Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    My parents are portuguese but I was born in France. I undertand portuguese and I can speak it. I have some trouble when I have to write something in this language. My portuguese is like my english. Not very well.lol
    It's funny sometimes when I have to write something that my mom said on Sparky. She talks to me in Portuguese. I translate it in french for me (in my head) and after that I try to translate this in english for you. It's complicated huh?
    And I didn't like Cristiano Ronaldo before but now I like it. I think he's a great player. He can do some beautiful things with a ball and now he can play with a team and not only thinks of himself.
    Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. lol! And then you said you learned Spanish? That's so cool.

And you're right about Ronaldo.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Probably thinking all the while, 'what would Elizabeth say if she was here?'

*cracks up* Oh, poor John! I can just imagine the family reunion now...

Hah! Radek crawling through the air ducts and John doing the Spiderman thing with climbing up the control tower were the two best things about that whole episode.
    EXACTLY. D:
    rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Yay! I think John was following Elizabeth, so to speak. Doing exactly what she would have said and done, and you gotta love him for that.

Comments coming in a day or two.
      Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Okay, my rating for this episode: 8/10. Yes, you read that well. It was funny, team-y, and there were things Sparky in it. Plus, Ronon/Keller is just too cute. You may throw rotten tomatoes my way now. *ducks head*

Edit. Oh Rodney. Her can't even say he has flaws.
      I believe Quarantine is a Binder episode, right? That explains some.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Yay Portugal! Do you have mascots and funny songs like we do?

And all of S4 he's afraid of losing more team members. I don't think he could have taken much more. You know JF said at DragonCon that he liked the dark turn John took from an acting standpoint. I'd love to know what he would have changed. He did say that he wanted his dad to stay alive to make his life miserable. LOL But you have to admit that going darker did give him some good moments. And he loved Vegas for just that reason.
      I think he really applauded John's turn in Miller's Crossing, which I also did--I loved that episode and John's actions in it, even if it was 'too dark' for some of TPTB (hence why they backed off of it). For me, it was the same as his action in The Eye.

Hey, did they keep in that scene with John being in Elizabeth's office (Sam's office) and talking about negotiating with some culture, and Sam says something like 'you sound like Elizabeth'? Did they keep that in? I know they shot it but I can't remember if they kept it in. Does anyone know?
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Yep, it's a Binder episode.

I think he really applauded John's turn in Miller's Crossing, which I also did--I loved that episode and John's actions in it, even if it was 'too dark' for some of TPTB (hence why they backed off of it). For me, it was the same as his action in The Eye.
        I LOVED Miller's Crossing for the Dark!John. And that they actually stuck with some continuity and mentioned Elizabeth in reference to the nanites.

Hey, did they keep in that scene with John being in Elizabeth's office (Sam's office) and talking about negotiating with some culture, and Sam says something like 'you sound like Elizabeth'? Did they keep that in? I know they shot it but I can't remember if they kept it in. Does anyone know?
        Was that the line in Doppelganger?

SAM'S OFFICE. Sam and John walk in.

SHEPPARD: D'you think it knows it's trapped?

CARTER: I don't know. Why?

SHEPPARD: Maybe there's a way to ... I don't know, reason with it.

CARTER: Being in Doctor Weir's old office made you think of that, didn't it?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Howdy folks. Vixen nice pic. The anime style drawing is pretty neat. Probie (My homie), Vixen, Anuna I've heard some of the "TEAM" songs, I like them. I've heard a punk cover of :Blue Moon" used by a British team and "I will Survive" by Hermes House Band (kinda ska-ish cover). I made this thanks to y'all

(In Weir's Office)
          Why is called football if you don't use your feet very much?
          Well... they kick it now and then.
          So soccer you use your feet, but football you don't?
          Pretty much.
          Ronon, every one else calls "soccer" football on Earth. Only America uses those terms.
          *grunt of confusion*
          Hey the Canadians call it football too.
          I know, you think Canadian football stinks *rolls eyes*

And on a sad note my Vols lost. (A hug form Lizzie would cheer me up). I hope DA BEARS (DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS) beat those cheeseheads from up north to save my weekend.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

He also said he really liked Outcast and reminded everyone that he wrote the story but not being Canadian they wouldn't give him credit. (And yes I know that sentence is not grammatically correct, but I'm having a severe allergy attack and I don't have the energy to think.) Anyway, he liked everything about Outcast except that they killed off his dad.

That scene with John and Sam is one of my favorites in S4. I think it shows us Sam's understanding of the John/Elizabeth relationship. Not in a shippy way. And you know what? That really makes me happy because no matter what level of Sparky admirer you are, you can find plenty to discuss about them without disturbing canon in any way. Sparky is just the ship for everybody. Even if it's just friendship.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yay Portugal! Do you have mascots and funny songs like we do?

And all of S4 he's afraid of losing more team members. I don't think he could have taken much more. You know JF said at DragonCon that he liked the dark turn John took from an acting standpoint. I'd love to know what he would have changed. He did say that he wanted his dad to stay alive to make his life miserable. LOL But you have to admit that going darker did give him some good moments. And he loved Vegas for just that reason.
              I don't think so either. Is it kind of bad that, in Enemy at the Gate, (don't know whether S5 is open game or not, so I'll put in in spoilers)
              Spoiler:
              when Ronon got killed, my first shocked thought was for John? I was literally jumping up and down and shrieking 'No! They can't do this to him again! They can't keep taking people away!!' Now don't get me wrong, I love Ronon, but... yeah.

Probably thinking all the while, 'what would Elizabeth say if she was here?'
              Gah!
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                I don't think so either. Is it kind of bad that, in Enemy at the Gate, (don't know whether S5 is open game or not, so I'll put in in spoilers)
                Spoiler:
                when Ronon got killed, my first shocked thought was for John? I was literally jumping up and down and shrieking 'No! They can't do this to him again! They can't keep taking people away!!' Now don't get me wrong, I love Ronon, but... yeah.

Gah!
                So I wonder how John would have broken if he had lost anyone else. I'm thinking about how in Lifeline he said "it's going to be okay Elizabeth" with such conviction like he wouldn't even hear of anything else. And then when it all went sideways he never really dealt with it. He did everything he could not to even have to think about it and maybe even convinced himself that he did the right thing in not going on a daring rescue mission against orders because she wouldn't have wanted him to. But it would be interesting to know what was going through his mind for all of S5 after GitM.
                sigpic

Comment

*hugs pkprd869* Sorry to hear the Vols lost.

He also said he really liked Outcast and reminded everyone that he wrote the story but not being Canadian they wouldn't give him credit. (And yes I know that sentence is not grammatically correct, but I'm having a severe allergy attack and I don't have the energy to think.) Anyway, he liked everything about Outcast except that they killed off his dad.
                  Heh. Yeah, it would've been quite interesting to see more of the Sheppard family dynamic with Daddy Sheppard still around. One of the things I really liked about Sam in SG-1 was her relationship with her father (and of course all the fun stuff with Selmak, haha). I wanted to see that kind of detail with John's family.

That scene with John and Sam is one of my favorites in S4. I think it shows us Sam's understanding of the John/Elizabeth relationship. Not in a shippy way. And you know what? That really makes me happy because no matter what level of Sparky admirer you are, you can find plenty to discuss about them without disturbing canon in any way. Sparky is just the ship for everybody. Even if it's just friendship.
                  At least, almost everybody.

Gee, I wonder if maybe O'Neill gave Sam a heads-up on Sheppard and Weir?

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Yeah. The people he loves just keep getting taken away. I keep thinking that John must believe that he's cursed.

So I wonder how John would have broken if he had lost anyone else. I'm thinking about how in Lifeline he said "it's going to be okay Elizabeth" with such conviction like he wouldn't even hear of anything else. And then when it all went sideways he never really dealt with it. He did everything he could not to even have to think about it and maybe even convinced himself that he did the right thing in not going on a daring rescue mission against orders because she wouldn't have wanted him to. But it would be interesting to know what was going through his mind for all of S5 after GitM.
                  Especially with all the reminders of her that keep coming up post-GitM. Inquisition, Remnants, First Contact, Enemy at the Gate... There was nowhere he could turn to escape it. And when you take into consideration all the other things that have gone wrong in his life, I wonder if perhaps he felt he deserved that.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
                    Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. lol! And then you said you learned Spanish? That's so cool.

And you're right about Ronaldo.

EXACTLY. D:
                    Yes I can speak and understand Spanish very well. My spanish is better than my english.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                    Howdy folks. Vixen nice pic. The anime style drawing is pretty neat. Probie (My homie), Vixen, Anuna I've heard some of the "TEAM" songs, I like them. I've heard a punk cover of :Blue Moon" used by a British team and "I will Survive" by Hermes House Band (kinda ska-ish cover). I made this thanks to y'all

(In Weir's Office)
                    Pretty much.
                    Ronon, every one else calls "soccer" football on Earth. Only America uses those terms.
                    *grunt of confusion*

And on a sad note my Vols lost. (A hug form Lizzie would cheer me up). I hope DA BEARS (DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS) beat those cheeseheads from up north to save my weekend.
                    Hi Homie! Sorry for your team.
                    Oh I hate "I will survive". It's the song that french team used when they won the World cup.
                    I like your Ronon. American are complicated. Your football is more like our Rugby in more violent.

Amen!lol
                    Everybody saw the bond between them. No matters if we saw love or friendship. It's the strongest bond in the show (ok with Rodney and Sheppard too).
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Sparky stories seem to be few and far between these days, could really do with a happy, fluffy sparky story right now. Any recs?

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                        Sparky stories seem to be few and far between these days, could really do with a happy, fluffy sparky story right now. Any recs?
                        Have you seen this one?
                        Weddings and Bridesmaid Dresses
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep, it's a Binder episode.

I LOVED Miller's Crossing for the Dark!John. And that they actually stuck with some continuity and mentioned Elizabeth in reference to the nanites.

Was that the line in Doppelganger?
                          That's it, thanks! I was trying to remember it for my mini-recap--didn't want to leave it out if it had been in there.

The Elizabeth mention in Miller's Crossing also grants us a John woobie!face.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post

(In Weir's Office)
                          Pretty much.
                          *grunt of confusion*

Sorry about the Vols. I was rooting for them. Hopefully you all shall conquer Florida next week!

I once wrote a ficlet about Sheppard, Zelenka and football, very similar to your little caption. Let me see if I can find it.

Here we go: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5376511/..._REAL_football

I agree! Though I wonder if Sam doesn't sort of look on it with interested eyes, at least, given her and Jack's relationship, if you subscribe to that ship. She's very careful around Sheppard the few times they discuss Weir. In part that's just Sam, but if there was anyone who might be able to wheedle out more info on that whole thing, I'd think it would be her. Even Woolsey sorta got the hint in GITM.

Shame she wasn't involved in TMC.

I didn't get to see The Kindred/Search and Rescue stuff, but I would imagine part of his aggression over Teyla's loss is directly motivated by what happened to Elizabeth, and the 'this just isn't going to happen AGAIN' feeling.

I really am going to have to watch all of S4/S5, just so I can make better arguments as to Sheppard's character.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          Yes I can speak and understand Spanish very well. My spanish is better than my english.

Hi Homie! Sorry for your team.
                          Oh I hate "I will survive". It's the song that french team used when they won the World cup.
                          I like your Ronon. American are complicated. Your football is more like our Rugby in more violent.

Amen!lol
                          Everybody saw the bond between them. No matters if we saw love or friendship. It's the strongest bond in the show (ok with Rodney and Sheppard too).
                          Necesito hablar con Usted in Espanol. Puedo hablar in este lengua mejor que Francais.

Comment

Sorry about the Vols. I was rooting for them. Hopefully you all shall conquer Florida next week!

Me too. *runs from family who are 'Gator fans*

I didn't get to see The Kindred/Search and Rescue stuff, but I would imagine part of his aggression over Teyla's loss is directly motivated by what happened to Elizabeth, and the 'this just isn't going to happen AGAIN' feeling.

I really am going to have to watch all of S4/S5, just so I can make better arguments as to Sheppard's character.

Necesito hablar con Usted in Espanol. Puedo hablar in este lengua mejor que Francais.
                            In S&R we get this exchange which I chose to take as a hint of Sparky:

Spoiler:
                            SHEPPARD: Look, there's gotta be ... (He tries to sit up but can't manage it. Sinking back, he rolls his eyes.) There's gotta be a quick fix.

KELLER: No!

SHEPPARD: I need a few hours.

KELLER: I'm sorry. I can't.

(She turns to walk away but John reaches out and grabs her arm.)

SHEPPARD: I have had a chance to rescue a team mate before, and it slipped through my hands. I am not letting that happen again.

And to illustrate another woobie face:

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Exactly, SR! This is something that happens with John all the time, his fear to lose someone else, his need to protect them all the best he can are always there. (here's my Sparky take on "Quarantine").

I loved "Quarantine" for several reasons, and two among them are Ronon/Jennifer (because they're simply adorable together), and John's conversation with Teyla. Binder rocks at writing characters and getting into their heads. I loved how he wrote a beautiful personal conversation between two team members - it's something that happens rarely in SGA. I could really empathize with Teyla and all her concerns for her child, if her son would become both fatherless and motherless. At the time of Quarantine we don't know what happened to Kanaan, and knowing the nature of Teyla's "job" (being on John's team) her fears are very realistic. I loved how John told her about his friend from college, a woman who has three kids and works as a cop. Then he said to Teyla that her child would always have a family on Atlantis, should something bad happen, and that's perfectly in character for him. I can see him taking care of her son personally. You just know he'd to that, and wouldn't let anyone else take that responsibility. He showed empathy, but more in verbal, than non verbal way -

Spoiler:

During their conversation he is looking at his computer most of the time. Teyla does look at him, quite often, but he uses the computer as a distraction, or rather to distance himself.

Obviously, it's not because he dislikes her or anything like that - John simply can't bear the thought of anyone else being in danger (any of his people). He's very afraid he won't be able to protect Teyla - not only from dangers of Pegasus galaxy, but sometimes from herself too. he was right when he didn't want her to go on missions - it was dangerous, and reacted the way he did because she was exposing herself and her unborn son to danger.

The only time when John does look at her is when he promises her son would always have family on Atlantis.

However, look at him. He looks like all of the fire he once had inside was extinguished. ( In Adrift/Lifeline).

The only lighter moment was when the baby kicked and we got a glimpse of old John. But it was just a glimpse.

Even Teyla is aware of that.

His eyes became empty very quickly.

Long story short - the loss of Elizabeth changed John profoundly, it affected on all of his relationships, on the way he communicates with other people.... PTB messed him up rather fine.
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

In S&R we get this exchange which I chose to take as a hint of Sparky:

Spoiler:
                                SHEPPARD: Look, there's gotta be ... (He tries to sit up but can't manage it. Sinking back, he rolls his eyes.) There's gotta be a quick fix.

KELLER: No!

SHEPPARD: I need a few hours.

KELLER: I'm sorry. I can't.

(She turns to walk away but John reaches out and grabs her arm.)

SHEPPARD: I have had a chance to rescue a team mate before, and it slipped through my hands. I am not letting that happen again.

And to illustrate another woobie face:

Spoiler:
                                Nice. I'm sure people can use that to refer to Ford as well, but it seems much more fitting for Elizabeth. Ford sorta made his own choices during The Hive, but John felt he had that brief window of time between Lifeline and Reunion to find Elizabeth and was denied that--and after TMC, of course, he'd been told she'd been killed by Oberoth.

Comment

Working...
                                X