No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I head off to bed, a final contribution for the night...

Sparky quotes

1-40

41-59

60. (for length)
    Spoiler:

WEIR: How is Major Sheppard?
    SHEPPARD (grimacing in pain): I'm still here.
    WEIR: Hang in there, Major. We're working on the problem.
    SHEPPARD: I know you are. Listen, uh, I'd like to say something while I still can.
    WEIR: Don't! You're gonna get through this.
    (Sheppard smiles slightly.)
    SHEPPARD: If I was ... he wouldn't have let me go.
    WEIR: Who wouldn't have let you go?
    SHEPPARD: The Wraith.

FLASHBACK. On the Wraith planet, a Wraith guard approaches Sheppard and looks down at him. Sheppard is on his knees, unable to move, with the bug attached around his neck. The Wraith looks down at him for a moment, realises what has happened to him, turns and walks away.
    END FLASHBACK.

SHEPPARD: I guess he saw me as good as dead, ‘cause he just walked away, so ... (he clears his throat) what I wanted to say was ...
    WEIR: Save your strength, John, and tell me in person.
    SHEPPARD: This is important.
    (Weir sighs and closes her eyes.)
    WEIR: I'm listening.
    (As Sheppard opens his mouth, Ford has an idea.)
    (38 Min)

61. (for length)
    Spoiler:

WEIR: I'm glad to see you've been released from quarantine.
    SHEPPARD: Yeah. Well, I guess the nanites were too focussed on you to spread to me.
    WEIR: I now realise just how insidious they really are. (She shakes her head.) I mean, if such a small number of them could do that to me ...
    SHEPPARD: Let's just take it as a win right now.
    WEIR: Alright. Still, I can't believe I was only out for five hours.
    SHEPPARD: Felt longer, huh?
    WEIR: Yes. A lifetime.
    SHEPPARD: Well, it's good to have you back in the real world. ... At least, I think it's the real world ... I could be infected right now, which makes me the one ...
    WEIR: John ... don't.
    SHEPPARD: Sorry.
    (He smiles at her, then walks away. Elizabeth watches him go, then looks down at what she's holding, running her fingers over her father's pocket watch.)

62. BECKETT: Now, there are many aspects of human physiology that are quite useful: bipedal motion, opposable thumbs, large brain capacity ... but the human digestive system serves no purpose in the adult Wraith. So why have one at all?
    WEIR: Because they eat normal food when they're young?
    BECKETT: Exactly! Then at some point, they lose the ability to sustain themselves with that food.
    SHEPPARD: So it's a teenage thing? Pimples, rebellion, life-sucking?
    [Weir is wearing her ‘must you always joke?' face, then smiles slightly at Sheppard before turning back to Beckett.
    (Instinct)

63. (Rodney, Ronon and Teyla leave the room. John walks closer to Elizabeth as the doors close. She tries to meet his gaze but then lowers her head in distress.)
    SHEPPARD: You’re gonna be OK, Elizabeth.
    (Elizabeth smiles briefly, then looks at him.)
    WEIR: Still, I would like all of you to keep a very close eye on me, and the first sign of any suspicious behaviour, do not hesitate with that kill-switch.
    SHEPPARD: OK, but that’s not gonna happen ...
    WEIR (sternly): John, I mean it.
    (They gaze at each other for a moment, then Elizabeth nods her head fractionally. Reluctantly, John nods back.) (Lifeline)

64. (for length - First Strike)
    Spoiler:
    [B]ATLANTIS. John runs over to meet with Elizabeth at the foot of the Gateroom stairs.
    SHEPPARD: Hey.
    WEIR: Hey.
    (John waits until an expedition member has walked down the stairs and there’s nobody nearby.)
    SHEPPARD: Colonel Ellis has asked me to join the mission.
    WEIR: I know.
    (They start to walk up the stairs.)
    SHEPPARD: I was gonna stay behind in a cloaked Jumper after they launch the warheads; do some battle damage assessment.
    WEIR: I know that too.
    SHEPPARD: He told me that you called Woolsey and General O’Neill and tried to get the whole thing called off.
    WEIR: Yes, I did.
    SHEPPARD: They didn’t bite.
    WEIR: They did not.
    SHEPPARD: Look, I know you think we’re doing the wrong thing here, but, uh ...
    WEIR: John ... (She stops and turns to face him. They look at each other for a long moment.) Good luck.
    (She turns and walks into her office. John turns away, uncomfortable at going ahead with a mission which his expedition leader and friend does not approve of.)
    (First Strike)

65. Last scene in The Tower
    Spoiler:
    ATLANTIS. GATEROOM EXTERNAL BALCONY. Elizabeth is standing gazing out over the ocean. John comes out to join her.
    SHEPPARD: We got the drones, we got a few Jumpers; I even got the girl.
    WEIR: You got the girl?!
    SHEPPARD: Well, I mean I could have got the girl. I turned her down.
    (Elizabeth smiles.)
    WEIR: What did you offer them in return for the drones and the Jumpers?
    SHEPPARD: A supply of medicines and an I.D.C. if they need to reach us. We also offered to help 'em come up with a new way of running things when the time comes.
    WEIR: They didn't offer you King?!
    (John looks at her.)
    SHEPPARD: I turned that down too!
    (Elizabeth smiles at him for a moment, then they both look out over the ocean.)

66.(Elizabeth nods to him, and heads down into the Gateroom to join John.)
    WEIR: The Gate address'll be in the log. There's still a chance ...
    SHEPPARD: It doesn't matter where he goes. The second he gets to wherever he's going, he's gonna ditch the Jumper, turn around, and dial another address – one we can't trace.
    WEIR: We'll find him.
    SHEPPARD: Maybe.
    WEIR: Hey. At least we're still around to try.
    SHEPPARD: Yeah. (He walks away. Elizabeth turns and heads back up into the Control Room.)

67. ATLANTIS CONTROL ROOM. Elizabeth comes out of her office and walks over to a female technician.
    WEIR: Has Colonel Sheppard’s team returned?
    TECHNICIAN: Not yet.
    WEIR: Oh. They’re late. Have they dialled in the status update?
    TECHNICIAN: We’ve received no communication from them since they left.
    WEIR: OK, try to establish a radio link, find out what’s taking them so long; and I want a team standing by just in case they need assistance.
    TECHNICIAN: Right away.(Phantoms)

68.TEYLA: I am afraid I have made other plans.
    SHEPPARD: What other plans?
    TEYLA: Having lunch with Elizabeth.
    SHEPPARD: Well, you’ve still got time.
    TEYLA: ... Yes, true. However, I am afraid I have been quite delinquent in filing my mission reports. I had hoped to get caught up before I met with Elizabeth.
    (John smiles cynically at her, obviously not believing a word.)
    SHEPPARD: OK.
    TEYLA: If you would like, I could cancel ...
    SHEPPARD: No, no, no, no. She could use a little time out of the office. Some other time.
    TEYLA: Some other time. (Sunday)

69. (spoiler for space)
    Spoiler:
    SHEPPARD: You know, if Carson's right and you can hear me, I suppose I should say something profound. (He pauses for a long time.) OK, I'm not so good at profound, but you should know we're doing everything we can to get you through this.
    ELIZABETH'S HOUSE. Elizabeth walks into her bathroom, opens a bottle of pills and shakes a couple out into her hand. She looks up into the mirror, only to find that the reflection of her face is completely blank and featureless. Her eyes are just shallow depressions with skin over them, her eyebrows are gone, her nostrils are covered with skin and her mouth is missing altogether. She backs away in horror, putting her hands over her eyes and dropping the bottle of pills at the same time. The pills spill out all over the tiled floor. Gasping in terror, she reluctantly moves her hands, opens her eyes and looks into the mirror. Her face is back to normal.
    ATLANTIS INFIRMARY. John continues talking to Elizabeth.
    SHEPPARD: These, these nanites, I don't know what they're putting you through, I don't know what they're doing to you, but ... don't let ‘em get to you.
    ELIZABETH'S BATHROOM. Still breathing quickly from her fright, Elizabeth bends down to the floor to start picking up the pills.
    ATLANTIS INFIRMARY.
    SHEPPARD: We're doing everything we can to bring you back, but you've got to do your part. You've gotta fight this.
    ELIZABETH'S BATHROOM. Elizabeth picks up the pills and tosses them down the toilet. She opens a second bottle of pills, empties the contents into the toilet, then flushes it.
    (The Real World)

70. SHEPPARD: Best case scenario?
    McKAY: I win a Nobel Prize.
    SHEPPARD (smiling briefly): Worst case scenario?
    McKAY: We tear a hole in the fabric of the universe ... (John's face falls) ... which is much less likely to happen than the Nobel Prize. I mean, look, the risks are nothing compared to the potential benefits. Elizabeth will listen to you. I have never asked this of you before, but I think I've earned it. Trust me.
    (Trinity)

71. McKAY: Are you listening? Look, I said I can reprogramme them to be completely harmless.
    (John shakes his head.)
    SHEPPARD: I am not having this conversation until you’re sure. I wanna save Elizabeth as much as anyone, but she wouldn’t want us risking the city, not even for her.
    (Rodney looks at Jennifer sadly, knowing that John is right. After a moment, he starts to type again. Radek walks over to John and puts his hand on his shoulder to indicate that he’s ready to go. The two of them walk into a transporter.)
    ZELENKA: That was the right call, by the way.
    SHEPPARD: Yeah, let’s hope so.
    (Radek pushes the wallscreen and the transporter doors close.)

(Adrift)

Rodney wants to save Elizabeth, John knows Elizabeth wouldn't want to be saved like that, and Radek's acknowledging John as Elizabeth's husband, in spirit if not quite in name. Sparky is so canon, even when, especially when, it breaks our hearts.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Because off all the nice reviews I decided to give you the next part already...

Thanks for reading and lemme know your thoughts:

Spoiler:
      It seemed as though The Travelers knew Elizabeth was back in command as they made contact with Atlantis only a day later.
      She allowed two representatives to get down into the city and even though she asked for them to be unarmed, they refused too. Cam wasn’t happy that she told them it wasn’t a problem just as long as they didn’t mind that her people were armed too. Ronon and Cam were the ones who volunteered themselves to be her bodyguards.
      The two people who arrived in the city by a small aircraft - it was even smaller than the jumpers - introduced themselves as Jora and Bundu. Jora was a petite darkhaired woman, but she seemed competent enough to give even Ronon a beating. She was also obviously only there to serve as a guard for Bundu. He was a tall blonde man with clear blue eyes and a smile that could easily make every woman and some men in the room reduce to mere goo. Elizabeth could imagine he was able to talk many adversaries under the table by just using that smile. Luckily she had much more experience than that. It also helped that she wasn’t easily impressed.
      “So, you’ve taken one of our people. May I ask how we get him back?” Elizabeth had also always been someone to get straight to the point.
      “That’s easy.” Bundu said with a serious glint in his eyes. “The alliance between our people and your people was very pleasant before Mr. Woolsey showed up. He tried to change too much. He tried to make us look like fools. I don’t like allies who try to make us look like fools. We took him to show your people how incompetent he was. If you can assure me you are back in command, we are willing to deliver him to you and we are willing to talk about an alliance again.”
      “I would like that alliance to happen very much.” She assured him. “But I have to confess that my assignment here is only temporary. My husband is still on our home planet and as you can see, I am expecting a child in only a few months. I’m not sure my superiors would want to keep me in charge when I have a child to take care off and to be honest; I want to go back to my husband.”
      Buntu looked at Cam and Ronon. “Your husband is John Sheppard?”
      Elizabeth looked surprised for a second, but quickly hid it. She had never met this man before. How did he know who she was married too?
      He gave her a small smile. “My people brief me very well. They told me you and Colonel Sheppard are almost inseparable and move almost like one, so there must be a reason such a person isn’t here with you right now.”
      Returning the smile, she nodded. “He is my husband, yes. But he resigned his job here to be able to be with me. I’m not sure my superiors will allow him to return after that.”
      “So then you will return to him?”
      Elizabeth nodded. Being honest was always the best course of action because lies had the tendency to sneak up behind you and bite you in the ass.
      “We can’t allow that.” Bundu concluded. “If your superiors can’t assure us that you and Colonel Sheppard will resume your duties here, then we will be forced to kill that Mr. Woolsey and turn ourselves into your enemy.”
      “I’m sure that won’t be necessary.”
      Bundu raised his hands. “We have told you our demands and they are quite easy. Jora and I will return to our ship and we will contact you again in four dons.”
      Elizabeth remembered that a don was comparable to 38 minutes. She remembered John being not so pleased about that little detail. She nodded to Bundu. “I will list your demands to my superiors.”
      “Good.” Bundu and Jora raised themselves from their chairs. “Then I will hear you again in four dons. I hope the news will be good, because I would hate for our people to become enemies.”
      “So would I.” Elizabeth assured him.

It was raining when John Sheppard landed in La Guardia. He got into the first available taxi and asked the driver to take him to Lexington and 53th.
      Traffic was busy and the longer the taxi took, the more nervous John became. This was going to change his life. Not only his life, but Elizabeth’s life too and he was the one who had to make the decision. He had to decide for the both of them. For a moment he wondered what she would do. 'The right thing' is what shot through his mind and he knew it to be true. If she had been in his place, she would still have doubts about this. She would still be nervous, but she would do the right thing in the end and that was to say yes. He groaned and wiped his hand over his face. Would he be able to say yes to something this life-altering?
      The taxi soon arrived at its destination though and John paid the man and got out. Just half a block up and John entered the tall building that housed the law-office. They were big enough to be able to own an entire floor. John pushed the button to floor 11 and swallowed thickly when the elevator started its ascent.
      When the elevator stopped, John got out. He was greeted by a serious looking brunette behind a large marble counter.
      “Hi. My name is John Sheppard. I’m here to see Craig Down.”
      “Do you have an appointment?”
      John nodded. At least he had the sense to do that before his rapid leave.
      “Just one moment please.” The girl said and pointed to a comfortable looking couch.
      John nodded again and heavily fell into it.
      He was approached by an older looking man quite fast. “Mr. Sheppard?”
      John looked up. “Yeah.” His voice sounded hoarse and he slightly winced.
      “Hello. I’m Craig Down. Thank you for replying to our message so fast.”
      “Of course.”
      “Would you follow me please?”
      John got up and followed the man with heavy legs. No turning back now.

General Van Der Bild was not a happy man when he was contacted by Dr. Elizabeth Weir and she told him about the demands The Travelers had made.
      If there was one thing he wanted it was to keep John Sheppard away from Atlantis; especially after the man had resigned his commission for a woman. And not just for any woman, but his superior.
      But with the IOA breathing down his neck and the president being a big fan of Dr. Weir and the entire expedition, he knew he didn’t have much choice but to meet the demands. So he grudgingly told her they would contact Sheppard and give him the news that he was allowed to return to the Pegasus Galaxy and that she was allowed to keep her post of expedition leader.
      Bundu was exalted when he heard the news. Elizabeth just felt an incredible wave of relief wash through her. John would return to her; hopefully in time for the birth of heir son.

“So, have you thought about the last wishes of Ms. Sheppard?”
      “Not much else to do in the plane.” John tried to smile but it felt forced.
      “And what is your answer?”
      “I can’t…” John licked his lips. He was nervous and it was visible even to the lawyer sitting in front of him.
      “I know it’s a difficult decision, especially now that your wife is out of the country and you have to make it alone.”
      “Exactly. I want to say yes. Believe me, I do. I know it’s what my wife would want.”
      “But you still have doubts.”
      “Wouldn’t you?”
      “I think so, yes.” The man confessed.
      John took in a breath. “But I’ll do it; if only to honor the wishes of my brother and his wife… and if only for Angie’s sake.”
      Craig smiled. “Excellent. Then I just need you to sign these.”
      Definitely no turning back now…

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post

Spoiler:
        It seemed as though The Travelers knew Elizabeth was back in command as they made contact with Atlantis only a day later.
        She allowed two representatives to get down into the city and even though she asked for them to be unarmed, they refused too. Cam wasn’t happy that she told them it wasn’t a problem just as long as they didn’t mind that her people were armed too. Ronon and Cam were the ones who volunteered themselves to be her bodyguards.
        The two people who arrived in the city by a small aircraft - it was even smaller than the jumpers - introduced themselves as Jora and Bundu. Jora was a petite darkhaired woman, but she seemed competent enough to give even Ronon a beating. She was also obviously only there to serve as a guard for Bundu. He was a tall blonde man with clear blue eyes and a smile that could easily make every woman and some men in the room reduce to mere goo. Elizabeth could imagine he was able to talk many adversaries under the table by just using that smile. Luckily she had much more experience than that. It also helped that she wasn’t easily impressed.
        “So, you’ve taken one of our people. May I ask how we get him back?” Elizabeth had also always been someone to get straight to the point.
        “That’s easy.” Bundu said with a serious glint in his eyes. “The alliance between our people and your people was very pleasant before Mr. Woolsey showed up. He tried to change too much. He tried to make us look like fools. I don’t like allies who try to make us look like fools. We took him to show your people how incompetent he was. If you can assure me you are back in command, we are willing to deliver him to you and we are willing to talk about an alliance again.”
        “I would like that alliance to happen very much.” She assured him. “But I have to confess that my assignment here is only temporary. My husband is still on our home planet and as you can see, I am expecting a child in only a few months. I’m not sure my superiors would want to keep me in charge when I have a child to take care off and to be honest; I want to go back to my husband.”
        Elizabeth looked surprised for a second, but quickly hid it. She had never met this man before. How did he know who she was married too?
        He gave her a small smile. “My people brief me very well. They told me you and Colonel Sheppard are almost inseparable and move almost like one, so there must be a reason such a person isn’t here with you right now.”
        Returning the smile, she nodded. “He is my husband, yes. But he resigned his job here to be able to be with me. I’m not sure my superiors will allow him to return after that.”
        Elizabeth nodded. Being honest was always the best course of action because lies had the tendency to sneak up behind you and bite you in the ass.
        “We can’t allow that.” Bundu concluded. “If your superiors can’t assure us that you and Colonel Sheppard will resume your duties here, then we will be forced to kill that Mr. Woolsey and turn ourselves into your enemy.”
        Bundu raised his hands. “We have told you our demands and they are quite easy. Jora and I will return to our ship and we will contact you again in four dons.”
        Elizabeth remembered that a don was comparable to 38 minutes. She remembered John being not so pleased about that little detail. She nodded to Bundu. “I will list your demands to my superiors.”
        “Good.” Bundu and Jora raised themselves from their chairs. “Then I will hear you again in four dons. I hope the news will be good, because I would hate for our people to become enemies.”

It was raining when John Sheppard landed in La Guardia. He got into the first available taxi and asked the driver to take him to Lexington and 53th.
        Traffic was busy and the longer the taxi took, the more nervous John became. This was going to change his life. Not only his life, but Elizabeth’s life too and he was the one who had to make the decision. He had to decide for the both of them. For a moment he wondered what she would do. 'The right thing' is what shot through his mind and he knew it to be true. If she had been in his place, she would still have doubts about this. She would still be nervous, but she would do the right thing in the end and that was to say yes. He groaned and wiped his hand over his face. Would he be able to say yes to something this life-altering?
        The taxi soon arrived at its destination though and John paid the man and got out. Just half a block up and John entered the tall building that housed the law-office. They were big enough to be able to own an entire floor. John pushed the button to floor 11 and swallowed thickly when the elevator started its ascent.
        When the elevator stopped, John got out. He was greeted by a serious looking brunette behind a large marble counter.
        “Just one moment please.” The girl said and pointed to a comfortable looking couch.
        “Of course.”

General Van Der Bild was not a happy man when he was contacted by Dr. Elizabeth Weir and she told him about the demands The Travelers had made.
        If there was one thing he wanted it was to keep John Sheppard away from Atlantis; especially after the man had resigned his commission for a woman. And not just for any woman, but his superior.
        But with the IOA breathing down his neck and the president being a big fan of Dr. Weir and the entire expedition, he knew he didn’t have much choice but to meet the demands. So he grudgingly told her they would contact Sheppard and give him the news that he was allowed to return to the Pegasus Galaxy and that she was allowed to keep her post of expedition leader.
        Bundu was exalted when he heard the news. Elizabeth just felt an incredible wave of relief wash through her. John would return to her; hopefully in time for the birth of heir son.

“I can’t…” John licked his lips. He was nervous and it was visible even to the lawyer sitting in front of him.
        “I know it’s a difficult decision, especially now that your wife is out of the country and you have to make it alone.”
        “Exactly. I want to say yes. Believe me, I do. I know it’s what my wife would want.”
        “Wouldn’t you?”
        John took in a breath. “But I’ll do it; if only to honor the wishes of my brother and his wife… and if only for Angie’s sake.”

I will repeat myself again but....wow this is really great. Good idea for the "little project". I can't wait for the next part.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I need your help guys. It's not the good thread but...Yesterday I watched "Search and Rescue" (I like torture myself lol) with french subtitles and I have a problem. In the fisrt scene, Teyla says "Truly has been a hectic several weeks." (transcripts). This is translate like this in french "the husband that I accepted for several weeks".
          So there is an error of transcription or the translation in French is wrong?

EDIT- I find my answer. The translation is wrong. French are really stupid.lol
          My post is useless now.lol Don't read this please. It's bad souvenir for you.
          Last edited by Probie; 08 May 2009, 02:55 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Before I head off to bed, a final contribution for the night...

Sparky quotes

1-40

41-59

60. (for length)
            Spoiler:

SHEPPARD: I know you are. Listen, uh, I'd like to say something while I still can.

FLASHBACK. On the Wraith planet, a Wraith guard approaches Sheppard and looks down at him. Sheppard is on his knees, unable to move, with the bug attached around his neck. The Wraith looks down at him for a moment, realises what has happened to him, turns and walks away.
            END FLASHBACK.

SHEPPARD: I guess he saw me as good as dead, ‘cause he just walked away, so ... (he clears his throat) what I wanted to say was ...
            (38 Min)

61. (for length)
            Spoiler:

SHEPPARD: Yeah. Well, I guess the nanites were too focussed on you to spread to me.
            WEIR: I now realise just how insidious they really are. (She shakes her head.) I mean, if such a small number of them could do that to me ...
            SHEPPARD: Well, it's good to have you back in the real world. ... At least, I think it's the real world ... I could be infected right now, which makes me the one ...
            (He smiles at her, then walks away. Elizabeth watches him go, then looks down at what she's holding, running her fingers over her father's pocket watch.)

62. BECKETT: Now, there are many aspects of human physiology that are quite useful: bipedal motion, opposable thumbs, large brain capacity ... but the human digestive system serves no purpose in the adult Wraith. So why have one at all?
            BECKETT: Exactly! Then at some point, they lose the ability to sustain themselves with that food.
            [Weir is wearing her ‘must you always joke?' face, then smiles slightly at Sheppard before turning back to Beckett.
            (Instinct)

63. (Rodney, Ronon and Teyla leave the room. John walks closer to Elizabeth as the doors close. She tries to meet his gaze but then lowers her head in distress.)
            WEIR: Still, I would like all of you to keep a very close eye on me, and the first sign of any suspicious behaviour, do not hesitate with that kill-switch.
            (They gaze at each other for a moment, then Elizabeth nods her head fractionally. Reluctantly, John nods back.) (Lifeline)

Spoiler:
            [B]ATLANTIS. John runs over to meet with Elizabeth at the foot of the Gateroom stairs.
            (John waits until an expedition member has walked down the stairs and there’s nobody nearby.)
            SHEPPARD: I was gonna stay behind in a cloaked Jumper after they launch the warheads; do some battle damage assessment.
            SHEPPARD: He told me that you called Woolsey and General O’Neill and tried to get the whole thing called off.
            WEIR: John ... (She stops and turns to face him. They look at each other for a long moment.) Good luck.
            (She turns and walks into her office. John turns away, uncomfortable at going ahead with a mission which his expedition leader and friend does not approve of.)
            (First Strike)

Spoiler:
            ATLANTIS. GATEROOM EXTERNAL BALCONY. Elizabeth is standing gazing out over the ocean. John comes out to join her.
            (Elizabeth smiles.)
            SHEPPARD: A supply of medicines and an I.D.C. if they need to reach us. We also offered to help 'em come up with a new way of running things when the time comes.
            (John looks at her.)

SHEPPARD: It doesn't matter where he goes. The second he gets to wherever he's going, he's gonna ditch the Jumper, turn around, and dial another address – one we can't trace.
            SHEPPARD: Yeah. (He walks away. Elizabeth turns and heads back up into the Control Room.)

67. ATLANTIS CONTROL ROOM. Elizabeth comes out of her office and walks over to a female technician.
            WEIR: OK, try to establish a radio link, find out what’s taking them so long; and I want a team standing by just in case they need assistance.

TEYLA: ... Yes, true. However, I am afraid I have been quite delinquent in filing my mission reports. I had hoped to get caught up before I met with Elizabeth.
            SHEPPARD: No, no, no, no. She could use a little time out of the office. Some other time.

69. (spoiler for space)
            Spoiler:
            SHEPPARD: You know, if Carson's right and you can hear me, I suppose I should say something profound. (He pauses for a long time.) OK, I'm not so good at profound, but you should know we're doing everything we can to get you through this.
            ELIZABETH'S HOUSE. Elizabeth walks into her bathroom, opens a bottle of pills and shakes a couple out into her hand. She looks up into the mirror, only to find that the reflection of her face is completely blank and featureless. Her eyes are just shallow depressions with skin over them, her eyebrows are gone, her nostrils are covered with skin and her mouth is missing altogether. She backs away in horror, putting her hands over her eyes and dropping the bottle of pills at the same time. The pills spill out all over the tiled floor. Gasping in terror, she reluctantly moves her hands, opens her eyes and looks into the mirror. Her face is back to normal.
            SHEPPARD: These, these nanites, I don't know what they're putting you through, I don't know what they're doing to you, but ... don't let ‘em get to you.
            ELIZABETH'S BATHROOM. Still breathing quickly from her fright, Elizabeth bends down to the floor to start picking up the pills.
            ATLANTIS INFIRMARY.
            SHEPPARD: We're doing everything we can to bring you back, but you've got to do your part. You've gotta fight this.
            ELIZABETH'S BATHROOM. Elizabeth picks up the pills and tosses them down the toilet. She opens a second bottle of pills, empties the contents into the toilet, then flushes it.
            (The Real World)

McKAY: We tear a hole in the fabric of the universe ... (John's face falls) ... which is much less likely to happen than the Nobel Prize. I mean, look, the risks are nothing compared to the potential benefits. Elizabeth will listen to you. I have never asked this of you before, but I think I've earned it. Trust me.
            (Trinity)

71. McKAY: Are you listening? Look, I said I can reprogramme them to be completely harmless.
            (John shakes his head.)
            SHEPPARD: I am not having this conversation until you’re sure. I wanna save Elizabeth as much as anyone, but she wouldn’t want us risking the city, not even for her.
            (Rodney looks at Jennifer sadly, knowing that John is right. After a moment, he starts to type again. Radek walks over to John and puts his hand on his shoulder to indicate that he’s ready to go. The two of them walk into a transporter.)
            (Adrift)
            72. *Rodney, Ford and Teyla leave. Weir goes to leave, but stops and turns back.*
            WEIR: You weren’t really going to say that, were you?
            SHEPPARD: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
            WEIR: I didn’t think so.
            *Weir leaves and Sheppard lays back to try and sleep.*
            (38 minutes)
            sigpic

Comment

Sparky quotes

1-40

41-59

60. (for length)
              Spoiler:

END FLASHBACK.

(38 Min)

61. (for length)
              Spoiler:

(Instinct)

Spoiler:
              (First Strike)

Spoiler:
              (Elizabeth smiles.)
              (John looks at her.)

69. (spoiler for space)
              Spoiler:
              ATLANTIS INFIRMARY.
              (The Real World)

(Trinity)

(John shakes his head.)
              (Adrift)

Rodney wants to save Elizabeth, John knows Elizabeth wouldn't want to be saved like that, and Radek's acknowledging John as Elizabeth's husband, in spirit if not quite in name. Sparky is so canon, even when, especially when, it breaks our hearts.

72. *Rodney, Ford and Teyla leave. Weir goes to leave, but stops and turns back.*
              WEIR: You weren’t really going to say that, were you?
              SHEPPARD: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
              WEIR: I didn’t think so.
              *Weir leaves and Sheppard lays back to try and sleep.* (38 minutes)

Spoiler:
              TECHNICIAN: We received word from Daedalus. They said they should be back to Atlantis by nineteen hundred hours.
              WEIR: They called the search off?
              TECHNICIAN: They said there was nothing to search for.
              (The two of them gaze at each other for a moment. Finally Elizabeth nods.)
              WEIR: Thank you.
              (The technician nods and walks away. Elizabeth stares after him in shock for a moment, then turns to walk back into her office. Before she can get there, the Gate starts to dial in and alarms sound.)
              TECHNICIAN: Offworld activation!
              (Elizabeth turns, a look of determined hope on her face, and heads into the Control Room.)
              WEIR: Who is it?
              TECHNICIAN: We have an I.D.C. (He smiles.) It's Colonel Sheppard's code!
              WEIR: Let 'em in! (She runs for the stairs.)
              (Grinning, the technician rolls his chair across to the console and hits the panel to lower the shield. As Elizabeth trots down the stairs, Ronon, John and Teyla stroll through the Gate, John making a placatory gesture to the two marines standing either side of the Gate with their weapons raised. Elizabeth runs across the Gateroom floor to meet the three of them.)
              SHEPPARD: Sorry we're late.
              (Elizabeth smiles delightedly at them.)(The Hive)
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ok, I have a weird question for a fic: what's the name of a small closet with only drawers where you keep socks and underwear and stuff like that?

Sig by me

Comment

Ok, I have a weird question for a fic: what's the name of a small closet with only drawers where you keep socks and underwear and stuff like that?
                  A closet? Don't know. But we usually keep those things in a dresser or a chest of drawers. A dresser is usually about waist high and pretty long. A chest of drawers is tall and narrower. There is even something called a lingerie chest. This site might help.

BTW, I forgot to say I'm continuing to enjoy the story. If I forget again, you can assume I'm tapping my foot and waiting for the next part.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    A closet? Don't know. But we usually keep those things in a dresser or a chest of drawers. A dresser is usually about waist high and pretty long. A chest of drawers is tall and narrower. There is even something called a lingerie chest. This site might help.

BTW, I forgot to say I'm continuing to enjoy the story. If I forget again, you can assume I'm tapping my foot and waiting for the next part.
                    Dresser!! That's what I was looking for!! Thank you very much!!

I'll try to remember that

Sig by me

Comment

Do you plan to do a "post-a-thon" soon?
                      I would like to participate at least once.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty!Friday!

Post-a-thons! Good question! We'll resume our weekly post-a-thons tomorrow at our regular time of 2pm Pacific Time; as always, you'll need to do the math for your local timezone. This week, we'll be watching a single episode, Phantoms, so that next week, we can watch both parts of The Return without splitting them up.

T-minus 25 hours and 35 minutes!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

“Of course.”

“Wouldn’t you?”

Ahahaha! Damn, Larrin's trained her representatives well!

And take that, General Stick-Up-His-Butt! You've been PWNED!!!!

The 'little project'... Hmm, seems my instincts may have been right.

Looking forward to more!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty!Friday!

Post-a-thons! Good question! We'll resume our weekly post-a-thons tomorrow at our regular time of 2pm Pacific Time; as always, you'll need to do the math for your local timezone. This week, we'll be watching a single episode, Phantoms, so that next week, we can watch both parts of The Return without splitting them up.

T-minus 25 hours and 35 minutes!
                            Thank you.
                            It will be 10pm for me. I think I will join you.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Thank you.
                              It will be 10pm for me. I think I will join you.
                              Awesome! We'll be glad to have you!

T-minus 23 hours and 55 minutes to Phantoms!

Comment

Spoiler:
                                <snippy>

'Nother great chapter Kris! Keep 'em coming!
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X