Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    I'm going to be doing a lot of that soon.
    *passes over a mojito* We're gonna need a lot of booze to go through what's coming.

LOL on the memo. But I think even the writers that aren't too much into Sparky write it anyway in some form per each episode. They might be subliminal Sparkies. Maybe all the writers are. Yes, you too Gero! Hee.
    We are the Sparkies. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

That's the only one I was thinking

Spoiler:
    but in the heat of the moment it's much more revenge-motivated. Like she totally forgot John was there during that scene
    Absolutely!
    Spoiler:
    I mean, damn, John was probably watching and thinking, "okay, I'm staying the frak outta Teyla's way or she's gonna kick my butt next!"
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      So very true!! Sometimes very good actors even manage to turn crappy material into gold.
      Indeed.

Yeah, you'd think they'd be used by now by him calling her Elizabeth and she calling him John. I mean at this point they have been closely working together for three years... but then again, Teyla still calls John "Colonel Sheppard" and they also have been working closely together for three years. But that brings me back to the whole "subordinate" thing. Discussing that will prolly get me a warning right now, so I'll shut up now.
      What, how John is Lizzie's subordinate? Nothing wrong with talking about that.

Heroes was great. I totally love Heroes. It makes me yell and scream at the TV and I love that My neighbor doesn't really appreciate it, but who cares
      Euh... are we allowed to discuss Heroes here? Or should we go to the Heroes thread for that?
      *snickers*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, you'd think they'd be used by now by him calling her Elizabeth and she calling him John. I mean at this point they have been closely working together for three years... but then again, Teyla still calls John "Colonel Sheppard" and they also have been working closely together for three years. But that brings me back to the whole "subordinate" thing. Discussing that will prolly get me a warning right now, so I'll shut up now.
        Eh, I'll continue your thought-thread and makes it Sparky-connected.

I don't think, after they knew each other, when having personal conversations they ever called each other anything but by their first names. In a meeting they can call each other "Col. Sheppard" and "Dr. Weir", but on a more casual basis they don't. Sometimes they'll use last names when communicating with other authourity when referring to each other, but I think under most circumstances, they're John and Elizabeth. If that makes sense because the thought was jumbled. (:

But I could perfectly see why they would refer to each other differently in different situations, but within those situations, it's (almost?) always consistant.

As for a breakdown what others consistantly call each other most of the time, with an occaisional writer flub:

- John calls Rodney 'Rodney'; 'McKay' when formal (or when he's angry sometimes)
        - John's nickname for Ronon is 'Chewie'.
        - John calls Carson 'Doc' (which is effing cute) in casual conversation.

- Elizabeth calls Rodney 'Rodney'; 'Dr McKay' sometimes in more formal/introductory situations
        - Elizabeth calls Carson 'Carson'; 'Dr Beckett' sometimes when formal

- Rodney calls John 'Sheppard'
        - Rodney calls Elizabeth 'Elizabeth'
        - Rodney calls Carson 'Carson'

- Teyla calls John 'Colonel' half the time and 'John' the other half. Quite sporadic if you ask me.
        - Teyla calls Elizabeth 'Dr Weir'; she becomes 'Elizabeth' more often in the later seasons
        - Teyla calls Rodney 'Rodney'
        - Teyla calls Carson 'Carson'

- Ronon calls John 'Sheppard'
        - Ronon calls Elizabeth 'Dr Weir'
        - Ronon calls Rodney 'McKay'
        - Ronon calls Carson (??) I'm actually drawing a blank on this one.

- Carson calls Elizabeth 'Elizabeth'
        - Carson calls John 'Colonel/Major'
        - Carson calls Rodney 'Rodney'
        - Carson calls Ronon 'Ronon'
        - Carson calls Teyla 'Teyla' plus 'love' if you will

- Everyone calls Ronon 'Ronon'.
        - Everyone calls Teyla 'Teyla'.

Comment

Our beloved Anuna inspired me to write a small fic.
          It's written quite quickly and still unbeta'd, so don't expect too much
          Here it is, enjoy and lemme know what you think:

Spoiler:
          Title: No one is flawless
          Author: Kris Russel
          Rating: PG
          Category: Drama, Angst, Romance
          Pairing: John/Elizabeth
          Spoilers: none
          Summary: Elizabeth makes a mistake.
          Author’s Note: *huggles Anuna* I wrote this for you girl, hope it’ll make you feel better.
          Disclaimer: Not mine and will never be mine. Otherwise Elizabeth and Carson would still be among the main cast and Sparky would be RST.

It was a clear night above the city of Atlantis and the bright moonlight shone brilliantly over the many spires as the reflection of the ocean played on the metallic surface that covered the city. Normally it was a sight that took Elizabeth’s breath away and that made her stare in awe at the amazing city she lived in. But not today. Today wasn’t a day as any other. Today she merely stood on the small balcony outside of her quarters while she stared at the amazing sight but none of it really made it through to her.
          The far away knock on the door of her quarters didn’t register either, nor did the fact that a few seconds later the door opened and one of the best friends she had ever had walked through the door.
          “Elizabeth?” John asked carefully as he joined her on the balcony, a clear trace of worry visible on his face.
          She didn’t respond or acknowledge him and he knew better than to push her. Instead he simply stood next to her and stared at the amazing view.
          It seemed hours later when she finally let out a breath.
          “I nearly killed him.” She whispered barely audible.
          He kept silent, knowing it wasn’t up to him to deny or confirm anything. Not yet anyway.
          “I didn’t pull the trigger but I might as well have.”
          “Don’t do this to yourself, Elizabeth.”
          She finally turned to him, anger written all over her face. “I made the decision and it was the wrong one.” Her voice rose with nearly every word she said. “Because of me a good and innocent man nearly died!”
          “I know.” He simply replied. “But no one blames you.”
          “Oh come on. I don’t trust myself anymore, why would anyone else trust me?”
          “Because you’re human and humans are not flawless. No one is flawless for that matter. Not even the bloody Asurans are flawless and they’re robots.”
          Elizabeth sighed again.
          “You can’t tell me you never made a mistake before.” John continued. “If you do, then I have to sincerely doubt if you really are human.”
          She gave him a half hearted glare. “I have made mistakes before. Some… severe.”
          “Tell me.”
          Her glare grew.
          “Come on, ‘Liz’beth. It’ll make you feel better.”
          Another sigh escaped her. “Fine. It was in my first year as a diplomat. I was one of the delegates to try and talk two African tribes into peace. They had been waging war for generations and neither even knew why the war had begun in the first place. It should have been easy. It should have been a walk in the park. That’s the reason they send me along: an easy case for a newbie negotiator. But I screwed up. Both tribes were very fond of their rituals and habits. I made the wrong move and they saw that as a bad omen. So instead of turning on each other, they teamed up and turned on our small diplomatic party. Two of the soldiers that accompanied us were killed and the rest of us barely made it out alive.”
          “And what about the tribes?”
          “They’ve lived in an uneasy peace ever since.”
          “So something good did come out of it.”
          “Besides the fact that I got two soldiers killed. I visited their families you know… told them the truth. The accusing look on their faces will haunt me forever.”
          “But you continued as a diplomat.”
          “Yes. My… dad. He convinced me to continue. He had faith in me.”
          “I have faith in you, Elizabeth.”
          She looked up at him and saw something in his eyes that told her more than his words ever could.
          “Everyone in this city has faith in you. No one ever doubted a single decision you made because we all trust you implicitly and what happened today won’t change that. What happened all those years ago won’t change that. Look how much happened since then. You changed from a fumbling geeky negotiator into a strong, breathtakingly beautiful leader of an intergalactic expedition. You seem to effortlessly combine your negotiating skills, diplomatic skills and leadership skills. Every single person in this city respects you for that. They look up to you. Trust you…”
          He couldn’t help but brush a stray lock of curly hair behind her ear.
          She closed her eyes at the feeling of his fingers barely touching her cheek and resting on her ear.
          “Everyone screws up now and then.” He whispered. “It’s what makes us human. In the worst screw ups, people die. In the best, they don’t. But we all screw something up at times.”
          His hand fell back down and she slowly opened her eyes again.
          “The problem is that if I make the wrong decision… that when I screw up, the chance that people die is very big.”
          He nodded. “We all know that. But that never stopped us from following your orders. And besides… in the three years you’ve been leading this expedition, you screwed up once. I’d say that’s far below the average. Most people screw up at least once a month.”
          Her eyebrow rose in amusement. “Once a month? You’re talking from experience, Colonel?”
          He gave her a crooked grin. “Hey, I warned you that I’d be nothing but trouble.”
          “True.” She smiled.
          John was glad to finally see her smile. He knew she’d be alright now. It had been a though day… hell, it had been a though week. No, make that a though month. Hell… even a though year. They were all under a lot of stress and even someone as strong as Doctor Elizabeth Weir was due to crack under the pressure. Today had been that day and he knew it would take a long time for her to truly forgive herself. But he silently promised himself he’d be there for her and help her trough this.
          “You could at least pretend to deny it.” He said as his grin grew.
          The playful banter between them took her mind of off the horrors of the last few months and she was immensely glad that he had the ability to make her forget… if only for a few minutes.
          “Why would I do that? Especially since you just referred to me as a fumbling geek.”
          “Ah, but I also called you breathtakingly beautiful.”
          “Yes… there is that.”
          John could have sworn she was blushing right now and it made her look adorably cute. He knew they were walking on the fine line of close deep friendship and something more again but he also knew they couldn’t cross it. Not yet. Not now that the IOA would go after her again.
          “Let’s watch the stars.” He whispered and she nodded.
          The stood side by side on her small balcony, staring up at the stars cluttering the night sky. His arm slowly rose and gently wrapped around her shoulder. She leaned into his embrace and let her arm circle around his lower back. John turned his face to her and smelled her unique scent. He tenderly kissed her temple and pulled her closer. She gladly melted in his embrace and she forgot for just a few minutes longer.

The End

Sig by me

Comment

Eh, I'll continue your thought-thread and makes it Sparky-connected.

I don't think, after they knew each other, when having personal conversations they ever called each other anything but by their first names. In a meeting they can call each other "Col. Sheppard" and "Dr. Weir", but on a more casual basis they don't. Sometimes they'll use last names when communicating with other authourity when referring to each other, but I think under most circumstances, they're John and Elizabeth. If that makes sense because the thought was jumbled. (:

But I could perfectly see why they would refer to each other differently in different situations, but within those situations, it's (almost?) always consistant.

As for a breakdown what others consistantly call each other most of the time, with an occaisional writer flub:

- John calls Rodney 'Rodney'; 'McKay' when formal (or when he's angry sometimes)
            - John's nickname for Ronon is 'Chewie'.
            - John calls Carson 'Doc' (which is effing cute) in casual conversation.

- Elizabeth calls Rodney 'Rodney'; 'Dr McKay' sometimes in more formal/introductory situations
            - Elizabeth calls Carson 'Carson'; 'Dr Beckett' sometimes when formal

- Rodney calls John 'Sheppard'
            - Rodney calls Elizabeth 'Elizabeth'
            - Rodney calls Carson 'Carson'

- Teyla calls John 'Colonel' half the time and 'John' the other half. Quite sporadic if you ask me.
            - Teyla calls Elizabeth 'Dr Weir'; she becomes 'Elizabeth' more often in the later seasons
            - Teyla calls Rodney 'Rodney'
            - Teyla calls Carson 'Carson'

- Ronon calls John 'Sheppard'
            - Ronon calls Elizabeth 'Dr Weir'
            - Ronon calls Rodney 'McKay'
            - Ronon calls Carson (??) I'm actually drawing a blank on this one.

- Carson calls Elizabeth 'Elizabeth'
            - Carson calls John 'Colonel/Major'
            - Carson calls Rodney 'Rodney'
            - Carson calls Ronon 'Ronon'
            - Carson calls Teyla 'Teyla' plus 'love' if you will

- Everyone calls Ronon 'Ronon'.
            - Everyone calls Teyla 'Teyla'.
            Ronan Calls Carson "Doc". Rodney Calls Sheppard "John" sometimes but not frequently.

I always like it when Sheppard Calls Ronan "Chewie". I crack up. Carson Called Sheppard "John" once in The Kindred Part II.

Comment

anyone wondered why in lifeline teyla is the one packing up weir's office and not John?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                anyone wondered why in lifeline teyla is the one packing up weir's office and not John?
                Yes, but we're not allowed to talk about her. Evidently.

We can only squee about Sparky, never mention any other relationship that either John or Elizabeth has or doesn't have and/or how it relates to their relationship with each other.

We are being watched by some people who must not have anything else to do. Or maybe they're secretly Sparky shippers and just like hanging out here. Yeah, that's it.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Awesome detective work, Reiko! They're all pretty informal most of the time, aren't they? Elizabeth certainly set that tone early, wanting to get to know everyone she'd be working with. And John's definitely not the kind of person who's into standing on ceremony.

KrisRussel, your fic was so quiet and sad, but it had such a sweet ending. I could just hear John's "Elizabeth voice" when he was talking to her. *sighs and melts*

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  We discussed this back when Lifeline aired. Many of us felt that John didn't pack up Weir's office because he might have thought it was a sign he was giving up on finding her, he was too upset and hurt to do it himself, etc. Plus, with TPTW's push in late Season 3 to give Elizabeth and Teyla more of a friendship, they may have thought of having Teyla pack up Weir's stuff as another way to show that she and Elizabeth were gal pals. Or at least, to give Teyla something to do in the episode, as she was left on Atlantis for most of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Yes, but we're not allowed to talk about her. Evidently.

We can only squee about Sparky, never mention any other relationship that either John or Elizabeth has or doesn't have and/or how it relates to their relationship with each other.

We are being watched by some people who must not have anything else to do. Or maybe they're secretly Sparky shippers and just like hanging out here. Yeah, that's it.
                    *snerks*

Comment

Hello everyone *waves* darn I need to post in here more...thought I'd throw some picspam around

You all might not like picspam and if you don't let me know!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Are you kidding?!? We LOVE Sparky picspam! And that's a lovely one you've posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Are you kidding?!? We LOVE Sparky picspam! And that's a lovely one you've posted!
                          Glad to hear that you all like picspam And thanks!

Ahhh!!! My eyes!! I accidentally clicked the sheppard/teyla ship thread and then realized...wait a min that's not weir They have the same smiley icon and they both start with 'Sheppard' it's easy to get confused

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            Glad to hear that you all like picspam And thanks!

Ahhh!!! My eyes!! I accidentally clicked the sheppard/teyla ship thread and then realized...wait a min that's not weir They have the same smiley icon and they both start with 'Sheppard' it's easy to get confused
                            I did that... once. *chugs a mojito* I wonder if we could get the smiley icon changed to make more of a quick visual distinction between the two threads...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              I did that... once. *chugs a mojito* I wonder if we could get the smiley icon changed to make more of a quick visual distinction between the two threads...
                              Or whenever the review comes around for this thread and if they rename it...maybe there should be a mention of having Elizabeth's name first

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                                Or whenever the review comes around for this thread and if they rename it...maybe there should be a mention of having Elizabeth's name first
                                Hey, that could work! Elizabeth does come before John in the alphabet, after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X