No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think why John Ignores teyla is because he still hasnt forgiven her fully for her being pregenant and her not telling him. i mean if someone u knew was pregenant and they didnt tell u even though u guys were close would u be a little bit miffed?

Comment

Morning my fellow Sparkies - WOW 3 pages to read since I last logged in.. YEEHAA! The Sparky thread is jivin again!

Eri - I LOVE your recaps :: hugs :: Your comments are wonderful.. I feel the need to go watch that ep again ( but sadly won't have time till next week.. sigh)

Welcome Newbies!!!

RE Wardrobe choices... well the first season was pretty... interesting.... for that. I recall in the commentaries from Rachel and Torri in Sanctuary how they said none of their pants fitted and Torri had a special cotton pair made that actually somewhat fitted her.

Its ANGST Day today.. I may have to throw some more angst into 'This Not So Mortal Coil'..... hrmm.....

Comment

man the one thing i liked about this mortal coil was the expression Our John had when he saw elizabeth for the first time. if that isnt someone who missed someone deeply i dont know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
          Hey all actually i have never been here before, and i never was a big fan of Atlantis but i started to watch again the episodes and i seem to be very interested on those and i'm starting to get addicted while i'm watching it looks like there is a different relationship between Sheppard and Weir in the first seasons they are not just simple collegues but still looks like Teyla is in the middle of something, i still don't know although i prefer Sheppard and Weir better than Teyla so i did a sig around these days and i thought i could share it with you, feel free to snurch it it is not a big art but still is my first ship in Atlantis and sorry if i'm interrupting any dicussion

Welcome! Then again, who am I to speak as I haven't been in this thread in forever!!! But I've been religiously reading Sparky fic at CommandDynamics ... KrisRussel, please keep going with your fic!!! "What About Elizabeth?" Must read, sorry I can't post the link!

And may I snurch your sig and credit you??? Is that okay???

And to SR, Anuna, and everyone else I haven't seen in a while, hope you're doing great!!! BTW, this is probably a thing of the past by now, but if irony_rocks from CommandDynamics is on here, we miss you, I loved your fics!!!

That's all for now, will lurk here later!

Peace out.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            Oh god, that episode I will not name is up next, isn't it!? And First Strike -- blegh!
            Just to add my two cents, that episode is in general one that I dislike, although John and Elizabeth have alot of screen time together in that one ... But probably the one most poignant scene from that episode is when
            Spoiler:
            John is in the chair and he gets all thrilled that they actually made it, and then when he hears Rodney's voice desperately shouting 'We need a med team down here stat' (paraphrased, sorry) ... c'mon, he didn't run that fast just cause he thought his favorite nerd was hurt.

No matter what anybody thinks!

But that's just me ... now I'm gone.

*Shipper leaves*

Comment

and because I'm feeling angsty... have a snipply preview of Chapter 5 - This Not So Mortal Coil

Spoiler:
              Three weeks later Elizabeth was holed up in her new office translating some new Ancient text that one of the teams had discovered recently on their travels. Whilst her new role as translator/linguist / negotiator left a gaping hole in what she considered her calling in life, it was better than nothing, and since she was more of less confined to the city, it gave her some purpose.

John Sheppard however was having a much rougher day, having been called into Colonel Carter's office for the one reason he had been dreading since declaring his feelings for Elizabeth. Carter, bless her cotton socks actually looked as though she were dreading this meeting herself, her calm demeanour although professional, seemed almost to the point of rigid. She'd been on the recieving end of the very stick she was about to wield, and hated it even more so now.

Sheppard tapped on the door frame with his knuckles to gain her attention, still not quite used to see Carter seated behind the desk he had always known as Elizabeths.

" You wanted to see me Colonel?" He asked, leaning casually against the door frame.

" Take a seat Colonel " Carter gestured towards the empty chair facing her desk, then laced her fingers together to keep from fidgeting in frustration. Sam sucked in a deep breath and braced herself for the hostile reaction she was likely to receive from her words.

" John, there's no polite way of saying thing so I'm just gonna come out and say it. Are you having a relationship with Dr Weir?" She asked, keeping her tone as even as possible.

The colour drained from John's face as her words hit home, his expression changing instantly from casual to guarded.

" With all due respect Colonel, what does that have to do with you?" John replied, unable to keep the tension from his voice.

Sam controlled her expression and kept it neutral.

" I need to know John, because if this base is ever compromised or if the dampening field McKay's rigged ever fails, her nanites may give away our location, or worse, they could take control of her. The IOA has raised some concerns as to what the 'failsafe' plan is going to be." Carter explained, trying to put the words into a manner that didn't put her into the category of heartless *****.

" And you want to know if I'm in a relationship with her... because of that?" John questioned incredulously, his eyebrows rising in a way very similar to Elizabeth's.

" I need to know if it's gonna be a problem for you if she's put into stasis or..... deactivated if it comes to that" Sam said with more than a little regret in her voice.

John kept silent for a moment, digesting the new information and carefully choosing his words

" I have never, and will never, let any personal relationship I have interfere with my duties Ma'am. But with regards to Elizabeth, she is no longer my commanding officer, nor is she a member of the military, so there's no regulation to say that we CAN'T have a relationship" John answered, hoping that that was the answer Carter was looking for.

Sam sucked in a deep breath, knowing he was trying to play the company tag line and sprout what she wanted to hear.

" John... you're the closest one to her, so if the worst does happen, and she is compromised or action needs to be taken, you're most likely gonna have to be the one to do it" Sam regretted her words the instant she was forced to say them " I need to know if that's gonna be a problem"

Comment

Hello all!

Let's see, where to start...

yunadax, love the latest chapter of KrisRussel's plot bunny! And I'm also insanely jealous that you wrote that in just under an hour.

Scary Kitty thanks for the fic rec for the missing scene to Dragons of Locaris! It was really good. *sigh* I love that story.

Reiko, bring on that Sparky/SGA art!

Wardrobe in S4/5: I liked the newer uniform designs - they definitely complimented the women of the expedition more. (even though they probably only came up with the better uniforms just because of AT *thinks of how Elizabeth would have looked in new uniform* she would have looked great! *pouts* at least we kind of got to see how it would look in BAMSR) I just think everyone should have gotten the new ones instead of just the senior personnel. As for John... he did/does look very very good in those black BDUs. There's no denying that. But they just got old after awhile. I miss him in his old uniform jacket. He looked good in that too and was more a visual "part" of the expedition (even though I completely understand wanting him to stand out (main character! I totally get that!) and I get the military aspect of it too). And in S1-3 his look was able to be a little more varied: with the jacket, without the jacket, black t-shirt, black zip up shirt... it wasn't just the same. thing. every. episode. Anyway...

Thoughts on The Ark in a minute.
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                  Hey all actually i have never been here before, and i never was a big fan of Atlantis but i started to watch again the episodes and i seem to be very interested on those and i'm starting to get addicted while i'm watching it looks like there is a different relationship between Sheppard and Weir in the first seasons they are not just simple collegues but still looks like Teyla is in the middle of something, i still don't know although i prefer Sheppard and Weir better than Teyla so i did a sig around these days and i thought i could share it with you, feel free to snurch it it is not a big art but still is my first ship in Atlantis and sorry if i'm interrupting any dicussion

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...gs/forever.jpg
                  Welcome. Please post more. And the banner is beautiful.

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                  I finally finished the next chapter of my Elizabeth/Sparky fic - Reclaiming Her Life: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4824403/...iming_Her_Life

Doesn't fit the topic of the day but ...
                  Love the local details. My hubby and I are going down to Charlottesville in April to a B&B for our anniversary. Lovely town.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  do you remember which commentary it was SR?
                  I'm pretty sure it was Rising. Joe did so few commentaries and since they were talking about Sumner, I think it had to be that one.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Welcome! Then again, who am I to speak as I haven't been in this thread in forever!!! But I've been religiously reading Sparky fic at CommandDynamics ... KrisRussel, please keep going with your fic!!! "What About Elizabeth?" Must read, sorry I can't post the link!

And may I snurch your sig and credit you??? Is that okay???

And to SR, Anuna, and everyone else I haven't seen in a while, hope you're doing great!!! BTW, this is probably a thing of the past by now, but if irony_rocks from CommandDynamics is on here, we miss you, I loved your fics!!!

That's all for now, will lurk here later! http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=10967
                  Peace out.
                  Welcome back. Things are going great. It's good to see more people on here.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                    and because I'm feeling angsty... have a snipply preview of Chapter 5 - This Not So Mortal Coil

Spoiler:
                    Three weeks later Elizabeth was holed up in her new office translating some new Ancient text that one of the teams had discovered recently on their travels. Whilst her new role as translator/linguist / negotiator left a gaping hole in what she considered her calling in life, it was better than nothing, and since she was more of less confined to the city, it gave her some purpose.

John Sheppard however was having a much rougher day, having been called into Colonel Carter's office for the one reason he had been dreading since declaring his feelings for Elizabeth. Carter, bless her cotton socks actually looked as though she were dreading this meeting herself, her calm demeanour although professional, seemed almost to the point of rigid. She'd been on the recieving end of the very stick she was about to wield, and hated it even more so now.

Sheppard tapped on the door frame with his knuckles to gain her attention, still not quite used to see Carter seated behind the desk he had always known as Elizabeths.

" You wanted to see me Colonel?" He asked, leaning casually against the door frame.

" Take a seat Colonel " Carter gestured towards the empty chair facing her desk, then laced her fingers together to keep from fidgeting in frustration. Sam sucked in a deep breath and braced herself for the hostile reaction she was likely to receive from her words.

" John, there's no polite way of saying thing so I'm just gonna come out and say it. Are you having a relationship with Dr Weir?" She asked, keeping her tone as even as possible.

The colour drained from John's face as her words hit home, his expression changing instantly from casual to guarded.

" With all due respect Colonel, what does that have to do with you?" John replied, unable to keep the tension from his voice.

Sam controlled her expression and kept it neutral.

" I need to know John, because if this base is ever compromised or if the dampening field McKay's rigged ever fails, her nanites may give away our location, or worse, they could take control of her. The IOA has raised some concerns as to what the 'failsafe' plan is going to be." Carter explained, trying to put the words into a manner that didn't put her into the category of heartless *****.

" And you want to know if I'm in a relationship with her... because of that?" John questioned incredulously, his eyebrows rising in a way very similar to Elizabeth's.

" I need to know if it's gonna be a problem for you if she's put into stasis or..... deactivated if it comes to that" Sam said with more than a little regret in her voice.

John kept silent for a moment, digesting the new information and carefully choosing his words

" I have never, and will never, let any personal relationship I have interfere with my duties Ma'am. But with regards to Elizabeth, she is no longer my commanding officer, nor is she a member of the military, so there's no regulation to say that we CAN'T have a relationship" John answered, hoping that that was the answer Carter was looking for.

Sam sucked in a deep breath, knowing he was trying to play the company tag line and sprout what she wanted to hear.

" John... you're the closest one to her, so if the worst does happen, and she is compromised or action needs to be taken, you're most likely gonna have to be the one to do it" Sam regretted her words the instant she was forced to say them " I need to know if that's gonna be a problem"
                    Ooo, the angst! Love it. Brava yunadax! And yeah, Sam knows exactly what he's going through right now. At least generally. Not counting the whole
                    Spoiler:
                    other person is infected with nanites and you might have to be the one to kill them deal.
                    sigpic

Comment

why thankie.. I'm feeling particularly angsty today.. so alas..

some more

Spoiler:

John bristled at the thought of having to hit the literal 'kill switch' that would deactivate Elizabeth's nanites and essentially kill her instantly, the stasis option however he could handle.

He resisted the urge to jump to his feet and defend against Elizabeth being treated like an unpredictable machine, it was hard to do but he knew that making a scene would only make things worse.

" What are the markers going to be if this 'plan' has to be enabled?" John asked, his tone low and barely civil.

" We're still putting it down on paper, and it's something that Elizabeth will be made aware of in the near future, but she will be put into immediate stasis if any of the following occur a) the dampening field that McKay rigged fails or is on the verge of failing, b) if any replicators are in the immediate area, we still dont know how effective that field is short range or c) if the city is under heavy attack or taking damage. To that end, the discussions as to what will happen if we're forced to evacuate are still ongoing, she can't come back to Earth for obvious reasons...and we can't leave her hear for someone else to find her" Sam's voice drifted off, leaving John to know exactly what the 'resolution' to that situation would be.

John couldn't resist the urge to stand and start pacing, thankful the glass doors to Carter's office had closed behind him when he'd originally entered.

" I'm sorry but I'm having issues with the IOA treating Elizabeth like a liability" John retorted angrily, his posture radiating anger and frustration. " We're talking about Dr Elizabeth Weir.. the same woman who headed up this expedition for 3 years and was your boss for a time back at the SGC!"

" I know John, but the...failsafe... needs to be clear for all concerned before the situation arrises and needs to be dealt with" Sam explained, keeping her tone calm, if not a little apologetic.

" When are you going to tell Elizabeth about this little failsafe plan?" John snapped back before taking a few mental steps to reign in his anger.

" Once it's down on paper and has the President's approval." Carter replied,and noted that the mention of the President seemed to sooth John's ire a little. " We are being as delicate as possible about this John, it's being given every consideration by the highest levels"

" I know... it's just.... she's not a machine that can be switched off on a whim. We flick that switch we kill her" John replied with irritation, his eyes flashing with emotion.

" I know John, but if the worst situation comes.. it may be necessary" Sam said softly " Which is why we plan on using the stasis chamber you found her duplicate in 3 years ago for all except the more dire"

" I see " John returned, slowing his pacing and nailing Carter with a glare that could be interpretted many ways. " You have my word Colonel that when the time comes, the appropraite actions will be taken" He saluted stiffly before stalking out of her office, not even looking where he was going until his feet seemed to deliver him to the door of another office, Elizabeth's new office.

She looked up as she noticed him though the glass door, a concerned expression on his face and his entire body radiating tension.

" John.. come in. What's wrong?" She asked, concern causing her eyebrows to knit together. He had that look about him that something horrible had happened and he was struggling to deal with it.

Comment

Round of applause for the recap Eri! You did an excellent job as always. Definitely enhances the eps and makes me think about and notice things I might not have otherwise.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        I think it's pretty obvious what I'm going to address (and mind you, this week has been very crappy for me, so watch out. I bite.).

On the J/T note. One of the things why that ship never worked for me (besides the fact that they simply lack on screen chemistry that translates into mutual attraction) is the fact that affection for someone, if it's deep and genuine, doesn't work like an "on/off" switch. If you like someone, you like them and it shows. Period. You don't forget about that person for entire year and a half and then suddenly remeber him/her. J/T moments happen way too randomly to pass as anything more than just friendship. And their friendship works just fine as friendship - shoehorning these two into something more simply doesn't work, never did and never will.

In case of Sparky, the connection is omnipresent, even after Elizabeth being gone (thank you, JF), and that is one of the strongest arguments in favor of Sparky over pretty much any ship. While Elizabeth was on Atlantis you could see John thriwing to be better - as a professional and a person as well, and Elizabeth had a huge role to play in his change from a hot headed, impulsive soldier, to the smart and brave leader he became. After she was gone all the light was gone from john's eyes, and most of the people who watch this show have noticed it. Sheppard became dark and gloomy. Most people saw it happen, and funnily enough, it happened after Lifeline. They (sparky) may not have been intended as a ship, but that's certainly how they turned out, and IMO, it's still the strongest (het) ship in SGA.

I like that you referenced TRW moment, and IMO, I still think TRW is unique. It's not only John who put himself, and exclusively himself (and not the others) on the line, but it's also Elizabeth who kept her connection to John only, and nobody else. I think that fact shouldn't be ignored, and I think it's very important to remember that John risked only his life when, by all standards he shouldn't have. That point is further strengthened by that small, but very important moment in GitM - when he practically asked Woolsey if Elizabeth could stay.
                        Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        I agree. While there is a lot about the ark that I enjoy, and Eri touched on most of it (Eri, have I mentioned how much I love your reviews?), there are some things about it that annoy me. The whole situation with John and Teyla and the ark felt very contrived to me. First, it's very hard for me to believe that Teyla, a trained warrior, could not have disarmed and subdued an old man who could barely stay on his feet. Of course, if that had happened we wouldn't have had our "dramatic moment", but it doesn't work for me. I get very irritated when Teyla is placed into the damsel-in-distress role, because she should be anything but.

Secondly, John should have suffered much more trauma from the crash than he did. That last infirmary scene should have been reversed - there really was no reason for Teyla to be harmed, and every reason in the world for John to be. I'm still not sure why they played it this way. Maybe the hero checking on the damsel again, I don't know. But it seems like it would have had the same effect with John being the one in the bed and Teyla coming to check on him. And it would have made MUCH more sense, IMO.

As far as the J/T thing, it didn't read that way to me, although I can see how J/T shippers might read it that way. But.... see, here's another thing that gets me about the whole J/T thing. Brad Wright made a comment at the last comic-con when asked about J/T - something about "he's saved this woman's life so many times." Well, IMO, that's not a great basis for a relationship, unless you're Superman and Lois Lane. John saves everyone's life. He risked nanite infection for Elizabeth (I agree that TRW was a very Sparky episode). He went to the bottom of the ocean for Rodney. He chased Ronon across the galaxy in Sateda. John does crazy things for his people. And I think he would have made the same choice had it been Ronon or Rodney or probably even Lorne in that box. If the writers wanted to demonstrate that John had some affection for Teyla above and beyond his feelings for the rest of his team, then they needed to consistently have him treating her differently, reacting to her differently. But that never happened, throughout the entire series. *shrugs* Just my opinion.
                        Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        And it makes more sense than the writing we've been treated lately. (there's one thing about lacky writing. It provides so much good material for ship writers).

Few things to sum this up:

A) Teyla as damsel in distress is annoying, way too old and doesn't work, especially when you keep telling us she is a strong female character. Look what Elizabeth does in Siege 2 when she goes to the Genii. That's what a strong female character does. (more on strong female characters - do check out "Ever after" with Drew Barrymore. Her Cinderella is way stronger than how some writers tend to portray Teyla, which is infinitely sad)

B) Using John to point out how Teyla is a damsel in distress and needs some sort of special heroic attention by the hero doesn't work, because it undermines already lacking attempts to portray her as a strong warrior. Writers, pick your cliche and stop feeding us with double bind messages.

C) John is not a super hero

D) by BW's definition of - what should that be, a special kind of relationship? - John is probably in relationship with every significant character from the show, including Todd. (didn't John save him at least once?)

E) As I said before, affection, deep caring and strong bonds between people don't work as on and off switchs.

F) the person John has the strongest connection with is Elizabeth. The person Elizabeth has the strongest connection with is John. You might have planned it differently, but, sorry guys, that's what you actually have delivered on screen. You can weep all you want now. Too late.
                        Excellent points all of you. I can't really add that much to the discussion you guys have stated it so well. I pretty much just agree with all that you've said. Especially about the John/Teyla relationship. Way too sporadic to have any real base as a couple and that's all I'm going to say right now because I'm tired and I don't feel like ranting.
                        Yay for Sparky consistency! A wonderful strong thread running through the show that just plain and simple made everything better and provided a lovely sense of stability.

On The Ark: When I first saw this episode, it was still fairly early in my realization of Sparky, and I was being extremely unreasonable at that time. I would get upset and grumpy over any slightest hint of either one of them having any sort of relationship with anybody else. Occasionally, as with The Ark, that unreasonableness would poison the rest of the episode. While the ep wasn't one of my favorites from the beginning (I mean I liked it alright, but it wasn't like 'omg this is the best episode ever!') the John/Teyla scenes just ruined the whole thing for me at the time. And it probably did further grate my nerves how he kept referring to Elizabeth by her last name. (But your comments have made me see that it was just the newness of the writer so I can let that go now. I think. )
                        It just annoyed me because I think I could see how tptb were trying to shove them down our throats and they were doing it badly! I could see how much he cared about Elizabeth and how good a relationship they had with each other, which he and Teyla didn't have, and then they go and have an ep like that that is a bit of an anvil for that ship and it was just so inconsistent! urrrgghhh! It made me want to smack John upside the head! It's like was said before- if you're going to show caring between two people, then you should do it all the time and not just whenever you remember to do it!
                        Now I'll try and move away from the shipping for a minute. I like the slight humor moment with McKay and the window (just the look of sheer panic on his face... ) and I liked the scenes with John and Ronon. It was nice to see them have some moments together. As for the people on the planet... I didn't really like them. I'd forgotten exactly why I didn't like them until Eri restated everything. Finding out what they did to themselves was what really turned me against them. I don't think I trusted Jamus to begin with, but I honestly can't remember exactly what I thought at the time. *shrugs*
                        That was an interesting point you made Eri, about the rescue actually happening like it was supposed to. I'd never thought about it, but you really do expect something to go wrong every time. Because it always does. That was another detail I'd forgotten.

So anyway... to wrap things up. Like I said, I didn't like this episode because of the large amount of J/T in it. Maybe that was unreasonable, because Eri really did point out a lot of good qualities in the ep, but that's how I felt at the time. I'd like to think maybe I could get past that now, because I know it's unreasonable, but... who knows? I'm not making any promises.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                          why thankie.. I'm feeling particularly angsty today.. so alas..

some more

Spoiler:

John bristled at the thought of having to hit the literal 'kill switch' that would deactivate Elizabeth's nanites and essentially kill her instantly, the stasis option however he could handle.

He resisted the urge to jump to his feet and defend against Elizabeth being treated like an unpredictable machine, it was hard to do but he knew that making a scene would only make things worse.

" What are the markers going to be if this 'plan' has to be enabled?" John asked, his tone low and barely civil.

" We're still putting it down on paper, and it's something that Elizabeth will be made aware of in the near future, but she will be put into immediate stasis if any of the following occur a) the dampening field that McKay rigged fails or is on the verge of failing, b) if any replicators are in the immediate area, we still dont know how effective that field is short range or c) if the city is under heavy attack or taking damage. To that end, the discussions as to what will happen if we're forced to evacuate are still ongoing, she can't come back to Earth for obvious reasons...and we can't leave her hear for someone else to find her" Sam's voice drifted off, leaving John to know exactly what the 'resolution' to that situation would be.

John couldn't resist the urge to stand and start pacing, thankful the glass doors to Carter's office had closed behind him when he'd originally entered.

" I'm sorry but I'm having issues with the IOA treating Elizabeth like a liability" John retorted angrily, his posture radiating anger and frustration. " We're talking about Dr Elizabeth Weir.. the same woman who headed up this expedition for 3 years and was your boss for a time back at the SGC!"

" I know John, but the...failsafe... needs to be clear for all concerned before the situation arrises and needs to be dealt with" Sam explained, keeping her tone calm, if not a little apologetic.

" When are you going to tell Elizabeth about this little failsafe plan?" John snapped back before taking a few mental steps to reign in his anger.

" Once it's down on paper and has the President's approval." Carter replied,and noted that the mention of the President seemed to sooth John's ire a little. " We are being as delicate as possible about this John, it's being given every consideration by the highest levels"

" I know... it's just.... she's not a machine that can be switched off on a whim. We flick that switch we kill her" John replied with irritation, his eyes flashing with emotion.

" I know John, but if the worst situation comes.. it may be necessary" Sam said softly " Which is why we plan on using the stasis chamber you found her duplicate in 3 years ago for all except the more dire"

" I see " John returned, slowing his pacing and nailing Carter with a glare that could be interpretted many ways. " You have my word Colonel that when the time comes, the appropraite actions will be taken" He saluted stiffly before stalking out of her office, not even looking where he was going until his feet seemed to deliver him to the door of another office, Elizabeth's new office.

She looked up as she noticed him though the glass door, a concerned expression on his face and his entire body radiating tension.

" John.. come in. What's wrong?" She asked, concern causing her eyebrows to knit together. He had that look about him that something horrible had happened and he was struggling to deal with it.
                          Ooo, angry John! *claps hands* Love him walking straight to her new office. For some reason the idea of her having a new office makes me very happy. I guess cause it makes her so much a part of things. I don't know. *shrugs* This is really good. Now for the usual request for more more more!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                            Occasionally, as with The Ark, that unreasonableness would poison the rest of the episode. While the ep wasn't one of my favorites from the beginning (I mean I liked it alright, but it wasn't like 'omg this is the best episode ever!') the John/Teyla scenes just ruined the whole thing for me at the time.
                            While it didn't poison the episode for me, sometimes inserted ship can be a little too contrived by the writer for my taste. Sparky is just there. They don't even have to write for them for it to be there. For me it's natural and it doesn't even need to be in the script. That's the kind of 'ship I like. Especially with SGA because I'm not sure the writers knew where to go with romance.

I think after awhile anything that could have been J/T began to fly over my head. I wasn't really concerned about it for awhile because it wasn't even there for me.

And, just to spruce things up, defending her honour:

Comment

Yay! I just got promoted at 500 posts! Woohoo first lieutenant! *
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                While it didn't poison the episode for me, sometimes inserted ship can be a little too contrived by the writer for my taste. Sparky is just there. They don't even have to write for them for it to be there. For me it's natural and it doesn't even need to be in the script. That's the kind of 'ship I like. Especially with SGA because I'm not sure the writers knew where to go with romance.

I think after awhile anything that could have been J/T began to fly over my head. I wasn't really concerned about it for awhile because it wasn't even there for me.

And, just to spruce things up, defending her honour:

{Mod Snip}
                                Yay, I love that scene! Just the wonderful flirtiness of it makes me squee like crazy.
                                Last edited by TameFarrar; 26 March 2009, 08:52 AM. Reason: do not repost pictures
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X