Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Agreed on the RL stuff. There have been questionable pics of JF around that make me cringe. Yeah, some of us know the source of those and have managed to keep it to ourselves for YEARS. Anything that wasn't public is off limits for posting on a forum.

Professional is the word. I remember Joe using that word to describe Torri once. It has nothing to do with how "hot" they look together. They have both worked with lots of people and had to fake relationships both positive and negative. It was John Sheppard reacting to Elizabeth Weir and when the director yelled cut those two people ceased to exist.

Torri always seems so peppy and un-Elizabeth like in vids from cons or behind the scenes things. I'm really sorry there wasn't more of that lightness in Elizabeth. And as for Joe, I think John became more Joelike over the years. Or maybe because of all the con vids it just seemed that way. Also Joe was so shy and unsure of himself at the first con. I have to LOL now when I see him up there doing his stand up act. He's just lost all that shyness. Yet when he becomes the hard, sad John of S4-5, it makes you realize what a good actor he is.

But as you said, he's acting. She's acting. Heck, I'd venture to say even some of the con behavior is acting. I'm glad Joe and Torri worked so well together and that he cared enough about her welfare to speak out about what happened to her. He'd have done that for any of them I'm willing to bet. I've never forgotten an old clip from a talk show that I can't even find anymore in which his wife talked about his "big heart". I think he also brought that big heart to the characterization of Sheppard.
    Ditto to everything. A character is the actor's creation, but the character remains fictional.

I respect Joe for his professionalism and his integrity he had shown in public. As for Sheppard, I just heart the character the way he is. A big thank you to Joe who helped creating him.

Okay, now after that is settled (we should definitely mention why we respect these actors from time to time), should we go back to our regular programming?

I think all of us need those fictional people who inspire us to do good things. That's what fiction is ultimately about
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Afternoon Sparkies.

Just a quick heads-up. I maybe be closing down my stories over on FF in the next few weeks, so if you want to and haven't seen or saved them yet now is your chance.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1223229/Wormhole

I'll still be writing, but I'll be posting my stories on my LJ instead.
      BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

And it's still used occasionally in certain circles. But never by anyone who's too nice and innocent to bash another ship of course.
        *snickers* I agree, the "Sparky" terminology has been around for years and people know that we'd rather be designated as that. ^.~

And yeah, I would agree hooking up with Keller/Amelia almost overnight is big contradiction for Ronon. I don't ship him with anybody but Teyla is taken and besides to them Spanky doesn't exist.

He is more likely to get together with Shep, Elizabeth, or Carson than Keller/Amelia.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          That's a fabulous observation! I hadn't noticed it either, but it's just so perfect.
          Thank you, thank you...

Heh. Well, we've been saying for a while now that Kolya was a diehard Sparky shipper.
          Well, if he is, he's very rough on them. He certainly takes the direct route in trying to get them together. Threatening their lives in front of the other...

*nods* So much of Sparky has been due to JoeF and Torri taking the script they've been given and running with it. Especially Sparky in the post-Lifeline era; JoeF's performance has totally brought even non-shippers over to thinking that there was more going on between John and Elizabeth than friendship. And we've feasted on every tasty morsel.
          It's also gotta be some directors, because if the director didn't like the way the scene played out, he'd have them reshoot it and do it in a different way. I can't argue with JoeF's performance. I have been blown away by his acting on more than one occasion. He is quite talented.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're dead right, he does. Although the darkness of the corridor in Lifeline is literally due to poor lighting IMO
          See, sometimes directors use lighting to convey mood, and sometimes they are just completely incompetent. In this case, I wonder if it was done on purpose. It's a very dark scene (context not lighting), so they may have the lighting mirror the context. Atlantis is low on power, so we have dimmed lights; Atlantis and Elizabeth are dying together, almost as if Atlantis was mirroring the physical status of Elizabeth. Then, she's being led on her last march through the city. Those of us who knew this was her last ep as a regular knew that something was going to happen, which is foreshadowed by the lighting.

Or...

You know, they forgot to pay their electric bill.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Hey, I posted that and then had to go to work. No resuscitation required But I actually do have a heart disorder (very minor - on their 1-6 scale, it's a 1)
          *looks down at stroke victim on the floor*

Then... who's this dude?

*nudges stroke victim with foot. Nothing happens.*

Ahhh... Well, I'm glad he isn't you.

And we also rejected objectification of actors while justifying objectification of characters. Then we celebrated the fact that our ship was never destroyed in the hands of incompetents the writers. Then we did lunch.
          We did lunch?

*burps*

*sniffs*

*smiles*

Yeah, that's right... I had a hot dog.

Mmmmm...

Comment

hey just thought i'd drop by with a sig i made snurchable if anyone likes it

sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'm staring to wonder about something here.

How come some of you guys have those pretty big avatars?

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                *looks down at stroke victim on the floor*

Then... who's this dude?

*nudges stroke victim with foot. Nothing happens.*

Ahhh... Well, I'm glad he isn't you.
                *wakes up* It was me and it wasn't a stroke. It was a pulminary collapse

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Okay, I'm staring to wonder about something here.

How come some of you guys have those pretty big avatars?
                  GW has upgraded and you can have 80x80 customs now.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    GW has upgraded and you can have 80x80 customs now.
                    Hm.... the one I have is 100X100 .... but on this page it's still small.

Comment

Sparky Vote Link

The thing:
                      1. John/Ronon vs Evan/Laura
                      2. Carson/Laura vs Elizabeth/Radek
                      3. Teyla/Ronon vs John/Vala
                      4. Teyla/Carson vs John/Rodney
                      5. Elizabeth/Steven vs Teyla/Kanaan
                      6. Rodney/Laura vs Rodney/Katie
                      7. Elizabeth/Carson vs Ronon/Amelia
                      8. John/Elizabeth vs Teyla/Evan
                      9. Elizabeth/Ronon vs Elizabeth/Daniel
                      10. Elizabeth/Rodney vs John/Nancy
                      11. Teyla/Kate vs Rodney/Jennifer
                      12. Carson/Alison vs Teyla/Michael
                      13. Chuck/Amelia vs Rodney/Carson
                      14. Ronon/Sam vs Jennifer/Evan
                      15. John/Sam vs Ronon/Jennifer
                      16. Teyla/Rodney vs John/Teyla

Comment

Hm.... the one I have is 100X100 .... but on this page it's still small.
                        You have to re-upload it to GW. They don't change automatically.

(For most people, some said theirs got strecthed with the upgrade.)

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          You have to re-upload it to GW. They don't change automatically.

(For most people, some said theirs got strecthed with the upgrade.)
                          And how do I upload it to GW? *stoopid*

Comment

And how do I upload it to GW? *stoopid*
                            Here in My Controls.

Comment

Yesh, I want one of those Avatars. I'm like 10 away.

Okay, it's Canon Monday, and you know what that means! XD

Let's celebrate!
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                Yesh, I want one of those Avatars. I'm like 10 away.

Okay, it's Canon Monday, and you know what that means! XD

Let's celebrate!
                                I think there are also some news one offered by GW now, too.

Love the caps Gateraid! LOL! You're hilarious!

Great sig Pip!

Reiko and SR I love your avis. Sooo pretty.

One more thing...

Happy Birthday Southern Red!!
                                Last edited by cc_mac; 16 February 2009, 09:48 AM. Reason: I really do know my alphabet...honestly...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X