Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Like everyone said, he respected her more than any other Military commanding officer. This line didn't shock me. But the all situation disturb me. Everyone is ready to save Teyla even if the situation is complicated but nobody did this for Elizabeth or even Ford. I mean, John is injured and The Wraith are strong but because it's Teyla, everyone is ok to save her. I'm happy that they do that for her but I was used to see them leave their men behind. It's not logical. The last season, nodoby took a risk to rescue Elizabeth. After, 2 episodes, no one remember who she was. Now the writers want us to believe that the team does not leave anyone behind. Come on...
    The Elizabeth/asuran situation is as dangerous as Teyla/Wraith situation. I'm not clear so I will stop to talk. lol

Snip

But I'm not sure that you can read my dvds in your country.
    I'll cut the team some slack, Liz ordered Sheppard to leave. (The one time he follows an order, I know.) After that, I agree Liz got a passing mention in a few episodes. I remember in "Search and Rescue" John convinces Keller to let him on the rescue because he didn't want to blow another chance to save a team member. I took that to mean Weir.

Your DVD's will not play on an American DVD player. Typically on the back of the box they indicate a region coding. It looks like a little globe with a number. We're region 1 in North America. I think y'all in France are region 2.
    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Hi Sparkies! Is it smut day? I need to write the day list down. But every day seems to be smut day around here.

In my opinion we can never see enough of this pic.

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Like everyone said, he respected her more than any other Military commanding officer. This line didn't shock me. But the all situation disturb me. Everyone is ready to save Teyla even if the situation is complicated but nobody did this for Elizabeth or even Ford. I mean, John is injured and The Wraith are strong but because it's Teyla, everyone is ok to save her. I'm happy that they do that for her but I was used to see them leave their men behind. It's not logical. The last season, nodoby took a risk to rescue Elizabeth. After, 2 episodes, no one remember who she was. Now the writers want us to believe that the team does not leave anyone behind. Come on...
        The Elizabeth/asuran situation is as dangerous as Teyla/Wraith situation. I'm not clear so I will stop to talk. lol

I agree with SK. You can wait to see if there are new features. It's true that $16.99 is a good price. It's a shame that I'm french because I will sell my season 4 dvds to you for $10 or even give you my dvds for free. But I'm not sure that you can read my dvds in your country.
        Sometimes it's hard for me to separate the 'business' aspect from the creative aspect of show development. Elizabeth's being left behind was a result of the decision to let Torri go. No matter how you slice it, there was no rescuing Elizabeth. With Teyla's situation, Rachel Luttrel wasn't going anywhere, so of course they were going to go nose-to-the-grindstone to find her and they were going to get her back.

What I wanted more was the 'impact' of the decision to leave Elizabeth behind, knowing what the business decision was. I felt like I got that over 2 years from Joe, and perhaps Ronon. But I wanted more remembrance of Elizabeth. If I'd had that, I might have continued watching.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          I'll cut the team some slack, Liz ordered Sheppard to leave. (The one time he follows an order, I know.) After that, I agree Liz got a passing mention in a few episodes. I remember in "Search and Rescue" John convinces Keller to let him on the rescue because he didn't want to blow another chance to save a team member. I took that to mean Weir.

Your DVD's will not play on an American DVD player. Typically on the back of the box they indicate a region coding. It looks like a little globe with a number. We're region 1 in North America. I think y'all in France are region 2.
          I am probably too hard with the team but Weir is my favorite character and I can't watch them do nothing for her even if she ordered them to leave.
          For my dvds, I know that my dvds can't be read in North America. I didn't notice that Regularamanda is american. Now I know. By the way, I hate the difference between zone 1 and 2. The features are differents and I don't have all the commentaries for season 1. I already said that but I hate this.lol
          Last edited by Probie; 30 June 2009, 05:41 AM.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Sometimes it's hard for me to separate the 'business' aspect from the creative aspect of show development. Elizabeth's being left behind was a result of the decision to let Torri go. No matter how you slice it, there was no rescuing Elizabeth. With Teyla's situation, Rachel Luttrel wasn't going anywhere, so of course they were going to go nose-to-the-grindstone to find her and they were going to get her back.

What I wanted more was the 'impact' of the decision to leave Elizabeth behind, knowing what the business decision was. I felt like I got that over 2 years from Joe, and perhaps Ronon. But I wanted more remembrance of Elizabeth. If I'd had that, I might have continued watching.
            I just want to see the team tries to rescue Elizabeth just for one episode. I don't ask them to do what they did for Teyla. I know that they can't save Elizabeth because Torri was not in the show. Like you said, I want to see some "impact". I have the feeling on the season 4 that they leave Elizabeth and nothing after that.
            I'm frustrated because I can not give my ideas correctly in English. Simply put, I agree with Eri13. Do you want to be my English translator please? lol
            sigpic

Comment

Trinity

Jumper :
              Rodney gives advises to Ronon. Teyla is smiling. Stupid Rodney. They find debris of a hive ship in space and go check the planet. Rodney realized that they were Ancients and….opening credit.
              Lab:
              John and Ronon find dead people.
              “SHEPPARD: Now why is this outpost – if that's what it is – still intact? Doesn't make sense. What do you think, Rodney? /McKAY: Ha! Sorry, I wasn't listening, but it just struck me that, if this is an Ancient outpost, why would the Wraith leave it intact? (Teyla and Ronon look at John.) /SHEPPARD: It's a good question.”
              All the McShep are happy. They think the same thing so they are connected. But the brain of John works a little faster than the brain of Rodney.
              Atlantis:
              John and Elizabeth are walking near to each other. The others follow them. Nobody can be near Elizabeth except John. Rodney is excited by his discover.
              Teyla and Ronon watched Rodney leave the room and John prefers look Elizabeth.
              Corridor:
              Spanky in action. Ronon wants to go with Teyla. My mom said: “Ronon is the only one to make Teyla smile. I think it’s a sign.”
              Lab on the planet:“McKAY (smiling smugly at John): Which I'm sure means nothing to *you*. /SHEPPARD: It means they can fire multiple bursts without having to store up more power for the next firing sequence.” My mom laughed and said “Rodney, don’t think that John is stupid. He has more idea than you and he did MENSA” She remember this details. And she adds “Where is Lorne?” Not in this episode, mom but he will come back one day.
              Ballkan:
              Thank you Damian Kindler (writer of TLG, Tao of Rodney) for shows us that Teyla can be a negotiator.
              “HENDON: Mmm. Then our business is done here. (He starts to rise but Ronon pulls out a knife from his sleeve and slams it point down into the table and leans forward to stare into Hendon`s face.) /DEX: She said her offer is fair.” The translation of my mom: “Don’t say “no” to my girlfriend or I kick your ass.” Teyla is pissed.
              Atlantis:
              Sheppard tries to talk with Elizabeth but Rodney speaks with her. John is not happy and gives him a “hey It’s my girl so let me talk please” look. I love these 3 characters.
              Elizabeth’s office:
              I love her new office and she still has the gift of John on her desk. Everybody in this thread will say “It’s normal” but I want to say this again…lol
              “McKAY: I said I wanted to do all the talking.” My mom: “He did this in each episode. It’s the turn of John. Hey I was thinking about the couch in Elizabeth’s office. John seems comfortable in it…” Don’t say more. We all understand. lol
              All the scientists are working in the lab. Zelenka did a little mistake but Rodney is exasperated. It’s funny to them together.
              Ballkan:
              Ronon finds his old friend Solen. I don’t know him but I already like him because of that “SOLEN: You two make a nice match. Congratulations.” My mom said “We are not alone to think that. Of course they are a nice match.” Now Solen, go say this to the writers please. Even if I’m not a spanky, these two have a great chemistry.
              Lab:
              John and his glasses…Well, it’s...interesting?
              The experience failed and Collins dies.

TBC
              sigpic

Comment

I agree. My previous response was just in the scope of the plot. The least TPTB could have done was give us a funeral or memorial service. It does seem like the only passing comments about Liz come from Shep and Ronon. Congrats on the Emmy.

I just want to see the team tries to rescue Elizabeth just for one episode. I don't ask them to do what they did for Teyla. I know that they can't save Elizabeth because Torri was not in the show. Like you said, I want to see some "impact". I have the feeling on the season 4 that they leave Elizabeth and nothing after that.
                I'm frustrated because I can not give my ideas correctly in English. Simply put, I agree with Eri13. Do you want to be my English translator please? lol
                I know what you are trying to say. Even a failed rescue attempt would have been cool to see. That could've been done with out Ms. Torri. Maybe she would've come back for an episode like that, as opposed to GitM. "Remnants" would've been a great chance to show how losing Liz affected Shep. I remember if there was a season six, a rescue attempt was a potential plot line.

But with the show over and the movie on hold, we'll Dennis DeYoung back with Styx before we see Ms. Higginson back in Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                  I agree. My previous response was just in the scope of the plot. The least TPTB could have done was give us a funeral or memorial service. It does seem like the only passing comments about Liz come from Shep and Ronon. Congrats on the Emmy.

I know what you are trying to say. Even a failed rescue attempt would have been cool to see. That could've been done with out Ms. Torri. Maybe she would've come back for an episode like that, as opposed to GitM. "Remnants" would've been a great chance to show how losing Liz affected Shep. I remember if there was a season six, a rescue attempt was a potential plot line.

But with the show over and the movie on hold, we'll Dennis DeYoung back with Styx before we see Ms. Higginson back in Stargate.
                  I love the comparison.
                  Even with a miracle is impossible.
                  sigpic

Comment

I feel the same way. I understand why certain things were done but don't like the outcome canonwise. Except Kanaan, of course. LOL

Trinity

Jumper :
                    Rodney gives advises to Ronon. Teyla is smiling. Stupid Rodney. They find debris of a hive ship in space and go check the planet. Rodney realized that they were Ancients and….opening credit.
                    Lab:
                    John and Ronon find dead people.
                    “SHEPPARD: Now why is this outpost – if that's what it is – still intact? Doesn't make sense. What do you think, Rodney? /McKAY: Ha! Sorry, I wasn't listening, but it just struck me that, if this is an Ancient outpost, why would the Wraith leave it intact? (Teyla and Ronon look at John.) /SHEPPARD: It's a good question.”
                    All the McShep are happy. They think the same thing so they are connected. But the brain of John works a little faster than the brain of Rodney.
                    Atlantis:
                    John and Elizabeth are walking near to each other. The others follow them. Nobody can be near Elizabeth except John. Rodney is excited by his discover.
                    Teyla and Ronon watched Rodney leave the room and John prefers look Elizabeth.
                    Corridor:
                    Spanky in action. Ronon wants to go with Teyla. My mom said: “Ronon is the only one to make Teyla smile. I think it’s a sign.”
                    Lab on the planet:“McKAY (smiling smugly at John): Which I'm sure means nothing to *you*. /SHEPPARD: It means they can fire multiple bursts without having to store up more power for the next firing sequence.” My mom laughed and said “Rodney, don’t think that John is stupid. He has more idea than you and he did MENSA” She remember this details. And she adds “Where is Lorne?” Not in this episode, mom but he will come back one day.
                    Ballkan:
                    Thank you Damian Kindler (writer of TLG, Tao of Rodney) for shows us that Teyla can be a negotiator.
                    “HENDON: Mmm. Then our business is done here. (He starts to rise but Ronon pulls out a knife from his sleeve and slams it point down into the table and leans forward to stare into Hendon`s face.) /DEX: She said her offer is fair.” The translation of my mom: “Don’t say “no” to my girlfriend or I kick your ass.” Teyla is pissed.
                    Atlantis:
                    Sheppard tries to talk with Elizabeth but Rodney speaks with her. John is not happy and gives him a “hey It’s my girl so let me talk please” look. I love these 3 characters.
                    Elizabeth’s office:
                    I love her new office and she still has the gift of John on her desk. Everybody in this thread will say “It’s normal” but I want to say this again…lol
                    “McKAY: I said I wanted to do all the talking.” My mom: “He did this in each episode. It’s the turn of John. Hey I was thinking about the couch in Elizabeth’s office. John seems comfortable in it…” Don’t say more. We all understand. lol
                    All the scientists are working in the lab. Zelenka did a little mistake but Rodney is exasperated. It’s funny to them together.
                    Ballkan:
                    Ronon finds his old friend Solen. I don’t know him but I already like him because of that “SOLEN: You two make a nice match. Congratulations.” My mom said “We are not alone to think that. Of course they are a nice match.” Now Solen, go say this to the writers please. Even if I’m not a spanky, these two have a great chemistry.
                    Lab:
                    John and his glasses…Well, it’s...interesting?
                    The experience failed and Collins dies.

TBC
                    And did you see where his hands were? Just sayin'. I'll look for a cap later.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      And did you see where his hands were? Just sayin'. I'll look for a cap later.
                      Are you talking about this? John's hand
                      Because yes I noticed but he looks Rodney in this pic.lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Whoa...somehow I totally missed that! XD
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Conference room:
                          Rodney wants to try again the experience. There is a little tension between Caldwell/Weir and between Rodney/Elizabeth. My mom was happy to see Elizabeth like this i.e a strong leader who says “no”. Yes my mom thinks that Elizabeth is a little weak sometimes.
                          Ballkan:
                          Nice little scene between Ronon and Teyla. My mom: “It’s the wife who puts his very drunk husband in bed. It reminds me something.” I don’t want to know.lol Ronon almost cry front of Teyla. Jason is great in this scene.
                          John’s quarter:
                          Rodney speaks with John.
                          “McKAY: Can I come in? /SHEPPARD: No.” My mom: “There is Elizabeth inside. I’m sure of that.” Nice scene between them.
                          “McKAY: Elizabeth will listen to you.” Everybody know that John can influence Elizabeth.
                          Elizabeth’s office:
                          It’s interesting to see the confrontation between Elizabeth and Caldwell and know that for once John is with Caldwell.
                          “WEIR: Isn't the Daedalus about ready to head back to Earth?” John smiles. He’s happy to see that she doesn’t let Caldwell do what he wants.
                          He’s uncomfortable because he knows that he shares the same opinion as Caldwell. He puts Elizabeth in a bad situation.
                          “CALDWELL: you have placed the Ancients on such a high pedestal” Now we know that they are arrogant, stupid, and selfish. They created the Wraith and the replicators….Yeah, I’m not a fan.lol
                          Caldwell realized the influence of John on Elizabeth. We can see that when he looks John at the end of the scene.
                          Lab/Atlantis:
                          Zelenka tries to say to Rodney that the experience will fail again and John and him could die. Elizabeth is worried for them.
                          “SHEPPARD: I'll call you back after the test – how does that sound? /WEIR: You'd better.” Mom: “When he will be back, she will jump on him and they will find a room.” Lol
                          Ballkan:
                          Ronon kills Kell. Teyla is pissed. My mom is happy “Cool, they have a secret now. It will be interesting how they will handle this.” I can’t say to my mom that the writers didn’t use this for the others episodes? She will be disappointed again.
                          Jumper:
                          The weapon is firing. Hopefully, Caldwell is here.
                          Atlantis:
                          Elizabeth shouts on Rodney. Teyla and Ronon see this.
                          Corridor:
                          Rodney tries to apologize to John. Rodney is sad to lose the trust of John. Sheppard gives a little hope to Rodney.
                          Conclusion:
                          My mom asked me several times “where is Lorne?”. She was surprised to see that Rodney can fail and she liked the scenes between Ronon and Teyla. In this episode, Caldwell realized that John and Elizabeth are close (the scene in Elizabeth’s office) and he will use this information in "Conversion".

Next episode "Instinct"
                          sigpic

Comment

Another great review, Probie. Can't wait for the next.

Comment

That's the one. *ignores the comment about Rodney* He sat like that for a long time. It was very distracting.

And in the commentary we learn that in the scene when Rodney asks John if he can come in there was a surprise for David. The first time they did it the director Martin Wood was in John's room dressed in nothing but a pair of shorts. A little joke on David. LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Very nice report Probie!

Okay, on another note: *waves flag in the air* Woohoo! I finished Chapter 9 of my fic Light in the Dark! I stayed up till 1:30 last night, but I finished the chapter! I don't think you can quite understand my excitement! It took so long to write! (*mutters* stupid writers block) But anyway! It's there! Please read if you like! (and reviews would be nice too )
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X