Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Hows this for an ending:

Keller is swimming out on the east pier. The Daedalus comes in to land. Rodney radioes that she is in the way but Colonel Skinner lands on her anyway because thats how he rolls.

Blah blah blah crisis in ep, resolved by McKay inverting the doohickey. Carter announces that she is gay and thats why her and jack never hooked up and she was secretly in love with keller too. Ronon consoles her. They bond over their feelings for keller and ......

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the end scenes (irrespective of the rest of the ep) touched on the final scenes of Rising. Perhaps all of them having a toast, being happy, and then Shep goes to the side and flips a coin. The reason is left open to interpretation, and the last shot is the coin landing head up. What appears to be a fade out is actually a morph to Lifeline Elizabeth in a stasis pod dun dun dun........ Cue movie
    Now THAT would rock!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, and before I forget...

Tomorrow (Saturday, December 13) is our "The Siege" trilogy post-a-thon! Start time is 1:30 pm Pacific time! Be there! John and Elizabeth are counting on you!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Perfect. Tomorrow is a snow day.

EDIT: I remember a site that ran through WireImage and would let you download semi-good quality photos but I can't find it! Cos I want want want some of these pictures: http://wireimage.com/searchresults.a...gginson&sfld=C

Comment

Hello folks. Once last pop in before I head out for the weekend.

Hard for me to really play on Sparky thread on the weekends. Stupid dial-up internet connection at home.

And, I've got serious Christmas shopping agenda for tomorrow, so I'll miss the post-a-thon. Sorry, but working full-time with a busy home life means I'm always down to the wire on holiday shopping.

And, back to the awesome discussion we've got going.

It IS a total GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR that John isn't getting a happy ending in all of this.

He needs gorgeous, glowing, ascended Elizabeth to come back to him and make him happy again.
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Tomorrow (Saturday, December 13) is our "The Siege" trilogy post-a-thon! Start time is 1:30 pm Pacific time! Be there! John and Elizabeth are counting on you!
            I will TRY to be there. I need to wrap and do my Christmas cards. But I'm not feeling too great, so I don't think I'll be running around too much. Hopefully that means I'll be there to sign on.

But don't hate me if I forget.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              *sporks the ptb* That's a really significant thing to do to your "main" character. (Because I'm one who believe Atlantis could and should have had an ensemble cast.) Especially when you bring up the scene in "Rising", Eri, where he's flipping the coin on the hill. So was going to Atlantis the wrong choice or the right one? Was it for the better, because of all the love he's experienced there? Or was it for the worse, due to the fact that he ultimately ends up losing in the end?
              I agree that they treated the character of John and consequently the actor abominably. We'll probably never know the complete reason behind that but I admire JF for sticking up for him principles and never giving up. Just think how bad the character would have been if he had gone along with whatever they wanted. *shudders*

The question is how would his life have been different if he had decided not to go? And was it worth it? Only John can decide.

It's been said also that he wasn't flipping that coin to decide whether to go to Atlantis. Jack seemed to make it clear that they needed a decision right away. He may have been flipping the coin over whether or not to contact his family since the other scenes at that time dealt with Ford, Carson and Rodney saying goodbye to family, cats, cute neighbors, etc. I think John just said WTH and agreed to go.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              You know, they say "what doesn't kill you makes you tougher". I don't think it works for John. I think he can only wonder why it didn't kill him. Sometimes I wonder if he's even remotely religious, or if not religious, does he believe in God. Now, why would God give someone a burden so heavy to carry? I can imagine him asking those questions and looking for answers.

Most of the time we keep saying that TPTW sacrificed Elizabeth, but along with her they did the same to John. Sometimes the time doesn't heal wounds. They only hurt less, but still keep hurting.
              Perhaps he lost his faith when his mother died. After that he just thinks karma is a ***** and out to get him.

I think it's hard to tell that he thinks it was 'worth it' on and external level, but I think we know on his emotional level that this is what is true. And as much as I think he'll regret that he wasn't able to save them, I don't think he ever regrets going there in the first place. I wouldn't call his a happy ending at all -- it's practically tragedy material. But I think he's fully satisfied with his choice and the experience of loving and being loved in return.
              ITA. I don't think he would exchange his time with any of his friends for having not known them.

I probably won't make it. I have RL things to do. Bad timing.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Perfect. Tomorrow is a snow day.

EDIT: I remember a site that ran through WireImage and would let you download semi-good quality photos but I can't find it! Cos I want want want some of these pictures: http://wireimage.com/searchresults.a...gginson&sfld=C
                *flails and squees at the Torri pics*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                I will TRY to be there. I need to wrap and do my Christmas cards. But I'm not feeling too great, so I don't think I'll be running around too much. Hopefully that means I'll be there to sign on.

But don't hate me if I forget.
                Don't worry, a couple of hours with some classic Atlantis and Sparky goodness will have you feeling better in no time!

And darn! SMB_BOOKS and Southern Red; we'll miss you two tomorrow! I figured this was probably the last weekend to try for the trilogy before the Christmas/New Years' crush hits.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                It IS a total GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR that John isn't getting a happy ending in all of this.

He needs gorgeous, glowing, ascended Elizabeth to come back to him and make him happy again.
                Ascended!Sparky sex. The one sure cure for what ails John.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I agree that they treated the character of John and consequently the actor abominably. We'll probably never know the complete reason behind that but I admire JF for sticking up for him principles and never giving up. Just think how bad the character would have been if he had gone along with whatever they wanted. *shudders*
                *joins in the shuddering* Perish the thought!

The question is how would his life have been different if he had decided not to go? And was it worth it? Only John can decide.

It's been said also that he wasn't flipping that coin to decide whether to go to Atlantis. Jack seemed to make it clear that they needed a decision right away. He may have been flipping the coin over whether or not to contact his family since the other scenes at that time dealt with Ford, Carson and Rodney saying goodbye to family, cats, cute neighbors, etc. I think John just said WTH and agreed to go.
                That's a good point. Add to that his line to Elizabeth in 'Letters From Pegasus' about some people just not having anyone back home, and, well...

Perhaps he lost his faith when his mother died. After that he just thinks karma is a ***** and out to get him.
                That's what I think, too.

ITA. I don't think he would exchange his time with any of his friends for having not known them.
                *nods* No matter how much it hurts to remember what he's lost. *sniffs and hugs John*

Comment

Just a quick Identity report

Spoiler:

and furthermore
                  Spoiler:
                  If it hadn't been for the little bit of John, I would have fallen asleep. It was just a showcase of McEwww. Teyla should have been the one taken over not Keller.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm on for tommorow's post-a-thon, BUT I may not be able to join you guys for Seige Part 3 because I stupidly misplaced the first disc for S2. I'll try to find the missing disc before tommorow, but " All Bets Are Off."

Comment

Spoiler:

and furthermore
                      Spoiler:
                      If it hadn't been for the little bit of John, I would have fallen asleep. It was just a showcase of McEwww. Teyla should have been the one taken over not Keller.
                      Is it wrong that I'm totally loling? The closer we get to SGA's end with no sheyla the better it makes me feel. I'm selfish.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                        Is it wrong that I'm totally loling? The closer we get to SGA's end with no sheyla the better it makes me feel. I'm selfish.
                        You won't hear me disagreeing! But it's so sad to see what they've done to this show.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Is it too much to hope that
                          Spoiler:
                          Elizabeth ascended and can therefore "descend" and wind up naked in John's arms? (well, everytime Daniel descended he wound up naked....)

I intend to be here for 'Siege' but I have no idea what my uncle and aunt are going to think seeing me simultaneously watching a dvd and posting online...

Comment

I'm watching Identity right now... rather, I've got it on in the background and am barely paying attention to it. What a yawn fest.

Spoiler:

and furthermore
                            Spoiler:
                            *snickers*

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                            Naw, it's not wrong. And if that's selfish, then I'm just as selfish.

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
                              Is it too much to hope that
                              Spoiler:
                              Elizabeth ascended and can therefore "descend" and wind up naked in John's arms? (well, everytime Daniel descended he wound up naked....)
                              I seem to recall coming across a fic in which
                              Spoiler:
                              Elizabeth ascended, then descended and John walked into his quarters to find Elizabeth naked in his bed...

Comment

I seem to recall coming across a fic in which
                                Spoiler:
                                Elizabeth ascended, then descended and John walked into his quarters to find Elizabeth naked in his bed...
                                *claps hands* Oh yes, i remember that one...oh no, wasn't it naked in his office? maybe there's two? I want the links either way!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                                I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                                Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X