Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I'm totally there--and I know some of the older Sparkies know this, but I actually watched Sunday as my first SGA episode! Talk about a non-Sparky eppy! Then I watched First Strike!

But...I got interested, and I watched a slate of S2 episodes which included Conversion--and it seemed obvious to me that they had a connection. When they aired The Storm/The Eye, I was totally hooked.

Special reminder--I'm going to be doing a Critical Mass Recap very soon, and this will be a perfect Sparky revival eppy, I think. It's got some great discussion points, from ship stuff to moral issues. Everyone go get a CM refresher, it'll be a three post recap, either tomorrow or Wednesday!

Great answers!

The "lashing out" I'm referring to is John's staring Elizabeth in the face and asking "where the hell have you been"? It's not that he necessarily takes things out on her, but he does direct the anger towards her a bit.

I asked the question because it's one of the points the loverly Anuna has brought up from time to time, so I'm eager to hear her answer. *pokes her* >8DD
    Cool, thanks! Aw, I missed that part! Damn, now I'm really craving some post-Epiphany fic.

Torri - those wallpapers are both AWESOME. They fill me with so much squee.

P.S. Anyone know how to quote two people at a time? I can only do one...

Comment

I went a little animation crazy today. :/

p.s. I am getting dizzy looking at them go around.
      sig made by me

Comment

Aaawwwww.
        How beautiful they are. *stares*

It's a pretty nice way getting dizzy!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alternate_ego View Post
          P.S. Anyone know how to quote two people at a time? I can only do one...
          To quote multiple messages, hit this button at the bottom of every message you want to quote. It will turn orange like this when activated. When you've finished selecting all the messages you want to quote, hit the regular quote button at the bottom of the last message that you want to quote, which will take you to the "reply to topic" screen as usual. Hope that helps!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*squees* My favorite is "Closeness defined." That is Sparky to a T!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post

Niiiice. I like the one with the <3 best. What program do you use to make them?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              To quote multiple messages, hit this button at the bottom of every message you want to quote. It will turn orange like this when activated. When you've finished selecting all the messages you want to quote, hit the regular quote button at the bottom of the last message that you want to quote, which will take you to the "reply to topic" screen as usual. Hope that helps!
              Awesome, it works! Thanks, it helped a lot! ^_^

Comment

Niiiice. I like the one with the <3 best. What program do you use to make them?

Thank you! I use Photoshop CS3.
                sig made by me

Comment

*squees* My favorite is "Closeness defined." That is Sparky to a T!
                  Thank you! You know it's one of my favorite too. Just their stance when they are next to one another is just so inspiring!
                  sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                    Aaawwwww.
                    How beautiful they are. *stares*

It's a pretty nice way getting dizzy!
                    Luciana thank you! You guys all make such beautiful things, it's very inspiring to try.
                    sig made by me

Comment

You're welcome! Took me a while to figure out how to do it myself, but once I did, look out world! HAHAHA!

Comment

Requoting because I'm too tired to remove all the img's. These are awe-inspiring. You know it's neat here how we each have our area of expertise. I've tried to do these and given up in disgust. Everybody can do something though, no matter how simple. Which is my middle name.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Requoting because I'm too tired to remove all the img's. These are awe-inspiring. You know it's neat here how we each have our area of expertise. I've tried to do these and given up in disgust. Everybody can do something though, no matter how simple. Which is my middle name.
                          I need to keep practicing my icon-making skillz. I've got some ideas for Sparky icons (I really want to make my own for my LJ), it's just getting them to look right that's driving me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Um hey......Um hope no one minded that i dropped in
                            Friendly faces are always welcome!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            *little lemming scurries in*

I'm here to support the beauty that is Sparky.

*scurries back out*
                            *sets out food for the little lemming* Maybe she'll come back...

There were so many pretty things to look at today I couldn't keep up! Not a bad problem to have, eh? Anyway, I pulled this one out because it appealed to my romantic side. Love always. Happy sigh...
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Going back to posts that I missed earlier in the day...

Ironically, I started to support shweir because I thought it was going to be canon - I figured that that much chemistry had to be intentional. At first I resented TPTB for "pushing" the pairing (like with Sam/Jack in SG-1), but then I thought... hey, wait, this ship ROCKS! (And then later, of course, I found out that it WASN'T intentional, and I was just seeing sparky on my own. XD) It never crossed my mind that they were actually supporting sheyla... I only found out about that pairing when I started lurking in the fandom. (Teh irony, it slays me. )
                              Seriously, I fell into Sparky pretty much the same way. First there was the little bit that just kinda sneaks up on you in 38 Minutes (John's whole "just in case I don't make it" line, followed by his uber-cute denial and Elizabeth's "I can see right through you, flyboy" look at the end), and then the glory that is The Storm/The Eye sealed the deal.

And yeah, I didn't find out that the other ship was supposedly "intended" until I got into the fandom, which wasn't until a little over a year ago. The natural and easy-going nature of Sparky makes it the most believable ship in Stargate, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Sometimes the beauty is lost with over complication. I love what you make. They make me feel their love. You pick out the most beautiful lyrics/quotes and I am seriously lacking in that. I almost gave up in disgust w/ animation myself and then sparky drew me in.

I need to keep practicing my icon-making skillz. I've got some ideas for Sparky icons (I really want to make my own for my LJ), it's just getting them to look right that's driving me crazy.
                                Practice is the only way to tame the beast. You know when I feel all proud of myself after completing one, I look at someone else's and I want to delete mine. As for LJ, after one year I just finished my own banner. Next beast? The css. This should only be another year.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X