Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    *dies laughing with the last one*
    That was one yuckie outfit... I'm still convinced Elizabeth found it in one of the closets and it was simply left behind by the ancients because of its uglyness
    She was prolly just trying it on when she got called to the controlroom and simply didn't have time to change back...
    I can live with that! Thank you! That's the only explanation for the ugliness that is said outfit!

Stunning Liz:
    Spoiler:

I love her ordinary, everyday beauty. She's not perfect, on the contrary, and that's the best thing about her looks.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

And something just for fun:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
        Irresistible is my 'happy' ep...I love it for its fluff
        *whispers* I like that one too. But I'm able to ignore things that bother me. Usually.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        My EEG was pretty regular last time I had one. I just had to work

ETA: I'm pesky and impossible to kill, just like Sparky. Unfortunately I am easy to maim, so I guess that's a bit of a trade off

Not only that, they kinda mirrored each others actions. They didn't give in to Koyla, regardless of the consequences. John shot him, and Elizabeth (effectively) told Ronon to shoot him
        *hugs gateraid*

The mirroring in S2-3 got very very obvious. Body language, expressions, reactions...all of it.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        I couldn't have put it better myself! And indeed, people who can't tell fiction from reality are the reason to be worried.

Beautiful wallpaper and sig, Torri!

Guys, what did I miss?
        We digressed into some OT banter. I may have had something to do with that A few people had to be resuscitated. I depressed a few posters with Johns Valentine. There were some pretty sigs and wallpapers, and some fics. Just your standard few days on the sparky thread And SR has me eagerly awaiting March 14
        You have proven my point that men are easy to please. Did I make that point? I meant to.

And we also rejected objectification of actors while justifying objectification of characters. Then we celebrated the fact that our ship was never destroyed in the hands of incompetents the writers. Then we did lunch.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

And we also rejected objectification of actors while justifying objectification of characters. Then we celebrated the fact that our ship was never destroyed in the hands of incompetents the writers. Then we did lunch.
          Aaaah, that we were up to...

Comment

Aaaah, that we were up to...
            We even made a poster. Which proves we are most sincere.

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

We even made a poster. Which proves we are most sincere.

Spoiler:
              In - very - deed.

Spoiler:

We are also very perceptive.

Comment

And the highly paid professional actors who pretend to be the characters we love for a boatload of money until they get fired or the show is rejected for a younger model is sadly canceled are I'm sure adjusting well to the loss of the potentially best romantic pairing in Sci Fi history. But all of us will never forget that they had:

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

And the highly paid professional actors who pretend to be the characters we love for a boatload of money until they get fired or the show is rejected for a younger model is sadly canceled are I'm sure adjusting well to the loss of the potentially best romantic pairing in Sci Fi history. But all of us will never forget that they had:

Spoiler:
                  Dang! If JF wasn't happily married I'd say they need to hook up for real!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                    Say, I was watching Conversion the other day and was struck by how Elizabeth walking John in his converted state seemed to so closely mirror John walking Elizabeth to the jumper in her converted state (in "Lifeline" or "Adrift," can't remember which). In both cases, the sick(?) individual was a danger, but both trusted the other enough to walk beside him/her. I kinda found it funny that John was walking inside the perimeter of guards that were guarding Elizabeth. Both scenes were very dark, John hidden in his "Jedi" robes, and Elizabeth clad in field gear while the lighting was dark. Both had a kinda fearful finality about them because if this didn't work, then the sick one would be lost forever (and one of them was). And in both cases, the pair joined up with the team.

Anyway, I just found it interesting...
                    Spot on observation. I thought the very same thing when I was watching Lifeline. (When I wasn't screaming at the tv, calling TPTB every name in the book).

Look at McKeller. I laugh and laugh and laugh when I think that was intentional. It makes me really think that Sparky (Sparky, look at me all using the lingo) was born out of Joe and Torri, especially since Teyla was intended to be John's girl. Other shows (DS9) have picked up on ships that were never intended, but born out of how certain scenes were acted (Odo/Kira, never was a fan, but it was a very popular ship). It usually makes the show much more enjoyable to the fan base.

I watch "The Game" when I need a laugh. Maybe "Harmony" or "Hide and Seek."
                    I think Joe and Torri had a LOT to do with Sparky being born. They have such natural onscreen chemistry. Hard to ignore that.....

Oh, and GREAT caps and motivational posters all. Love them!
                    sigpic
                    Signature by Erin87

Comment

SR! SR! I love your new avatar!

Eri - I've got the ficlets and they're posted, and I made clear a very dear friend of mine, named Eri, wrote them. For everyone interested, the Shep - a - thon can be found here
                      Thank you thank you! How has the Shep-a-thon been going, BTW?

I read that!!! In Johnny's autobiography! he also had praise for Alan Jackson. I love both Dwight and Alan and they're on my usual sparky playlist.

Yay, dork!love!

And here is the video: This is us; a slide show of very fluffy kind. It's a thing grown up kids would do for their parents for some big round number anniversary.

Comments are love, folks! This is my first vid I've done in a year, and I'm lovin' it!

Happy Valentine's day!
                      Very lovely vid! Yours too, SR. *claps* Thanks for the Valentine's Day treats.

You made it with Movie Maker?? *hates Premiere Pro*
                      I'll see when I get my stuff up... I'm still not happy about it...
                      Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                      I don't even know what codec I use.

Also, in Premeire do you know how to save the highest-res quality file that is uploadable to youtube? My last video looks great in hi quality but it's too big to put on YouTube. (Way to big. I think I saved it as 800 MB o_o)
                      Ah, Premiere Pro! We use that for editing our television video. Along with AVID and Final Cut Pro, it's industry standard for editing.

In the version we use, there is an "Export" option that will allow you to 'save to web"--have you tried that yet? You don't have to worry about 'codecs' then. You can export your timeline as a WMV or a QT file.

I'm still trying to figure out the best kps rate at which to save it, because I've been using 512k and it's still pixellating for me. I may need to go higher.

Happy Belated Valentine's, everybody! My niece came at 9:50 AM on Friday, February 13th, and she's perfect! My sister is doing well and they all went home yesterday. It was a good weekend.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Johnabeth?!? *headdesk*

*pets the Weir yucky-face smilie 'cause she's cute*
                        Yeah, she is. Credit to the wonderful zuz!

Say, I was watching Conversion the other day and was struck by how Elizabeth walking John in his converted state seemed to so closely mirror John walking Elizabeth to the jumper in her converted state (in "Lifeline" or "Adrift," can't remember which). In both cases, the sick(?) individual was a danger, but both trusted the other enough to walk beside him/her. I kinda found it funny that John was walking inside the perimeter of guards that were guarding Elizabeth. Both scenes were very dark, John hidden in his "Jedi" robes, and Elizabeth clad in field gear while the lighting was dark. Both had a kinda fearful finality about them because if this didn't work, then the sick one would be lost forever (and one of them was). And in both cases, the pair joined up with the team.

Anyway, I just found it interesting...
                        Ooo... veeery interesting. I had never noticed that, but you're right! Excellent observation. Next to last sentence... *sniff*

Not the best of ideas... If I remember correctly it was spread over 200 pages and than some... Just start reading on page one and you'll bump into the start of it soon enough
                        Okay, I think I'll take the advice I've been given and just let it go.

Spoiler:
                        [ATTACH]7920[/ATTACH]
                        Now if I touch my ear like this, it means we rendevous on the balcony. If I rub my left arm, it means your room.

Spoiler:
                        [ATTACH]7921[/ATTACH]
                        The calculations all come back the same, Elizabeth. Your pill runs out in 3 days.
                        Carson, this is unacceptable. Make it a priority, dammit. I don't know how much longer I can hold out. We've only been here 12hrs and already my body sparks when he touches me

Spoiler:
                        [ATTACH]7922[/ATTACH]
                        Okay, this is gonna be the decider. If he still sneeks a look at me in this, then he must have the hots for me
                        Funny as always. Like the last one best.

Spoiler:
                        [ATTACH]7923[/ATTACH]
                        It says I love you Lizzie, signed by 'flyboy'. My money's on Carson - he keeps going on about fly fishing
                        HA! Love this one, it's hilarious!

*dies laughing with the last one*
                        That was one yuckie outfit... I'm still convinced Elizabeth found it in one of the closets and it was simply left behind by the ancients because of its uglyness
                        She was prolly just trying it on when she got called to the controlroom and simply didn't have time to change back...
                        ROFL! I like this reason for that really ghastly shirt. (that shirt, combined with the early season one hair... *shakes head*)
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Dang! If JF wasn't happily married I'd say they need to hook up for real!
                          Yeah, but let's not say that because we here in the Sparky thread can tell the difference between actors and characters. I'm even a bit bothered by the pics from that Comic Con used in sigs. We have to make it clear that we know it's Joe and Torri. And I think that's pretty obvious in that case. At least they aren't in costume where it would be hard to distinguish. The chemistry has nothing to do with them as people. Since we get accused of all kinds of things we aren't guilty of, we have to be very very careful. Sigh.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          Thank you thank you! How has the Shep-a-thon been going, BTW?

Very lovely vid! Yours too, SR. *claps* Thanks for the Valentine's Day treats.

Ah, Premiere Pro! We use that for editing our television video. Along with AVID and Final Cut Pro, it's industry standard for editing.

In the version we use, there is an "Export" option that will allow you to 'save to web"--have you tried that yet? You don't have to worry about 'codecs' then. You can export your timeline as a WMV or a QT file.

I'm still trying to figure out the best kps rate at which to save it, because I've been using 512k and it's still pixellating for me. I may need to go higher.

Happy Belated Valentine's, everybody! My niece came at 9:50 AM on Friday, February 13th, and she's perfect! My sister is doing well and they all went home yesterday. It was a good weekend.
                          On the Shep-a-thon, your contributions were wonderful. Thanks.

And on the kps rate, I use 700. It rarely pixellates and is an acceptable level though not great. That's with 15fps and a setting of 5 in the key frames field. This is with Final Cut Express. The default settings on that one make a humongous file but it works great. Sigh. I hate compression.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but let's not say that because we here in the Sparky thread can tell the difference between actors and characters. I'm even a bit bothered by the pics from that Comic Con used in sigs. We have to make it clear that we know it's Joe and Torri. And I think that's pretty obvious in that case. At least they aren't in costume where it would be hard to distinguish. The chemistry has nothing to do with them as people. Since we get accused of all kinds of things we aren't guilty of, we have to be very very careful. Sigh.
                            I agree. Best not go there. And Joe and Torri (though I don't know them, of course) have their own families and loved ones in RL who we should respect too.

On the Shep-a-thon, your contributions were wonderful. Thanks.

And on the kps rate, I use 700. It rarely pixellates and is an acceptable level though not great. That's with 15fps and a setting of 5 in the key frames field. This is with Final Cut Express. The default settings on that one make a humongous file but it works great. Sigh. I hate compression.
                            Thanks! That's good to know, I'll try that setting next time.

Compression is for the birds. Apparently it's difficult to get around even for webbies who know their stuff. Compressing/Rendering to tape is so much easier.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

I think Joe and Torri had a LOT to do with Sparky being born. They have such natural onscreen chemistry. Hard to ignore that.....
                              Yep, I agree, and I always say there are people you work with and things you do together turn into pure gold. I think they're both great professionals who are on the same wavelength and understand well what their characters are about. They are both capable of telling this story well, and there's that ingredient that can't really be defined, and voila - it results in the thing called chemistry. It looks natural and believable.

At the same time, good actors can be totally different kind of people in real life (and I think I read more than once it's easier to play a character who is different than the actor/actress, but not completely different, because one should be able to relate to the character he or she is playing. Which probably means I would be a good bad guy).

But separating characters and actors, I think we should be clear about that. Those two categories should never be confused - and sometimes I'm wondering how people manage to confuse them. I mean, it's a pretty clear distinction. Real and fictional. It's like black and white, without any shades of gray. Special bonds between characters should remain in realms of fiction.

Eri!! Congratulations on becoming an aunt!!!

Shep a thon was great, I will close it soon and have a master list of everything submitted - and in your case, you'll get it e mailed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                I agree. Best not go there. And Joe and Torri (though I don't know them, of course) have their own families and loved ones in RL who we should respect too.

Thanks! That's good to know, I'll try that setting next time.

Compression is for the birds. Apparently it's difficult to get around even for webbies who know their stuff. Compressing/Rendering to tape is so much easier.
                                Agreed on the RL stuff. There have been questionable pics of JF around that make me cringe. Yeah, some of us know the source of those and have managed to keep it to ourselves for YEARS. Anything that wasn't public is off limits for posting on a forum.

Yep, I agree, and I always say there are people you work with and things you do together turn into pure gold. I think they're both great professionals who are on the same wavelength and understand well what their characters are about. They are both capable of telling this story well, and there's that ingredient that can't really be defined, and voila - it results in the thing called chemistry. It looks natural and believable.

At the same time, good actors can be totally different kind of people in real life (and I think I read more than once it's easier to play a character who is different than the actor/actress, but not completely different, because one should be able to relate to the character he or she is playing. Which probably means I would be a good bad guy).

But separating characters and actors, I think we should be clear about that. Those two categories should never be confused - and sometimes I'm wondering how people manage to confuse them. I mean, it's a pretty clear distinction. Real and fictional. It's like black and white, without any shades of gray. Special bonds between characters should remain in realms of fiction.

Eri!! Congratulations on becoming an aunt!!!

Shep a thon was great, I will close it soon and have a master list of everything submitted - and in your case, you'll get it e mailed.
                                Professional is the word. I remember Joe using that word to describe Torri once. It has nothing to do with how "hot" they look together. They have both worked with lots of people and had to fake relationships both positive and negative. It was John Sheppard reacting to Elizabeth Weir and when the director yelled cut those two people ceased to exist.

Torri always seems so peppy and un-Elizabeth like in vids from cons or behind the scenes things. I'm really sorry there wasn't more of that lightness in Elizabeth. And as for Joe, I think John became more Joelike over the years. Or maybe because of all the con vids it just seemed that way. Also Joe was so shy and unsure of himself at the first con. I have to LOL now when I see him up there doing his stand up act. He's just lost all that shyness. Yet when he becomes the hard, sad John of S4-5, it makes you realize what a good actor he is.

But as you said, he's acting. She's acting. Heck, I'd venture to say even some of the con behavior is acting. I'm glad Joe and Torri worked so well together and that he cared enough about her welfare to speak out about what happened to her. He'd have done that for any of them I'm willing to bet. I've never forgotten an old clip from a talk show that I can't even find anymore in which his wife talked about his "big heart". I think he also brought that big heart to the characterization of Sheppard.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X