Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    This is not strictly Sparky but there is mention of her by John about half way through so I'm hoping it's okay to post this here.

My new vid. It's Poncho and Lefty starring Ronon as Poncho and John as Lefty.

At my LJ

and on YouTube
    Are you kidding? It's Vegas! Of course it's okay to post it here!

And speaking of that clip from The Ark, I don't know why, but I just started cracking up at the way John said "That's just disturbing" after Ronon reset his shoulder.

Great vid!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Not allowed? That's weird, since people here at GW have posted them before. An excerpt of the relevant section from an article (say, just the paragraphs where they're talking about Sparky) is allowed under GW's rules.

I think most of us were interested in the scans because there's always going to be someone who might say, 'it's not real, you're just making that up.' And since the magazine is from outside the US, Canada or UK, there's not much of a chance any of us will be able to get our own copy of it over here.
      If I'm remembering correctly from my International and Copyright law classes, France has stronger laws than most about copyright. I just remember the laws being different and a little more protective than the US. Maybe they're protecting the manipulations they made rather than the newspiece.

They are lovely manipulations, though.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        If I'm remembering correctly from my International and Copyright law classes, France has stronger laws than most about copyright. I just remember the laws being different and a little more protective than the US. Maybe they're protecting the manipulations they made rather than the newspiece.

Ah, don'tcha just love international law?

They are lovely pics, aren't they? Much better than the "official" manips we've gotten out of SciFi/MGM in recent years!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Are you kidding? It's Vegas! Of course it's okay to post it here!

And speaking of that clip from The Ark, I don't know why, but I just started cracking up at the way John said "That's just disturbing" after Ronon reset his shoulder.

Great vid!
          Thanks, it's good to get feedback. Otherwise you think nobody likes your work. LOL

And I was remiss in saying to KrisRussel that your fic was great. I loved the banter. So Sparky.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

SPARKIES!!

GO and read this fic, its brilliant .. and very long *love*

Simon's Revenge by Lizabeth39
            Angst, H / C, Rape, Torture and SPARKY! >>> NC-17
            The arrival of Simon on Atlantis has devastating consequences for Elizabeth and John

NOW - Go - READ!

(all 18 Chapters listed here)

Comment

It's true. I want to live in an other country.

And for the fic "Simon revenge" i really love it. I like how John is written.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Okay, Sparkies, it's Fluff!Day, and you know what that means... fic rec time!

So here's a pair of fluffy old school fics from Azar:

The Heart of Atlantis. Summary: Keeping Atlantis alive requires more than one type of power source. John's POV.

and The Maverick. Summary: She was conditioned fairly early in life to have a weak spot for the maverick, as was every other young woman going to the movies in 1986. Thematic companion to "The Heart of Atlantis." Elizabeth's POV.

Happy Sparky reading!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  Here ya go... part 3... the rest will have to wait until after the weekend.
                  Have fun in my absence!
                  *huggles list*

Spoiler:
                  <snip for space>
                  Heehee! Love it!

What she said, Probie, and thank you!
                  Yeah, thanks! Love the pics, and I agree with everybody else- that blue does look really good on her.
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

be cool if someone did a Sparky Story Set in WWII Era. I know there is already one but i would like to see more of WWII era sparky stories.

Comment

Hey Sparkies! We still have a game to finish!

Unfortunately, we've now gone over the maximum limit for a single post, so I'll repost 1-40 in this post as a reminder, and then go into the new ones in the next post...

Best Sparky quotes:

1-20:
                      Spoiler:
                      1. John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?

2. The bedroom scene in The Return part I (get your minds out of the gutter ladies. I'm referring to the one on Atlantis where they are all gangly and awkward and almost look like they are about to say something else but don't dammit)

3. Kolya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. SHEPPARD: Good. Wouldn’t be the same without you. (Bedroom scene in Home)

5. Sheppard: Listen, uh, I'd like to say something while I still can. (38 minutes - before he wants to spill his guts to her but Ford interrupts him)

6.CARTER: Being in Doctor Weir’s old office made you think of that, didn’t it?

7. Elizabeth: Who is this? (Rising - when she sees him for the first time)

8. SHEPPARD: It's better for the both of us. (Conversion)

9.(After the hug) WEIR: Yes, you are. I truly thought ...
                      SHEPPARD: Yeah, yeah, I thought the same thing about you a minute ago. We gotta stop that!
                      (Elizabeth nods.)
                      WEIR: I'd like that!

10. WEIR: You can't.
                      SHEPPARD: I have to, and you know it.
                      WEIR (shaking her head): John ... (They stare at each other *eye!sex* for a few moments, then she realizes that there is no other way.) Go.

11. SHEPPARD: Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.
                      WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way.

12. John: Sorry about that, I had to, uh...you okay?
                      Elizabeth: No.
                      John: You will be. Come on!
                      (The Eye)

13. Carson: We're losing her.
                      John: Not yet we're not. (breaks quarantine and grabs her arm: TRW)

14. John: You do realise I can get us into all sorts of trouble, right?

15. SHEPPARD: Atlantis, this is Sheppard.
                      WEIR: John?!
                      SHEPPARD: What other Sheppards do you know?

16. WEIR: Are you alright?
                      SHEPPARD: Yeah. Two arms, ten fingers ... (he looks down) I'll check the rest later.
                      (and we just know Lizzie's going to help with that 'check'!)

17. SHEPPARD: I knew you'd say yes!
                      WEIR: I haven't said yes.
                      SHEPPARD: Well, you were about to.
                      (Elizabeth narrows her eyes at him for a moment.) WEIR: Yes.
                      SHEPPARD: There y'go!
                      WEIR: Hmm.

18. SHEPPARD: I was just thinkin’ again – about Doctor Weir and everyone else on Atlantis.
                      TEYLA: Of course. I am sure she is fine – as I am sure they are all fine.
                      (Home)

19. John: (He reaches into his pack and takes out a round shape wrapped in cloth.) Picked this up on the mainland. The Athosians made it. (He hands it to Elizabeth.) Happy birthday.
                      (Elizabeth stares at him, part pleased and part annoyed.)
                      Liz: Hmm. (She unwraps the cloth and finds an earthenware pot with a lid.) It's beautiful. (She looks at him.) How did you find out?
                      John: Mum's the word. (He goes back inside. Elizabeth looks at her present and smiles.)

SHEPPARD: Elizabeth.
                      WEIR (still staring down at Oberoth): Get to the Jumper.
                      SHEPPARD: You’re coming with us.
                      (Ronon gets a clear shot and fires his weapon at Oberoth. The blast hits him but has no effect.)
                      WEIR: I can’t keep them frozen much longer!
                      SHEPPARD: We’re not leaving you behind!
                      WEIR: If you don’t leave right now, none of us will get out of here, so go. (She turns her head slightly towards John.) THAT’S AN ORDER!
                      (Her distraction breaks her concentration. Oberoth drops her hand and a blast from a Replicator weapon behind him heads towards Ronon. He ducks out of the way and turns to run, grabbing at John to get him moving.)
                      DEX: Come on!
                      SHEPPARD (anguished): Elizabeth!
                      (As Replicators hurry down the corridor from behind Oberoth, Elizabeth turns and yells at John.)
                      WEIR: Go!
                      (John’s last glimpse of Elizabeth is her frantic face as Replicators surround her. As they seize her arms, John and Ronon race off around the corner.)

21-40:
                      Spoiler:
                      21. John: I’m just saying ...
                      Liz: Yes, you can be next.
                      John: Thank you! (Tao of Rodney)

22. JORDAN: Well, sir, there's someone here who would like to have a word with you.
                      (Rodney frowns in confusion. Jordan steps out of the way. A couple of seconds later, Elizabeth walks into view. John and Rodney's eyes widen and they stare in disbelief.)
                      SHEPPARD: Elizabeth!
                      WEIR (smiling): Hello, John.

Spoiler:
                      Liz in computer: I'm sorry to cause all this trouble. Who's there with you? Is -- is John Sheppard there?
                      (John hesitates for a long time, then speaks nervously.)
                      John: Hi.
                      Liz in computer: It's so good to hear your voice again.(GitM)

Spoiler:

SHEPPARD: You said you broke off from them -- that they couldn't track you.
                      KORACEN: Track her? She was the one who alerted us, when the time was right, to come. We were only following her commands.
                      FRAN/WEIR: John, listen to me. I had to bring them here. It was our only chance; our only way out. I didn't know that Koracen would cause this kind of trouble.
                      (John looks between the two of them, almost as if deciding which one to shoot first.)
                      FRAN/WEIR: I didn't think that anyone would get hurt.
                      SHEPPARD: What did you think we were gonna do: just give you a bunch of Replicator bodies and send you on your way?
                      FRAN/WEIR: I truly believed that we were no threat to you.
                      SHEPPARD: You may still think that you're Elizabeth, but you're not.
                      (FRAN/Elizabeth looks at him, hurt. As she bows her head in pain, the lights come on. Taking advantage of the distraction, Koracen charges at John, pulls his rifle out of his hand and hurls him hard against the wall. As he slumps to the floor, FRAN/Elizabeth races over and grabs Koracen, slamming him angrily back against the wall. Before he can react, she pushes her fingers into his forehead and concentrates. John looks up from the floor in confusion. She pulls her fingers out again and Koracen disintegrates into tiny pieces.)
                      (GITM)

25. WEIR: Well – the beard is interesting! (Epiphany)

26. John: It's kinda weird, that's all. I mean, I don't see you for all this time and then five minutes later I find out ...
                      (He trails off.)
                      Liz: ... that I'm dead. Yeah. Don't worry – the moment I learned the truth, I knew there'd be no going back the way things were – not for me, not for any of us.
                      (TMC)

27. SHEPPARD: You're a hopeless romantic, you know that?
                      WEIR (smiling at him): Well, *you're* just as hopeless, otherwise you wouldn't have agreed.
                      (TLG)

28. SHEPPARD: We haven’t given up hope. If there’s a chance she’s still alive, I’ll find her.
                      CARTER: I know
                      (Lifeline)

29. Liz: Hey, what are you doing up so late?
                      John: Couldn't sleep. (He goes to a coffee pot and pours himself a drink.) Must be the, uh, burden of command -- you know, ever since I was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel. (He sits down opposite Elizabeth.)
                      Liz: Alright, John -- it's been almost a month. When are you gonna stop trying to bringing that up in every single conversation?!
                      John: You gotta understand -- there's a lot of people in the Air Force who never thought I'd make it past Captain!
                      Liz: Well obviously the people whose opinions matter the most thought otherwise. (She sits back in her chair and raises her eyebrows at him.)
                      (The Intruder)

30. SHEPPARD (to Elizabeth): You say these things happen every twenty years, right?
                      WEIR: That's what they tell us.
                      SHEPPARD: How far in advance can we book days off?
                      (The Eye)

31. SHEPPARD: The coup was successful. Ladon Radim is the new leader of the Genii. (He sits on the edge of her desk.)
                      WEIR: Wow, that was fast.
                      SHEPPARD: Well, once people found out Cowen and his elite guard were out of the picture, his loyalists laid down their weapons. They're billing it as a bloodless coup `cause no-one died on their home soil.
                      WEIR: So a nuclear explosion and the lives of an entire battalion of men don't count?
                      SHEPPARD: Yeah, it's all spin. What d'you think the fallout's gonna be?
                      WEIR: Well, historically, most coups end up with the new government being about as bad as the old one.
                      SHEPPARD: I don't know. He seemed pretty grateful we saved his sister.
                      WEIR: There's that.
                      SHEPPARD: He did save me and my team.
                      WEIR: There's that too.
                      SHEPPARD: So I say we call it a win.
                      WEIR: Who's spinning now?!
                      SHEPPARD: Alright. Then I say we call it a night.
                      WEIR: That we can do!
                      (Coup d'etat)

32. WEIR: Hey, what are you guys doing?
                      SHEPPARD: I'm teaching Teyla how football is the cornerstone of Western civilization.
                      WEIR: And you didn't invite me?
                      SHEPPARD: You like football?
                      WEIR: No not really.
                      (Hide and Seek)

33. CALDWELL: You two are pretty close, aren't you?
                      [Weir stops and turns back around, arms crossed.]
                      WEIR: Well, we've been through a lot together. Yes.
                      (Conversion)

34. ATLANTIS. CONTROL ROOM. Radek has joined Elizabeth at the balcony door. After a moment, a static-filled radio message can be heard.
                      SHEPPARD (over radio): Elizabeth ... I repeat ... This is Sheppard. What is your status?
                      ZELENKA: The explosions must have disrupted radio signals.
                      WEIR (into radio): Well, we're still here. That's our status.
                      (John sighs in relief.)
                      SHEPPARD: Don't scare me like that!
                      WEIR: Sorry. What about the Wraith fleet?
                      (Siege, Pt. III)

35. SHEPPARD: Let's just say I'm worried about my grandkids.
                      (Elizabeth gives John a surprised look.)
                      (Allies)

36. ATLANTIS. CONFERENCE ROOM. Elizabeth is sitting at the table and smiling in pleasure.
                      WEIR: We've all logged more than a few miles these past few weeks.
                      (We see who else is in the room. John, Rodney, Teyla and Ronon are sitting at tables across from her.)
                      WEIR: I'd just like to say that seeing you now, sitting across from me, looking at your faces ... (she pauses, gazing at John more than the others) ... it makes me feel very ... (She pauses again, then looks away, on the brink of tears and unable to continue.)
                      SHEPPARD: You don't have to say it.
                      (Misbegotten)

37. WEIR: You know what? It’s getting late.
                      SHEPPARD: Since when do you sleep?
                      WEIR: Since I got back. I’ve got a lot of catching up to do. But it’s been lovely seeing all of you again. (She puts a hand on Carson’s arm.) Thank you for getting me out.
                      SHEPPARD: No, we should thank you. You’re taking us to dinner, right?
                      WEIR: Cheeky!
                      (The Return, Part 1)

38. BECKETT: I'm sorry.
                      WEIR: So am I.
                      SHEPPARD: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're all very sorry. Where's Elizabeth?
                      WEIR: She is here also.
                      CALDWELL: And I suppose you'd like us to take your word for that?
                      WEIR: Would you like to speak with her?
                      SHEPPARD: Yes, we would.
                      (TLG)

39. KOLYA: Second: if and when I determine Atlantis unsalvageable, Doctors Weir and McKay become obsolete.
                      (John skids to a halt and stares in amazement.)
                      SHEPPARD: Weir's alive?
                      (The Eye)

40. WEIR: [shifting on her feet] We're gonna beat this.
                      SHEPPARD: 'We're gonna beat this?' 'Beckett'll figure this out?' 'You're gonna be fine?' You really suck at the whole bedside manner thing.
                      WEIR: [looking away in embarrassment] I know, I'm sorry.
                      SHEPPARD: But I appreciate the effort.
                      (Conversion)

Comment

And now, onto to #41 and up...

41. SHEPPARD: You doing OK?
                        WEIR: Sure, all things considered. (She smiles.) Not bad for a dead woman.
                        (This mortal Coil)

42. SHEPPARD: They're never gonna make the trade, Kolya. Why don't you just finish this?
                        KOLYA: I think you underestimate the sympathetic nature of Doctor Weir.
                        SHEPPARD: Well, then, you underestimate Elizabeth.
                        (Common Ground)

43. CALDWELL: What do you want?
                        PHEBUS/WEIR: I want Sheppard.
                        (The Long Goodbye)

Spoiler:
                        SHEPPARD: That's it? You're just gonna let me go?
                        McKAY: That field medic – the one you defied orders to go back and try and rescue. You knew her personally. You were ... involved.
                        SHEPPARD: Yeah, you know everything.
                        McKAY (sympathetically): It was a hard choice. Certainly you didn't intend things to go as badly as they did. Things just don't always go the way we plan. We know where to find you.
                        (Sheppard turns and starts to walk towards the car.)
                        McKAY: Detective.
                        (Sheppard stops and turns back as McKay approaches him again.)
                        McKAY: Remember when I told you I once met another version of you?
                        SHEPPARD: Yeah.
                        McKAY: I know you'll probably think this sounds ridiculous, but a little while ago we accidentally opened a rift in space/time – went through to an alternate version of reality. It was very similar to ours in many ways. We met a team much like the one I work with, only you were the leader. You were a hero, saved the world several times over.
                        SHEPPARD (smiling bitterly): Doesn't sound much like me.
                        McKAY: I don't think there's much difference between you and that other John Sheppard I met. It's amazing how one incident can entirely alter the course of your life. Still, I like to believe you have the same strength of character. That's why I told you the truth.
                        (Vegas)

45. WEIR: You and Rodney have been bugging me for a chance at trying a Jumper as a submersible, but you sure went a hell of a long way to make me say yes!
                        SHEPPARD: Well, you still haven't said it yet.
                        (Elizabeth smiles again.)
                        WEIR: I just did.

(Grace Under Pressure)

Comment

[QUOTE=Scary Kitty;10109112]And now, onto to #41 and up...

(This mortal Coil)

42. SHEPPARD: They're never gonna make the trade, Kolya. Why don't you just finish this?
                          (Common Ground)

(The Long Goodbye)

Spoiler:
                          McKAY: That field medic – the one you defied orders to go back and try and rescue. You knew her personally. You were ... involved.
                          McKAY (sympathetically): It was a hard choice. Certainly you didn't intend things to go as badly as they did. Things just don't always go the way we plan. We know where to find you.
                          McKAY: I know you'll probably think this sounds ridiculous, but a little while ago we accidentally opened a rift in space/time – went through to an alternate version of reality. It was very similar to ours in many ways. We met a team much like the one I work with, only you were the leader. You were a hero, saved the world several times over.
                          McKAY: I don't think there's much difference between you and that other John Sheppard I met. It's amazing how one incident can entirely alter the course of your life. Still, I like to believe you have the same strength of character. That's why I told you the truth.
                          (Vegas)

45. WEIR: You and Rodney have been bugging me for a chance at trying a Jumper as a submersible, but you sure went a hell of a long way to make me say yes!
                          (Grace Under Pressure)

46. (John takes the radio and activates it.)
                          SHEPPARD: Elizabeth, where are you?
                          WEIR (smiling delightedly at Lorne): We're in Jumper Two. We're cloaked, directly above you. Are you alright?

(Condemned)

*loves the 'smiling delightedly' part*
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                            Hahahah! That's such a cute part! She's all like, 'heehee, I got to rescue my flyboy!' Love it!

Must find another fun quote...

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                              SPARKIES!!

GO and read this fic, its brilliant .. and very long *love*

Simon's Revenge by Lizabeth39
                              Angst, H / C, Rape, Torture and SPARKY! >>> NC-17
                              The arrival of Simon on Atlantis has devastating consequences for Elizabeth and John

NOW - Go - READ!

(all 18 Chapters listed here)

Precisely about Simon, and if he had followed Elizabeth in the episode "intruder." Have you found it interesting to see him in a few episodes? How john would react? (Jealous or not?). I am not a fan of love triangle (and of Simon) but it could have been interesting to see this but in a few episodes.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

[QUOTE=Erin87;10109235][QUOTE=Scary Kitty;10109112]And now, onto to #41 and up...

(This mortal Coil)

(Common Ground)

(The Long Goodbye)

Spoiler:
                                (Vegas)

(Grace Under Pressure)

46. (John takes the radio and activates it.)
                                SHEPPARD: Elizabeth, where are you?
                                WEIR (smiling delightedly at Lorne): We're in Jumper Two. We're cloaked, directly above you. Are you alright?
                                (Condemned)

Spoiler:
                                WEIR: You said so yourself – you are the ranking military officer. I can’t chance you getting infected.
                                SHEPPARD: I can’t chance you getting infected. Bates?
                                BATES: Yes, sir.
                                SHEPPARD: Unlock the gym.
                                BATES: Yes, sir. (He walks towards the console.)
                                WEIR: Stand down, Bates. (Into comms) You are not in command here, Major.
                                SHEPPARD: Well, we’ll agree to disagree. Bates, open the door.
                                (Bates looks at Elizabeth for a moment, then steps forward again.)
                                WEIR (firmly): Don’t.
                                (Bates stops again.)
                                SHEPPARD: Elizabeth, he’s heading right for you.

This is the first time he calls her "Elizabeth". *sigh*
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X