Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of my beautiful life My parents are back tomorrow.lol
    I'm sure that my mom won't say "Hi Lucie! I missed you. What's up?". Oh no she will say "Get out of my view! Put the dvd and hit 'play'!"Lol

Sparky family reunion...is so cute.
    See you later. I need to clean a little my house before the demon (mom lol) comes.lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

You all did so well over the weekend with all those prompts, I thought it was time for some more.....you know the drill - pick your favorite and HAVE FUN!

Fireworks

Donught Day

Thunderstorms

Caught Between A Rock And A Hard Place

A Pleasant Surprise

Campfire Musings

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
      sigpic
      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
        Well since I'm going back eight days and catching up this topic caught my eye most deffinitly. I DON'T WANT THIS THREAD TO END!!!
        This thread is what keeps me going and keeping my bordom away. I'm between #2 and #3. Life always keeps me away and I have no choice. And I'm also a lurker.

Like KIlldear I sometimes feel like an intruder and I'm more of a Sparky Sympathizer. I completely enjoy all the amazing discussions and your right we should reply more often and participate more. If life leaves us enough time then yes. I also support the idea of a Sparky reunion.
        For both you and Killdeer, what can we do to make you feel less like an intruder and more a part of the gang?

I know we tend to get on tangents here and maybe those with less interest in the present conversation may drift away, but everyone should know we are cool with you changing the topic at any time. Since the show is over and no more canon will be added, we have to look for new ways to discuss the old stuff. And dissenting opinions are also always welcome and encouraged.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

1) Echoes: John carries Elizabeth
          2) Siege 3: The hug
          3) The Real World: John breaks quarantine
          4) Intruder: Coffee scene (I rewind this at LEAST five times each time)
          5) The Eye: John shoots Kolya and saves Elizabeth. Then he asks if she's "okay."
          6) Submersion: "You're with me or I'm with you...either way or eye-ther way."
          7)TLG The Kiss of course
          8) Misbegotten: "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?"
          9) The Real World: the entire end scene - John's smile!
          10. Grace Under Pressure: the chocolate/peanut butter scene with the real sparks in the background.
          11. Instinct: Shep makes a joke about Wraith teenage angst. (Something like, "pimples, teen rebellion, the usual wraith puberty stuff".) And Lizzie tries to contain her smile but it creeps out. I'm the kind of fellow that's a sucker for the little stuff.
          12.) In The Eye/The Storm when Shep is all "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" to Kolya. That certainly would be my reaction.
          13. TRW: when John was talking to Elizabeth while she was unconscious
          14. Before I Sleep: John gives Elizabeth a birthday present.

15. 38 Minutes: The end infirmary scene.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            For both you and Killdeer, what can we do to make you feel less like an intruder and more a part of the gang?

I know we tend to get on tangents here and maybe those with less interest in the present conversation may drift away, but everyone should know we are cool with you changing the topic at any time. Since the show is over and no more canon will be added, we have to look for new ways to discuss the old stuff. And dissenting opinions are also always welcome and encouraged.
            But...it's also understood if it's uncomfortable to talk about it. I know that though I appreciate and do not disparage other ships, I still feel a little defensive of Sparky when I wander into other ship threads. Not in a mean way, just sort of because they're not my ship.

We do have to keep the theme in here Sparky (to avoid modding), but I'm all for discussions on issues that are more 'central'. We only have around 5 or so recaps left to go as far as Sparky episodes, but I've thought about doing some other types of picture-based discussions once those recaps are done--such as character evolution discussions, and general discussion would be great for those.

I love that fic! Thanks for the early morning pick-me-up, SR. I really enjoyed how she characterized Ronon in it, for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              But...it's also understood if it's uncomfortable to talk about it. I know that though I appreciate and do not disparage other ships, I still feel a little defensive of Sparky when I wander into other ship threads. Not in a mean way, just sort of because they're not my ship.

We do have to keep the theme in here Sparky (to avoid modding), but I'm all for discussions on issues that are more 'central'. We only have around 5 or so recaps left to go as far as Sparky episodes, but I've thought about doing some other types of picture-based discussions once those recaps are done--such as character evolution discussions, and general discussion would be great for those.

I love that fic! Thanks for the early morning pick-me-up, SR. I really enjoyed how she characterized Ronon in it, for some reason.
              You wander into other ship threads? Brave.

Any and all discussions sound great to me.
              sigpic

Comment

You wander into other ship threads? Brave.

Any and all discussions sound great to me.
                Rarely.

Most of the stuff that I wander into features Elizabeth as one half of the pairing. John's side tends to get too volatile, though I have gone in on occasion.

Comment

So I was bored yesterday and I came up with this simple little wallpaper. The lyrics are from "When It Don't Come Easy" by Patty Griffin.

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

So I was bored yesterday and I came up with this simple little wallpaper. The lyrics are from "When It Don't Come Easy" by Patty Griffin.

Spoiler:
                    Ooo! I really love the coloring! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Ooo! I really love the coloring! Great job!
                      Thanks. I layered a few textures and changed the hue a bit. Simple because I'm not interested in actually doing a tutorial and taking a chance I might learn something useful. LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

5) The Eye: John shoots Kolya and saves Elizabeth. Then he asks if she's "okay."
                        7)TLG The Kiss of course
                        10. Grace Under Pressure: the chocolate/peanut butter scene with the real sparks in the background.
                        11. Instinct: Shep makes a joke about Wraith teenage angst. (Something like, "pimples, teen rebellion, the usual wraith puberty stuff".) And Lizzie tries to contain her smile but it creeps out. I'm the kind of fellow that's a sucker for the little stuff.
                        12.) In The Eye/The Storm when Shep is all "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" to Kolya. That certainly would be my reaction.

16) The Return: In the restaurant. "Cheeky"

SR:Great job!

Question!lol
                        I was watching the vids from the dragon con and a little vid from a comic con and I want to know if someone has a con report for the comic con in 2005. The first comic con for SGA. Mayne it's 2004. I don't know. Strange question I know but I never saw a vid or read a report about it.Thanks
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks. I layered a few textures and changed the hue a bit. Simple because I'm not interested in actually doing a tutorial and taking a chance I might learn something useful. LOL
                          Most tutorials are overrated. If I want to do something REALLY specific I'll go in search of a tutorial (found a great one recently on how to make a 'glass-like' covering or button) but everything I learned in general came from experimenting or playing with stuff people had done to previously created PSDs.

Have fun experimenting. It's much more entertaining and fun.

Comment

7)TLG: The Kiss of course

17) Siege III: the 'raise the shield' scene where John frantically tries to radio Atlantis a few times before they answer. I love his 'don't SCARE me like that' line and the expression on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by southern red View Post
                              so i was bored yesterday and i came up with this simple little wallpaper. The lyrics are from "when it don't come easy" by patty griffin.

Spoiler:
                              nice!
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Big thanks to everyone who liked the wallie.

7)TLG: The Kiss of course
                                17) Siege III: the 'raise the shield' scene where John frantically tries to radio Atlantis a few times before they answer. I love his 'don't SCARE me like that' line and the expression on

18) Conversion: The "bedside manner" scene.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X