• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
    Oooooh, pretty!

Back to the game...

#1 They have the matching eyes.
    #2 They are completely original.
    #3 They're always watching over each other.
    #4 They'll have beautiful children.
    #5 They finish each other's thoughts.
    #6 They care about each other.
    #7 They make grey BDUs look sexy.
    #8 They are both great leaders.
    #9 They go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
    #10 They take care of the people under their command.
    #11 They trust each other to make the right decisions for Atlantis and each other.
    #12 Their concept of "personal space" is much more personal than everyone else's.
    #13 Their chemistry is hot enough to melt a sun.
    #14 They mirror each other's body language!
    #15 They like to hang out on balconies together.
    #16 Their smiles can light up the entire city. Who needs a ZPM?
    #17 They angst about each other yet still manage to get the job done.
    #18 They can go from flirting with each other to mutually snarking an opponent into the floor at the drop of a hat.
    #19 They would personally risk everything for the sake of the other, but not their principles, no matter the cost.
    # 20 Sparky is the obvious ship.
    #21 He cheers her up when she is down.
    #22 She is there for him even when he's turning into a big, ugly, blue bug.
    #23 He risks his life to save her without thought or hesitation.
    #24 He cries for her.
    #25 Her face lights up when he comes home alive.
    #26 He sits on her desk.
    #27 She sits by his side in the infirmary while he turns into a bug.
    #28 She fights to keep him as her second in command and he defends her honor.
    #29 The STARE.
    #30 He defends her when Woolsey questions her decisions.
    #31: She's with him and he's with her, either way or eye-ther way.
    #32: When her name is mentioned somewhere around him he gives a look that he still cares about her.
    #33: He understood that she wouldn't want to live as a machine.
    #34: She understood he would never want her to give in to Kolya's demands.
    #35 He found out when her birthday was so he could give her a surprise present.
    #36 She insisted he be promoted so he would still be military commander.
    #37 She entered the time field to help rescue him.
    #38: She took a chance by asking him on the expedition even though he had a black mark on his record.
    #39 They look cute lying on side-by-side beds in the infirmary wearing their matching patient scrubs.
    #40 They've turned saving each other into an art form.
    #41: They're so obvious everyone else notices.

#42 He allowed himself to be possessed by an alien for her.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Oooh, yes! And both Dad and brother Dave blamed John for it, even if he wasn't found at fault. That's deliciously angsty.

*bows in worship* Actions speak louder than words. Absolutely!

And not just the writers...
      Spoiler:
      could JoeF and Torri have known and been deliberately playing it that way, but publicly denying it (or at least playing coy) whenever they were asked, to deflect attention and keep fans guessing... Hmmm. Food for thought.
      It was definitely not the writers, except maybe CB and
      Spoiler:
      I know Joe and Torri both said they talked about ways to play a scene together. I doubt they always played it flirty but it wouldn't make sense if they didn't sometimes. Like the desk sitting scenes and a few others. I think they just enjoyed working together and it showed. Otherwise he wouldn't have said on more than one occasion that he missed her and encouraged the fans to go on that blog and say they wanted her back. Obviously he wanted her back too. He clicks really well with most all the others, but it hasn't been the same. I think JF and RP have great chemistry, but that extra, dare I say, spark is just missing. And I love the way Joe calls RP his "hot new leading lady", meaning he lost the old one. LOL
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Spoiler:
        I know Joe and Torri both said they talked about ways to play a scene together. I doubt they always played it flirty but it wouldn't make sense if they didn't sometimes. Like the desk sitting scenes and a few others. I think they just enjoyed working together and it showed. Otherwise he wouldn't have said on more than one occasion that he missed her and encouraged the fans to go on that blog and say they wanted her back. Obviously he wanted her back too. He clicks really well with most all the others, but it hasn't been the same. I think JF and RP have great chemistry, but that extra, dare I say, spark is just missing. And I love the way Joe calls RP his "hot new leading lady", meaning he lost the old one. LOL
        Exactly.
        Spoiler:
        It had to be a conscious decision on their part to play things a certain way, at least when the script really lent itself to being played that way. It's all about the chemistry between actors; they had it, they knew they had it, and they both did what any good actor would do, which was to use it to add that extra "oomph" to their performances.

Hah! I (and everyone else in the room) got such a kick out of JF tossing out that "hot new leading lady" line at Comic-Con. What a hoot!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Haha, I like the old and new one reference. And the old one was probably a better one, right? Hehe. Nothing like the real thing. And he did a balcony scene (at least one) with both of them.

I can't brinf myself to truly dislike Woolsey or Robert Picardo, but he will never be the same as Elizabeth no matter how many "cool" moments he gets. Plus Elizabeth always looked hotter in uniform.

There are people who say, repeatedly, that JF was misquoted when Elizabeth fans refer on his comments about Torri. Well, he must have been misquoted many times, by too many people then. I'm not one of those people who wants to know and read everything the actors said or did, but Joe's support for Torri was something really exceptional.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Oh, I forgot - I watched Mamma Mia last night. I kept re casting Sparky into the roles of Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan, and kept laughing. Actually I could recast the whole 'Gateverse into Mamma Mia easily. Crazyness!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Haha, I like the old and new one reference. And the old one was probably a better one, right? Hehe. Nothing like the real thing. And he did a balcony scene (at least one) with both of them.
              *snickers*

I can't brinf myself to truly dislike Woolsey or Robert Picardo, but he will never be the same as Elizabeth no matter how many "cool" moments he gets. Plus Elizabeth always looked hotter in uniform.
              ROTFLMAO!

There are people who say, repeatedly, that JF was misquoted when Elizabeth fans refer on his comments about Torri. Well, he must have been misquoted many times, by too many people then. I'm not one of those people who wants to know and read everything the actors said or did, but Joe's support for Torri was something really exceptional.
              And no doubt, most if not all of those people are Weir/Torri-haters. So it's not like we can take anything they say seriously, right?

Comment

Oh, I forgot - I watched Mamma Mia last night. I kept re casting Sparky into the roles of Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan, and kept laughing. Actually I could recast the whole 'Gateverse into Mamma Mia easily. Crazyness!
                *snickers* I'm watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith (one of the inspirations for The Long Goodbye) right now... crazyfunny stuff.

Comment

Before I sign off for the night, another entry for the game...

#11 They trust each other to make the right decisions for Atlantis and each other.
                  #12 Their concept of "personal space" is much more personal than everyone else's.
                  #18 They can go from flirting with each other to mutually snarking an opponent into the floor at the drop of a hat.
                  #19 They would personally risk everything for the sake of the other, but not their principles, no matter the cost.
                  #24 He cries for her.
                  #26 He sits on her desk.
                  #29 The STARE.
                  #32: When her name is mentioned somewhere around him he gives a look that he still cares about her.
                  #38: She took a chance by asking him on the expedition even though he had a black mark on his record.
                  #39 They look cute lying on side-by-side beds in the infirmary wearing their matching patient scrubs.

#43 Though their ideals may sometimes conflict, they're always willing to listen to what the other has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                    Very nice!

The only contribution to Sparky day is another wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

What is Sparky day commemorating anyway? The ship in general? TLG? The last time I was here (before my 18 months in the abyss) the general consensus was not to have a Sparky day.

Comment

The people who are "misquoting" JF must have had a mass hallucination. In different locations, at different times. LOL

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      *snickers*

ROTFLMAO!

And no doubt, most if not all of those people are Weir/Torri-haters. So it's not like we can take anything they say seriously, right?
                      Let's analyze that:

1. You spread the Weir hatred across multiple threads, working it into topics where it doesn't even belong over more than a year.

2. You read positive comments about Torri from her co-star that directly contradicts your idea that his character hates her character.

3. You express disbelief in said comments and say he was misquoted.

Yeah, sounds about right.

Oh, and let's not forget. 4. You will now claim mean people are persecuting you and they are the delusional ones. Ooookkkaaayyy.

And now:

#24 He cries for her.
                      #26 He sits on her desk.
                      #29 The STARE.
                      #43 Though their ideals may sometimes conflict, they're always willing to listen to what the other has to say.

#44. He knows she'll always say yes, but gives her the puppy eyes just in case
                      sigpic

Comment

Interesting heads up! Does anyone else listen to the podcasts? The listener question this week in about ship. I just gave them my opinion.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=56601&page=16
                        sigpic

Comment

Interesting heads up! Does anyone else listen to the podcasts? The listener question this week in about ship. I just gave them my opinion.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=56601&page=16
                          I gave my two humble cents there. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=310 I think it's good for sparky to get some attention.

Comment

#24 He cries for her.
                            #26 He sits on her desk.
                            #29 The STARE.
                            #44. He knows she'll always say yes, but gives her the puppy eyes just in case

# 45 They're canon, despite everything and everyone.

Comment

Thanks, hon. Here's a tidbit you'll love. About Vegas
                              Spoiler:
                              It supposedly has Johnny Cash music!
                              Spoiler:
                              Squee!
                              Also Rolling Stones and Marilyn Manson. Okay that last one is not so good, but
                              Spoiler:
                              Johnny!
                              *pokes Anuna to actually watch an episode of S5*
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, hon. Here's a tidbit you'll love. About Vegas
                                Spoiler:
                                It supposedly has Johnny Cash music!
                                Spoiler:
                                Squee!
                                Also Rolling Stones and Marilyn Manson. Okay that last one is not so good, but
                                Spoiler:
                                Johnny!
                                *pokes Anuna to actually watch an episode of S5*
                                You'll need to keep poking! They FINALLY decided to include actual
                                Spoiler:

Cash music?!! I want to know which song, damn it!!!!!
                                Which reminds me. I want to make a video.

Comment

Working...
                                X