Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Word, word, WORD.

I still think they way they've done the whole thing is made of pretty much fail. Their biggest sin is the way they treated Elizabeth's fans, and her, and never showed the proper respect to a regular character and a rather large group of fans. I also feel abandoned as a fan, and Mr Malozzi? It's a little bit too late to gain back your credibility with me. You do keep saying Weir's story is over, when we, in fact, know it can be continued. Faaail.
    As Eri87 wrote, his statements make me sad as well. ITA with you Anuna. I am also cynical because he has a history of yanking the fans around. TPTB didn't expect the reaction they got from fans when Torri was demoted and were rather smug about the decision as I recall. So, forgive me, Mr. Mallozi, if I don't believe your sincerity.

It's ironic how SGU will be more character-based, but fans' compalints of the poor quality of the SGA scripts which were devoted mostly to plot were ignored. Now, he is asking Elizabeth fans, in essence, to try out SGU despite the shoddy treatment of one of their favorite characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Our favorite photo wrangler has come through once again! Previously unreleased production stills from Sunday have been posted, including a bunch of Elizabeth and Mike Branton that would be excellent for manipping into some hot Sparky goodness! Save 'em while they're hot!
      Eieeee! I hate this episode but I love the stills.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
        As Eri87 wrote, his statements make me sad as well. ITA with you Anuna. I am also cynical because he has a history of yanking the fans around. TPTB didn't expect the reaction they got from fans when Torri was demoted and were rather smug about the decision as I recall. So, forgive me, Mr. Mallozi, if I don't believe your sincerity.

It's ironic how SGU will be more character-based, but fans' compalints of the poor quality of the SGA scripts which were devoted mostly to plot were ignored. Now, he is asking Elizabeth fans, in essence, to try out SGU despite the shoddy treatment of one of their favorite characters.
        Like the old saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

And we cynics are not gonna be fooled again.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          Eieeee! I hate this episode but I love the stills.
          And did you see those Carson/Teyla pics? I mean, yeah she's hurt and all, but... she's hurt and Carson gets to take care of her! *flails*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Talk is indeed cheap. It's easy for Mallozzi to tell us all this about both Sheppard and Weir now, after the show has been canceled and who the frak knows when or if we're ever gonna get even one movie, much less more than that. But actually delivering on any of what he's told us about? *snorts* I'm sure not gonna hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

I'll just be over here twisting his words for my own nefarious fanfictional purposes...

Sad is right. Sad, and mad, that none of them had the respect for the cast and the fans to bother doing anything like this when they still had the chance to. And certainly, in all of that, Mallozzi still didn't express any regret about actually cutting Torri and Weir in the first place. :rolleyes:
            So true!

Comment

And did you see those Carson/Teyla pics? I mean, yeah she's hurt and all, but... she's hurt and Carson gets to take care of her! *flails*
              Yeah, I was quite happy with those new pictures.

Comment

Yeah, what the hell? They can't figure out what to do with her, so they get rid of her, then they think of something to do with her, but they can't figure out how to end it? Geeze, guys, get a clue!

And yes, she had better live. How many times have we seen or heard of a version of Weir dying? Four.
                1) OldAU!Weir in Before I Sleep
                2) Hybrid!Weir in Lifeline
                3) Clone!Weir in This Mortal Coil
                4) Franibeth in Ghost in the Machine

The death card has not just been played, it's been overplayed. It's well past time to go in a new direction with Weir. And how much different from death can we get than... life and a happy ending.
                Wow! That's almost as bad as Daniel in SG1. I'd forgotten how many times she's 'died'!

Comment

Given ^ (the 'kenny' syndrome), how did you envision Weir being written out? Granted s3 was only part way through when I heard the character was being dropped to recurring, but I assumed she was going to be

a) shot

b) stabbed

c) kidnapped

d) fired

e) still there, but in a reduced capacity (ie still the leader, but we saw less of her, and more of Sam/John)

f) transferred back to the SGC to oversee the entire SG programme (her initial role if you recall)

When they started to release a few more details, they were along the lines of 'Dr Weir goes to extraordinary lengths to save the city'. At that point I assumed that everyone got evacuated and she got injured trying to do someone elses job (for some reason I foresaw an explosion of sorts in the ZPM room - wtf?) or that the replicators actually got into the city again, and she was injured/kidnapped.

What a fool am I
                  sigpic

Comment

i know this is off topic and i dont know if i posted this already but there is a new ncis spin off and one of the characters is ex-navy so people want Joe Flanigan to Play this Ex-Navy Guy but truthfully i would like to see him on NCIS i mean, Torri, Don Davis, Corin Nemec they have all been on the show would like to see another SG-1/SGA actor make the cross.

Comment

We were all fools at one time.

I kinda knew Elizabeth wasn't going to die because the spoilers just said 'reduced role'. This is also when TPTB said AT was not going to be a regular and Keller only had 5-6 episodes.

I was too angry she was tossed out that I didn't even speculate how.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        Given ^ (the 'kenny' syndrome), how did you envision Weir being written out? Granted s3 was only part way through when I heard the character was being dropped to recurring, but I assumed she was going to be

a) shot

b) stabbed

c) kidnapped

d) fired

e) still there, but in a reduced capacity (ie still the leader, but we saw less of her, and more of Sam/John)

f) transferred back to the SGC to oversee the entire SG programme (her initial role if you recall)

When they started to release a few more details, they were along the lines of 'Dr Weir goes to extraordinary lengths to save the city'. At that point I assumed that everyone got evacuated and she got injured trying to do someone elses job (for some reason I foresaw an explosion of sorts in the ZPM room - wtf?) or that the replicators actually got into the city again, and she was injured/kidnapped.

What a fool am I
                        Now I would have LOVED to see if they went down the 'kidnapped' kinda model. We had her being captured by replicators... why didn't we see her fight against them, see John trawling the Galaxy trying to find her (with or without permission). They don't leave their people behind.. yet as shown in the ep he seems forced to.

:: kicks plot bunny away... ::

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                          Wow! That's almost as bad as Daniel in SG1. I'd forgotten how many times she's 'died'!
                          Hey, I just thought of something!
                          Spoiler:
                          Up until Vegas, John and Elizabeth were tied for most deaths on SGA!
                          Already listed Lizzie's earlier, but John's:
                          1) 38 Minutes (they had to kill him to get the bug off)
                          2) AU!Shep in Before I Sleep
                          3) Clone!Shep in This Mortal Coil

Spoiler for S5:
                          Spoiler:
                          4) The Seed (like in 38 Minutes, he flatlined then was resuscitated)

And then John takes the lead in Vegas for #5... but if Lizzie was the medic, then they're still tied!

So we have yet another bond between John and Elizabeth.

Comment

See, they're even tied in deaths. Not that it means true love or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              That was excellent! Love Teyla being aware of the lovely Sparkiness.

GAHH! *slams head into desk repeatedly* Why!why!why?!! Besides the fact that TPTB are stupid... oh wait, there isn't another reason. Grrrr...

And this could even be worked into my theory on how they could bring Elizabeth back for the movie(s). My theory is this:
                              Spoiler:
                              Okay, I figure that the team is going to have to steal Atlantis because the Pegasus Galaxy is in trouble and the IOA/international gov'ts won't let them take the city back. (that has such potential awesomeness, epic heist! ) Anyway, we know there are still a few Asgard wandering around Pegasus somewhere who want to get rid of the Wraith once and for all. Now, seeing as how their little plan with the Atero device didn't work, they need a new approach. Not having had their Milky Way relatives experience with the Replicators (and maybe being in those suits for millenia have made them a leeetle bit crazy, who knows?) they hatch a plan that requires a Replicator to work. So they scan the galaxy looking for some and find a bunch of human forms floating in space... and one of them is still active (guess which one ). They hook her up to a computer and find out about her and I'm not really clear on the rest, but it leads to her either having her old body back (cue Mallozzi's plan) or at least building a new one that looks like her old one. John&co arrive to deal with whatever havoc the Asgard are causing and find Liz with them. And of course, this would eventually lead to Elizabeth being permanently reunited with her Atlantis family. (and the shipper in me must add this: John will finally! realize just how much she means to him and they'll get together. (just an arm around her shoulders at the end or holding hands and a lot of smiling at each other, that would be all they had to put to make me happy! Balcony scene! Like the one in EatG only better!))

Anyway, after that bit of a ramble... there are still a few kinks to work out, I know, but it's plausible! And it would make bringing in the Asgard again not completely useless!

I love this idea. But we had good ideas a long time ago. Too bad the pros couldn't come up with something equally good.

It means they have a unique bond.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                It means they have a unique bond.
                                It's their destiny. There's no avoiding it.

Comment

Working...
                                X