No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inquistion was an okay. I was watching the scene with Woolsey Describing the whole Asuran thing and them losing elizabeth. Personally i think Sheppard should've of done it. if Joe Flanigan did it we would've loved it more. plus i was reading somewhere that someone ask if we would see Sheppard's thoughts and guilt and joe Mallozzi said "wont be in inquistion but in Remnants." Im hoping that it will be in Remnants i wanna really see how sheppard feels about Losing Elizabeth. Lifeline, This Mortal Coil and Ghost in the Machine did explore it but i dont know. im rambling arent i?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      CUSTOM AVATAR!!!
      Really? I thought it was 3,000?

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Congrats on 2000!
      Thanks!

I haven't seen John's relationship with Teyla evolve one bit since season one -- other than the fact the more she calls him "John" I'm getting slightly more unnerved given the circumstances. (*cough*SearchandRescue*cough*.) Buddy/buddy with Woolsey, he sure is -- I think the last "Boston Legal" act on Sparky's balcony proved it all, no matter how out of character it is for them to become so close so fast. (I'm still deciding if John is Denny or Alan Shore.) John and Teyla beat each other with sticks. They don't watch whales. They don't meditate. They don't chug beer. They don't joke with each other. They work together and sit at the same table. They don't drink coffee, they don't make each other giggle, he doesn't sit on the table she's at, and most of all, they do not have their own balcony.
      ROTLFMAO! Just as possession is nine-tenths of the law, those little friendly moments are nine-tenths of chemistry. John and Elizabeth have it. 'Nuff said.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        Inquistion was an okay. I was watching the scene with Woolsey Describing the whole Asuran thing and them losing elizabeth. Personally i think Sheppard should've of done it. if Joe Flanigan did it we would've loved it more. plus i was reading somewhere that someone ask if we would see Sheppard's thoughts and guilt and joe Mallozzi said "wont be in inquistion but in Remnants." Im hoping that it will be in Remnants i wanna really see how sheppard feels about Losing Elizabeth. Lifeline, This Mortal Coil and Ghost in the Machine did explore it but i dont know. im rambling arent i?
        Rambling is good for you.

And I'd forgotten about Mallozzi's answer that we'd see John's feelings of guilt in Remnants. Ruined_puzzle was right on the money!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Diverging a little from the topic, I always thought Teyla seems much closer to Ronon, Carson, and Lorne than John, and at times she seems more at ease with Rodney, too. Teyla acts very different when with the former -- when with Ronon, Carson and Lorne she's much more ... comfortable and the feng shui is right with them.

With John, she's different -- much more uptight, orderly, stoic, whether when relaxing or in the field. She doesn't seem as at ease with him. And it's only with Teyla/John that you get this odd awkwardness. It's more rigid. I never got the sense that they were as close as many people make them out to be. (Or TPTB intended them to be.)
          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Yes! And John is the same stiff, formal way with Teyla, yet he's so much more relaxed with anyone other than Teyla. Hell, he's more buddy-buddy with Woolsey, for pity's sake! Some people would no doubt try to argue that John and Teyla are so uncomfortable with each other because they supposedly have "hidden feelings" for each other, but after five years, that argument loses any credibility.

ETA: OMG! I just hit 2,000 posts!
          You two just don't get it. That's TPTW's version of UST. Can't you just see the chemistry? It's alive! And it looks like Teyla hid her feelings quite well. coughKanaancough And in TLT John was asking about
          Spoiler:
          Larrin like a middle school student. I kept expecting him to send her a note.
          These writers have lost all credibility with all shipper groups I think.

Congrats on 2000.

I heard that too but will believe it when I see it. It will probably last about 30 secs then switch over to Rodney. And definitely won't involve Elizabeth. BTW, I always try to find a Sparky moment in every S5 ep. So in Inquisition
          Spoiler:
          when John was out on the balcony all alone looking at the stars before Woolsey came out with that nice smooth single malt and fine Cuban cigars, John was thinking about how the whole trial thing had made losing her all fresh again. The scotch helped. The cigar, not so much.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            You two just don't get it. That's TPTW's version of UST. Can't you just see the chemistry? It's alive! And it looks like Teyla hid her feelings quite well. coughKanaancough And in TLT John was asking about
            Spoiler:
            Larrin like a middle school student. I kept expecting him to send her a note.
            These writers have lost all credibility with all shipper groups I think.
            Yeah, it's so alive I can see it crawling out of the primordial ooze! *cackles*

Congrats on 2000.
            Thanks!

I heard that too but will believe it when I see it. It will probably last about 30 secs then switch over to Rodney. And definitely won't involve Elizabeth. BTW, I always try to find a Sparky moment in every S5 ep. So in Inquisition
            Spoiler:
            when John was out on the balcony all alone looking at the stars before Woolsey came out with that nice smooth single malt and fine Cuban cigars, John was thinking about how the whole trial thing had made losing her all fresh again. The scotch helped. The cigar, not so much.
            Nah, maybe 10 seconds, tops.

I like your take on the Inquisition
            Spoiler:
            balcony scene. And I'll bet that John was all quiet and brooding in the cell just thinking about Elizabeth while Woolsey was pleading their case.

Comment

So in Inquisition
              Spoiler:
              Maybe Woolsey lost a wife and knows how John feels. No wonder the two have bonded so quickly.

They weren't Cubans? Darn. I'd like to think someone was smuggling them.

Comment

Maybe Woolsey lost a wife and knows how John feels. No wonder the two have bonded so quickly.
                Didn't Woolsey say that he was divorced? And his wife got the dog?

They weren't Cubans? Darn. I'd like to think someone was smuggling them.
                Yeah, the idea that straight-laced Woolsey would be smuggling Cuban cigars just kills me! With the 50-bottle wine chiller and crystal wine glasses in his quarters, and now the scotch and cigars, clearly Woolsey likes the finer things.

Sooo... They're both divorced, they're both from wealthy backgrounds... Looks like TPTW have found their new OTP: Sheppard/Woolsey!

Comment

LOL.

I love this theory. It is my canon now.
                  sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Yeah, the idea that straight-laced Woolsey would be smuggling Cuban cigars just kills me! With the 50-bottle wine chiller and crystal wine glasses in his quarters, and now the scotch and cigars, clearly Woolsey likes the finer things.
                    Now you got me thinking Robert Picardo would make a GREAT James Bond villain. I can imagine him playing the role of the cigar-smoking wealthy industrialist with his own private vineyard and still wants to take over the world.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                    I love this theory. It is my canon now.
                    I win at fandom. They can be both divorced and both lost someone. Now they will grow to be sad, lonely old men.

John and Richard have more in common that anybody ever imagined.

Comment

Now you got me thinking Robert Picardo would make a GREAT James Bond villain. I can imagine him playing the role of the cigar-smoking wealthy industrialist with his own private vineyard and still wants to take over the world.
                      Oh, I LOVE that!

I win at fandom. They can be both divorced and both lost someone. Now they will grow to be sad, lonely old men.

John and Richard have more in common that anybody ever imagined.
                      They're not lonely at all... they have each other! Why do you think I said they're TPTW's new OTP! Ah, TPTW are so fickle, they've abandoned poor McKeller already...

Comment

Oh, please, acting all tense, formal and cold turkey because of ZOMG hidden feelings! is something 13 year olds do. Maybe that finally proves John isn't mensa, but a retard TPTW try to write him as? Also, John probably suffers from selective amnesia, when embracing Wooley boy so quickly. You know that defending your honor thing? And the fact Elizabeth is floating out there and all it takes is a jumper ride through the gate to bring her home?

How long before the end? I want this show over yesterday.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                          Oh. My. God. Anuna, I'm already bowing down to you, if possible i am bowing lower. I've just read Lullaby Exercise. Oh. My. GOD! It gave me shivers, i was on the edge of my seat....wow. Left me breathless.
                          http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...y.php?sid=1397
                          (SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!) I LOVED IT!!!! Very well done!!!

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
                          Just read this, it's brilliant. Poor Rodney!
                          Glad you liked it. I actually wrote it, like, a year ago, or longer??? And the funny thing is, now I really like Rodney!!!

It's okay, I enjoy rambling ... and as for the part about Remnants, I'm really looking forward to seeing what You-know-who pulls out of his bag to try and hurt Sheppard. I personally think that'll happen in the last fifteen minutes, because
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          if Kolya rubbed in losing Elizabeth to John, that would be the one thing that sets him off. No more Mr. Nice Lt. Col. Sheppard ... the gloves come off and Kolya would be toast. Oh, John doesn't have his gun??? Well, under the threat of death Rodney could probably build a ZedPM, so why can't John find something hard to hit Kolya upside the head with? Sorry, I really don't like Kolya ...

So I guess we'll just hafta wait and see what happens ...

BTW, I have another J/E fic that I've been working on, if I can post it soon I will let y'all know ...

Comment

Thank you nogigglingmajor and ShipperWriter! I'm thinkinh about continuing that fic... UST is fun but RST even more so *evil grin*

Also, ShipperWriter I loved your fic - especially the guitar scene, for purely selfish reasons. It's an amazing feeling, knowing you inspired something. Thank you. Sweet Cowboy Comfort was my very first Sparky fic.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Thank you nogigglingmajor and ShipperWriter! I'm thinkinh about continuing that fic... UST is fun but RST even more so *evil grin*

Also, ShipperWriter I loved your fic - especially the guitar scene, for purely selfish reasons. It's an amazing feeling, knowing you inspired something. Thank you. Sweet Cowboy Comfort was my very first Sparky fic.
                              Be selfish all you want!!! Thank you again!!!

And NOW I'm goin to sleep .....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Oh, please, acting all tense, formal and cold turkey because of ZOMG hidden feelings! is something 13 year olds do. Maybe that finally proves John isn't mensa, but a retard TPTW try to write him as? Also, John probably suffers from selective amnesia, when embracing Wooley boy so quickly. You know that defending your honor thing? And the fact Elizabeth is floating out there and all it takes is a jumper ride through the gate to bring her home?

How long before the end? I want this show over yesterday.
                                Haha! Tell it like it is, sistah!

Looks like we probably won't get the final episodes until next January. I want this show over last year. Let it all burn, RAWR!

Comment

Working...
                                X