Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Well thanks! What it essentially means is that the cost will be the cost of buying the name (theredlist.com) for a year (around 10$ US). But that will go up on a yearly basis for however long we want to keep the site going. That's what paypal will be for, because holding a domain name could be around 100-150$ for 5 years.

But the hosting space will be 'free' since I'm already paying for it for other ventures.

Now...if we're talking actually hosting tons of graphics and video, then we may have to sit down and talk, as that will burn up a lot of space and bandwidth. I have a lot, but I've run moderate high traffic sites, but none with video. Which is why I need people more schooled than me to let me know what we'd be looking at here.

Of course, this is only an option. If LJ is a better fit, let's do it there. I know not everyone has access--including me most days--but for ease, it may be a better option.

Coding and web maintenance of an independent site takes a lot of work. Trust ME.
    That I know. That's what my husband does for a living. LOL And he never seems to be caught up.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Skips in *waves hello* Skips out. Before being noticed...

Spoiler:

Did you see that?

See what?

*Runs*
      BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I actually have domain space we can use. I've had it forever so I have no qualms about adding another site. I've been with them for about 10 years, so the bandwidth is off the charts.

I would also spring for the domain name if...

SOMEONE HAS TO CODE UP THE SITE. I absolutely refuse. I've done waaaay too many websites, and half my stress last year came from the bare-bones maintaining of another website (that is now down, unfortunately, due to malware in the forums).

So if there is someone who loves coding, can do a good job (no more malware, pleasethx) and would be willing to be web administrator, I'd gladly host the site and pay for the domain name (I would like the paypal button up, though, so in subsequent years we could take donations for it).
        I love coding, but it's been ages since I coded a database for a website...
        So if you guys are patient with me, I could do it

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        « Where is Major Sheppard? » My mom takes the voice of Elizabeth and said « In my bed ».
        Just for that comment I can say that I love your mom to bits
        She's not a pervert, just a true Sparky

I don't know if I do "The Eye" now. Let me know if you want this today.
        If you want to do the eye, please do it now. I would love to know your mom's reaction to the end

Well thanks! What it essentially means is that the cost will be the cost of buying the name (theredlist.com) for a year (around 10$ US). But that will go up on a yearly basis for however long we want to keep the site going. That's what paypal will be for, because holding a domain name could be around 100-150$ for 5 years.

But the hosting space will be 'free' since I'm already paying for it for other ventures.

Now...if we're talking actually hosting tons of graphics and video, then we may have to sit down and talk, as that will burn up a lot of space and bandwidth. I have a lot, but I've run moderate high traffic sites, but none with video. Which is why I need people more schooled than me to let me know what we'd be looking at here.

Of course, this is only an option. If LJ is a better fit, let's do it there. I know not everyone has access--including me most days--but for ease, it may be a better option.

Coding and web maintenance of an independent site takes a lot of work. Trust ME.
        theredlist.com is already taken (as is .net, .co.uk and .org), that's why I proposed theredlist.info.
        And the database would just be to link to graphics and fics and vids and stuff like that, so it shouldn't be taking up that much room.

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
        Skips in *waves hello* Skips out. Before being noticed...

Spoiler:

Did you see that?

See what?

*Runs*
        Did anyone else see that flash passing by? What was that??

Sig by me

Comment

The eye

Control room/grounding station:
          John is so angry. He can’t do anything. Poor man. The voice of Joe Flanigan is so sexy. I think I begin to fall in love with him.
          Rodney in front of Weir. My mom thinks is cute and said “You know. This two could be a sweet couple, if John was not in the show.” I’m sorry but I agree with her. Of course we are Sparky but this scene is cute. We can see McWeir in it. I'm going to hide because you are going to kill me.lol
          Kolya announced to John that Weir is dead. The small part of us, which was McWeir, died. Sparky is stronger. Look at his face.
          John's face
          And I love this scene “SHEPPARD: *takes a deep breath* Slowly pronouncing each word* I. am. Going. To. Kill. You” Wow…He’s mad.
          Mainland:
          Teyla, Beckett and Ford…we don’t care. Go back to Atlantis.lol
          I would like to know what happens in the head of John at this time. Does he realize she is dead? Is he sad or he just thinks about how to kill Kolya? Is it only the soldier in him who works?
          Grounding Station:
          Poor David, Torri and Robert. It's hell. But it’s really cool to watch this. Their scenes together are awesome.
          Sheppard is impressive: he runs, he kills, and he shows his underwear.lol
          He thinks like Rodney and he takes a piece of a reactor (sorry but I can't explain clearly what he did lol).
          Lights and all systems of the city shut off. Ok now my mom understands “He’s really smart. I love this man more and more”. I’m not the only who fall in love. lol
          Teyla, Ford and Beckett are on Atlantis. Beckett with a gun…Funny
          Control room:
          Sheppard kills 55 men. He’s really angry.
          Grounding station:
          Kolya wants to kill Rodney but Elizabeth prevents him. It’s a Mcweir scene here, no?
          And now, this part of this episode is only Sparky.
          But you have to wait.

TBC
          Last edited by Probie; 11 June 2009, 10:55 AM.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Probie, you got us all shivering with antici... (SAY IT)... pation. I gotta have your ma's thoughts on one of the sparkiest sparks ever.
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

The eye

Control room/grounding station:
              John is so angry. He can’t do anything. Poor man. The voice of Joe Flanigan is so sexy. I think I begin to fall in love with him.
              Rodney in front of Weir. My mom thinks is cute and said “You know. This two could be a sweet couple, if John was not in the show.” I’m sorry but I agree with her. Of course we are Sparky but this scene is cute. We can see McWeir in it. I'm going to hide because you are going to kill me.lol
              Kolya announced to John that Weir is dead. The small part of us, which was McWeir, died. Sparky is stronger. Look at his face.
              John's face
              And I love this scene “SHEPPARD: *takes a deep breath* Slowly pronouncing each word* I. am. Going. To. Kill. You” Wow…He’s mad.
              Mainland:
              Teyla, Beckett and Ford…we don’t care. Go back to Atlantis.lol
              I would like to know what happens in the head of John at this time. Does he realize she is dead? Is he sad or he just thinks about how to kill Kolya? Is it only the soldier in him who works?
              Grounding Station:
              Poor David, Torri and Robert. It's hell. But it’s really cool to watch this. Their scenes together are awesome.
              He thinks like Rodney and he takes a piece of a reactor (sorry but I can't explain clearly what he did lol).
              Lights and all systems of the city shut off. Ok now my mom understands “He’s really smart. I love this man more and more”. I’m not the only who fall in love. lol
              Teyla, Ford and Beckett are on Atlantis. Beckett with a gun…Funny
              Control room:
              Sheppard kills 55 men. He’s really angry.
              Grounding station:
              Kolya wants to kill Rodney but Elizabeth prevents him. It’s a Mcweir scene here, no?
              And now, this part of this episode is only Sparky.
              But you have to wait.

TBC
              John Sheppard: He runs. He kills. He shows his underwear.

Perfect.
              sigpic

Comment

The eye

TBC
                Hey, I want Weir to run, kill and show her underwear.
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Post-a-thon update: Okay, it sounds like Option 1 is the winner! So, this Saturday, we'll be watching Submersion at 2pm Pacific Time, with Vengeance next week and First Strike the week after that. Thanks for letting me know, and I'll see you at the 'thon!

Killdeer! That sounds like an exciting fic idea, you should totally finish it!

The Red List: I really don't have a preference as to whether we use LJ or create a website; both options have their pros and cons. As far as websites go, the most I could contribute is money to run it; I'm not really versed in coding and the like, so I wouldn't be able to help there.

Probie, your mom cracks me up! I am loving the play-by-play on The Storm/The Eye, they're so Sparky-rifiic! Keep 'em coming!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    John Sheppard: He runs. He kills. He shows his underwear.

Perfect.
                    LMAO!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                    Hey, I want Weir to run, kill and show her underwear.
                    The Long Goodbye is good for that. Well, the running, shooting (but no one dies), and showing some lower back peekage parts.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Kolya/Sheppard Radio:
                      Kolya looks Elizabeth and he knows that the only way to calm Sheppard is to tell him she’s alive.
                      John, Childish? My mom is agree “I can’t find a better word for describe him.”
                      And the revelation
                      WEIR IS ALIVE!!! Ok everyone in this thread know this but not Sheppard.lol
                      He stops walking. He’s relieved? Happy? Or he thinks about the night that he will have with her when everything will be finished ?
                      John wants to talk to her. I don’t know if you notice how Kolya is but he has a look like “I was sure that there is something between you”. My mom said that this scene is a cliché. In each show, the hero wants to talks with the woman he loves when she is prisoner. But she likes this because it proves that Elizabeth is "the women he loves".lol
                      Sheppard has a rough voice when he speaks at Kolya but when he talks to Weir; he uses this…”sensual” voice. Perhaps “sensual” is not the good word but hey...we talking about Sparky. It’s the first word that came into my mind.
                      Kolya uses Weir to make Sheppard works. He knows that Weir is the weak side/point of John.
                      Again: nice little scene between Rodney and Weir. He puts his arm around Elizabeth to keep her warm. McWeir shippers are happy.
                      Ford, Teyla, Beckett and John are together.
                      Mckay repairs the…thing.lol the machine? Sheppard has a plan. “Shoot to kill” Ok Sheppard is mad.
                      Jumper bay:
                      Fight between Teyla and Sora. The best friends.lol
                      Control room:
                      John and Ford, ready to kill.
                      Kolya wants to leave with Rodney and Weir. And....wait again...I gotta go....*Evil laugh*...Ok sorry. I'm a little crazy
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

He stops walking. He’s relieved? Happy? Or he thinks about the night that he will have with her when everything will be finished ?
                        Or all three...

John wants to talk to her. I don’t know if you notice how Kolya is but he has a look like “I was sure that there is something between you”. My mom said that this scene is a cliché. In each show, the hero wants to talks with the woman he loves when she is prisoner. But she likes this because it proves that Elizabeth is "the women he loves".lol
                        But of course Kolya knows! And he plays on the closeness between John and Elizabeth in later episodes, too. Heheheh...

Sheppard has a rough voice when he speaks at Kolya but when he talks to Weir; he uses this…”sensual” voice. Perhaps “sensual” is not the good word but hey...we talking about Sparky. It’s the first word that came into my mind.
                        The Voice. Ohhhhh yeah. We've all noticed That Voice. Sparky fans everywhere swoon in glee whenever we hear it. And 'sensual' is the perfect word to describe it!

Comment

Kolya/Sheppard Radio:
                          Kolya looks Elizabeth and he knows that the only way to calm Sheppard is to tell him she’s alive.
                          And the revelation
                          Kolya uses Weir to make Sheppard works. He knows that Weir is the weak side/point of John.
                          Again: nice little scene between Rodney and Weir. He puts his arm around Elizabeth to keep her warm. McWeir shippers are happy.
                          Mckay repairs the…thing.lol the machine? Sheppard has a plan. “Shoot to kill” Ok Sheppard is mad.
                          Jumper bay:
                          Control room:
                          Kolya wants to leave with Rodney and Weir. And....wait again...I gotta go....*Evil laugh*...Ok sorry. I'm a little crazy
                          Ooo! The evilness! What a spot to leave off on. Come back and finish that report!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          But of course Kolya knows! And he plays on the closeness between John and Elizabeth in later episodes, too. Heheheh...
                          Ah, Kolya. Best villain ever. That man knew how to bring out the Spark!

The Voice. Ohhhhh yeah. We've all noticed That Voice. Sparky fans everywhere swoon in glee whenever we hear it. And 'sensual' is the perfect word to describe it!
                          *looks around frantically* Did someone mention The Voice? *swoons on cue* That is the perfect word for that voice. *swoons again*
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Kolya/Sheppard Radio:
                            And the revelation
                            Jumper bay:
                            Control room:
                            Probie I love your mom.

Now I want to go watch TS/TE again. It's such a good pick me up episode.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

As for all this stuff about The Red List, I'm not going to be that much help. I can recommend stuff to go on it, but as far as any technical computer stuff I have absolutely no clue what to do. I just got an LJ account this afternoon (finally) and as of yet I still don't even know how to put what I want on the background. So like I said, not much help in that department.
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Or all three...

John's special "Lizzie" voice can't be denied. The change in his tone is soooooo obvious. And he always uses it with her.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X