No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

yunadax! Your little ficlet is awesome! *squees and pets poor sad John*

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I have a question. Yesterday was the "ansgt day". Each day of the week has a theme?
    Yup!

Monday - Canon Day
    Tuesday - Eye!sex/Smut Day
    Wednesday - Angst/Drama Day
    Thursday - Fluff Day
    Friday - Pretty Day
    Saturday - Sparky!Family Day
    Sunday - Lazy Day

And the 18th of every month (chosen because the original air date for The Real World was on August 18, 2006) is Sparky Day, when we celebrate ALL things Sparky!

SK:I agree with you. It’s not “over” for Weir.
    Oh another question. lol
    And if they speak of Weir in the movie and kill her. How will you react? It would be a (horrible) "end" for Weir but it would be a clear conclusion for the Weir arc. Even if I don't want to see her die. I love this character. OMG this is so sad.
    They won't kill her. Why? Because we've already seen (or heard of after the fact) a version of Weir die FIVE TIMES over the course of the series.

1 - Old Weir from Before I Sleep.
    2 - Adrift. Her heart stopped and she was flatlined before Keller resuscitated her, so it counts.
    3 - Lifeline. Or so it was claimed by Repli!Keller in TMC and FRANibeth in GitM.
    4 - Clone!Weir (along with the rest of the Clone!Team) in This Mortal Coil.
    5 -
    Spoiler:
    FRANibeth in Ghost in the Machine. Of course, we've seen a spaced Replicator successfully defrosted and reactivated before (Niam in The Return), so the jury's still out on that...

At this point, killing Weir again would be counter-productive. It's like 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' or 'Chicken Little'; the audience won't believe it because they've seen it before and it turned out to not be true. The producers/writers would be better off letting Weir live and be successfully rescued. Now THAT would be different and grab the audience's attention.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

New videos found on the net. Maybe you have already seen them.
      The first two videos is a show of some fans at a convention front of and with the participation of some members of the cast. It's long but if you want to see only the Sparky moment it’s the second video. (4.37min).

Part one:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfl8uyP0Y4
      Part two:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dLOTcyPMBw
      *howls of laughter* Oh, that is just INSANE! LOL!

And Torri012, thanks for posting about the script... gotta love Julie Caitlin Brown!

Another video, but nothing to do with Sparky.
      Joe Flanigan gives his views on the end of SGA.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmK9Gh3EoHI
      Hah! He and Jason hated it! The video doesn't lie!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *howls of laughter* Oh, that is just INSANE! LOL!

And Torri012, thanks for posting about the script... gotta love Julie Caitlin Brown!

Hah! He and Jason hated it! The video doesn't lie!
        I'll pass for an idiot but who is Julie Caitlin Brown. I know that it's the woman in the video but has she something to do with Stargate?

And yes, they hate it. We have a proof.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

yunadax! Your little ficlet is awesome! *squees and pets poor sad John*

Yup!

Monday - Canon Day
          Tuesday - Eye!sex/Smut Day
          Wednesday - Angst/Drama Day
          Thursday - Fluff Day
          Friday - Pretty Day
          Saturday - Sparky!Family Day
          Sunday - Lazy Day

And the 18th of every month (chosen because the original air date for The Real World was on August 18, 2006) is Sparky Day, when we celebrate ALL things Sparky!

They won't kill her. Why? Because we've already seen (or heard of after the fact) a version of Weir die FIVE TIMES over the course of the series.

1 - Old Weir from Before I Sleep.
          2 - Adrift. Her heart stopped and she was flatlined before Keller resuscitated her, so it counts.
          3 - Lifeline. Or so it was claimed by Repli!Keller in TMC and FRANibeth in GitM.
          4 - Clone!Weir (along with the rest of the Clone!Team) in This Mortal Coil.
          5 -
          Spoiler:
          FRANibeth in Ghost in the Machine. Of course, we've seen a spaced Replicator successfully defrosted and reactivated before (Niam in The Return), so the jury's still out on that...

At this point, killing Weir again would be counter-productive. It's like 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' or 'Chicken Little'; the audience won't believe it because they've seen it before and it turned out to not be true. The producers/writers would be better off letting Weir live and be successfully rescued. Now THAT would be different and grab the audience's attention.
          Five times...too much for only one character.

My question was not a provocation but just know what you might think. I agree that if they kill Weir (again) this would be counter-productive but hey, we are talking about people who have taken a lot of bad decisions.
          My question doesn't have to be raised because we know they will never bring back Weir.

4000 pages.....
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I'll pass for an idiot but who is Julie Caitlin Brown. I know that it's the woman in the video but has she something to do with Stargate?

And yes, they hate it. We have a proof.
            Julie Caitlin Brown played Na'Toth in Babylon 5 and has appeared a couple of times in Star Trek (TNG and DS9), as well as other non-scifi shows.

Five times...too much for only one character.

My question was not a provocation but just know what you might think. I agree that if they kill Weir (again) this would be counter-productive but hey, we are talking about people who have taken a lot of bad decisions.
            My question doesn't have to be raised because we know they will never bring back Weir.
            Exactly. They're not going to bring her back. They've put too much effort into shoving her under the rug and pretending that she never existed.

But it still felt good to write up that little manifesto on Why Killing Elizabeth Weir, AGAIN, Is A Stupid Idea.

4000 pages.....
            And 20 more posts to 80,000!

Comment

WOOHOO!!!!! Go Sparkies! :: hugs all 4000 pages of sparky Goodness::

Today is Pretty Day (well here in Aus its Friday.. thus.. pretty day)... anyone got a prompt for me for Pretty Day???

Sidenote - that script was hilarious... funny funny funny.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                Erin you are so talented with your drawings.. I wish I were as clever as you!

my muse needs inspiring.. anyone got an idea for me?
                Thanks so much!

And the finished unbeta'ed...

Spoiler:
                <spaceyspace>
                Oh, that was so wonderfully angsty! Poor, poor John...

New videos found on the net. Maybe you have already seen them.
                The first two videos is a show of some fans at a convention front of and with the participation of some members of the cast. It's long but if you want to see only the Sparky moment it’s the second video. (4.37min).

Part one:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfl8uyP0Y4
                Part two:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dLOTcyPMBw

Another video, but nothing to do with Sparky.
                Joe Flanigan gives his views on the end of SGA.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmK9Gh3EoHI
                HA! That was so funny! I didn't expect just how Liz was going to play into it, definitely didnt' expect that at all. But soooo hilarious.

And I found Jason and Joe's reactions very interesting. Hehehe...

Exactly. They're not going to bring her back. They've put too much effort into shoving her under the rug and pretending that she never existed.

But it still felt good to write up that little manifesto on Why Killing Elizabeth Weir, AGAIN, Is A Stupid Idea.

And 20 more posts to 80,000!
                *sigh* You're right. They won't.
                But I did like your 'Why it's a Stupid Idea' reasons. You're right again. The only way they're going to really settle Elizabeth's character for good is to bring her back. No death they come up with is going to feel final, just more of the same. (Five times? Sounds like she's giving Daniel a run for his money ) They should realize this. *another sigh* But they won't.
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

And yay! 4000!
                  sigpic

Comment

:: yawns:: 14 more posts... and counting....

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      *sigh* You're right. They won't.
                      But I did like your 'Why it's a Stupid Idea' reasons. You're right again. The only way they're going to really settle Elizabeth's character for good is to bring her back. No death they come up with is going to feel final, just more of the same. (Five times? Sounds like she's giving Daniel a run for his money ) They should realize this. *another sigh* But they won't.
                      It sure does, doesn't it? Yet another reason why if there's any SG-1 character that Elizabeth can be realistically compared to, it's Daniel (not Hammond, as a couple of the producers have tried to claim... clearly, they haven't got a clue what they're talking about!).

Comment

Congrats on 4000 pages!
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

It sure does, doesn't it? Yet another reason why if there's any SG-1 character that Elizabeth can be realistically compared to, it's Daniel (not Hammond, as a couple of the producers have tried to claim... clearly, they haven't got a clue what they're talking about!).
                          LOL - so true!

they both have been killed more times than one can count
                          they both have an affinity to languages
                          they both push for the negotiation/talking solutions to conflict rather than blowing things up.

Comment

LOL - so true!

they both have been killed more times than one can count
                            they both have an affinity to languages
                            they both push for the negotiation/talking solutions to conflict rather than blowing things up.
                            Hah! Seriously, they're like psychic Siamese twins or something!

Comment

Hah! Seriously, they're like psychic Siamese twins or something!
                              LOL! Yeah, maybe they're secretly brother and sister, but just got separated at birth or something. Now that would be an interesting twist...
                              sigpic

Comment

T minus 8 posts.. SQUEE!

Comment

Working...
                                X