.

Erin, lovely drawing!
                    Squee! Lizzie in the new uniform with John at her side! And they're holding hands! That's perfect!
                    Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    Love it Erin! *heartfelt sigh*
                    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    The way it should have been indeed. And see how much happier John is.
                    Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Ok I will do my "investigation" this afternoon.lol

Is it not the real end in the episode? Oh I forgot that I fell asleep.lol
                    I love your drawing.
                    Thanks guys!! Glad you liked it. I've almost convinced myself that that is what actually happened. And that would have been a pretty awesome 'what the...?' cliffhanger in my opinion. To have everything happen exactly as it did, and then when everybody's gathered on the balcony at the end have John walk out with Lizzie and lead her to the railing and they all enjoy the view and give no explanation for why she's there. I think if that had happened I would have been so happy I wouldn't have even cared that she appeared out of nowhere.

And a happy John means all is well with the universe. The moral of the story? Give Lizzie back to John, otherwise the universe goes to hell in a handbasket and we're all screwed.
                    lol! Exactly!

Yeah, I think it really drove home how alone John must've been feeling. Elizabeth's gone, and even with the rest of his friends still there, he's set apart from them.
                    Yeah... when I was doing that drawing I suddenly got struck by the realization of just how much Elizabeth is John's other half - how much she needed to be there. He's not complete without her. Even speaking from a strictly friendship standpoint, she's still the one that he goes to. Teyla has Ronon, and Rodney, while I do consider him and John best friends, I guess he has Carson. John needs Elizabeth. It just really hit me how much you can't have one without the other.
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      If any of you had wanted to watch that old Breakfast Show interview from before Joe got married, with Katherine and her family:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=145841
                      Ooooh, thank you for the link!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      Thanks guys!! Glad you liked it. I've almost convinced myself that that is what actually happened. And that would have been a pretty awesome 'what the...?' cliffhanger in my opinion. To have everything happen exactly as it did, and then when everybody's gathered on the balcony at the end have John walk out with Lizzie and lead her to the railing and they all enjoy the view and give no explanation for why she's there. I think if that had happened I would have been so happy I wouldn't have even cared that she appeared out of nowhere.
                      OMG! Now that's what I call a cliffhanger! And if that had been the way it ended, I wouldn't have minded at all if we never got the movie! LOL!

Yeah... when I was doing that drawing I suddenly got struck by the realization of just how much Elizabeth is John's other half - how much she needed to be there. He's not complete without her. Even speaking from a strictly friendship standpoint, she's still the one that he goes to. Teyla has Ronon, and Rodney, while I do consider him and John best friends, I guess he has Carson. John needs Elizabeth. It just really hit me how much you can't have one without the other.
                      Like peanut butter and chocolate.

Comment

Ooooh, thank you for the link!

OMG! Now that's what I call a cliffhanger! And if that had been the way it ended, I wouldn't have minded at all if we never got the movie! LOL!
                        Me neither! I could definitely handle not getting any explanation, I would have been too happy to have her back! I can picture it: I would have been jumping up and down and shrieking incoherently and pointing at the screen and laughing... yeah, I would have been on that cloud for days...
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Me neither! I could definitely handle not getting any explanation, I would have been too happy to have her back! I can picture it: I would have been jumping up and down and shrieking incoherently and pointing at the screen and laughing... yeah, I would have been on that cloud for days...
                          Popping open bottles of champagne and passing trays of buckwheat pancakes with caviar and smoked salmon all the way! Par-tay!

Comment

Getting the Smut!Day festivities started a little early with a fic rec:

Renegotiation, by miera. After "Epiphany" John decides it's time to change some things in his life.

Happy Sparky reading!

Comment

Getting the Smut!Day festivities started a little early with a fic rec:

Renegotiation, by miera. After "Epiphany" John decides it's time to change some things in his life.

Happy Sparky reading!
                              I second rec it!

Hey, it's a smut day where I am, alright And it's never too early for sparky smut.

Must finish that one I've started
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Just saw "Travellers". Well....How to say?
                                My mother laughed during the episode. I can't say if it's because she liked it or hated it.
                                And me? Sometimes I'm happy if I survive after watching an episode of the season 4.lol I'm little hard, I know. But this one is....It's Travellers. Can't find a word to descrite this episode.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X