Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Wow..
    I'm doing my report on "Conversion" with the help of my mommy. I only comment 6min of the episode and I have already 3 pages on it. It's maybe too much. lol I will post several times today. I have a sort of "interview" (yes I'm a journalist lol) of my mom on the kiss. I don't know if I post it or if I make a summary.
    Wise like Yoda your mom is Probie.

Working on Teenage Wasteland. Cut a chapter. By the title "Meatloaf and Mrs Sheppard" you can tell it's just unnecessary filler. Chess and Back Ups I thought was needed to advance some spark even if it didn't get over well. Anyways... I expanded the last chapter and then split in two. So y'all will still get 11 chapters.
    Last edited by pkprd869; 01 July 2009, 07:10 AM. Reason: Time
    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Me too that just make it better. And remember he was turning into a bug. His pheromones may have been attracted by her Wraith DNA. Just a thought.
      Oh very true I love that theory!

You know I'm really surprised about something, on the artwork threads that I'm on, there's a lot of people that make Sheyla artwork...and I see almost nobody making any Sparky artwork To me that's really quiet depressing.

That being said all in all, I didn't like how our ship ended but at the end of 'GitM' (which I still haven't watched ) I guess all things considering, it didn't end so horribly bad

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I ask her some questions to know her opinion on others things. I swear that I don’t influence her. She was next to me so I translate all she says.

1/ Do you think that John is in love with Teyla?
        Her answer: In love? No. Attract by her? Yes. Look her clothes. If I was a man, I would jump on her the first day.lol She’s hot. This doesn’t mean that he’s in love. You can be attract by someone and not be in love. I don’t know if I am clear. For example, I think that Lorne is sexy but I’m not in love.lol

2/ Why Teyla did nothing? She can kick his ass.
        The kiss lasted 3 seconds. She doesn’t have time to react. She seems shocked by his behavior. But hey, he’s a sexy man. Why she would stop? lol

3/ Rachel said that it’s because Teyla wants this unconsciously.
        If she wants the kiss, why she looks so scared? I mean if Teyla was in love, she will take his face and keep kissing him. She will touch him…and I will stop my description because I’m talking with my daughter. lol Or she smiles when he leaves the room but she didn't do this.

4/ Do you think it’s a romantic kiss (let me laugh)?
        It’s an aggression and not a kiss. He forced himself on her.
        You can’t think that this kiss is romantic. She’s uncomfortable and he’s proud to force himself on someone.
        It is hard to build a romantic relationship on this kiss.

5/ Why Sheppard did this?
        He wants to do this since the beginning. She’s attractive. It’s a man…He wants to make the experience once. I can understand. But it means nothing again.

6/ this episode: Sheyla or Sparky?
        Subjectively: Sparky. Maybe I’m influence by the fact that I love these two characters.
        Objectively: Sparky. The scenes between John and Elizabeth are stronger than the kiss. Oh I know what I want to say. He's attracted by Teyla physically but his heart and his reason lead him to Elizabeth. It’s beautiful what I said. (Yes I want to cry now.lol). You have to show this episode to your dad because he didn’t care about SGA and you will have an objectively answer.

Ok now get out, mom. I have to finish my report.lol
        I've said this a million times by now, but Probie I LOVE YOUR MOM. XD

Wish my Mom would watch with me. But she and I watch Lost together and drool over Sawyer, so I guess that's good enough.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

You know I'm really surprised about something, on the artwork threads that I'm on, there's a lot of people that make Sheyla artwork...and I see almost nobody making any Sparky artwork To me that's really quiet depressing.

That being said all in all, I didn't like how our ship ended but at the end of 'GitM' (which I still haven't watched ) I guess all things considering, it didn't end so horribly bad
        I know many more people who were Sparky left GW after S3 than J/Ters, just because Torri was no longer going to be on, so the numbers don't surprise me. Same with the people who chat on the threads and such--after all, even with Kanaan, at least Teyla and Sheppard were both still on through the end of the series.

I think on the collective 'Sparky' sites, you still find people who are Sparky crafty.

Canon-wise, I think we had a great ending to our ship. Not only did the connection between John and Elizabeth shine in GITM for Sparky fans, we ended up getting some non-shippers to admit they both missed Elizabeth AND saw the J/E connection in both TMC and GITM. That was gratifying, at least, if we couldn't have Elizabeth back.

While that will never forgive getting rid of her in the first place for me, if I have to accept the show canon, I still think we got a pretty good deal overall. I'm hoping the movie won't change it (like trying to hook John up just because they want John to hook-up).

And in fanon, of course, the sky's the limit.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

A little pressie for you all, to make up for my long absence, these Doctor Who conventions, and theatre trips are keeping me busy. But I am still popping in from time to time, when I can. Just no time, to catch up.

Feel free, to add ideas, I've hit a road block at present. This will be staying on the drawing board till completed, in other words, I won't be posted it on FF till that time.
          Enjoy...

Spoiler:
          A Cold Week In Hell

John could feel the temperature inside the city get inexplicitly colder. Up until now Atlantis’ heating systems had always adjusted accordingly to the changing temperature outside. Only on this occasion, that hasn’t happened. For some reason, they weren’t working at all.

With winter on the horizon, the last reading outside was –8 and falling steadily. No one knew how much colder it was going to get or if Atlantis’ computer systems could withstand these freezing conditions outside after spending so many years under the ocean.

He could already see his breathe in the air as he breathed outwards every other second and his hands felt like ice-cubes freshly out of the freezer.

Walking through the gate-room door, John saw Elizabeth waiting patiently for him by the gate. Her arms folded tightly across her chest in a vain attempt to keep warm. He noted the black survival belt against her jacket and a standard issued backpack over her shoulder.

Elizabeth turned around at the sound of his approach. “At last. I was beginning to think you were going to stand me up,” she teased.

“Now, why would I do that?” John said, with a playful smile, “It’s our turn for a trip to the Alpha site to rejuvenate from this cold weather. I wouldn’t pass up this opportunity, not even for a turkey sandwich.”

Shrugging her shoulders. Elizabeth looked up and nodded to the gate technician in the control room, at the same time turned a gleaming eye in his direction. “More for me then.”

He shot her a dumbfounded look, just as the gate began making strange noises, which caught their attention. They could see the gate was turning, but the chevrons weren’t locking into place.

Elizabeth tapped her earpiece, so she could communicate to the technician easier. “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know ma’am. The gate isn’t responding well, to the dialling system.”

Exchanging worried looks, both Elizabeth and John shot up the staircase at a run, towards the control room.

“Let me try.” Elizabeth asked, as she pulled her backpack of her shoulder, dumping it away from the controls.

The technician, moved aside to allow her access to them. John watched with concern as Elizabeth pressed the gate address to the Alpha site more then once.

“Could the gate controls freeze over?” Asked John.

Elizabeth looked at him, hand once again reaching for her radio. “I hope not, if they have, then we’re in troubled,”

--

Rodney nearly jumped out of his skin when his radio sprung to life; he was in the mess hall, naughtily helping himself to a much-needed cup of coffee, despite the clampdown on it due to limited supplies.

He cursed silently when he discovered it was Elizabeth’s voice on the line, urgently calling his name. He had literally just started pouring a cup, when he nearly spilt it.

“This had better be good.” Answered a scolded Rodney.

--

“Ouch!” Rodney shouted, as he touched the crystals, underneath the gate panel. “The damn thing is ice-cold.”

He sat up sucked his index finger to warm it up, and looked at his two leaders.

John’s theory was right. “Can you fix it?” Elizabeth questioned.

“There’s nothing to fix,” Rodney began. “It’s just too cold to function properly.”

John sighed. “Great. No gate. What about the shield?”

Rodney stood up and pressed the activation panel for the shield, an unusual whine from the gate, indicated a failed response. “No shield. Terrific.”

A horrible thought struck Elizabeth. “Can people still dial in?”

“Yes. The gate itself is working fine, it’s just not talking to the computer popularly. Rodney slapped his forehead, “The Wraith could still dial in.”

“Let’s hope they don’t pick this opportunity to do so.” Elizabeth turned to face John. “I want a twenty-four hour guard on the gate, till this is sorted out. Looks like our trip to the Alpha site is postponed.”

Turning on her heals, John watched Elizabeth retrieve her backpack before walking back to her office, disappointment showing on her face.

He was a little annoyed himself; looked like his turkey sandwich just went out the window.

“See if you can get the heating system working McKay,” Began John. We need that shield.”

“Easier said then done,” answered Rodney.
          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Wish my Mom would watch with me. But she and I watch Lost together and drool over Sawyer, so I guess that's good enough.

I know many more people who were Sparky left GW after S3 than J/Ters, just because Torri was no longer going to be on, so the numbers don't surprise me. Same with the people who chat on the threads and such--after all, even with Kanaan, at least Teyla and Sheppard were both still on through the end of the series.

I think on the collective 'Sparky' sites, you still find people who are Sparky crafty.

Canon-wise, I think we had a great ending to our ship. Not only did the connection between John and Elizabeth shine in GITM for Sparky fans, we ended up getting some non-shippers to admit they both missed Elizabeth AND saw the J/E connection in both TMC and GITM. That was gratifying, at least, if we couldn't have Elizabeth back.

While that will never forgive getting rid of her in the first place for me, if I have to accept the show canon, I still think we got a pretty good deal overall. I'm hoping the movie won't change it (like trying to hook John up just because they want John to hook-up).

And in fanon, of course, the sky's the limit.
            heh! I was thinking the same thing...Probie thanks for sharing your Mom with us!!

I wish my parents would watch scifi with me as well...I did get them into Bones though so that's awesome!

Same here, that's still an open wound for me. But I agree Canon wise it could have been much worse.

You know I remember lurking on this thread when details were coming out on 'The Long Goodbye' And there were pictures of the kiss....good times!!

Comment

Agree. I think most of us feel pretty good about how our ship ended. And even if we don't we are not bitter and angry. And certainly don't feel the need to bash others.

My S5 DVD's just came so I'm off. I already watched the "Conversation with the Colonel" special. Joe is so adorable talking about his wife and kids and how he wishes they could have been with him. And rooming with Jason. He calls him a kid. LOL. Just lovely.

Next, Vegas!Baby!
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I can't do artwork. I tried once but I almost killed my computer because I didn't understand how to do a artwork.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                I do all the job and you love her and not me? pff.lol

heh! I was thinking the same thing...Probie thanks for sharing your Mom with us!!

I wish my parents would watch scifi with me as well...I did get them into Bones though so that's awesome!
                Easy...It's my mom.lol
                She watched sometimes NCIS, Without a Trace and House with me.

My S5 DVD's just came so I'm off. I already watched the "Conversation with the Colonel" special. Joe is so adorable talking about his wife and kids and how he wishes they could have been with him. And rooming with Jason. He calls him a kid. LOL. Just lovely.

Next, Vegas!Baby!
                Can you please watch the commentary for the dinner scene in Search and Rescue and tell me/us how they explain that?

Go back to "Conversion"....
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I can't do artwork. I tried once but I almost killed my computer because I didn't understand how to do a artwork.

Easy...It's my mom.lol

Can you please watch the commentary for the dinner scene in Search and Rescue and tell me/us how they explain that?

Mine isn't that good either, but I try and that's what matters

Make sure to tell you're Mom that we love her and she has fans!
                  My Mom also occasionally watches House with me as well

Comment

*bangs head on the wall* Every time we discuss this ep I say it and someone gets upset. That kiss was aggression - not because he wanted to do that since day one (even though she's hot - Brad Pitt is hot and I would never kiss him) - he simply wanted to force himself on her because his natural aggression was coupled by dozen. Aggression and sex are two sides of the same coin - taht's something you actually learn in psychology classes. Using sexual means to force himself on a smaller woman proved to be quite effective because she wasn't expecting it and it had worked (heck, rape is, sadly, the most effective means of keeping women in the position they are in, and it's happening since the world begun. Rape and aggressive sexuality is an effective means of threat. I think "Conversion" shows that pretty well. JF can be very scary.) John got the reaction he was aiming for, she was damn scared. If someone didn't see that, then go back and watch the scene. She didn't keep on kissing.

Elizabeth, however, kept going to check on him, even though he was dangerous (and he warned her about it) and she was perfectly aware of it. Nobody else did that. I think Elizabeth's concern for himw as greater than her concern for her own safety, she could have used the radio, or even city wide to talk to him. She could have brought five guards with her, but she didn't. She went to him alone. It was also quite reckless, and it just proves how much she cares about him. When John grabbed her she was scared, but she didn't lose her focus on getting him to safety and having him cured.

Here's another example of my view on the kiss scene in "Conversion".
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Why does this not surprise me? We can't remind people of she whose name must not be spoken, now can we?
                      She is too scary and too powerful for SGA -just look at this thread - she's supposedly frozen? And yet she still won't go away! *snerk*

Comment

Mine isn't that good either, but I try and that's what matters

Make sure to tell you're Mom that we love her and she has fans!
                        My Mom also occasionally watches House with me as well
                        She knows that she has a fan club here. She says that she has more fans than me and she thinks that it's funny.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        *bangs head on the wall* Every time we discuss this ep I say it and someone gets upset. That kiss was aggression - not because he wanted to do that since day one (even though she's hot - Brad Pitt is hot and I would never kiss him) - he simply wanted to force himself on her because his natural aggression was coupled by dozen. Aggression and sex are two sides of the same coin - taht's something you actually learn in psychology classes. Using sexual means to force himself on a smaller woman proved to be quite effective because she wasn't expecting it and it had worked (heck, rape is, sadly, the most effective means of keeping women in the position they are in, and it's happening since the world begun. Rape and aggressive sexuality is an effective means of threat. I think "Conversion" shows that pretty well. JF can be very scary.) John got the reaction he was aiming for, she was damn scared. If someone didn't see that, then go back and watch the scene. She didn't keep on kissing.

Here's another example of my view on the kiss scene in "Conversion".
                        I hope that you don't bangs your head on the wall because of my report...
                        I agree with you. It's an aggression and the kiss is a way to show us that John changed and he can be scary. I like the way you explain this kiss. You have to say that to Martin Gero. He was proud about this kiss.
                        sigpic

Comment

Infirmary:
                          Carson gives the result to John and Elizabeth.
                          “WEIR: And you should probably ... /SHEPPARD: ... suspend my off-world activities until we know more? /WEIR: [with a gracious nod] Thank you.”
                          He finishes her sentence. It’s cute.
                          Elizabeth’s office:
                          Be a leader is not really tiring.
                          Caldwell has a crush for her. All the military men have a crush for her. She’s lucky.
                          My mom “he’s flirting with her…Hey she’s flirting with him. Where is John? He has competition.” Don’t worry mom. She tries to “mollify” him. New word for me: “mollify”. I hope you understand.lol
                          John’s quarter:
                          John finds that he has a beautiful skin.lol He’s worried.
                          Infirmary:“BECKETT: I know, Elizabeth. We're doin' our best! / WEIR: I'm sorry, I know. Of course you are.” She’s worried because it’s his man.
                          “BECKETT: You should talk to him.” Even Carson knows that Elizabeth is the only one who must talk to John.
                          “SHEPPARD: Anything that has you speechless has me concerned.” Just because I love this line.
                          “SHEPPARD: One of the best weeks of my life was when I got my wisdom teeth out. I was on codeine for a full seven days.” Why I did not get that…codeine? For me, it was not a good souvenir: swollen cheeks, pain,… I want codeine.lol
                          “SHEPPARD: `We're gonna beat this'? `Beckett'll figure this *out*'? `You're gonna be *fine*'? You really suck at the whole bedside manner thing. /WEIR: I know, I'm sorry. /SHEPPARD: But I appreciate the effort.”
                          He’s nice with her. I have nothing to add. The script says everything.lol
                          Conference room:
                          Carson and…Oh we don’t care…The next scene is more important.lol
                          Caldwell’s office:“CALDWELL: You two are pretty close, aren't you? /WEIR: Well, we've been through a lot together. Yes»
                          And all the Sparky are screaming « She loves John !!! » …huh…We already know that.lol
                          Carson knew that…Caldwell knew that. I love the look of Caldweel when he says this line. He tries to comfort her. Like my mom said “He’s (Caldwell) tries to comfort the wife when the husband is sick.” Elizabeth is a little severe with Caldwell. He tries to be nice with her when he says “If you need someone to talk to…”. But it’s normal. She’s stressed because her husband is in danger.
                          Conference room:
                          I can’t remember anything about this scene except my mom screaming “Lorne! Lorneeeeeeeeee!” He can’t hear you, mom.
                          “LORNE: We all understand the risks, Doctor Weir, and I believe that Colonel Sheppard would do the same for any one of us.” Oh yes…
                          The scene in Elizabeth’s office…But you have to wait. *evil laugh*
                          sigpic

Comment

*bounces* hurry up Probie huuuuurrrrrrrrryyyyy!!!

I really like that about that "Comforting the wife when the husband is sick" thing, I never caught onto that before but that's so right

Comment

Easy...It's my mom.lol

You read my mind. LOL That was one of the first things I checked on. Gero talks only about Ford in that scene. He doesn't even mention Teyla. Oh and they talk about how much trouble they had getting the blood bag to work on the white shirt. It doesn't seem like they even considered the shippy implications of that scene. Now that is very interesting indeed.

Oh and on Vegas
                              Spoiler:
                              Rob Cooper said the song Solitary Man haunted him when they were choosing music. On Sheppard, he said Vegas!Shep has the same core as our Shep and that he carries burdens and is heroic. In the last scene he thought Shep was a bit suicidal because he drove right up to the wraith's trailer. He didn't have anything to live for. Putting on the cross was Joe's idea because he thought maybe this Shep had lost his faith but then regained it. And the bitten off finger happened to Joe's nanny on the night before ComicCon. He spent the night with her at the emergency room and went straight to ComicCon where he found a bloody hankie in his pocket. Great story.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You read my mind. LOL That was one of the first things I checked on. Gero talks only about Ford in that scene. He doesn't even mention Teyla. Oh and they talk about how much trouble they had getting the blood bag to work on the white shirt. It doesn't seem like they even considered the shippy implications of that scene. Now that is very interesting indeed.

Oh and on Vegas
                                Spoiler:
                                Rob Cooper said the song Solitary Man haunted him when they were choosing music. On Sheppard, he said Vegas!Shep has the same core as our Shep and that he carries burdens and is heroic. In the last scene he thought Shep was a bit suicidal because he drove right up to the wraith's trailer. He didn't have anything to live for. Putting on the cross was Joe's idea because he thought maybe this Shep had lost his faith but then regained it. And the bitten off finger happened to Joe's nanny on the night before ComicCon. He spent the night with her at the emergency room and went straight to ComicCon where he found a bloody hankie in his pocket. Great story.
                                Allow me a moment - to everyone who attacked and ridiculed me when I said, long time ago, John has suicidal tendencies: NEENER - NEENER.

Sorry, guys. Stressful day, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X