No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yours truly ended last night sending an electrical current of about 230 volts through their fingers as they went to unplug their colored lights near their desk.

The plastic housing had ripped and the copper wire was happily awaiting my fingers to give me a shocking surprise.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey FH, I'm so sorry you got zapped! Ouch!! Hope you're ok.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Sweden/Denmark --> say thank you to the Danes and Vikings raiding Brittain in the 9th/10th century. Anglo-Saxons rejoice!

Eastern Europe/Russia --> remnants of the Roman Dacians who were posted in Brittain at the walls to defend their lands from the Picts (who count for the Scottish bit)

Germanic Europe --> I guess the Celts couldn't stay far behind in mingling with their friends from across the channel.
      I knew you'd know!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
      Ancestry...we traced ours the old-fashioned way, going through the records years ago. I forget at the moment exactly how far back we were able to get, but I'm pretty sure we traced at least a couple of branches as far back as the 1500s, maybe earlier. Scottish, Irish, English (yes, all three, LOL), as well as Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, German, and Dutch. So yeah, you can call me a Northern European mutt mix. I'm so white that when I've gotten sunburned, the burn didn't leave a tan behind, I was still pasty white.
      ​Me too!!!! Although sometimes I do tan, but then sometimes I'm like you and don't tan at all. It depends.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Hey FH, I'm so sorry you got zapped! Ouch!! Hope you're ok.
        Oh, my fingers had this tingly feeling for a bit but otherwise I came away pretty much unscathed.

I knew you'd know!
        You're welcome.

Comment

Yours truly ended last night sending an electrical current of about 230 volts through their fingers as they went to unplug their colored lights near their desk.

The plastic housing had ripped and the copper wire was happily awaiting my fingers to give me a shocking surprise.
          Never mind the shocking surprise, did it give you any super powers, or give you any mutations? 8HaQgIf.jpg
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

She already has the power to shapeshift into a lemming.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

ZOMG! At least you're all right! *hugs*​

She already has the power to shapeshift into a lemming.
              LOL, true dat!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                Never mind the shocking surprise, did it give you any super powers, or give you any mutations?
                Other than the Lemming-thing, nope... no other special powers have developed.

Comment

Other than the Lemming-thing, nope... no other special powers have developed.
                  Like a superhero would admit such a thing in public.

Well, except Iron Man maybe.

Speaking of superheroes, I wish Ant-Man interested me because it's cold and miserable (but not raining - so no beach today) and it would be a great day to see a movie. None of the movies that are out right now interest me.

Comment

I posted this on Tumblr, but I'm going to post it here too.

I ordered some clothes from an online company. They didn't fit properly, so I followed their directions and emailed them. They replied Saturday night with a shipping label that needs to go to a post office. Post offices are closed on Sunday and also this Monday which was a holiday. So I've had the shipping label for ONE BUSINESS DAY. They emailed overnight a very pushy "reminder" asking me to please send the mail as soon as I can. ONE BUSINESS DAY later. It took them 6 weeks to mail it to me.

Dude!!!

Comment

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

It's cold. It's windy. At least it's not snowing. *shivers*

Well, except Iron Man maybe.
                        LOL!

I posted this on Tumblr, but I'm going to post it here too.

I ordered some clothes from an online company. They didn't fit properly, so I followed their directions and emailed them. They replied Saturday night with a shipping label that needs to go to a post office. Post offices are closed on Sunday and also this Monday which was a holiday. So I've had the shipping label for ONE BUSINESS DAY. They emailed overnight a very pushy "reminder" asking me to please send the mail as soon as I can. ONE BUSINESS DAY later. It took them 6 weeks to mail it to me.

Dude!!!
                        WOW! Talk about passive-aggressive! Definitely not a company I'd ever want to do business with.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          It's cold. It's windy. At least it's not snowing. *shivers*
                          LOL, spoke too soon! Snow flurries are now flying. They're melting on contact...for now...

Comment

Well, I saw Ant-Man today. Turns out I did need to see it for, uh, reasons. (Don't want to spoil anyone). It was actually pretty good. I'd never seen any Ant-Man movies before, but they made it accessible (much like the latest Spider Man was).

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            WOW! Talk about passive-aggressive! Definitely not a company I'd ever want to do business with.
                            Right??? They gave me a discount coupon and I'm like... yeah, right!!! No thanks.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                            LOL, spoke too soon! Snow flurries are now flying. They're melting on contact...for now...
                            D'oh!! I hope they continue to melt.

For all the rain we were forecasted to get, it's been relatively dry. Of course, because I got excited about the idea of going to the beach in the rain.... Now it's only supposed to snow early in the morning tomorrow, and no rain. Bla.

Comment

Oh my, so glad you are ok!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Well, I saw Ant-Man today. Turns out I did need to see it for, uh, reasons. (Don't want to spoil anyone). It was actually pretty good. I'd never seen any Ant-Man movies before, but they made it accessible (much like the latest Spider Man was).
                                Hmm, I may have to go look up spoilers...
                                (Edited to add: I looked up the spoilers. Well, well, well... )

D'oh!! I hope they continue to melt.
                                Yep, they did continue to melt. This morning, it's still windy out, and still dry as a bone. Next chance of precip comes on Saturday night.

For all the rain we were forecasted to get, it's been relatively dry. Of course, because I got excited about the idea of going to the beach in the rain.... Now it's only supposed to snow early in the morning tomorrow, and no rain. Bla.
                                Booo! That sucks. Well, there will be other chances for the beach in the rain...

Comment

Working...
                                X