No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, a few weeks after my prednisone treatment, my general joint pain is coming back full force. When it didn't come back right away after stopping the treatment, I was hopeful that maybe my system had reset itself. But now it's coming back. I'll call the doctor next week if it continues. I'm waiting cause it might just be the damp weather right now. (That's me trying to be an optimist - not my usual forte).

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hmm, I may have to go look up spoilers...
    (Edited to add: I looked up the spoilers. Well, well, well... )
    Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be so consequential.

Yep, they did continue to melt. This morning, it's still windy out, and still dry as a bone. Next chance of precip comes on Saturday night.
    Good news!

Booo! That sucks. Well, there will be other chances for the beach in the rain...
    It was drizzling this morning but I didn't go to the beach. It was too raw and cold. It was just on the edge of being frozen. I did take a drive, but now that I'm home I feel cold in my bones.

Comment

I had a really weird dream last night. It was a crossover between Atlantis and Legends of Tomorrow... all blurred together.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I had a really weird dream last night. It was a crossover between Atlantis and Legends of Tomorrow... all blurred together.
        Was Kate in it?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Was Kate in it?
          I don't know... I didn't sleep long enough to find out.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Ugh. Nasty headache has me staying in a dimly lit room watching the Hunger Games marathon on AMC today. Oh well, could be worse...

Well, a few weeks after my prednisone treatment, my general joint pain is coming back full force. When it didn't come back right away after stopping the treatment, I was hopeful that maybe my system had reset itself. But now it's coming back. I'll call the doctor next week if it continues. I'm waiting cause it might just be the damp weather right now. (That's me trying to be an optimist - not my usual forte).
            Bummer! Would've been nice to have lasted longer or gotten that reset.

It was drizzling this morning but I didn't go to the beach. It was too raw and cold. It was just on the edge of being frozen. I did take a drive, but now that I'm home I feel cold in my bones.
            Ugh, I'm feeling that cold too. It's 29 degrees out. At least the wind has finally stopped, so it'll start warming up again. My headache's probably partly due to having to run the heater more, just like the last time.

Back to watching Katniss and Peeta!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I don't know... I didn't sleep long enough to find out.
              Too bad!!​

Ugh. Nasty headache has me staying in a dimly lit room watching the Hunger Games marathon on AMC today. Oh well, could be worse...
              So sorry about the headache. I hope you're not watching the first one... the shaky camera might give you nausea in addition to the headache. (I have a love/hate relationship with the movies. As with most media, the books are infinitely better).

I hope you feel better soon!

Bummer! Would've been nice to have lasted longer or gotten that reset.
              Totally!

Ugh, I'm feeling that cold too. It's 29 degrees out. At least the wind has finally stopped, so it'll start warming up again. My headache's probably partly due to having to run the heater more, just like the last time.

Back to watching Katniss and Peeta!
              The wind here was crazy today! At least I didn't lose power.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

So sorry about the headache. I hope you're not watching the first one... the shaky camera might give you nausea in addition to the headache. (I have a love/hate relationship with the movies. As with most media, the books are infinitely better).

I hope you feel better soon!
                Heh! I actually kept my eyes closed for a lot of the time at first and just listened. Headache finally started easing off a bit for me to want some lunch, then finally faded out about halfway through Catching Fire. Aaahhhhh...

The wind here was crazy today! At least I didn't lose power.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
                Welp, the headache has not returned (yet *knocks on wood*), so the odds appear to have gone in my favor.

As for the weather, still cold, but slowly getting warmer. We're supposed to have snow about 5pm, changing to rain about 9ish. We'll see how that goes...
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heh! I actually kept my eyes closed for a lot of the time at first and just listened. Headache finally started easing off a bit for me to want some lunch, then finally faded out about halfway through Catching Fire. Aaahhhhh...
                  I'm so glad your headache went away!

Welp, the headache has not returned (yet *knocks on wood*), so the odds appear to have gone in my favor.

As for the weather, still cold, but slowly getting warmer. We're supposed to have snow about 5pm, changing to rain about 9ish. We'll see how that goes...
                  It snowed here today, and it was quite cold. It took a long time to defrost my car. It only accumulated to about an inch. Well, that was as of 8pm or so. I don't know if there's been more since. We're supposed to get more snow overnight Monday and into all day Tuesday. I guess winter has decided to make an appearance. At least we're not getting snow like California is.

Comment

So it snowed just enough overnight so that I'll have to de-ice my car once again today.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

It snowed here today, and it was quite cold. It took a long time to defrost my car. It only accumulated to about an inch. Well, that was as of 8pm or so. I don't know if there's been more since. We're supposed to get more snow overnight Monday and into all day Tuesday. I guess winter has decided to make an appearance. At least we're not getting snow like California is.
                      Yeah, they've had some wild, wild weather. Crazy!

We got a light dusting of snow last night followed by some rain as it warmed up. There's just a few patches here and there on the ground this morning. Nice to look at, glad it'll be gone by the end of the day.

Comment

Yeah, they've had some wild, wild weather. Crazy!
                        That reminds me of the time I went to San Diego for vacation. We had one day of pouring rain and cold. I had to buy a jacket, because of course I didn't bring one. I mean, it was San F'ing Diego! It was supposed to be warm! But I will say that like 14 years later, I still wear that coat every day.

We got a light dusting of snow last night followed by some rain as it warmed up. There's just a few patches here and there on the ground this morning. Nice to look at, glad it'll be gone by the end of the day.
                        I'm glad it's going away. We're now supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday morning. This is happening, of course, because I had a conversation with someone where I was lamenting that my poor snow removal guy must be hurting for money this winter. I should have kept my big mouth shut.

Comment

Temps below zero at night and above during the day but with bright blue skies and sun, and wind so it'll feel much colder than it actually is.

Went to the zoo an hour before closing (cause that's when everyone else is leaving --> read: all the families with small children) and then watched Peter Rabbit 2 on Netflix (reccommed it, it's funny).

Comment

It's been so long since I went to the zoo. Actually, my San Diego trip was the last time.

It's 2am here, and a car just went by that was blasting music loudly. Dude!! I'm awake anyway, but most normal people are sleeping right now.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

That reminds me of the time I went to San Diego for vacation. We had one day of pouring rain and cold. I had to buy a jacket, because of course I didn't bring one. I mean, it was San F'ing Diego! It was supposed to be warm! But I will say that like 14 years later, I still wear that coat every day.
                              Rule # 1 of visiting California: Always bring a wrap of some kind, no matter what the weather forecast says. The days may be warm, but the nights get chilly.

I'm glad it's going away. We're now supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday morning. This is happening, of course, because I had a conversation with someone where I was lamenting that my poor snow removal guy must be hurting for money this winter. I should have kept my big mouth shut.
                              Supposedly, we're going to get 3 inches of snow early tomorrow morning. No doubt because I kept telling Elsa to go home during last week's mini freeze.
                              Last edited by Scary Kitty; 28 February 2023, 09:14 AM. Reason: GW screwed up my formatting GRRRRR!!!!

Comment

Rule Home of visiting California: Always bring a wrap of some kind, no matter what the weather forecast says. The days may be warm, but the nights get chilly.
                                Wish I'd known that. I think we went in April, so we expected it to be warm enough. And really, every other day was gorgeous. We still did our activities in the cold and rain. We took a boat ride even. Thankfully neither me nor my friend get motion sickness. It became part of the adventure... how soaked can we get? Whenever my friend and I travel, we always have at least one escapade. In Cancun we took the wrong bus and ended up in an area where we had no idea where we were and no one spoke English. Thank goodness for cell phones. That's how we figured out where to go.

Supposedly, we're going to get 3 inches of snow early tomorrow morning. No doubt because I kept telling Elsa to go home during last week's mini freeze.

They keep increasing our snow forecast. Now it's 5-7 inches. Normally I wouldn't care as I have someone to shovel for me, but tomorrow I need to go out in the morning. So this should be interesting. I'll finally find out how my all wheel drive car does in snow!

ETA: Now it's 6-8.
                                Last edited by JT-2; 27 February 2023, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X