Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yeah, Sparky in Seasons 4 and 5 were definitely an angstorama. But oh, JoeF and Torri made it something to be savored. *raises a glass to them*
    I'll drink to that! *goes and picks up a glass too* Cheers!
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Are we drinking already? Well it must be 5 o'clock somewhere. *raises glass* Here's to Sparky. And Joe. And Torri.

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        And Teyla would have become obsolete even faster, and turn into wallpaper for an even longer period of time.
        Maybe, maybe not. In any event, I think it's pretty obvious now that Teyla would've been wallpapered regardless of what other characters were on the playing field at the time.

[sarcasm]Gee, thanks, TPTW.[/sarcasm] NOT! *shakes fist*

Oh, that would have been GREAT! I do really wish we had seen more of Laura. She had such potential as a character (Critical Mass!). But then again TPTB and potential have never seemed to see eye to eye. *cough* sparky *cough*
        Well, in the case of Laura, as others have mentioned, the actress simply wasn't available to return (doing another series, as I recall), so I guess the character's potential never had a chance to become an issue like it probably would have if we'd seen her again.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Are we drinking already? Well it must be 5 o'clock somewhere. *raises glass* Here's to Sparky. And Joe. And Torri.

Spoiler:
          Here, here! *passes out another round of drinks*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Here, here! *passes out another round of drinks*
            Yay, drinks!! It's nearly 10PM here, so no prob for me
            *grabs a bottle of Bacardi, a bottle of Coke and some fresh limes - pours it all together - passes Cuba Libre's out to everyone*
            And I got some mint leaves on the other side of the room for people who prefer Mojito

Sig by me

Comment

And Teyla would have become obsolete even faster, and turn into wallpaper for an even longer period of time.
              Good point
              I think it's a shame they didn't do more with the whole Teyla/Kanaan thing in s5. I know you're a Kate/Teyla shipper, but I think Teyla/Kanaan look cute together, especially with the baby. It's such a shame tptb ignored that
              But hey, that's the SG ptb for you

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                I think it's a shame they didn't do more with the whole Teyla/Kanaan thing in s5. I know you're a Kate/Teyla shipper, but I think Teyla/Kanaan look cute together, especially with the baby. It's such a shame tptb ignored that
                What, you think because I like Kate/Teyla that I can't appreciate Teyla/Kanaan?

I'm not like some of those who can't stand their favorite ship being broken up and paired up with other people, you know.

I'm a multishipper at heart. My het OTP is Kate/John, that should tell you enough.

Teyla/Kanaan is woefully underdevelopment and could have done with a little more screentime.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  Yay, drinks!! It's nearly 10PM here, so no prob for me
                  *grabs a bottle of Bacardi, a bottle of Coke and some fresh limes - pours it all together - passes Cuba Libre's out to everyone*
                  And I got some mint leaves on the other side of the room for people who prefer Mojito
                  :: swaps bottle for a large coffee::

Morning Sparkies!

Comment

That would be possible likely but like SK said it could happen regardless if Laura was there or not. But let's face it, Laura never seemed to recieve as much love as say, Amelia now or especially Keller.

What baffles me is how shows like Firefly had a larger main ensemble cast yet they balanced out screentime between characters better than TPTB ever did. Except for once in awhile you never thought anyone was left out even if they had a small role in the episode.

Bah! Badwriting badwriting badwriting.

Comment

Well, in the case of Laura, as others have mentioned, the actress simply wasn't available to return (doing another series, as I recall), so I guess the character's potential never had a chance to become an issue like it probably would have if we'd seen her again.
                      *nods* True, true...
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        That would be possible likely but like SK said it could happen regardless if Laura was there or not. But let's face it, Laura never seemed to recieve as much love as say, Amelia now or especially Keller.
                        None of the other female characters (and most of the male characters to boot) never got as much love as a certain two.

What baffles me is how shows like Firefly had a larger main ensemble cast yet they balanced out screentime between characters better than TPTB ever did. Except for once in awhile you never thought anyone was left out even if they had a small role in the episode.

Bah! Badwriting badwriting badwriting.
                        Buffy was good with that, too. But then, Whedon knows how to write for an ensemble.

Comment

None of the other female characters (and most of the male characters to boot) never got as much love as a certain two.

Buffy was good with that, too. But then, Whedon knows how to write for an ensemble.
                          So true.... too bad TPTB never caught on to it...

:: sighs::

Comment

Mhm. See, John and Elizabeth I can see. They're like the "captains" of the show. Elizabeth more literally and I think it's arguable that SGA may be John's story. And even with that I can argue John needs a bit more balancing out.

But Teyla, Ronon, even Carson -- especially Teyla -- are not getting the time they deserve.

Who really needs his screentime cut down is Rodney by a whole bunch. (Keller too, but I'm talking pre-s4 here.)

Comment

Mhm. See, John and Elizabeth I can see. They're like the "captains" of the show. Elizabeth more literally and I think it's arguable that SGA may be John's story. And even with that I can argue John needs a bit more balancing out.
                              Elizabeth, I felt, got shoved behind the desk too much, always getting left behind to keep the home fires burning. She got to go out and do something only a handful of times, which was a woeful waste of the background she'd been given at the time of her introduction in SG-1.

SGA certainly seemed like it was supposed to be John's story. Not that we ever got to learn much about his own story.

So yeah, they did get a lot of screentime... but TPTW sure didn't give them a whole lot to do with that time.

But Teyla, Ronon, even Carson -- especially Teyla -- are not getting the time they deserve.
                              *nods* They definitely did not get their fair share of screentime.

Who really needs his screentime cut down is Rodney by a whole bunch. (Keller too, but I'm talking pre-s4 here.)
                              Oh, hell yeah! No offense to David Hewlett or his fans, but geeze! Without seeing the opening credits, you'd think that McKay was supposed to be the big hero, from all the quality screentime he got. It was supposed to be 'Stargate Atlantis,' not 'The Rodney McKay Hour.'

Comment

Okay, Sparkies, it's time for another fic rec!

Cake or Death? (Part One and Part Two) by Manda. An AU on Adrift and Lifeline where Elizabeth escapes from the Replicators with a little help from John... and Eddie Izzard. Written for the S4/S5 Fix it Challenge.

Happy reading!

Comment

Working...
                                X