No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Anuna, check your email.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Amen sister. Someone should ask him about that at the next con. Isn't he doing one in the UK soon? Ask him if he thinks they should go get her. Heh.
    I know he's doing the Creation con in Vancouver in April...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Symbolism in Vegas.
      Spoiler:
      You may have hit on part of why I'm so into this one. It brought back the old English major days when I could write 10 pages on the symbolism behind the color green or do an indepth study of a character's relationship to his mother reflected in his treatment of his goldfish. Just joking but not far off. The cross was like a hammer to the back of the head...a redemption anvil if you will. All they needed to do was have him die with his arms outstretched. You could even say when he stretched out his arms and got patted down sorry, lost my train of thought for a moment by the guy before he was allowed into the poker game, that it had a bit of a sacrificial lamb vibe. If you really wanted to torture the symbolism. LOL
      Spoiler:
      *snickers* Sounds like me in my days as a Theatre major (and even further back in high school honors/AP literature courses!).

Re the cross and crucifixion symbolism: Gee, didn't Vegas!Shep even take a wound to the right side of his abdomen? Granted, it wasn't from a spear, but... Oh yeah, let's milk this one for all it's worth!

Hmm, reminds me of the similar crucifixion symbolism in Superman Returns, come to think of it...

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Ooooh, I like that.

There's more.
      Spoiler:
      He wore the cross and he had a new, clean shirt, which was white. If I'm not mistaken white is the color of purity, he was sacrificing himself in order to save everyone so we could assume his soul was purified? I used to be good at this too.
      Spoiler:
      *flails* OMG, that's PERFECT. Especially with John's recent penchant for wearing all-black in the main timeline (yeah, technically that started before First Strike, but then, we could always interpret that as foreshadowing his truly becoming a widower... that's my story, and I'm sticking to it!). And now Vegas!Shep is wearing a white shirt under his black suit as he goes to the slaughter.

Spoiler:
      For more torture symbolism, try Remnants. Not only the ep was about leftovers of a civilization, we could see that this John is actually leftovers of what he used to be. At least that's how I saw the whole ep.... John's part was the only one worth watching anyway.
      Spoiler:
      Hah! But that's a very good point about John being in pieces, only a shade of his former self.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You know - just send me a PM when you're done talking about Vegas and/or EATG.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Arghh! If I see the word Vegas on more time, I’m gonna have to watch it. I will know what you’re talking about then. *Closes eyes so I don't see*
          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I found a scan of the quote of awesome by JF. I know some of you wanted to see it.

Spoiler:

Credit goes to rinoax on lj.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              I found a scan of the quote of awesome by JF. I know some of you wanted to see it.

Spoiler:

*sigh* He's SUCH a sparky fan!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
              I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
              Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Oooh! And I just finally got my own copy of the magazine today!

Everybody, go save this scan for posterity! Frame it and mount it on your walls as proof!

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                  Arghh! If I see the word Vegas on more time, I’m gonna have to watch it. I will know what you’re talking about then. *Closes eyes so I don't see*
                  *snerks* Join the Dark Side... Watch Vegas... You know you want to... LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    You know - just send me a PM when you're done talking about Vegas and/or EATG.
                    FH watch the epis!! Or do you not want to?
                    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      I love symbolism torture! (I just never did it very well in class ) So I get a kick out of reading people's interpretations. (is Shep symbolism torture a form of Shep Whump?)
                      Of course. Emo whump at its best.

Ooooh, I like that.

There's more.
                      Spoiler:
                      He wore the cross and he had a new, clean shirt, which was white. If I'm not mistaken white is the color of purity, he was sacrificing himself in order to save everyone so we could assume his soul was purified? I used to be good at this too.

For more torture symbolism, try Remnants. Not only the ep was about leftovers of a civilization, we could see that this John is actually leftovers of what he used to be. At least that's how I saw the whole ep.... John's part was the only one worth watching anyway.

I think it might be called that. You a whumper?
                      There ya go. You're good at this.

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                      Vegas baby!
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        FH watch the epis!! Or do you not want to?
                        I think (I could be wrong) that the episodes haven't aired in FH's neck of the woods yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post

Spoiler:

Something else I just noticed... the funny little comment JoeF makes about his wife at the very end of his answer to the last question. *snerks* Oh Joe, you amuse me so...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I think (I could be wrong) that the episodes haven't aired in FH's neck of the woods yet.
                            You are correct of course. I forgot! Sorry FH!

So now let's talk about who's going to ask JF about sending John to rescue Elizabeth? We need someone to ask questions at the cons!

AGH. I wish I was going this year!
                            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                              You shall come over to the Vegas side dear. It's a wonderful epi, meaningful & from the looks around here has sparked pages upon pages of convo. Can't be all bad right?
                              I'll be sure to download it (and Remnants) onto my new computer this weekend. And then that would probably add more vids to my to-do list.

Loving the symbolism talk. Yeah, I'm pretty sure

Spoiler:
                              White represents purity in many cultures. Can't wait to see what else I can find when I get time to watch it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              I know he's doing the Creation con in Vancouver in April...
                              Wait -- I thought that one was this weekend which was why I couldn't go!?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                I'll be sure to download it (and Remnants) onto my new computer this weekend. And then that would probably add more vids to my to-do list.

Loving the symbolism talk. Yeah, I'm pretty sure

Spoiler:
                                White represents purity in many cultures. Can't wait to see what else I can find when I get time to watch it.
                                You will LOVE Vegas. Love love love it.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                Wait -- I thought that one was this weekend which was why I couldn't go!?
                                Nope, it's April 2-5.

Comment

Working...
                                X