Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
    Shweir...It just looks wrong! Sparky is just so much better
    So much! Sparky is the king of ship names. Much better than Shweir, or, I heard this one once, Johnabeth. *shudders*
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      *dies laughing* I remember reading about the whole ShWeir debate in the early days... It was frikkin' hilarious
      *double shudders* It sounds like something you hear at the gynecologist's office. And not in a good way.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Ooo, I bet. Where can I find that discussion? Sounds like a good read.
      No it isn't. You're lucky you missed it. And it's still used occasionally in certain circles. But never by anyone who's too nice and innocent to bash another ship of course.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Ah, see that kind of thing is one of the reasons I never liked Friends. There are no free passes when you're married. There are only pretend celebrity BF's and GF's. My husband likes Claudia Black, but he doesn't have a screensaver of her that I know of. It's okay to joke around but not to really mean it. And personally, I think it's the ones who don't "pretend" that you have to watch. Ha. In other words, if I had to hide the fact that I find Joe/John attractive, there'd be reason to be concerned. Oh and another by the way, John is free game. Joe we should probably not objectify. Even though we are guilty as sin. Confused yet? Don't worry, you're a guy.
        *falls out of computer chair after minor stroke*

*EMTs resuscitate*

Nah, just kidding. I agree with you about "no free passes." It's that whole "forsaking all others" clause during the wedding ceremony.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        Oooh! Awesome. *goes to check*

My DVD player broke while me and grandparents were watching Conversion.

I think Ronon is their favourite, because of his hair. And I also smiled at Caldwell's "you two are very close, aren't you?" line. I forgot about that one.
        Say, I was watching Conversion the other day and was struck by how Elizabeth walking John in his converted state seemed to so closely mirror John walking Elizabeth to the jumper in her converted state (in "Lifeline" or "Adrift," can't remember which). In both cases, the sick(?) individual was a danger, but both trusted the other enough to walk beside him/her. I kinda found it funny that John was walking inside the perimeter of guards that were guarding Elizabeth. Both scenes were very dark, John hidden in his "Jedi" robes, and Elizabeth clad in field gear while the lighting was dark. Both had a kinda fearful finality about them because if this didn't work, then the sick one would be lost forever (and one of them was). And in both cases, the pair joined up with the team.

Anyway, I just found it interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post

*EMTs resuscitate*

Nah, just kidding. I agree with you about "no free passes." It's that whole "forsaking all others" clause during the wedding ceremony.

Say, I was watching Conversion the other day and was struck by how Elizabeth walking John in his converted state seemed to so closely mirror John walking Elizabeth to the jumper in her converted state (in "Lifeline" or "Adrift," can't remember which). In both cases, the sick(?) individual was a danger, but both trusted the other enough to walk beside him/her. I kinda found it funny that John was walking inside the perimeter of guards that were guarding Elizabeth. Both scenes were very dark, John hidden in his "Jedi" robes, and Elizabeth clad in field gear while the lighting was dark. Both had a kinda fearful finality about them because if this didn't work, then the sick one would be lost forever (and one of them was). And in both cases, the pair joined up with the team.

I'm glad everybody was so amused by my little observation. Though I haven't heard from gateraid yet. Maybe he fell out laughing.

And your observation above is very good. I hadn't thought of that but there is a parallel as there are a lot of parallels between them.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm glad everybody was so amused by my little observation. Though I haven't heard from gateraid yet. Maybe he fell out laughing.
            No, the EMTs are working on him now.

*peaks down*

I thought I saw a blip on his EEG... Ah well, he'll come around eventually.

And your observation above is very good. I hadn't thought of that but there is a parallel as there are a lot of parallels between them.
            Oh, I know! I love how they used to mirror each others stances during scenes. They were also put into mirroring situations regarding Kolya. Once when Kolya had Elizabeth captive and the other when Kolya had John captive. I thought it was clever writing until... ya know... later.

Comment

*peaks down*

Oh, I know! I love how they used to mirror each others stances during scenes. They were also put into mirroring situations regarding Kolya. Once when Kolya had Elizabeth captive and the other when Kolya had John captive. I thought it was clever writing until... ya know... later.
              Yeah me too. Even a blind hog can find an acorn once in awhile. As we here on the thread are fond of saying, at times they did a fairly good job writing Sparky unintentionally. It's probably best that they never did it on purpose.
              sigpic

Comment

*EMTs resuscitate*

Interesting.. and so incredibly sad... ::: sniffs :: I'm gonna have to go home and watch a happy ep me thinks...

Comment

Yeah me too. Even a blind hog can find an acorn once in awhile. As we here on the thread are fond of saying, at times they did a fairly good job writing Sparky unintentionally. It's probably best that they never did it on purpose.
                  Look at McKeller. I laugh and laugh and laugh when I think that was intentional. It makes me really think that Sparky (Sparky, look at me all using the lingo) was born out of Joe and Torri, especially since Teyla was intended to be John's girl. Other shows (DS9) have picked up on ships that were never intended, but born out of how certain scenes were acted (Odo/Kira, never was a fan, but it was a very popular ship). It usually makes the show much more enjoyable to the fan base.

Interesting.. and so incredibly sad... ::: sniffs :: I'm gonna have to go home and watch a happy ep me thinks...
                  I watch "The Game" when I need a laugh. Maybe "Harmony" or "Hide and Seek."

Comment

Irresistible is my 'happy' ep...I love it for its fluff

Comment

Irresistible is my 'happy' ep...I love it for its fluff
                      *reads*

*reads again*

*read a third time*

Irr... Irres... Irresistible???

*scratches head*

You are welcome to like it, but I found that episode deplorable. I don't think I've watched it since I bought the DVD set...

Still, watch... Be happy...

Comment

So much! Sparky is the king of ship names. Much better than Shweir, or, I heard this one once, Johnabeth. *shudders*
                        Johnabeth?!? *headdesk*

*pets the Weir yucky-face smilie 'cause she's cute*

*double shudders* It sounds like something you hear at the gynecologist's office. And not in a good way.
                        *triple shudders* Ewwwwww!!!!

No it isn't. You're lucky you missed it. And it's still used occasionally in certain circles. But never by anyone who's too nice and innocent to bash another ship of course.
                        *snickers*
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That's a fabulous observation! I hadn't noticed it either, but it's just so perfect.

Heh. Well, we've been saying for a while now that Kolya was a diehard Sparky shipper.

It would've been a disaster if they had. *shudders*

Look at McKeller. I laugh and laugh and laugh when I think that was intentional. It makes me really think that Sparky (Sparky, look at me all using the lingo) was born out of Joe and Torri, especially since Teyla was intended to be John's girl. Other shows (DS9) have picked up on ships that were never intended, but born out of how certain scenes were acted (Odo/Kira, never was a fan, but it was a very popular ship). It usually makes the show much more enjoyable to the fan base.
                          *nods* So much of Sparky has been due to JoeF and Torri taking the script they've been given and running with it. Especially Sparky in the post-Lifeline era; JoeF's performance has totally brought even non-shippers over to thinking that there was more going on between John and Elizabeth than friendship. And we've feasted on every tasty morsel.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ah, see that kind of thing is one of the reasons I never liked Friends. There are no free passes when you're married. There are only pretend celebrity BF's and GF's. My husband likes Claudia Black, but he doesn't have a screensaver of her that I know of. It's okay to joke around but not to really mean it. And personally, I think it's the ones who don't "pretend" that you have to watch. Ha. In other words, if I had to hide the fact that I find Joe/John attractive, there'd be reason to be concerned. Oh and another by the way, John is free game. Joe we should probably not objectify. Even though we are guilty as sin. Confused yet? Don't worry, you're a guy.

Beautiful work.
                            That wasn't the reason I went off Friends, it was probably the fact they dragged it out for two years too long, but I digress. I presume the whole point of the Friends list was that they were never going to run into those people. I don't need a list - there are no celebs in NZ (unless they're on holiday) and I'm not married, so no issue there.

I agree, you do have to watch the 'less open' people re that sort of stuff. You also have to watch open people too. I could tell you a story about our christmas do, but that is getting a bit too OT for here.

I get the John/Joe thing too. I feel like I know the characters of John Sheppard and Elizabeth Weir, but Joe and Torri are blank sheets to me (except for some of the stuff that has been said publicly, and I only believe about 25% of that). Looks are only part of the package although I have noticed you girls like looking at the package quite a bit

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Spoilered coz s5, but she's

Spoiler:
                            Amelia Banks. She's a gate tech, and Ronons new babe. She's EarthTeyla with a little bit of Chuck2.0 (the gate tech, not that god awful spy show).
                            This description made me think of something. I presume it has already been discussed on the appropriate threads, but

Spoiler:
                            isn't this a HUGE character flaw for Ronon? His wife gets incinerated, then he falls for Keller, because she reminds him of her. He has a deep bond with Teyla, but for whatever reason they don't hook up, so he falls for another version of her

Johnabeth sounds like a transexual. I think they picked that name on purpose

*EMTs resuscitate*

I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're dead right, he does. Although the darkness of the corridor in Lifeline is literally due to poor lighting IMO

Hey, I posted that and then had to go to work. No resuscitation required But I actually do have a heart disorder (very minor - on their 1-6 scale, it's a 1)
                            sigpic

Comment

*peaks down*

My EEG was pretty regular last time I had one. I just had to work

ETA: I'm pesky and impossible to kill, just like Sparky. Unfortunately I am easy to maim, so I guess that's a bit of a trade off

Not only that, they kinda mirrored each others actions. They didn't give in to Koyla, regardless of the consequences. John shot him, and Elizabeth (effectively) told Ronon to shoot him
                              Last edited by gateraid; 15 February 2009, 08:52 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Considering my valentines day pic was so sad, I have this one. I cannot take the credit for it though

Spoiler:

:baby tje: Roses are red
                                Violets are blue
                                My nappy is full
                                I bet Rodney's is too
                                Last edited by gateraid; 20 February 2009, 06:31 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X