No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*makes some space on the Petty Wenches' Couch for Anuna and hands over a mojito*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      *makes some space on the Petty Wenches' Couch for Anuna and hands over a mojito*
      *makes herself all comfy*

I like Petty Wenches Couch!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

In the meantime I'm continuing to watch "The Missing". It's making my brain hurt. *groans*

Comment

*poofs in*

All I have to say is.. the balcony is more lopsided than the leaning tower of Pisa.

Spoiler:

*poofs out*
          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

OMFG! USC came from behind to spank Ohio State! Fight on, Trojans! Well, I guess John won't be quite so cranky tonight after all!
            Go Trojans!

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
            *poofs in*

All I have to say is.. the balcony is more lopsided than the leaning tower of Pisa.

Spoiler:

*poofs out*
            I love her hair. And your balcony if fine. We're just looking at it from an angle. Yeah, that's it.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hey, room for one more?

*poofs in*

Spoiler:

*poofs out*
              Ooo, I like! Cartoon Lizzie is very pretty.
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

OMFG! USC came from behind to spank Ohio State! Fight on, Trojans! Well, I guess John won't be quite so cranky tonight after all!
                Great for Trojans. I hope OST doesn't make it to the title game this year. Hopefully Michigan will beat them too.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

Me three!

*poofs in*

Spoiler:

*poofs out*
                Lizzie as anime! LOVE IT!
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Yeah, I have to admit, I also wondered why they did that.
                  Spoiler:
                  I mean, look at Season 2 when Ford was written out and Ronon brought in: they didn't start using the new opening credits with Jason Momoa until Duet, the episode after Ronon was introduced. The Siege Part 3, The Intruder, and Runner all use the Season 1 credits. Not following that established precedent and keeping the Season 2-3 credits through Reunion surely must have spoiled the outcome of Adrift/Lifeline for any casual viewers who weren't aware of the casting changes. (Not to mention, fueling even more ill-will from disgruntled fans.)
                  I think how the credits were done in each case had to do with the individual actors' contracts. Also, if I remember correctly PTB were trying to keep some suspense with Ford/Ronan while Weir being written out was well publisized in advance.
                  DDC

Comment

Guys, I'll answer the Adrift questions hopefully tomorrow. Tell me, are you interested in more of my random ep commentaries sometime later? I was watching some Keller -featured eps (for fic purposes) and it's always interesting how you can find Sparky related things (which are always tied to John, of course) - even in an ep like Quarantine.

Comment

Guys, I'll answer the Adrift questions hopefully tomorrow. Tell me, are you interested in more of my random ep commentaries sometime later? I was watching some Keller -featured eps (for fic purposes) and it's always interesting how you can find Sparky related things (which are always tied to John, of course) - even in an ep like Quarantine.
                      Yes please. All Sparky related commentary is most welcome.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Yes please. All Sparky related commentary is most welcome.
                        Yay! I think John was following Elizabeth, so to speak. Doing exactly what she would have said and done, and you gotta love him for that.

Comments coming in a day or two.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Hee! I rather thought you would!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                          Hey, room for one more?
                          Come on down! There's always room for more!

*poofs in*

Spoiler:

*poofs out*
                          More Anime!Lizzie! *squees and snerches the pic*

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                          I think how the credits were done in each case had to do with the individual actors' contracts. Also, if I remember correctly PTB were trying to keep some suspense with Ford/Ronan while Weir being written out was well publisized in advance.
                          It was well publicized among the fans. But as I said before, there are casual viewers out there who aren't plugged into the online fandom and thus had no idea the casting change was coming and the story was spoiled for them. And certainly, new viewers who may be coming in now and watching the show for the first time via reruns or DVDs may not know about it either, and the story will also be spoiled for them.

How credits are handled is not written into individual contracts, those rules are standardized by the actors' unions. They can do waivers for certain things, like a surprise appearance that's being kept secret (like Torri's cameo in BAMSR; her name appeared on a special card at the end of the episode before the closing credits, instead of in the 'guest starring' block following the opening credits), but normally, what's applied to one actor is applied to all who are working under the same terms.

Yes! Your commentaries are snarktastic and Sparktastic fun! Please keep 'em coming as long as you're enjoying it!

Hmm, Harmony would be another interesting one to do...
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi everybody.

Vixen: Cool drawing. I really like it.
                            Anuna: Of course, we are interested. I can't wait to see your comments. I also saw Sparky in the season 4. Even in "Harmony" when John talks about leadership. No time to explain now but maybe I will explain later.

Everybody talked about football. I can join the conversion now even if I'm talking about 'soccer'.lol My team (Portugal) is in bad situation. I hope my team will participate to the FIFA World Cup or my brother will cry.lol
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Hi everybody.

Vixen: Cool drawing. I really like it.
                              Anuna: Of course, we are interested. I can't wait to see your comments. I also saw Sparky in the season 4. Even in "Harmony" when John talks about leadership. No time to explain now but maybe I will explain later.

Everybody talked about football. I can join the conversion now even if I'm talking about 'soccer'.lol My team (Portugal) is in bad situation. I hope my team will participate to the FIFA World Cup or my brother will cry.lol
                              Yay, FINALLY someone who thinks soccer when you say football. My team got their tushies kicked by England's team last week. I don't like English team at all, and now I like them even less. I hope they have to shoot penalties in half final of World championship, because that's what always makes them crack and lose the game. Penaltieeees.

Watching Quarantene now. John is being sweet and caring and,y ou know, the way John should be, but he seems so.... sad and empty. He had really lost the joy and the spark.

Comment

Yay, FINALLY someone who thinks soccer when you say football. My team got their tushies kicked by England's team last week. I don't like English team at all, and now I like them even less. I hope they have to shoot penalties in half final of World championship, because that's what always makes them crack and lose the game. Penaltieeees.

Watching Quarantene now. John is being sweet and caring and,y ou know, the way John should be, but he seems so.... sad and empty. He had really lost the joy and the spark.
                                Come into my arms. Someone who likes soccer. Are you a fan of Croatia? If I am right is against them that England played last week. I don't like the English team. The worst team for me is the French team. Yes it's strange for a french girl.lol The French are cheating when they play against the Portuguese. I hate this team but I like the country.lol

I don't really like "Quarantine". Maybe you will help me to like this episode.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X