No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Sparkies, missed you Well actually I was really lurking through here everyday and reading up on everything. Amazing reports, pictures, fanfictions, just spectacular

Welcome newbies, I was a newbie myself just last January, my main goal is to have at least 1000's of post by or if I'm lucky before New Years.

Sorry about not being here and joining in the conversations with you guys, this summer really sucks big time for me and for the first time in my life, I am hoping that school will start up soon for me, but unfortunately school doesn't start up for another month in a half Normally I hate school, okay not the school itself but rather the homework and projects.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Made something else... based on an icon I made for the new icontest on LJ...
      It's not that great and I really need to work on my photoshop skills, but enjoy:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/krisrussel/Stargate/th_lost.jpg
      Ooo, very nice!

Was going through photos and when I bumped into these, I couldn't help myself...
      The very first Sparky eye!sex scene.
      But I'm gonna keep kicking Photobucket. I really don't get it... the thumbnail looks fine, just like the pic on my computer, but when you click on it to go to the large version, it's so dark! Does anyone else have this problem?
      Anyway, I'm planning to go through every episode and every sparky eye!sex moment and make a blend like this (if it's possible) and I'll find a solution to the darkness problem...
      So, are you guys interested in seeing that?

Let's start with the very first eye!sex scene (I tried to change the photo location so it's not so dark)
      Love it. I love how happy she looks in that scene.
      And wow, every episode? You're going to have quite a task ahead of you. But I'd definitely be interested in seeing it.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      Erin 87 do u mind doing a picture of Sam and Jack and their Boy aaron? i know this isnt related to sparky but i was reading easter and i was wondering since u made all the rest of them might as make the unseened Aaron O'Neill. thanks.
      *laughs* Sure!
      Aaron's in the group pic of all the kids on my album (the only guy who's blonde), but I'd be happy to do a family portrait. Does it matter what age he is?
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
        Hello Sparkies, missed you Well actually I was really lurking through here everyday and reading up on everything. Amazing reports, pictures, fanfictions, just spectacular

Welcome newbies, I was a newbie myself just last January, my main goal is to have at least 1000's of post by or if I'm lucky before New Years.

Sorry about not being here and joining in the conversations with you guys, this summer really sucks big time for me and for the first time in my life, I am hoping that school will start up soon for me, but unfortunately school doesn't start up for another month in a half Normally I hate school, okay not the school itself but rather the homework and projects.
        *huggles* Real life can suck sometimes.

I actually enjoyed school for the most part. Hated the exams, though.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        And wow, every episode? You're going to have quite a task ahead of you. But I'd definitely be interested in seeing it.
        As am I! That's gonna be one amazing pic spam Kris is coming up with!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          And it's over champagne, too. They're already celebrating!
          The very first eye!sex moment needs to be celebrated

I looked back at some of the previous pics you've posted, and I'm not seeing the darkness problem. Hmm, I'm honestly not sure what could be causing the problem...
          To show you the difference. This is the same pic uploaded on Photobucket and on Picasa
          On my computer the Photobucket one is much, much darker.

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post

Good luck with wanting to get that post-count. You're almost there!
          Just join in 1 post-a-thon and then you'll make it in no time.
          Sorry to hear your summer sucks
          Vacation is supposed to be fun...
          *huggles M-CharmedAlantian*
          Hope it does get better.

Ooo, very nice!

As am I! That's gonna be one amazing pic spam Kris is coming up with!
          Thanks guys
          And yes, it's going to be quite a task... but I need something to keep me busy over summer, right?

Sig by me

Comment

I'm back,back, back from 3 weeks in Vietnam! tell me all i have missed! Any major Sparky news, stories pics? Any news on the movie! Oh I am so happy to be back! *blows kisses and hugs everyone*

Oh just read the title of the movie, oooh sounds creepy. BTW, total mental blank here, have we had the final ep yet? If so, someone please remind me!!!!
            Last edited by nogigglingmajor; 21 July 2009, 11:30 PM.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Ooo, very nice!

*laughs* Sure!
              Aaron's in the group pic of all the kids on my album (the only guy who's blonde), but I'd be happy to do a family portrait. Does it matter what age he is?

not but if u dont mind i would like to see a Young Aaron and Teenager Aaron just to see who he looks like as teenager his father or mother.

Comment

KR: I love what you did and I can't wait to see all eyes/sex moment.

Guys, I'm so sad today. One of my coworkers had a heart attack yesterday at work. He's in coma and there is not much hope.
                I'm sorri to bother you with that but I need good vibes.
                Last edited by Probie; 22 July 2009, 02:56 AM.
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Guys, I'm so sad today. One of my coworkers had a heart attack yesterday at work. He's in coma and there is not much hope.
                  Sorry about your coworker. I'll say a little prayer for him, or her. I have to go lift, but after that maybe I can come up with something to make you feel better.
                  "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Was going through photos and when I bumped into these, I couldn't help myself...
                    The very first Sparky eye!sex scene.
                    But I'm gonna keep kicking Photobucket. I really don't get it... the thumbnail looks fine, just like the pic on my computer, but when you click on it to go to the large version, it's so dark! Does anyone else have this problem?
                    Anyway, I'm planning to go through every episode and every sparky eye!sex moment and make a blend like this (if it's possible) and I'll find a solution to the darkness problem...
                    So, are you guys interested in seeing that?

Let's start with the very first eye!sex scene (I tried to change the photo location so it's not so dark)
                    I'm not seeing the difference at all...it may just be your version of Photobucket's settings...on my computer, there's no discernible difference.

Are you using the extract tool or a vector mask to get that perfect blend? I'm really curious. I can tell where you cut around John in Intruder and Elizabeth in Rising by the sleeves...but the others are almost undetectable--especially since you've preserved the wispy hair. REALLY well done!

I always like learning about how other people use the Adobe programs, since I do this in real life and learning new techniques always helps.

I'm so sorry! We recently had a coworker whose deck collapsed while he was celebrating his birthday. 15 people were injured, though nobody was killed, thank goodness. But what a scary, scary thing. I'll pray for you and your coworker, as well as his family.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Thank you

I'm sorry to bother you with that but I need good vibes.
                      Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that.
                      I hope he'll be ok.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      I'm not seeing the difference at all...it may just be your version of Photobucket's settings...on my computer, there's no discernible difference.

Are you using the extract tool or a vector mask to get that perfect blend? I'm really curious. I can tell where you cut around John in Intruder and Elizabeth in Rising by the sleeves...but the others are almost undetectable--especially since you've preserved the wispy hair. REALLY well done!

I always like learning about how other people use the Adobe programs, since I do this in real life and learning new techniques always helps.
                      You really can't see the difference?? how weird...
                      I went over all my Photobucket settings and nothing looks out of the ordinary. The strange thing is though that he only has it with PS CS4 RGB files.
                      When I link the files directly to other sites like GW or JL, they also still look dark... it's so very strange...

And lol, whatever you just spoke about using in PS, doesn't ring a bell whatsoever
                      I just put the two images over each other on different layers and use the eraser with a huge brush size and 0% hardness... it's frustrating at times, but apparently it does the trick
                      I'm going into my second PS level in school in September, so hopefully I'll learn what you were talking about
                      Although Vector Mask does ring a slight bell, but I don't have a clue how to use it or what to do with it.
                      Told you my PS skills really need some work
                      Last edited by KrisRussel; 22 July 2009, 09:27 AM.

Sig by me

Comment

Thank you

I hope he'll be ok.

You really can't see the difference... how weird...
                        I went over all my Photobucket settings and nothing looks out of the ordinary. The strange thing is though that he only has it with PS CS4 RGB files.

When I link the files directly to other sites like GW or JL, they also still look dark... it's so very strange...

And lol, whatever you just spoke about using in PS, doesn't ring a bell whatsoever
                        I just put the two images over each other on different layers and use the eraser with a huge brush size and 0% hardness... it's frustrating at times, but apparently it does the trick
                        I'm going into my second PS level in school in September, so hopefully I'll learn what you were talking about
                        Although Vector Mask does ring a slight bell, but I don't have a clue how to use it or what to do with it.
                        Told you my PS skills really need some work
                        Fancee PS speak...

Spoiler:

Extract is a filter tool that is a fancy fancy version of the Eraser tool--it has clean-up tools that let you 'put back' parts of the picture that you erased, all the way down to minute edges. However, in PS CS4, they've eliminated the Extract Filter--you have to download it to get it, which stinks. They want to "train" you to learn Vector Masks which they like better. I dislike Vector Masks because when transitioning between Adobe programs they can get in the way. Extract just cleans up the image and all you've got is transparent background.

Vector Masks are created using the Pen Tool (that little old-fashioned pen nib looking icon in your Tools toolbar). You click around what you want to mask *clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick*. When you've clicked around the entire part of the image you DON'T want masked (for example, you'd click around John so that only John was left, all the background would be masked) a static selection circle will appear and you can click and select the option 'create vector mask' which will erase everything out of your image except what you selected around. It's nice in that it gets into minute details if you really zoom it and you can see what just one portion of a picture looks like, but it's an added step (or a few added steps) if you want to get rid of the background entirely. I am not a fan, especially since you do really have to zoom in to use the pen tool effectively, as it's not a fan of wispy hair or curves.

Extract lets me get rid of stuff in a snap, Vector requires me to remember to rasterize and flatten or blend or whatever, which is a pain.

I can't really help you with the darkness problem, since it doesn't show up like that for me. All I can think is whether you have perhaps a high-tech monitor? Or are you running Vista? I know that Vista is 64-bit; perhaps Photobucket output settings don't mesh well? Is it all pictures in PB or just ones you work on through PS?

Back to working on Testament during lunch...
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                          Sorry about your coworker. I'll say a little prayer for him, or her. I have to go lift, but after that maybe I can come up with something to make you feel better.
                          Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          I'm so sorry! We recently had a coworker whose deck collapsed while he was celebrating his birthday. 15 people were injured, though nobody was killed, thank goodness. But what a scary, scary thing. I'll pray for you and your coworker, as well as his family.
                          I hope he'll be ok.

Thanks everyone. I don't know him very well. I talked with him sometimes. I feel sad for his family because he has two little children. My coworkers are so sad too. We had some news this afternoon and it's not good. I'm afraid that tomorrow will start with a bad news.
                          Thanks again.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Second blend from Rising... their first disagreement about John bringing the Athosians along. It doesn't last long, but their looks are so intense...
                            This was a difficult one, because in her pic, John is largely in the pic and in John's pic, Elizabeth is largely in the pic... So the "fake" is quite clear.
                            I just really wanted to use this, cause, like I already said, their looks are so intense.

Sig by me

Comment

Oh Probie, I am so sorry. I really hope that he'll be alright. My aunt had a heart attack too earlier on this year, though she's fine. I'm hoping that he'll be better soon after he's out of the coma.

Comment

Second blend from Rising... their first disagreement about John bringing the Athosians along. It doesn't last long, but their looks are so intense...
                                This was a difficult one, because in her pic, John is largely in the pic and in John's pic, Elizabeth is largely in the pic... So the "fake" is quite clear.
                                I just really wanted to use this, cause, like I already said, their looks are so intense.

Well done, I like it John and Elizabeth's arguing scene reminds me of how me and my sister always argue like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X