X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

IMO, formula: T + A + P90 = ratings
    Except it didn't work

The Genii political storyline was BOOOOOOORING, not merely 'boring'.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

More Genii for sure. And they'd even set a little of that up in TR I with Laden, Teyla & Ronon. Plus they didn't know where Kolya was at that point. Let's just pretend Irresponsible didn't happen .......
      It seemed like they were trying to revisit that a little with the behind-everyone's-backs scheming going on in Harmony and Inquisition. Too bad they never followed up on it.

Except TR I/II weren't really that replicator heavy. It was more team/RDA focused. I loved Progeny, and most of that was down to DOS and TH. Lifeline was a great ep *chooses to ignore ending* which could have served as the end of the arc had they chose it to.
      As long as we got Weir back, of course. Curse TPTW.

I don't think we'd be allowed to post that on GW

IMO, formula: T + A + P90 = ratings
      *snerks*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Except it didn't work

The Genii political storyline was BOOOOOOORING, not merely 'boring'.
        Did you forget that the Genii political storyline is the reason for Common Ground?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        It seemed like they were trying to revisit that a little with the behind-everyone's-backs scheming going on in Harmony and Inquisition. Too bad they never followed up on it,

As long as we got Weir back, of course. Curse TPTW.

*snerks*
        In terms of the story of Lifeline itself, the story wouldn't need to be altered a great deal to return Weir. She'd only need to run. After all, how did John & Ronon get back to the jumper? She had lost control at that point. But that's politics for you
        sigpic

Comment

Did you forget that the Genii political storyline is the reason for Common Ground?
          See what happens when I lack coffee in my bloodstream?

I meant Jaffa political storyline.

*headdesks*

*hides in the deepest hole in sight*

*orders coffee*

(pssst, do you think they have Starbucks in Pegasus galaxy?)

Comment

In terms of the story of Lifeline itself, the story wouldn't need to be altered a great deal to return Weir. She'd only need to run. After all, how did John & Ronon get back to the jumper? She had lost control at that point. But that's politics for you
            Not to mention a plothole. Maybe PTW lacked coffee when they were writing, just like me this morning.

Comment

Oh, that one tidbit was definitely interesting. The one about "trust".
              Thank you for that. I am eagerly awaiting more. And may I just also say?
              Thank you, Joe Flanigan. Don't ever change.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
              I thought Kaylee and Simon were cute together, Simon was my favorite on the show although I got a kick out of Jayne!
              and Go Joe!
              I love Jayne and I will follow Adam Baldwin anywhere. I also thought the Zoe/Mal relationship could have easily been mirrored in John/Teyla.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by southern red View Post
                thank you for that. I am eagerly awaiting more. And may i just also say?
                thank you, joe flanigan. Don't ever change.

seconds that.

Comment

Because of all the talk a few days ago about 'Tao of Rodney' I decided to watch the episode again and man, did I forget how much fun it is! And how much sparky it houses! And not only Sparky, but the McWeir fans must have gone out of their minds too
                  Shouldn't forget the MCshep fans either... This was a drool-worthy ep for all these pairings.

A question had been asked about the dinner scene between John and Liz and I have to say that it really looks like it's a normal almost everyday thing for them to do. They acted totally comfortable around each other and no one looked up funny at them. I love it... and prolly will us it in a fic

What I also totally loved about this ep is how Shep bashes on the Ancients and so in essence also bashes on Chaya and Teer. Not only did he call Ancients screwed up, arrogant and condescending. But he literally said that the Ancients he spend six months with were 'a bunch of pansy wannabes' (so that includes Teer!!)
                  It made my shippy heart squeeee in delight

Just needed to get that off my chest...

Will try to join in for the second episode in the post-a-thon tonight.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Thank you for that. I am eagerly awaiting more. And may I just also say?
                    Thank you, Joe Flanigan. Don't ever change.
                    Absolutely.

I love Jayne and I will follow Adam Baldwin anywhere. I also thought the Zoe/Mal relationship could have easily been mirrored in John/Teyla.
                    Yes, thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've always thought that Mal/Zoe was the closest parallel to the J/T relationship in another show. I wish the writers had approached it that way. Trying to force some sort of awkward tension between the two didn't do either character any favors.

And yes, Adam Baldwin is awesome - he's the reason I started watching Chuck, though I've also found Zachary Levi a great excuse to keep watching.

More on-topic: I've been lurking and have been enjoying reading all the discussion about ToR. I loved that episode so much, and I'd forgotten all the reasons I did love it, but your discussion is helping me remember. As Kris said above, it was a great episode for John and Elizabeth, for Rodney and Elizabeth, for John and Rodney, for Rodney and Radek, and even for Rodney and Ronon.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      Absolutely.

Yes, thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've always thought that Mal/Zoe was the closest parallel to the J/T relationship in another show. I wish the writers had approached it that way. Trying to force some sort of awkward tension between the two didn't do either character any favors.

And yes, Adam Baldwin is awesome - he's the reason I started watching Chuck, though I've also found Zachary Levi a great excuse to keep watching.

More on-topic: I've been lurking and have been enjoying reading all the discussion about ToR. I loved that episode so much, and I'd forgotten all the reasons I did love it, but your discussion is helping me remember. As Kris said above, it was a great episode for John and Elizabeth, for Rodney and Elizabeth, for John and Rodney, for Rodney and Radek, and even for Rodney and Ronon.
                      Glad you're here. We welcome everyone who is interested in John and Elizabeth, separately or together. Join us next week for The Game.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lucylee View Post
                        Here is the link to kristen999's post on LJ:
                        http://kristen999.livejournal.com/216481.html
                        where she got permission to post a link to

nakedwesley's LJ post on the con
                        http://nakedwesley.livejournal.com/134806.html

I'm not sure if we are supposed to quote directly from someone's LJ account here?
                        If you can't get to the post though, I could, I guess?
                        Oh, that one tidbit was definitely interesting. The one about "trust".
                        Ye gads, the more I hear from Joe, the more I like him. I could have walked right up and planted one on him in 2007 at Burbank when he said he missed Torri and that it had been a mistake for them to replace her with Amanda. I like Amanda but she just doesn't do for me in SGA what Torri did. Anyway, back to nicer subjects...

I can wait to see JF in Vancouver! Woohoo!

Oh, and what time do we start today?
                        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
                          Ye gads, the more I hear from Joe, the more I like him. I could have walked right up and planted one on him in 2007 at Burbank when he said he missed Torri and that it had been a mistake for them to replace her with Amanda. I like Amanda but she just doesn't do for me in SGA what Torri did. Anyway, back to nicer subjects...

I can wait to see JF in Vancouver! Woohoo!

Oh you're going to that con too? One of my LJ friends is going also! You guys must ask him something sparky - connected Like how losing Elizabeth affected John

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
                            T minus 1hr 55 mins I think??
                            sigpic

Comment

I also thought the Zoe/Mal relationship could have easily been mirrored in John/Teyla.
                              We've said that before and I'm totally with you on it. She's the second-in-command on the 'core' team. And like Zoe she never (okay, for Teyla rarely) calls him by his first name. And I think Teyla should have be written with some Zoe-humour too.

Also the scene at the end of War Stories. Sums upJohn and Teyla in a romantic relationship perfectly. This isn't a dis, just perspective

Comment

:: rubs sleep from eyes ::

Morning Sparkies... looks like I have just enough time to feed all the animals and have breakfast before the fun begins.. woohoo!

Now.. wheres my coffee... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X