Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Oh, I see. We can't have too much Sparky now can we? But at least we got the carry.
    Exactly. I will count my blessings on that one.

Wonder if Carl wrote "John carries Weir into the infirmary"? Sneaky devil. Or maybe someone suggested it...

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Hey...Don't start with the food. Snails is great but I prefer Frogs' legs. Better....yummy
    And I asked myself the same question "How he earned privileges?" I totally agree with you. It's the fault of Anuna.LOL

I love your talk about football. It's interesting even if I'm a little lost.
    I don't know who talk about this but the colors of my city is orange and black. So I support the black and orange team in your "football".Lol
    Hmm...black and orange? There actually aren't many black and orange teams...Oklahoma State University? Don't root for them, they're the first team my team plays when the season starts.

Princeton? They're Bush Ivy League.[/quote]

Thanks to take my defense, girls. Les escargots, c'est super bon. You have to translate that.lol
    Don't start to talk about food or I'll write 5 pages about this....Fondue, raclette,Tartiflette....Ok sorry but I have to eat something now.lol
    Yes, me too. Probably doesn't help that I am being very good today so French foods and desserts are not helping matters...
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Yes, me too. Probably doesn't help that I am being very good today so French foods and desserts are not helping matters...
      French desserts like Mousse, îles flottantes, nougat,....Ok I stop or Eri13 will kill me. I put some pics for torture myself and you.lol
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Just found this on the John thread. Beautiful vid about John. You have to see this. link
        sigpic

Comment

Hey...Don't start with the food. Snails is great but I prefer Frogs' legs. Better....yummy
          And I asked myself the same question "How he earned privileges?" I totally agree with you. It's the fault of Anuna.LOL

I love your talk about football. It's interesting even if I'm a little lost.
          I don't know who talk about this but the colors of my city is orange and black. So I support the black and orange team in your "football".Lol

Thanks to take my defense, girls. Les escargots, c'est super bon. You have to translate that.lol
          Don't start to talk about food or I'll write 5 pages about this....Fondue, raclette,Tartiflette....Ok sorry but I have to eat something now.lol
          I can translate that into Southern for you. "Hoo wee, them snails is good eatin'"

Just found this on the John thread. Beautiful vid about John. You have to see this. link
          Very good vid but the fact that Elizabeth's death is not included makes me suspicious.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I can translate that into Southern for you. "Hoo wee, them snails is good eatin'"

Very good vid but the fact that Elizabeth's death is not included makes me suspicious.
            Southern seems to be a little complicated. You understand the french...it's good to know, mon amie.

Yes the death of Elizabeth is not included. It's the only problem but the rest is really great.

Where is KrisRussel by the way?
            sigpic

Comment

i was watching family guy the other day and the episode was mother tucker where brian and stewie get their own radio show? well anyway when brian uses the microphone to locate stewie and the guy that offered him the job to do his own show looked exactly like Carl Binder.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Speaking of The Pretty...

I confirm that the French fans are great. (Yes I'm proud lol) I just saw that on Youtube, there is a group of fans who create episodes of Stargate. It's well done. Colin Cunninghan gave a good comment about this.

Other topic. I almost finished "Mirror; Mirror" and it's really a great book. I had some problems at the beginning but now I love it. A movie like this will be interesting.
                SK: You have "Angelus", no? Do you start to read it?
                "Mirror, Mirror" is wonderful for Sparky stuff, isn't it?

"Angelus," despite being set in Season 4, also has a lot of Sparky (well, Sparky angst).
                Spoiler:
                It takes place about three weeks after Carter takes over in "Reunion,' so there are several mentions of Elizabeth's loss and how people (especially John) are dealing with it. There's one really sad part early on where the sound of John's alarm clock gets into his dreams and it sounds like a woman crying out for help. While her name is not mentioned, it's strongly implied that the woman's voice is Elizabeth's.
                So yeah, Angelus, in my opinion, worth it for the Sparky angst. Yum.

Yes there are a lot of Sparky in it. I don't know if we can say that it's Sparky but....a little moment in the book.

Spoiler:
                "Elizabeth? (Ikaros)
                -"That's 'Dr.Weir' to you" John snapped, before she could say it herself.
                -"Why? You call her 'Elizabeth'"
                -"You're not me."
                "Certain, uh, privileges have to be earned" she explained......"
                That part totally cracked me up!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                Probie my homie! *fist pound and explosion* It's cool if you don't understand football; I don't know why the French eat snails Anyways, it sounds like the book you're reading sounds good. And I wonder what "privileges" Shep has and how he "earned" them (Anuna's influence has put my brain the proverbial gutter)
                Awww, you say that as though it was a bad thing!

On re-read, I thought these parts were interesting, too:

Spoiler:

1) When 'original John' is alone with 'crazy Elizabeth' at the beginning, there's a moment where he contemplates throwing himself off the gangplank he's running on but he can't do it, because if he did 'he'd be killing Elizabeth, too' and he couldn't stand that.

2) in that same scene, he also remarks on how he hates the moments where 'crazy Elizabeth' becomes lucid, because it reminds him of the friend he's lost, and when she goes back to becoming 'crazy' it tears his heart out.

3) Still love the fact that when he first sees 'original' Elizabeth, there are flowers blowing around everywhere.

4) He literally throws his arms around her about 6 or 7 times in the book--wish we'd seen more of THAT in the show (still hate we didn't actually see him 'catch her' in Echoes. Wonder why he didn't?)

5) I also noticed a funny line--when Elizabeth is recovering after the ride down the river she notices she's in dry clothes--and in the story she remarks something like 'best not to think about how she got into those', as she's alone with two men--Brother Star and John, who was the one who led Brother Star to her. Wonder if he stayed awake for that before falling asleep?
                Given
                Spoiler:
                how territorial he is of her and his "privileges" earlier, I'd say John made Brother Star wait outside while John got her into the dry clothes.

Hmmm...you ARE hanging around here too much.

This particular book has John giving CPR to Elizabeth at one point, so use your imagination.

I love snails. They're yummy.
                Aaaahhhh, the CPR scene of doom. Love it.

I love snails too. With lots of garlic and butter. Yummy.

And on the John picking Elizabeth up thing in Echoes, I would imagine it was just a practical decision. There's no way Joe could have lifted her dead weight. So I'm sure getting her into his arms took a bit of help from Torri so they couldn't show him picking her up. After all, she said herself she's a healthy Welsh girl. Thin but tall. LOL However, I would love to have seen the outtakes from that scene.
                *cracks up at the "healthy Welsh girl" line*

Suspicious, indeed.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Southern seems to be a little complicated. You understand the french...it's good to know, mon amie.

Yes the death of Elizabeth is not included. It's the only problem but the rest is really great.

Where is KrisRussel by the way?
                  I don't understand French at all but some things are universal. LOL

And I'm just at the dry clothes part in Mirror Mirror.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't think there is any way John would have let Brother Star undress her. I'm thinking John took care of her first before himself and Star had to turn his back or go outside. I'm also loving all the Spanky.
                  sigpic

Comment

SK: You made me want to buy Angelus now. But first, I will read "Exogenesis". I have to wait 10 days before to have it. Why America is so far from the France?lol

SR: I'm also to this part.
                    Just imagine a movie about this book. All the touch between them. The CPR scene....Why the books writers are better than some SGA writers?lol
                    sigpic

Comment

SK: You made me want to buy Angelus now. But first, I will read "Exogenesis". I have to wait 10 days before to have it. Why America is so far from the France?lol

Just imagine a movie about this book. All the touch between them. The CPR scene....Why the books writers are better than some SGA writers?lol
                      I don't know. But I really like this author. And poor Rodney.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't know. But I really like this author. And poor Rodney.
                        Yes poor Rodney. I love some of the ines of Rodney in this book.

Question: The convention with Torri will be in november and with who? I don't remember.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't understand French at all but some things are universal. LOL

And I'm just at the dry clothes part in Mirror Mirror.
                          Spoiler:
                          I don't think there is any way John would have let Brother Star undress her. I'm thinking John took care of her first before himself and Star had to turn his back or go outside. I'm also loving all the Spanky.

Oh...I almost forgot...how about the part where...

Spoiler:

John offers up a jacuzzi and the a suite at the Hilton, and Elizabeth responds a few lines later...if you're going for a jacuzzi, make sure to bring back a bottle of champagne?

The first time I read it I think I was so wrapped up in the CPR scene that totally blew by me. When I read it again I was like WOW!

Comment

Spoiler:

John offers up a jacuzzi and the a suite at the Hilton, and Elizabeth responds a few lines later...if you're going for a jacuzzi, make sure to bring back a bottle of champagne?

The first time I read it I think I was so wrapped up in the CPR scene that totally blew by me. When I read it again I was like WOW!

Yes yes yes. I read that earlier. Loved it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, sparkies, I'm out! I'm not sure what my schedule holds but I wanted to say have a good weekend if I don't chat with y'all this weekend.

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh yes. This scene is clearly Sparky.

Well, sparkies, I'm out! I'm not sure what my schedule holds but I wanted to say have a good weekend if I don't chat with y'all this weekend.
                                Have a nice weekend.
                                Now I will finished Mirror Mirror.
                                Bye everybody
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X