Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Thank you for the link SK. This fic is fantastic. I'm jealous because I would write as Anuna and as you all.
    Wow, thank you so much! (and SH, thank you for the rec). I want to say to you, I'm just LOVING your researches, you always bring us something new and beautiful Why don't you try to write? It's not that hard. Also, I'm not a native English speaker either.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

People, are you aware we're nearing 80 000th post?!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by anuna View Post
        people, are you aware we're nearing 80 000th post?!
        yeehaaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
          A snipplet...

Spoiler:
          It's something in her poise, the way she holds herself, the way she moves that tells him she's in pain. She hides it well, he'll give her that, and if he hadn't been watching her carefully, he too would have missed the tiny signs that gave her discomfort away. There's a rigidity to her stance, her muscles a little too taunt and a ghost of haze in her eyes, the irises a little too small and darker than usual. He can tell she's hurting.. and tries to remain close.

He shadows her as much as he can, almost like a protective dog guarding its wounded master. He's pulled away as Rodney tries to find a reference to the word 'Adaris' that Elizabeth had managed to deciper from the garbled message they'd recorded from the whales. His heart clenches every moment he was away from her, knowing she would be fighting her own battle with the pain and dizziness that seemed to be plaging the Atlantis teams as a result of the whales attempt to communicate. His own head was ringing, his ears still aching from the encounter while 'Sam and Co' beforehand, but Beckett had him on a cocktail of painkillers that seemed to be keeping the worst at bay. Unfortunately their medical supplies were limited, so the majority of the staff were on regular strong painkillers. He knew Elizabeth would either have hers still in her pocket, or would have offered them to someone she felt more in need than herself. Her generosity was a blessing and a curse sometime.
          Ooooh, I am loving this!
          Spoiler:
          The image of John as a guard dog watching over Lizzie is so fitting because he's always watching over her. As is his knowing that sometimes she needs to be protected from herself. Awesome!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            People, are you aware we're nearing 80 000th post?!
            I've already got the champagne on ice and some tasty gourmet canapes ready to munch on!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I can't believe we're nearing the 80,000th post mark, this is soo awsome

But are you also aware we are nearing our 4,000th page!?
              Oh happy day, or should I say, Oh happy week

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
                I can't believe we're nearing the 80,000th post mark, this is soo awsome

But are you also aware we are nearing our 4,000th page!?
                Oh happy day, or should I say, Oh happy week
                *takes a look* So we are!

SPARKIES ROCK!!!

Comment

Yes we DO!

Comment

80 000 posts and 4000 pages? Wow!!! Awesome!!
                    Sparky for the win!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

OK.. finished Not beta'ed (none of my stuff ever is.. I'm so lazy.)

Echoes of Perception

Spoiler:
                      It was something in her poise, the way she holds herself, the way she moved that told him she's in pain. She hid it well, he'd give her that, and if he hadn't been watching her carefully, he too would have missed the tiny signs that gave her discomfort away. There's a rigidity to her stance, her muscles a little too taunt and a ghost of haze in her eyes, the irises a little too small and darker than usual. He could tell she's hurting… and tried to remain close.

He shadowed her as much as he can, almost like a protective dog guarding its wounded master. He was pulled away as Rodney tries to find a reference to the word 'Adaris' that Elizabeth had managed to decipher from the garbled message they'd recorded from the whales. His heart clenched every moment he was away from her, knowing she would be fighting her own battle with the pain and dizziness that seemed to be plaguing the Atlantis teams as a result of the whales attempt to communicate. His own head rang, and his ears still ached from the encounter while 'Sam and Co' beforehand, but Beckett had him on a cocktail of painkillers that seemed to be keeping the worst at bay. Unfortunately their medical supplies were limited, so the majority of the staff were on regular strong painkillers. He knew Elizabeth would either have hers still in her pocket, or would have offered them to someone she felt more in need than herself. Her generosity was a blessing and a curse sometime.

" Got it!" Rodney shouted, his loud voice overcompensating for his still somewhat deafness. John winced but pushed forward, leaning over Rodney's shoulder to read the screen. The Adaris was an Ancient ship... near the system's sun when a coronal ejection occured.

" Oh no...." Rodney mumbled as the same time John's guts bottomed out and started withering in angst inside him. The screen showed an image of the ejection 15,000 years ago, and already knowing what he was going to see Rodney pulled up a current image of the systems sun, scanning for the same sort of projection. Just as he expected there was a CMU forming as they spoke.

" Crap, we gotta tell Elizabeth" John said as he all but pulled Rodney out of his chair, headed at a run towards the control room.

As they puffed and panted into the large control room they were confronted with Elizabeth trying to explain the situation to Colonel Caldwell, who seemed more willing to blow the whales out of the water than trying to understand why they were there. Elizabeth terminated the communication with an angry sigh, turning her attention to Rodney and John as they entered and visibly softening her dark look. Seeing they had her full attention they tag-teamed the explanation as to what happened to the Adaris, and how royally screwed the were now that the same thing was happening now. He noted she was pinching the bridge of her nose, trying to ease the pressure that all of them were suffering. Not a good sign in the 'how is Elizabeth coping' scale.

Rodney scrambled up from his chair and over to the viewscreen, madly tapping in a sequence of instructions that brought the coronal ejection up on the big screen, making it somewhat easier to explain and show the utter screwedness in full living colour.

John moved a little closer to Elizabeth, seeing the colour drain from her face as the ideas about evacuation and defence options were tossed around the small group. She wavered inperceptively as she leaned against the consol behind her, using the solid structure for support as she tried to fight through the darkness that threatened to overtake her. A look of panic crosses her face, her eyes darting this way and that as if to try and understand this new sensation coursing through her body, she pushed away from the consol towards John, a last ditch effort to remain upright perhaps but started to crumple as her knees gave out, sending her spinning towards the floor as her eyes rolled inwards.

John's concern skyrocketed as he saw the look in her eyes seconds before she fell, only barely able to catch her and ease her gently to the floor before her head would have connected with it. There was blood trickling from her ears, running down towards her neck before beginning to drip slowly to the floor. John's heart raced, ignoring the gasps of shock as the rest of the control room sees their infallible leader unconscious on the floor.

With a shaking hand John pressed two fingers to the side of her neck, feeling for the flutter of a pulse that would indicate she was alive. She had to be alive, the alternative was not something he was going to even contemplate right now. There's a soft thready rhythm beneath his trembling fingers and he released the breath he'd been holding.

" Elizabeth... Elizabeth! Can you hear me?" He called, tapping her cheek lightly to see if he could rouse her. He waited for a few moments, searching her face for any sign of wakefulness, and seeing none, scooped her up into his arms and bolted for the infirmary. He didn’t notice the small pool of blood beneath where her head had been laying, nor how Rodney and Radek’s eyes wee unable to leave the crimson stain.

The walk wasn't a long one, but to John it seemed to drag into eternity. The crowded corridors seemed to part before him as he quickly strode through them, as though they sensed his desperation and urgency. Either that or they weren't game enough to stand in the way of the man carrying their deathly still boss towards medical aid.

" Beckett!" John barked as her finally made it to the infirmary, Elizabeth still pale and unconscious in his arms. Carson's head snapped up at the sound and he can't help a gasp as he saw his boss.

" Elizabeth?" He stuttered, almost not believing his own eyes? He scuttled over as John lay her on the nearest vacant bed, pulling the blood coated headset out of her ear and tossing it to the nearby tray.

" Damnit" Carson muttered as he tried to rouse Elizabeth, only to end in failure. He pulled on his stethoscope and checked her heartbeat, finding it thready and faint, but still there for the moment.

" John, I need some space" Carson said gently, elbowing John out of the way so he could work better on the city's leader. Grabbing a tray he deftly hooked up an IV line and injected a strong cocktail of painkillers and medication to reduce brain swelling into port at the top of the saline bag.

John refused to take his eyes of Elizabeth as Carson worked, as though keeping his attention fixed on her would help her recover. Thankfully Ronon piped up from Teyla's bedside, asking if John had a plan. It seemed to break John's mindset just for a moment, causing him to look up.

" Sure" He replied without conviction, and was then all but dragged out of the room by Ronon. Beckett breathed a sigh of relief as the men vanished, meaning he could once again work without having to step around worried friends. He only hoped John and Ronon actually found a way to deal with the problem before more people died.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                        OK.. finished Not beta'ed (none of my stuff ever is.. I'm so lazy.)

Echoes of Perception

Spoiler:
                        It was something in her poise, the way she holds herself, the way she moved that told him she's in pain. She hid it well, he'd give her that, and if he hadn't been watching her carefully, he too would have missed the tiny signs that gave her discomfort away. There's a rigidity to her stance, her muscles a little too taunt and a ghost of haze in her eyes, the irises a little too small and darker than usual. He could tell she's hurting… and tried to remain close.

He shadowed her as much as he can, almost like a protective dog guarding its wounded master. He was pulled away as Rodney tries to find a reference to the word 'Adaris' that Elizabeth had managed to decipher from the garbled message they'd recorded from the whales. His heart clenched every moment he was away from her, knowing she would be fighting her own battle with the pain and dizziness that seemed to be plaguing the Atlantis teams as a result of the whales attempt to communicate. His own head rang, and his ears still ached from the encounter while 'Sam and Co' beforehand, but Beckett had him on a cocktail of painkillers that seemed to be keeping the worst at bay. Unfortunately their medical supplies were limited, so the majority of the staff were on regular strong painkillers. He knew Elizabeth would either have hers still in her pocket, or would have offered them to someone she felt more in need than herself. Her generosity was a blessing and a curse sometime.

" Got it!" Rodney shouted, his loud voice overcompensating for his still somewhat deafness. John winced but pushed forward, leaning over Rodney's shoulder to read the screen. The Adaris was an Ancient ship... near the system's sun when a coronal ejection occured.

" Oh no...." Rodney mumbled as the same time John's guts bottomed out and started withering in angst inside him. The screen showed an image of the ejection 15,000 years ago, and already knowing what he was going to see Rodney pulled up a current image of the systems sun, scanning for the same sort of projection. Just as he expected there was a CMU forming as they spoke.

" Crap, we gotta tell Elizabeth" John said as he all but pulled Rodney out of his chair, headed at a run towards the control room.

As they puffed and panted into the large control room they were confronted with Elizabeth trying to explain the situation to Colonel Caldwell, who seemed more willing to blow the whales out of the water than trying to understand why they were there. Elizabeth terminated the communication with an angry sigh, turning her attention to Rodney and John as they entered and visibly softening her dark look. Seeing they had her full attention they tag-teamed the explanation as to what happened to the Adaris, and how royally screwed the were now that the same thing was happening now. He noted she was pinching the bridge of her nose, trying to ease the pressure that all of them were suffering. Not a good sign in the 'how is Elizabeth coping' scale.

Rodney scrambled up from his chair and over to the viewscreen, madly tapping in a sequence of instructions that brought the coronal ejection up on the big screen, making it somewhat easier to explain and show the utter screwedness in full living colour.

John moved a little closer to Elizabeth, seeing the colour drain from her face as the ideas about evacuation and defence options were tossed around the small group. She wavered inperceptively as she leaned against the consol behind her, using the solid structure for support as she tried to fight through the darkness that threatened to overtake her. A look of panic crosses her face, her eyes darting this way and that as if to try and understand this new sensation coursing through her body, she pushed away from the consol towards John, a last ditch effort to remain upright perhaps but started to crumple as her knees gave out, sending her spinning towards the floor as her eyes rolled inwards.

John's concern skyrocketed as he saw the look in her eyes seconds before she fell, only barely able to catch her and ease her gently to the floor before her head would have connected with it. There was blood trickling from her ears, running down towards her neck before beginning to drip slowly to the floor. John's heart raced, ignoring the gasps of shock as the rest of the control room sees their infallible leader unconscious on the floor.

With a shaking hand John pressed two fingers to the side of her neck, feeling for the flutter of a pulse that would indicate she was alive. She had to be alive, the alternative was not something he was going to even contemplate right now. There's a soft thready rhythm beneath his trembling fingers and he released the breath he'd been holding.

" Elizabeth... Elizabeth! Can you hear me?" He called, tapping her cheek lightly to see if he could rouse her. He waited for a few moments, searching her face for any sign of wakefulness, and seeing none, scooped her up into his arms and bolted for the infirmary. He didn’t notice the small pool of blood beneath where her head had been laying, nor how Rodney and Radek’s eyes wee unable to leave the crimson stain.

The walk wasn't a long one, but to John it seemed to drag into eternity. The crowded corridors seemed to part before him as he quickly strode through them, as though they sensed his desperation and urgency. Either that or they weren't game enough to stand in the way of the man carrying their deathly still boss towards medical aid.

" Beckett!" John barked as her finally made it to the infirmary, Elizabeth still pale and unconscious in his arms. Carson's head snapped up at the sound and he can't help a gasp as he saw his boss.

" Elizabeth?" He stuttered, almost not believing his own eyes? He scuttled over as John lay her on the nearest vacant bed, pulling the blood coated headset out of her ear and tossing it to the nearby tray.

" Damnit" Carson muttered as he tried to rouse Elizabeth, only to end in failure. He pulled on his stethoscope and checked her heartbeat, finding it thready and faint, but still there for the moment.

" John, I need some space" Carson said gently, elbowing John out of the way so he could work better on the city's leader. Grabbing a tray he deftly hooked up an IV line and injected a strong cocktail of painkillers and medication to reduce brain swelling into port at the top of the saline bag.

John refused to take his eyes of Elizabeth as Carson worked, as though keeping his attention fixed on her would help her recover. Thankfully Ronon piped up from Teyla's bedside, asking if John had a plan. It seemed to break John's mindset just for a moment, causing him to look up.

" Sure" He replied without conviction, and was then all but dragged out of the room by Ronon. Beckett breathed a sigh of relief as the men vanished, meaning he could once again work without having to step around worried friends. He only hoped John and Ronon actually found a way to deal with the problem before more people died.
                        Nicely done!! You described his feelings during the entire experience perfectly. You truly are the queen of the missing-scene fics!
                        All hail Yunadax, queen of the missing scene fic!!

Sig by me

Comment

ever since i saw star Trek XI and i saw that it was an
                          Spoiler:
                          alternate reality
                          i was thinking about what would it be like if they a movie like they did star trek with John still joining The Atlantis mission at the same time but what if keller never joined the program or Carson actually making it outta of the explosion alive cause right im starting to like how the writers of Trek XI and Abrahms did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Wow, thank you so much! (and SH, thank you for the rec). I want to say to you, I'm just LOVING your researches, you always bring us something new and beautiful Why don't you try to write? It's not that hard. Also, I'm not a native English speaker either.
                            I already wrote a fic. It was a challenge by a friend. She gave me a title and I had to invent the whole story from this title in 10min and in live on msn. To give you an overview, the title she gave me was "the race for Easter eggs”. It was the only indication. I wrote on House M.D. lol
                            But I haven’t much imagination and my English is not good enough to write in that language.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I promise to continue my research and try to bring you new things.
                              I just realized something. I could not see "Echoes" with you in two weeks because It will be the wedding of my sister. But I will be here for the next post-a-thon.
                              Yunadax: I agree with KR. you are the queen of missing scene.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                I promise to continue my research and try to bring you new things.
                                I just realized something. I could not see "Echoes" with you in two weeks because It will be the wedding of my sister. But I will be here for the next post-a-thon.
                                Yunadax: I agree with KR. you are the queen of missing scene.
                                Awwww thanks Probie and KR Glad you liked!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X