Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Okay, chicas, ja vas ništa ne razumijem.

That was Croatian for "I don't understand you at all". Actually, that was a lie, because I do understand un pocito of Spanish. Sparky works in any language for me, hehe!
    I can roughly understand what you guys wrote in Spanish but can't speak it or write it at all. Language instruction in school is useless unless you actually get to speak it. I think a lot of it has to do with how large the US is and with all our regional dialects it's sometimes almost like another language. I speak fluent Southern and, thanks to my inlaws, fluent New Jersey. (fuhgeddaboutit) But you do have to learn a language when you're young.

Now for more Sparky. Here's my latest wallpaper. The lyrics are from "Very Last Country Song" by Sugarland. (Yes, I am adoring my new CD. It's all Sparky.) I picked a few lines that were particularly Sparkified.

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

SR, that's a gorgeous wallpaper!

On foreign languages - kids usually learn two, German and English, and some pick optional classes and lear Spanish or Italian.

Random - it's not easy writing smut with character development.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

You all are making me want to re-watch S4.

*grumble*

~~~~ Waves hello to sparkies ~~~~
        sig made by me

Comment

On foreign languages - kids usually learn two, German and English, and some pick optional classes and lear Spanish or Italian.

Smut has character development?

*runs and hides from Anuna*
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post

*grumble*

HELLO! Good to see you!
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              HELLO! Good to see you!
              Hiya Eri!
              sig made by me

Comment

Thanks. I seem to be inspired lately. I think it's Sugarland.

Here you get to choose from French or Spanish in high school but it's not taught so you can actually come out speaking it. LOL Some schools teach German with a few, mostly private schools, offering Russian or something else. Amusing OT/RL story. My son's Spanish teacher was Russian. She had a Russian first name and a Spanish last name because her dad was from Cuba. LOL But she spoke both those languages with no accent. Her English had a Russian accent.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post

*grumble*

*waves* Hey lady. We enjoyed your con report. Stay awhile. We are all getting real discussion oriented on S4. Looking for Sparky in all the right places.
                sigpic

Comment

Exactly, SR! This is something that happens with John all the time, his fear to lose someone else, his need to protect them all the best he can are always there. (here's my Sparky take on "Quarantine").

I loved "Quarantine" for several reasons, and two among them are Ronon/Jennifer (because they're simply adorable together), and John's conversation with Teyla. Binder rocks at writing characters and getting into their heads. I loved how he wrote a beautiful personal conversation between two team members - it's something that happens rarely in SGA. I could really empathize with Teyla and all her concerns for her child, if her son would become both fatherless and motherless. At the time of Quarantine we don't know what happened to Kanaan, and knowing the nature of Teyla's "job" (being on John's team) her fears are very realistic. I loved how John told her about his friend from college, a woman who has three kids and works as a cop. Then he said to Teyla that her child would always have a family on Atlantis, should something bad happen, and that's perfectly in character for him. I can see him taking care of her son personally. You just know he'd to that, and wouldn't let anyone else take that responsibility. He showed empathy, but more in verbal, than non verbal way -

Spoiler:

During their conversation he is looking at his computer most of the time. Teyla does look at him, quite often, but he uses the computer as a distraction, or rather to distance himself.

Obviously, it's not because he dislikes her or anything like that - John simply can't bear the thought of anyone else being in danger (any of his people). He's very afraid he won't be able to protect Teyla - not only from dangers of Pegasus galaxy, but sometimes from herself too. he was right when he didn't want her to go on missions - it was dangerous, and reacted the way he did because she was exposing herself and her unborn son to danger.

The only time when John does look at her is when he promises her son would always have family on Atlantis.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/HDTVsga-4x13-0613.jpg[/IMG]

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/HDTVsga-4x13-0615.jpg[/IMG]

However, look at him. He looks like all of the fire he once had inside was extinguished. ( In Adrift/Lifeline).

The only lighter moment was when the baby kicked and we got a glimpse of old John. But it was just a glimpse.

Even Teyla is aware of that.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/HDTVsga-4x13-1602.jpg[/IMG]

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/HDTVsga-4x13-1628.jpg[/IMG]

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/HDTVsga-4x13-1627.jpg[/IMG]

His eyes became empty very quickly.

Long story short - the loss of Elizabeth changed John profoundly, it affected on all of his relationships, on the way he communicates with other people.... PTB messed him up rather fine.
                  Oh, it 's true! For that one small moment he really does look like his old self. You don't notice quite how empty he is until you get such an immediate comparison. *flails*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I can roughly understand what you guys wrote in Spanish but can't speak it or write it at all. Language instruction in school is useless unless you actually get to speak it. I think a lot of it has to do with how large the US is and with all our regional dialects it's sometimes almost like another language. I speak fluent Southern and, thanks to my inlaws, fluent New Jersey. (fuhgeddaboutit) But you do have to learn a language when you're young.

Now for more Sparky. Here's my latest wallpaper. The lyrics are from "Very Last Country Song" by Sugarland. (Yes, I am adoring my new CD. It's all Sparky.) I picked a few lines that were particularly Sparkified.

Spoiler:
                  Oh, I love it! Especially the next to last line: 'If we knew what we had before it was gone' *sniff*
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I bring a smut fic before going to bed: Five ways they do it. Adult content warning, obviously. Enjoy!
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I bring a smut fic before going to bed: Five ways they do it. Adult content warning, obviously. Enjoy!
                      Damn! I read this just before to go to bed. Maybe not a good idea.lol

Saw "Quarantine". I still don't like some moment sin this episode but I have to admit...It's a good one. I will not burn my dvds.

Goodnight/day everybody.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good night Homie I too thought the scene in S&R where Shep demands Keller release him refers to Lizzie. Anuna I'm scared to read your fic, I don't know if I can handle it So sparky reading material is thin; I have an idea. (yes, I am stealing this from SMB Books. SMB I hope you don't mind). Have fun with these:

1.) Rock'n'roll and brew
                        2.) It's so easy to fall in love
                        3.) The manly art of grilling
                        4.) Lonely cowboys and funny valentines
                        5.) Do these pants make my butt look big?

Have fun folks. Hopefully these will cheer me up after DA BEARS screwed up big time in Green Bay. I finish up days tomorrow, and have to get ready for midnights on Thursday. So I'll write a little something in the evening to enjoy with your coffee and danish/bear claw/biscuits'n'gravy the next morning.

ETA: SK Thanks for the hug
                        Eri13 We can always hate on Florida together and nice fic.
                        Last edited by pkprd869; 14 September 2009, 02:02 PM.
                        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

1) Echoes: John carries Elizabeth
                          2) Siege 3: The hug
                          3) The Real World: John breaks quarantine
                          4) Intruder: Coffee scene (I rewind this at LEAST five times each time)
                          5) The Eye: John shoots Kolya and saves Elizabeth. Then he asks if she's "okay."
                          6) Submersion: "You're with me or I'm with you...either way or eye-ther way."
                          7)TLG: The Kiss of course
                          8) Misbegotten: "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?"
                          9) The Real World: the entire end scene - John's smile!
                          10. Grace Under Pressure: the chocolate/peanut butter scene with the real sparks in the background.
                          11. Instinct: Shep makes a joke about Wraith teenage angst. (Something like, "pimples, teen rebellion, the usual wraith puberty stuff".) And Lizzie tries to contain her smile but it creeps out. I'm the kind of fellow that's a sucker for the little stuff.
                          12.) In The Eye/The Storm when Shep is all "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" to Kolya. That certainly would be my reaction.
                          13. TRW: when John was talking to Elizabeth while she was unconscious
                          14. Before I Sleep: John gives Elizabeth a birthday present.
                          15. 38 Minutes: The end infirmary scene.
                          16) The Return: In the restaurant. "Cheeky"
                          17) Siege III: the 'raise the shield' scene where John frantically tries to radio Atlantis a few times before they answer. I love his 'don't SCARE me like that' line and the expression on his face.
                          18) Conversion: The "bedside manner" scene.
                          19) This Mortal Coil: The Whole "Hello John" Scene with the Duplicate Weir and The real John Sheppard. i felt bad for john cause in that scene we truly see the pain of what he was going through.
                          Love the TMC scene...also love/hate...
                          20: Adrift: "She'll never be the same Elizabeth" scene. *heartbreak*
                          21) Misbegotten: the conference room scene where it seems like John and Elizabeth are the only ones there.
                          22: Progeny: the scene with Elizabeth being choked by Niam, and John coming to her rescue, then asking if she's okay.
                          23) Epiphany: the scene at the end where Lizzie teases John about the beard
                          24) Lifeline: John Leaving Elizabeth behind
                          25) Lifeline: the moment where john is in the chair after they land on the new planet
                          26) Lifeline: The end scene.
                          27) Hot Zone: The scene where Elizabeth chews John out for being snotty (aka the 'you still think it was a good idea to break quarantine!?' scene)
                          28) Duet: John's imitation of a little boy asking for a puppy when he asks Elizabeth to approve Ronon joining the team (the "I knew you'd say yes"/"I haven't said yes"/"Well, you were about to" bit)
                          29) GitM: the last scene for the look on John's face
                          30) The Tower: the balcony scene at the end where John tells Lizzie that he turned down the girl and getting to be king. (Because he so wanted to go home to Lizzie.)
                          31) Lifeline: When John says "we'll be back before you know it" and he and Elizabeth share a long last look before he leaves the jumper.
                          32) Tao of Rodney: John and Elizabeth have lunch together.

33) Siege II - The look that lasts forever. "You can't." "I have to...and you know it."
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! And geeze, you guys have really been going at it about Quarantine, too! Gah, I've got to go rewatch that now! Except I don't have the DVDs. *hangs head*

SR, I love that new wallpaper! Sparky on the run again, hahaha!

'Nuna! You naughty girl! Getting the Smut!Day festivities started a little early, are we? John's getting downright primal. RAWR!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              Oh, it 's true! For that one small moment he really does look like his old self. You don't notice quite how empty he is until you get such an immediate comparison. *flails*

Oh, I love it! Especially the next to last line: 'If we knew what we had before it was gone' *sniff*
                              Thanks. I love the last line too. So Sparky.

And on John in Quarantine. I think the idea of the baby and that Teyla is making a home for herself in Atlantis makes him feel like he has done all he's had to do for a reason. In spite of his own personal tragedy he's got to be happy for her.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! And geeze, you guys have really been going at it about Quarantine, too! Gah, I've got to go rewatch that now! Except I don't have the DVDs. *hangs head*

SR, I love that new wallpaper! Sparky on the run again, hahaha!

'Nuna! You naughty girl! Getting the Smut!Day festivities started a little early, are we? John's getting downright primal. RAWR!
                              Thanks muchly.

Now I'm off to read 'Nuna!smut.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                And on John in Quarantine. I think the idea of the baby and that Teyla is making a home for herself in Atlantis makes him feel like he has done all he's had to do for a reason. In spite of his own personal tragedy he's got to be happy for her.
                                Yep. I can see John feeling that even if he can't have his own happy ending with Elizabeth, at least he can make sure that Teyla has a happy ending with her son (and Kanaan, once they get him back). To John, it makes his own suffering worth it.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X