No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!! TV is on, but I'm not really watching it... A special of 'Rascall Flats' is on and I'm really barely paying attention until I heard these lyrics and I just stared at the TV... If this song doesn't fit Sparky perfectly, I don't know what song does...
    Just hope no one suggested this for our Sparky songlist already... but this song truly overwhelmed me...

Rascall Flats: What hurts the most
    Youtube
    Lyrics:
    Spoiler:
    I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
    That don't bother me
    I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
    I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while
    Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
    There are days every now and again I pretend I'm ok
    But that's not what gets me

What hurts the most
    Was being so close
    And having so much to say
    And watching you walk away
    And never knowing
    What could have been
    And not seeing that loving you
    Is what I was tryin' to do

It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
    But I'm doin' It
    It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone
    Still Harder
    Getting up, getting dressed, livin' with this regret
    But I know if I could do it over
    I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
    That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
    Is being so close
    And never knowing
    What could have been
    Is what I was trying to do

Not seeing that loving you
    That's what I was trying to do

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      WOW!!! TV is on, but I'm not really watching it... A special of 'Rascall Flats' is on and I'm really barely paying attention until I heard these lyrics and I just stared at the TV... If this song doesn't fit Sparky perfectly, I don't know what song does...
      Just hope no one suggested this for our Sparky songlist already... but this song truly overwhelmed me...

Youtube
      Lyrics:
      Spoiler:
      That don't bother me

What hurts the most
      Was being so close
      And never knowing
      What could have been

But I'm doin' It
      Still Harder
      That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
      Is being so close
      And never knowing
      What could have been

I love that song and I love Rascal Flatts

There's two Sparky vids to it- Here and Here, the first song is rascal flatts and the second is some woman singing it

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
        I love that song and I love Rascal Flatts

There's two Sparky vids to it- Here and Here, the first song is rascal flatts and the second is some woman singing it
        Thanks for those
        I like the Rascall Flats version better to be honest...
        I never payed much attention to them before... but I think I'm gonna check out a couple of their cd's now

Sig by me

Comment

Thanks for those
          I like the Rascall Flats version better to be honest...
          I never payed much attention to them before... but I think I'm gonna check out a couple of their cd's now
          You're welcome and I like Rascal Flatts version better too.

Definitally check out there songs, there great Even my Dad who hates country with a passion, says that there music is good, and they have a lot of love lost songs which so fit sparky.

Comment

Youtube
            Lyrics:
            Spoiler:
            That don't bother me

What hurts the most
            Was being so close
            And never knowing
            What could have been

But I'm doin' It
            Still Harder
            That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
            Is being so close
            And never knowing
            What could have been

Yeah, I suggested it for the list already. Because that is such a perfect song that perfectly displays all the wonderful Sparky angst, and the regret at not taking advantage of what they had while there was still an opportunity.
            sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              Southern Red: Thanks for your notes about the comments. I would like to know what they say on "The Queen". It's the only episode I like in this season.

I just watched "First Strike" (Yes I can't wait the post-a-thon sorry) and I have a confession to make. Sorry for that but I think I'm a little McKay/Weir (friend) shipper.lol I found Rodney very sweet with Elizabeth. Not in a romantic way of course.
              "McKAY (laughing): Yeah, I don't think that's your call.(He looks at Elizabeth as John and Ellis exchange a glance.)"
              "McKAY (smiling): Aye, aye, Captain."

There are good Sparky scenes in it. The last day that John is with Elizabeth, he disappointed her and they are a tension between them. It would be not easy for John to think about it after that Elizabeth was injured and gone.
              I have a question. I thought about it when I saw the scene between Teyla and Elizabeth. If Elizabeth was still the leader after the attack of the Replicators, do you think she will "step down" like she said? I don't know if I'm clear. Do you think she would leave Atlantis behind her and go back to Earth because she was tired to be against the military? My sentence is not english sorry.lol
              And last question: Does anyone knows a story (based on "first strike") where Elizabeth resigns and John does everything to keep her because he feels guilty?

Ok time to go to bed because I can't think in French, write in English....Bye
              Will do. When I get to The Queen, I'll pay close attention just for you.

You're welcome and I like Rascal Flatts version better too.

Definitally check out there songs, there great Even my Dad who hates country with a passion, says that there music is good, and they have a lot of love lost songs which so fit sparky.
              Love Rascal Flatts. They are less "country" than a lot of artists.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Will do. When I get to The Queen, I'll pay close attention just for you.

Love Rascal Flatts. They are less "country" than a lot of artists.
                Yes they are I love their voices and they make some great love songs.

*gulp* okay guys I took your advice and bought S4...watching Adrift right now...I'm pretty sure I'm going to start crying later So be prepared!

Comment

Yes they are I love their voices and they make some great love songs.

*gulp* okay guys I took your advice and bought S4...watching Adrift right now...I'm pretty sure I'm going to start crying later So be prepared!
                  *passes out tissues* You probably will cry more in Lifeline.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*passes out tissues* You probably will cry more in Lifeline.
                    *gratefully accepts tissues* I've seen it before but...it's still sad and I've only seen it once *sniff*

*more sniffles* This gets me every time

And you know Kelller say's "I'm sorry" to him during that scene, why would she say that unless Elizabeth meant a lot to him

Edit- and then the whole "She'll be a replicator for the rest of her life" and Keller says "Yeah Sheppard wouldn't go for that"...I love how they only say he won't go for it, no one else is mentioned.
                    Last edited by Regularamanda; 02 July 2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Okay, I think I sent the "Africa" link to everyone who wanted it, but let me know if I missed someone.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Scripts are written to be timed out perfectly--there's strict standards for font size, page margins, etc to make each page roughly 1 minute of air time. So a script that's 9 1/2 minutes too long is one that has around 10 extra pages roughly.

If it was 9 1/2 minutes long, it is possible the writing was still being edited. I'd like to hope not, though, because I can imagine Robert Davi saying the line and Joe F. reacting to it.
                      Thanks for the info Eri. I have no idea how this all works so I find it quite interesting.

I suffer so you don't have to. Commentary for Inquisition. I'm doing any first that might mention Elizabeth

Spoiler:
                      Sadly, no mention of her in this one. Commentary by Brenton Spencer, director and Tobias Slezak actor who played the envoy. I guess they're having trouble getting people to do these. LOL

Lots of compliments of JF. They said he brings "wit and charm" to the part of Sheppard and praised his acting on several occasions. The last scene was an homage to Boston Legal. The cigars were Cubans, legal in Canada but the "scotch" was Lipton's tea. LOL Otherwise lots of talk about lighting and the other actors.
                      *bows to the awesomeness that is Southern Red*

Wouldn't it be cool if some day the actors did their own commentaries and put them out there in the MP3 format to play along with the dvd? That is such a pipe dream, but I would pay for it! LOL

Oh, waw, you're so right... I never really thought about that fact, but yeah, John treated Elizabeth unfair in their last moments together before she got blasted away. Knowing John it must be eating him alive...
                      *Sees plotbunny hopping by* Crap! *kicks plotbunny*
                      Awww, poor bunny. *hugs it*

*STOMPS ON IT*

*bunny staggers away*

Nope, you just can't kill a Sparky plotbunny. Kind of like Sparky.
                      sigpic
                      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                        Okay, I think I sent the "Africa" link to everyone who wanted it, but let me know if I missed someone.

Thanks for the info Eri. I have no idea how this all works so I find it quite interesting.

*bows to the awesomeness that is Southern Red*

Wouldn't it be cool if some day the actors did their own commentaries and put them out there in the MP3 format to play along with the dvd? That is such a pipe dream, but I would pay for it! LOL

Awww, poor bunny. *hugs it*

*STOMPS ON IT*

*bunny staggers away*

Nope, you just can't kill a Sparky plotbunny. Kind of like Sparky.
                        Aww why are we harming the ploy bunnies? The poor little thing, so along and unloved, all it's looking for is a nice warm place to live... *picks plot bunny up and hugs the poor thing* Now if only I actually wrote Sparky (I wrote that one ) I'd give it a nice home to live in Sadly someone else should probably take it in and raise it...I ask you how do you resist this?

It's my bunny nephew

Comment

*huggles* We're here for you!

*gratefully accepts tissues* I've seen it before but...it's still sad and I've only seen it once *sniff*

*more sniffles* This gets me every time
                          http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...ir/hispain.jpg

And you know Kelller say's "I'm sorry" to him during that scene, why would she say that unless Elizabeth meant a lot to him

Edit- and then the whole "She'll be a replicator for the rest of her life" and Keller says "Yeah Sheppard wouldn't go for that"...I love how they only say he won't go for it, no one else is mentioned.
                          I know!! They really tread him like he's Liz's husband, don't they?
                          Of course they all know how John and Liz feel about each other and what they mean to each other, so yeah, of course they talk like they are married.
                          And of course he also acts like the very worried husband...

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          Colin Ferguson did that for Eureka and it's hilarious!! He's just sitting at home with a digital recorder, watching the eps, saying what he thinks about it... These commentaries were so loved by the fans that after saying they would only be downloadable online, they actually appeared on the DVD's... They're my fav part to be honest
                          More shows should do something like that... It's so great

Sig by me

Comment

u know what i dont understand is what happened between torri higginson and the writers that she didnt want to come back?

Comment

*huggles* We're here for you!

I know!! They really tread him like he's Liz's husband, don't they?
                              Of course they all know how John and Liz feel about each other and what they mean to each other, so yeah, of course they talk like they are married.
                              And of course he also acts like the very worried husband...

Colin Ferguson did that for Eureka and it's hilarious!! He's just sitting at home with a digital recorder, watching the eps, saying what he thinks about it... These commentaries were so loved by the fans that after saying they would only be downloadable online, they actually appeared on the DVD's... They're my fav part to be honest
                              More shows should do something like that... It's so great
                              Yay! Thanks! I watched Both Adrift and Lifeline....and I cried It's just so sad!! And even Carter says that she's sorry and that Landry sends his condolences...why send it to him? The whole city lost it's leader....but then he lost the woman he loves, and you know I love that Ronon has to force him to leave and then when Mckay asks where Elizabeth is and Ronon doesn't say a word, just shakes his head...it's all so sad...*sniff* How can you watch those episodes and say that there's nothing between them?!

And you're right they really do treat him like the husband, instead of just someone who's her friend. And yup he loves her, you'd act like how Ronon or Mckay acted if she was just your friend...but John's emotion was waaay too intense to be anything other than a man losing the woman he loves. *heartfelt sigh*
                              Last edited by Regularamanda; 03 July 2009, 06:10 AM.

Comment

amanda its Landry not Landary. and i think we need to just accept the fact that they probably got married prior to first strike.
                                Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 03 July 2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X