No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, here's a stoopid question. What's TekWar?
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Okay, here's a stoopid question. What's TekWar?
      Well, there are movies, there's a series, novels and comics... oh and a video game too
      If I remember correctly (it really has been AGES since I watched it), it's set in the future, where a drug called Tek is the newest rage. It brings its user in a sort of simulated reality called 'The Matrix' (gotta love that one )
      Honestly don't remember what else it is about... I really need to watch it again...

In other news: I deleted (set aside is better really) my first 1000 words of the SGABigBang fic and started writing all over again. I'm going much more into detail and much more character driven. It's just that I realised that by the pace I was going I was never going to make 40.000 words
      I'm going to let my cheerleader decide though on what she finds better.
      Will get back with the results later

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Well, there are movies, there's a series, novels and comics... oh and a video game too
        If I remember correctly (it really has been AGES since I watched it), it's set in the future, where a drug called Tek is the newest rage. It brings its user in a sort of simulated reality called 'The Matrix' (gotta love that one )
        Honestly don't remember what else it is about... I really need to watch it again...
        I think the books came first... co-written by William Shatner. And then he starred in the TV show. Did I get that right?

In other news: I deleted (set aside is better really) my first 1000 words of the SGABigBang fic and started writing all over again. I'm going much more into detail and much more character driven. It's just that I realised that by the pace I was going I was never going to make 40.000 words
        I'm going to let my cheerleader decide though on what she finds better.
        Will get back with the results later
        Yeah, cutting and rewriting happens. Sometimes I save the stuff I've cut in an outtake file. You never know when it might come in handy.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          I think the books came first... co-written by William Shatner. And then he starred in the TV show. Did I get that right?
          Yeah... I think so. First the novels (or at least a few of them) then the first movie, then the tv-show and then more movies and more novels, followed later by the comics and the game somewhere in between all that.
          I never read the novels though... maybe I will one day.

Yeah, cutting and rewriting happens. Sometimes I save the stuff I've cut in an outtake file. You never know when it might come in handy.
          I'm actually rewriting what I had written, making it much more detailed, so I don't need to save the original as it's basically the same just way shorter. But I'll remember that for future 'this blows, lemme start over' moments

Sig by me

Comment

For Tekwar: Torri was only in the movies or she was in the TV show too?
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              For Tekwar: Torri was only in the movies or she was in the TV show too?
              I think she was in the tv show *racks brain and decides to check IMDB*

*comes back from IMDB*
              Yes, she was, but only in four eps.
              I love IMDB

Sig by me

Comment

I think she was in the tv show *racks brain and decides to check IMDB*

*comes back from IMDB*
                Yes, she was, but only in four eps.
                I love IMDB
                I remember her in the movie only. Thank you for the information. You will be my IMDB. By the way, I just read your fic "Baby blues" in Command Dynamics. "wow" is the only word I can say. Very beautiful.

I also read some fics of Yunadax, Anuna, Erin87 , Southern Red and Scary Kitty. You are all very talented. I'm sure I forget others authors.
                Ncc-72452: I don't remember see your fics on Command dynamics. I would love to read them. You have really ( I have to find an other word. I always say "really" lol) good ideas.
                Now that I said what I want to say , I go back read your stories.lol
                sigpic

Comment

I remember her in the movie only. Thank you for the information. You will be my IMDB. By the way, I just read your fic "Baby blues" in Command Dynamics. "wow" is the only word I can say. Very beautiful.

I also read some fics of Yunadax, Anuna, Erin87 , Southern Red and Scary Kitty. You are all very talented. I'm sure I forget others authors.
                  You can always use me as IMDB... although I'm sure the real thing is a lot better
                  And thank you... I don't think it's one of my best stories, but I needed to write angst that day and that's what I came up with...

The amount of writing and artistic talent this thread houses always surprises me a lot. There's some real talent on here.

Sig by me

Comment

You can always use me as IMDB... although I'm sure the real thing is a lot better
                    And thank you... I don't think it's one of my best stories, but I needed to write angst that day and that's what I came up with...

The amount of writing and artistic talent this thread houses always surprises me a lot. There's some real talent on here.
                    I love angst stories and your fic is really fantastic (can someone give me a synonim for "really" please or wait, I will find in the web. I hate this word "really".lol)

Yes, there are many talented people in this thread. It's amazing!

Now I'll go see "The Princess Bride" for the first time with a friend. I will not stop to think about SGA and to the scene in "the return" between John and Elizabeth. Lol
                    Last edited by Probie; 29 May 2009, 12:29 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Before I go.

Sparky quotes

71. McKAY: Are you listening? Look, I said I can reprogramme them to be completely harmless.
                      (John shakes his head.)
                      SHEPPARD: I am not having this conversation until you’re sure. I wanna save Elizabeth as much as anyone, but she wouldn’t want us risking the city, not even for her.
                      (Rodney looks at Jennifer sadly, knowing that John is right. After a moment, he starts to type again. Radek walks over to John and puts his hand on his shoulder to indicate that he’s ready to go. The two of them walk into a transporter.)
                      ZELENKA: That was the right call, by the way.
                      SHEPPARD: Yeah, let’s hope so.
                      (Radek pushes the wallscreen and the transporter doors close.)
                      (Adrift)

72. *Rodney, Ford and Teyla leave. Weir goes to leave, but stops and turns back.*
                      WEIR: You weren’t really going to say that, were you?
                      SHEPPARD: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
                      WEIR: I didn’t think so.
                      *Weir leaves and Sheppard lays back to try and sleep.* (38 minutes)

Spoiler:
                      TECHNICIAN: We received word from Daedalus. They said they should be back to Atlantis by nineteen hundred hours.
                      WEIR: They called the search off?
                      TECHNICIAN: They said there was nothing to search for.
                      (The two of them gaze at each other for a moment. Finally Elizabeth nods.)
                      WEIR: Thank you.
                      (The technician nods and walks away. Elizabeth stares after him in shock for a moment, then turns to walk back into her office. Before she can get there, the Gate starts to dial in and alarms sound.)
                      TECHNICIAN: Offworld activation!
                      (Elizabeth turns, a look of determined hope on her face, and heads into the Control Room.)
                      WEIR: Who is it?
                      TECHNICIAN: We have an I.D.C. (He smiles.) It's Colonel Sheppard's code!
                      WEIR: Let 'em in! (She runs for the stairs.)
                      (Grinning, the technician rolls his chair across to the console and hits the panel to lower the shield. As Elizabeth trots down the stairs, Ronon, John and Teyla stroll through the Gate, John making a placatory gesture to the two marines standing either side of the Gate with their weapons raised. Elizabeth runs across the Gateroom floor to meet the three of them.)
                      SHEPPARD: Sorry we're late.
                      (Elizabeth smiles delightedly at them.)(The Hive)

74. SHEPPARD: It's not like this hasn't happened before. The other Elizabeth got infected by those little nanite things and we figured out how to stop ‘em somehow. Maybe we can do the same for you.
                      WEIR: So we wouldn't be a security threat?
                      SHEPPARD (awkwardly): You can contribute. Things'll just be ... different.
                      (Elizabeth sighs and shakes her head ruefully.)
                      WEIR: That's not really the issue, John. I guess what really bothers me is just knowing that you and the others will always consider me less than what I really am.
                      (A deep humming sound begins but John and Elizabeth don't notice it.)
                      SHEPPARD: That's not true.
                      WEIR: Of course it is – and I don't blame you.
                      (This Mortal Coil)

75.McKAY: Ah. (They start to walk out of the room.) Now, is Sheppard still bugging you to let him use the ascension device to turn himself into some kind of a superhero?
                      WEIR: Oh yes.
                      McKAY: Despite the fact that the Ancient database states that its effects on people are wildly unpredictable and that I’m just lucky I wasn’t instantly melted down into a pool of protoplasm.
                      WEIR: Yes.
                      McKAY: Yes. Well, maybe you should let him.
                      WEIR: I think not.
                      (Tao of Rodney)

76. WEIR: One of the biggest things that holds people back is that somewhere deep down they believe they're not deserving. *You* have to ... release your burden.
                      (Tao of Rodney)

77.(Elizabeth gets off the bed and faces John.)
                      WEIR: And I assume *you* have come to the Infirmary in order to have
                      your head examined.
                      SHEPPARD: Hey, I pulled it off, didn't I?
                      (The Ark)

78. for length
                      Spoiler:
                      ATLANTIS. GATE ROOM. Elizabeth meets with Major Lorne, who has just returned through the Stargate with his team.
                      WEIR: You're back early.
                      LORNE: Uh, Jenev is kind of a closed society. Very polite, and very courteous, but completely uninterested in having anything to do with us.
                      WEIR: Well, better that than hostile, I suppose. (She stops and turns to face Lorne.) Colonel Sheppard's team, three hours overdue.
                      LORNE (smiling): Wouldn't be the first time. Any radio contact?
                      WEIR: None since they left.
                      LORNE: Well, you know those guys.
                      WEIR: What do I know about those guys?
                      LORNE: Just that they tend to get all caught up in whatever it is they're doing, and sometimes they don't check in. They forget how much you worry. (Elizabeth looks at him.) ... That we worry -- collectively, I mean.
                      WEIR: Yes, we do.
                      LORNE (looking embarrassed): Yeah. We do. (He half-grimaces/half-smiles, then turns to his team.) OK, you guys, it looks like we're headin' back out.
                      WEIR (smiling): Thank you, Major.
                      LORNE: You're welcome.
                      (The Lost Boys)

79. HERMIOD: I have them on my screens. (A computer image of the two gliders comes up on the screen.) The computer-controlled ship is preparing to fire.
                      SHEPPARD: Alright -- we're just gonna tap on the brakes here.
                      (He pulls a lever back and he and Rodney shoot forward in their seats as the F-302 decelerates rapidly. The virus ship flashes past underneath them. Rodney gulps, trying not to be sick. In Engineering, Elizabeth and Hermiod watch the ships change position.)
                      WEIR: Nice move!
                      (The Intruder)

80. O'NEILL: Oh. Don't you have a dozen or so people already who can use the Ancient technology?
                      WEIR: Yeah, with concentration and training they can make it work, but John Sheppard, he does it naturally.

81. For size (Intruder)

Spoiler:
                      CALDWELL: Of course a corresponding increase in military presence would also be prudent.
                      WEIR: I agree. That's why I wanted Major Sheppard to come back with me. In fact, I brought *all* my senior staff back. I think it's only fair that they participate in the selection process of the new personnel in their respective departments.
                      LANDRY: That's kind of what we wanted to talk to you about. In your report, you singled Major Sheppard out for a lot of credit.
                      WEIR: That's right.
                      LANDRY: You were also candid enough to document several occasions on which you and the Major didn't exactly see eye to eye. In particular, there was an incident involving an alien nanovirus in which Major Sheppard directly disobeyed one of your orders.
                      WEIR: He also saved a lot of lives that day.
                      LANDRY: The Major's courage and ingenuity are not in question here.
                      His ability to follow the proper chain of command *is*.
                      WEIR: I'm not military, General.
                      CALDWELL: But you are the leader of the expedition.
                      LANDRY: You see, Doctor, from our point of view, Major Sheppard's independent nature poses a bit of a problem. If he could disobey *you*, he may see fit to do the same to the new commander of the military contingent on Atlantis.
                      WEIR: Excuse me? When did this happen?
                      LANDRY: Of course, the decision hasn't been made yet – but we do have a candidate in mind. (He looks at Caldwell, who tilts his head at Elizabeth.)
                      WEIR: Atlantis *has* a military commander.
                      LANDRY: You *had* a military commander – Colonel Sumner. When he was killed, Major Sheppard correctly assumed the position until a proper replacement could be brought in.
                      CALDWELL: Doctor, you can't be suggesting that a mission of this importance be trusted to a Major, and one with a questionable record at that.
                      WEIR: Major Sheppard's record before he joined my team doesn't concern me. All I can tell you is that if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be sitting here right now. And as for his rank, if that's not good enough for you, you're just gonna have to promote him.
                      LANDRY: Doctor ...
                      WEIR (interrupting as she stands up): I shouldn't have to remind you gentlemen that I continue to have the support of the President and our foreign allies. (She smiles sweetly at Landry.) You don't wanna fight me on this one.
                      (She leaves the room. Landry smiles ruefully at Caldwell.)

82. (John comes racing out of the woods and hurls himself onto the Beast's back. The Beast phases out and John crashes to the ground. Elizabeth runs to him as Carson runs to check out Ronon and Rodney checks Teyla. Carson picks up Ronon's sword and stabs it point down into the ground, then helps Ronon to his feet.)
                      SHEPPARD (getting to his feet): What the hell took you so long?!
                      WEIR: Believe it or not, you were only gone a couple of hours.
                      SHEPPARD: Try six months!
                      (Epiphany)

83. SHEPPARD: Doctor, this is why you brought me here.
                      (Rising, Part 2)

84. SHEPPARD: We know you're working for The Trust, (he pulls a pistol out of a holster on his leg and cocks the gun, though he doesn't raise it yet) so give us the code.
                      (Caldwell looks at them for a moment, then his eyes flash. He's a Goa'uld. Now John raises his pistol and aims it at him. Elizabeth takes a couple of steps backwards.)
                      WEIR: Oh, my God!
                      CALDWELL (smugly, in the dual voice of a Goa'uld): I will never give you that code.
                      (John looks round at Elizabeth. She looks back at him for a moment, then turns and leaves the room. John continues to hold his pistol on Caldwell.)
                      (Critical Mass)
                      Sparky eye!sex. They don't even have to say a word.

85. SHEPPARD (to Elizabeth): This is what I do when I have problems with my laptop. I turn it off, and then I turn it on again.
                      WEIR: I think this is a little bit more complicated than that.
                      SHEPPARD: I'm just saying that if we're taking a page from the John Sheppard Book of Computer Repair, we're really desperate.
                      (The Intruder)

86. ATLANTIS CONTROL ROOM.
                      WEIR (into comms): Major, this is Weir. We didn't copy that. You're breaking up.
                      SHEPPARD (over comms): I said there's ... (static) ... ermanence headed right ... (static) ... the weather forecasting.
                      WEIR (to the tech sitting at the control panel): Did he just say "weather forecasting?!"
                      (The Storm)

87. ALT-WEIR: Enjoy the moment -- what's here right now. The sun, the breeze ... our birthday!
                      WEIR: Sheppard couldn't keep it to himself, huh?!
                      (Before I Sleep)

88. KOLYA: #Dr. Weir was just one in a long line wasn’t she, Sheppard? Just another one that…slipped through your fingers. Cut scene Remnants

89. (John walks over to the gurney.)
                      SHEPPARD: Elizabeth? Is she gonna be OK?
                      KELLER: I don't know yet. She took quite a fall and her pupils are sluggish. I'm gonna have to get her under a scanner. I'll know more in a bit

The way he said his line is so Sparky.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ncc-72452: I don't remember see your fics on Command dynamics. I would love to read them. You have really ( I have to find an other word. I always say "really" lol) good ideas.
                        Now that I said what I want to say , I go back read your stories.lol
                        *blushes*

Yup! We should totally be the ones making the show instead of TPTW!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yup! We should totally be the ones making the show instead of TPTW!
                          Couldn't agree more

Oh, to give you an idea on how I'm changing my fic. Something I first wrote out compactly in 5 sentences is now fully detailed in almost two pages... gonna make the 40.000 easy like this
                          I was afraid it would be boring, but it's totally not

Sig by me

Comment

Hey Sparkies! Do you know what time it is?

T-minus 24 hours to Tao of Rodney and The Game!

Set your watches, everyone!

Comment

Hey Sparkies! Do you know what time it is?

T-minus 24 hours to Tao of Rodney and The Game!

Set your watches, everyone!
                              Yay!! Tao is so much fun
                              And it's been so long since I watched the game... totally looking forward to tomorrow

Sig by me

Comment

Yay!! Tao is so much fun
                                And it's been so long since I watched the game... totally looking forward to tomorrow
                                Tell me about it! I'd probably better lay off the candy now, 'cause I'm gonna be on such a crackalicious sugar high after watching those two!

Comment

Working...
                                X