Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    That's my opinion of TLG too. Interesting to have BIS as #1 though.
    I personally would have picked TRW as number one. *shrug*

Surprisingly partisan for GW don't shoot me mods, it's just unusual for the opinions of GW to differ from the party line of TPTW
    There were actually people complaining about the last Gero interview and how GW interviewer kept mentioning his own opinions and what fans think instead of just asking questions. Haha.

Ah. I must have had a man's look

#1 is CG - Todd, Kolya, Sparky. That's a love triangle I can support *runs*
    Hee. Though, that's not a triangle, it's a rectangle.

There was an R-rated Kolya/Sheppard fic that popped up on my LJ a few weeks ago. Not really what floats my boat so I didn't read it, but I'm sure I can find it when I get home if you're intrested.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      That's because she really is the ghost in the machine.
      It would appear so

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      I personally would have picked TRW as number one. *shrug*
      Actually, I'd have gone for either Lifeline, Common Ground or Progeny.

There were actually people complaining about the last Gero interview and how GW interviewer kept mentioning his own opinions and what fans think instead of just asking questions. Haha.
      Really? I must get out and read more

Hee. Though, that's not a triangle, it's a rectangle.

There was an R-rated Kolya/Sheppard fic that popped up on my LJ a few weeks ago. Not really what floats my boat so I didn't read it, but I'm sure I can find it when I get home if you're intrested.
      No. Just no
      sigpic

Comment

*giggle*

Actually, I'd have gone for either Lifeline, Common Ground or Progeny.
        Progeny is a good contender; I would say Conversion may actually be, too.

Really? I must get out and read more
        The comments on that article are gone now due to the hilariously inflammatory remarks (they were pretty awful though I agreed with plenty of them) but the interview with Gero is still there. It's mostly in the last few pages because at least half of the interview is about his sex movie.

Comment

Actually I don't read everything and anything - when it's slash I'll probably turn around. Not too fond of m/m.
          I avoid slash too, but the chance that sparky and slash are combined in a fic is very small

Sig by me

Comment

Has anyone read this?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...lizabeth-weir/

I don't very often go in through the main page so I missed it. They haven't done Shep yet. No doubt he will be at the end of the week
            Thanks for the link! I checked it out and even commented--they wrote up some great stuff for the Elizabeth commentary. I still can't agree that GITM was a 'fitting conclusion' to Elizabeth's character. I will never agree with that!
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              ...but the chance that sparky and slash are combined in a fic is very small
              You need to get out more...

I'm not talking about McShep here... All sorts of m/m so you could have a hint of Sparky and then there would be Rodney/Kavanaugh (and trust me I know cause I wrote that one for the 2007 edition of Rare_pairings).

And then there's Sparky and Kate/Teyla for example... but that's femslash which is my favorite so that probably doesn't count much.

Just to mention a few of course.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm not talking about McShep here... All sorts of m/m so you could have a hint of Sparky and then there would be Rodney/Kavanaugh (and trust me I know cause I wrote that one for the 2007 edition of Rare_pairings).

And then there's Sparky and Kate/Teyla for example... but that's femslash which is my favorite so that probably doesn't count much.

I have to admit, I read hundreds of sparky fics and only came across a handful of combined sparky/slash fics... I remember a fun one with McKay/Carson though but that's not important now and it's been ages since I came across one actually...
                *hugs Command Dynamics* Apparently the writers there aren't that slash minded either

Sig by me

Comment

Has anyone read this?

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...lizabeth-weir/

I don't very often go in through the main page so I missed it. They haven't done Shep yet. No doubt he will be at the end of the week
                  Well, well, for what was supposed to be today's 'best-of' list, they sure took their sweet time getting it posted!

I definitely don't agree with GitM being a 'fitting conclusion' to her character, though; that's just insulting.

That's my opinion of TLG too. Interesting to have BIS as #1 though. The comment at the end was interesting

Spoiler:
                  As with our other favorites, this episode shows the importance of Atlantis and the lengths to which Weir will go to protect the city, the expedition, and her people — even before she really knew them. That’s how we will choose to remember Elizabeth Weir: at every moment as the great defender of Atlantis

Surprisingly partisan for GW don't shoot me mods, it's just unusual for the opinions of GW to differ from the party line of TPTW
                  I was surprised by that myself, given how GW has tried to downplay Weir/Torri and fans of both character and actress in the past. Well, the attempt to balance things out now, however short-lived it might be, is a nice gesture.

It's a pity TPTW never saw that in her as we did.

^ did anybody else notice that even GW's server has called Dr Weir 'lizabeth?
                  *snickers* The rotating GW header even came up as the Elizabeth header when I brought up the page. Fitting.
                  Last edited by Scary Kitty; 07 January 2009, 02:16 PM. Reason: further clarification
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    The comments on that article are gone now due to the hilariously inflammatory remarks (they were pretty awful though I agreed with plenty of them) but the interview with Gero is still there. It's mostly in the last few pages because at least half of the interview is about his sex movie.
                    Just went and read though it. I must say I'm surprised by it. Maybe its coz the show is coming to an end *shrugs* I remember there was a fuss about it at the time but I never went to investigate.

I wouldn't have said the interviewer was being particularly harsh. It seemed to me that for the most part he was voicing some of the criticisms of GW posters, plus putting in his own 2c afterwards. Although I did laugh when Gero said that the ratings don't drop 50% for Keller, and he repsonded by saying that no, they'd just been falling steadily

Nothing about Sparky, or the disappearance of the other main characters.
                    sigpic

Comment

There's also the Learning to Fly series by muppetmanda. It's Sparky, with additional Spanky, McKay/Beckett, Cadman/Brown, and Heightmeyer/Lorne.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        There's also the Learning to Fly series by muppetmanda. It's Sparky, with additional Spanky, McKay/Beckett, Cadman/Brown, and Heightmeyer/Lorne.
                        *Can't help herself and goes reading it*

Sig by me

Comment

*snickers* The rotating GW header even came up as the Elizabeth header when I brought up the page. Fitting.
                          PROOF!!!

Aw, Kate/Lorne - that is such a sweet pairing, which I wrote once. She's so multishippable.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Is it me or do other people also have major problems with loading the pages/chapters?

Sig by me

Comment

PROOF!!!
                              Funny thing was, the Elizabeth header came up on the Teyla 'best-of' list first time I looked at it as well.

Aw, Kate/Lorne - that is such a sweet pairing, which I wrote once. She's so multishippable.
                              She really is! *huggles Kate*

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                              Is it me or do other people also have major problems with loading the pages/chapters?
                              It's not just manda's journal; my own LJ and a few others I've tried aren't coming up for me either. Hopefully this is temporary. Grrr.

Comment

It's not just manda's journal; my own LJ and a few others I've tried aren't coming up for me either. Hopefully this is temporary. Grrr.
                                *growls at LJ for being down and leaving me hanging after reading chapter 1 (which I loved btw)*

EDIT: LJ is back: yay!!
                                Last edited by KrisRussel; 07 January 2009, 03:34 PM. Reason: LJ is back: yay!!

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X