Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I’m back for the analysis of my mom (and little mine because it’s the result of our conversation).
    Today: Hide and Seek / 38 minutes.
    So first Hide and Seek. I hope that I will be clear.

A little OT
    Spoiler:
    It’s strange to see Grodin and Halling. I have the impression to watch an another show.
    We laughed when John pushed Rodney of the balcony and when he is proud to say to Elizabeth “I shot him…in the leg”. A nice little scene between them. Then we see that Mr Untouchable is stupid but in a good way. I love this Rodney.
    The scene with Shep and the kids is funny. He can’t scare them.
    Sheppard treated Teyla like a buddy.

My mom said (pop corn and football scene): “we see the beginning of a great friendship between all the members of the team and complicity between John and Elizabeth”. Wise lady
    So the story continues…and my mom said again “Why is he so close to her? He is always next to her or look at her.” Ask this to TPTB not me, mom. (Sorry. Sometimes this analysis looks like a dialogue but I give you my answers too.lol).
    To conclude, there is no real sparky scene in this episode. As my mother said (again): "everything is in the looks and the behavior." She likes the same character as me ie: Rodney, John and Weir. There are some good scenes between them.

Next post: 38 minutes (if you want of course)
    Those three are so the Three Musketeers of Atlantis. They just are!

John's always been stuck to Elizabeth like glue, hasn't he? Even when they're not in the same room (or even on the same planet), they're still stuck to each other.

What can I say about "38 Minutes" except the fact that this is probably where all began. Maybe not for me because I missed this the first time. No I can't say that I missed this because even if I was not a shipper at the beginning, I remember thought about this episode "Ok if there is a ship in SGA, it will be Weir/Sheppard" . I discuss about this with my mom and she almost yelled at me "How can you not see this? He loves her..." Easy mom, now I see this. Stop yelling please...It's a show...lol
    First, I want to say: Weir’s clothes are horrible and please cut Teyla’s hair. OK now I can begin.
    My mom loves this episode. Weir is worried for her men especially for John. For her, he can’t die.
    Me, I especially like Elizabeth in this episode. I love the way she treats Kavanagh. Yes she the governor so stop talking Mister and go back to save her man. And the scene between Halling and her is just fantastic. She’s a good leader and…ok you don’t here for me but for my mother.lol You have to wait the next post.
    Heehee! Sounds like you're mom is really getting into Sparky!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Second part:

I want to say: The scream of Joe (when Ford puts salt and water on the bug) is so sexy…lol

THE scene:
      Silence in my living room. We look very carefully this scene
      We heard John says: “So …what I want to say was….” And my mother took the voice of John and says “I love you”. So we laughed and we have to re-watch the scene because my mom didn’t hear the end. By the way, she hated Ford because he interrupts John but the next scene; she loved Ford because he said “Cut his shirt off”. I will repeat that to my father.lol
      No doubt for her, he likes her. Too early to say it’s love but there is something.
      When John survived, my mom said “Look her face. She’s so relieved. She almost cries”.

Now THE scene in the infirmary with THE look.

“WEIR: You weren’t really going to say that, were you?
      SHEPPARD: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
      WEIR: I didn’t think so.”

So my mom asked me “What he wants to say?” TPTB never give us an answer but it’s pretty obvious, mom.

And the end with this look
      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=255&pos=488
      I told my mother, "This isn't the look of a man for his boss, but for a woman for whom he has a crush." She answered: “it’s only now that you notice that.” You scared me, mom.
      It’s official: she is a Sparky.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Now I would like to know if you want me to continue to do that (when she says something about Sparky of course) or stop this?
        Do you want that I talk only about Sparky scenes?
        Do you want that I post only the opinion of my mom and not mine (or my comments about what she says) because it will be easier to understand?
        sigpic

Comment

Now I would like to know if you want me to continue to do that (when she says something about Sparky of course) or stop this?
          Do you want that I post only the opinion of my mom and not mine (or my comments about what she says) because it will be easier to understand?
          I want to hear what you and your mom both think and also what each of you thinks about parts other than Sparky also. Tell us everything. LOL
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Second part:

I want to say: The scream of Joe (when Ford puts salt and water on the bug) is so sexy…lol
            Joe screams so well. And I'm such a bad girl, I laugh every time I watch that scene!

THE scene:
            Silence in my living room. We look very carefully this scene
            We heard John says: “So …what I want to say was….” And my mother took the voice of John and says “I love you”. So we laughed and we have to re-watch the scene because my mom didn’t hear the end. By the way, she hated Ford because he interrupts John but the next scene; she loved Ford because he said “Cut his shirt off”. I will repeat that to my father.lol
            No doubt for her, he likes her. Too early to say it’s love but there is something.
            When John survived, my mom said “Look her face. She’s so relieved. She almost cries”.

Now THE scene in the infirmary with THE look.

“WEIR: You weren’t really going to say that, were you?
            SHEPPARD: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
            WEIR: I didn’t think so.”

So my mom asked me “What he wants to say?” TPTB never give us an answer but it’s pretty obvious, mom.

And the end with this look
            http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=255&pos=488
            I told my mother, "This isn't the look of a man for his boss, but for a woman for whom he has a crush." She answered: “it’s only now that you notice that.” You scared me, mom.
            It’s official: she is a Sparky.
            Yup, your mom is totally a Sparky! Heehee!

What SR said: Tell us everything! LOL! I think we're all having fun reading all about your mom's reactions and your conversations with her; it's like reliving our own introduction to Sparky. And that's a happy thing!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              What SR said: Tell us everything! LOL! I think we're all having fun reading all about your mom's reactions and your conversations with her; it's like reliving our own introduction to Sparky. And that's a happy thing!
              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I want to hear what you and your mom both think and also what each of you thinks about parts other than Sparky also. Tell us everything. LOL
              Ok. I will tell you everything. Tonight I will watched Suspicion. My mom can't stop watching SGA. She's an addict.lol
              It's strange for me because I saw all the episodes and I have the impression to watch an another show. It's very new for me. At the beginning, I watched Stargate for the action, for the humour, characters...I never NEVER ship people even Sam and Jack. But Sparky is obvious. Unconsciously, I shipped (can I conjugate this word?lol What I want to say it's put them together) Weir and Sheppard but I realized this later. I'm schizophrenic.lol
              sigpic

Comment

Probie, I agree with SR and SK. It's absolutely great to read how you and your mom view SGA and Sparky, please, keep us updated on that.

Sig by me

Comment

Ok. I will tell you everything. Tonight I will watched Suspicion. My mom can't stop watching SGA. She's an addict.lol
                  It's strange for me because I saw all the episodes and I have the impression to watch an another show. It's very new for me. At the beginning, I watched Stargate for the action, for the humour, characters...I never NEVER ship people even Sam and Jack. But Sparky is obvious. Unconsciously, I shipped (can I conjugate this word?lol What I want to say it's put them together) Weir and Sheppard but I realized this later. I'm schizophrenic.lol
                  Hee! It's funny, but I don't usually ship characters in TV shows or movies; even when there are some pretty obvious signs of a pairing, I just think, "okay, cool, whatever," and go on my merry way.

But there's just something about John and Elizabeth that makes me go back and take a second look. And a third look. And then a fourth look. LOL! They are addicting!

Comment

Probie, feel free to use "ship" as a verb. We had George "dubya" make up words all the time. The spark is too much to deny the ship. One day one of us "gaters" in the frat asked us in the middle of an episode if Sheppard and Weir were sleeping together. The consensus in the room was "Ya Think."
                    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                      Probie, feel free to use "ship" as a verb. We had George "dubya" make up words all the time. The spark is too much to deny the ship. One day one of us "gaters" in the frat asked us in the middle of an episode if Sheppard and Weir were sleeping together. The consensus in the room was "Ya Think."
                      Sometimes I feel like I'm not using English words . I want to speak in French. It's easier.
                      Je pourrais dire que je suis accro à ce couple (et pourquoi) et de pas mettre 3 min à relire mon message car je sais pas si vous allez comprendre ce que j'écris dans mon si beau anglais. Ca fait du bien...
                      Translation: I could say I'm addicted to this couple (and why) and not spend 3 minutes to read my post before publish it because I do not know if you will understand what I write in my beautiful English. This is good...

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                      Probie, I agree with SR and SK. It's absolutely great to read how you and your mom view SGA and Sparky, please, keep us updated on that.
                      I finished to watch "Suspicion" but I don't know if I do my report today.lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Hee! It's funny, but I don't usually ship characters in TV shows or movies; even when there are some pretty obvious signs of a pairing, I just think, "okay, cool, whatever," and go on my merry way.

But there's just something about John and Elizabeth that makes me go back and take a second look. And a third look. And then a fourth look. LOL! They are addicting!
                        I know!! I mean, I ship dozens of ships on tv-shows... yeah... I'm one of those shippers
                        But none of them have ever intrigued me and fascinated me like Sparky has, and non have kept me writing fic and rewatching eps and talk about it.
                        Sparky for the win!!

ROFL!! Would love to have been in that room with you guys

Sometimes I feel like I'm not using English words . I want to speak in French. It's easier.
                        Je pourrais dire que je suis accro à ce couple (et pourquoi) et de pas mettre 3 min à relire mon message car je sais pas si vous allez comprendre ce que j'écris dans mon si beau anglais. Ca fait du bien...
                        Translation: I could say I'm addicted to this couple (and why) and not spend 3 minutes to read my post before publish it because I do not know if you will understand what I write in my beautiful English. This is good...

I got most of what you said in French Makes me feel good as I thought my French had gotten worse

Would love to read your 'Suspicion' report, but post it when you feel like it... no pressure.
                        *waits impatiently*

Sig by me

Comment

We won't be upset if your posts aren't in perfect English Maybe you could open another window with the translator google has. Just type your post in your native French, and paste the translated English into your post. The software compensates for something like the "adjective then noun" (e.g. red balloon) we have in English and the "noun then adjective" (ballon rouge) structure Romance languages use.
                          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

We won't be upset if your posts aren't in perfect English :) Maybe you could open another window with the translator google has. Just type your post in your native French, and paste the translated English into your post. The software compensates for something like the "adjective then noun" (e.g. red balloon) we have in English and the "noun then adjective" (ballon rouge) structure Romance languages use.
                            I just hope that it's not horrible to read. I make mistakes but as long as you understand me, It's ok for me.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            I know!! I mean, I ship dozens of ships on tv-shows... yeah... I'm one of those shippers
                            But none of them have ever intrigued me and fascinated me like Sparky has, and non have kept me writing fic and rewatching eps and talk about it.
                            Sparky for the win!!

ROFL!! Would love to have been in that room with you guys

I got most of what you said in French Makes me feel good as I thought my French had gotten worse

Would love to read your 'Suspicion' report, but post it when you feel like it... no pressure.
                            *waits impatiently*
                            Ravie de voir que tu me comprennes.
                            sigpic

Comment

I do this before going to bed like that I remember what we said. So Suspicion…

One of the first scenes, it's Rodney who drool ...hmmm it’s sexy.lol Elizabeth wants to speak with John and he made this little thing with his eyebrow when he heard her. And then Rodney again with his foot. This man is really really sexy.lol
                              The first real conflict between John and Elizabeth. My mother liked this scene and especially Elizabeth. She’s the leader and John has to listen and obey her.
                              Teyla appears. I can’t stop thinking: “Cut your hair…cut your hair… Who chooses this wig?”
                              Balcony scene: Teyla is not happy. John defends Elizabeth. And my mom says “You said that the producers want to put them together? She doesn’t like him in this scene and he defends Elizabeth.” Yes but it’s the beginning ,mom. The episode continues. We don’t have anything to say except that Ford is a kid.
                              Next scene in the meeting room, Weir smiles when John wants to surf. Conflict again but Weir is stronger than John. And after that blablablabla….Yes we don’t really like this episode.lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Mom says about John. "It's a way to talk to his boss? .. Oh yes I forgot ... He likes to tease her." (When he says "Groceries? A new suit? Flatware) and again blablabla….
                                Bates and John fight. My mother likes Bates. John yells at Elizabeth but there is a long look between them. My mom wants to teach to John how to speak to a boss.lol
                                The scene between Bates, John and Elizabeth:
                                I have a problem with the line:"personnal feeling". My mom said to me "it's normal. It's his friend. You have personnal feeling for your friend too". ok, Peace and Love to you mom.
                                And again blablabla…(sorry for that lol) Shep wants to kill Bates. Everybody want to kill a Wraith.
                                A great fight between Teyla and a Wraith.
                                The end is just wonderful. It was the time where Wraith are scary. lol
                                In conclusion, you understand that we have nothing to say about this episode except blablabla.lol A good episode for the relation between Teyla and Weir, A good fight at the end and some hints of Sparky.
                                But as John says "Stay positive now" for the next episode tomorrow.

Sorry if this post is not interesting but I'm tired.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X