• Show
Clear All

We was robbed ☹
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
      We was robbed ☹
      Yes, we were! That last penalty was complete BS! My Philly friend is quite pissed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
        I live in black leggings and have lint rollers on auto ship as I have a super floofy white and gray cat.
        When we went over to my friend to play with her new cat and have Moroccan food (of which the leftovers are waiting in my fridge), I decided to just wear my cat-hair covered clothes cause she has 2 white ones of which one is a cuddlebug like you wouldn't believe, so it would just be pointless to wear a clean sweater.

Also, lint rollers are a must-have in this house. When the vacuumcleaner overheated on Saturday it was the lint roller which saved the day removing orange hair from the blue cushion.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Also, lint rollers are a must-have in this house. When the vacuumcleaner overheated on Saturday it was the lint roller which saved the day removing orange hair from the blue cushion.

Orange on Blue, oh what a colourful life you lead in your house Mmo9zFu.gif
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

My condolences about the Eagles. That was totally, totally lame.

When we went over to my friend to play with her new cat and have Moroccan food (of which the leftovers are waiting in my fridge), I decided to just wear my cat-hair covered clothes cause she has 2 white ones of which one is a cuddlebug like you wouldn't believe, so it would just be pointless to wear a clean sweater.

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              My condolences about the Eagles. That was totally, totally lame.
              Thank you. It had been a great game up to that point, which makes it all the more frustrating.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and Happy Hearts and Flowers and all that Lovey-Dovey Stuff Day!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Thank you. It had been a great game up to that point, which makes it all the more frustrating.
                *hugs*
                Last edited by Scary Kitty; 14 February 2023, 08:44 AM.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and Happy Hearts and Flowers and all that Lovey-Dovey Stuff Day!
                  Just another day in these parts.

Comment

A few stories....

1. I'm going with my sister and her friends to see 80 For Brady on Wednesday. My sister calls me to tell me she has a gift ticket that I should use, because she and her friends will all be using the "senior" discount for people over 60.

2. During the Superbowl Rakutan commercial with Alicia Silverstone where she did the Clueless stuff... my sister-in-law had zero clue who it was or what it was about.

You know, when I'm online I generally feel like such an old lady. But then my real life family reminds me I'm still young by comparison to some. Gen X rules!!

Comment

Millenial represent!

Anywho ... I'm "tureluut" as we say in Dutch.

Now to find an English translation... there is none apparently since it's Flemish dialect so what it basically means is that I'm at the end of my mental rope after three days of work BS.

Also, I signed my new contract so that's something.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a great Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        A few stories....

1. I'm going with my sister and her friends to see 80 For Brady on Wednesday. My sister calls me to tell me she has a gift ticket that I should use, because she and her friends will all be using the "senior" discount for people over 60.

2. During the Superbowl Rakutan commercial with Alicia Silverstone where she did the Clueless stuff... my sister-in-law had zero clue who it was or what it was about.

You know, when I'm online I generally feel like such an old lady. But then my real life family reminds me I'm still young by comparison to some. Gen X rules!!
                        LOL! Ah, the life of a Gen-Xer!

Millenial represent!

Now to find an English translation... there is none apparently since it's Flemish dialect so what it basically means is that I'm at the end of my mental rope after three days of work BS.

Ruh-oh! Boo on the work BS, but yay for the new contract!

Comment

Turned out to be "senior day" at the movie theater, and the place was mobbed. The poor kiosks were not used, as everyone instead waited in line to buy tickets the old fashioned way. My sister asked me a question about the line (as I go to movies more than she does) and I was like "I don't know! I use the kiosk!" But the ticket was only $7.75, and then I got a tiny little "senior" popcorn and soda for $4. I was, by far, the youngest person in the theater. Honestly, my sister and her friends embarrassed me because they talked during the movie, and one friend had a phone that kept flashing. But other people were talking too. I told them before the movie how little kids are better behaved than older adults, and it's true.

The movie was pretty funny. I don't know if you'd like it if you aren't Patriots fans, though. One of the women was a mathematician, which cracked me up as I am math girl myself.

Millenial represent!

I'm sorry!! But YAY for the new contract!!​

Comment

A few years ago, when my grandparents were still alive so that has to be more than 5 years ago... (sorry, years blur together when there's a pandemic in there somewhere)... we went to a movie together. It's the film adaptation of a play. The play follows a family for 9 weeks while a strike breaks out at a factory and one of the workers this factory writing a letter to the king of Belgium to tell him about how the factory is polluting/contaminating the area around the place, and how people are getting sick because of it.

The worker is fictional, but the factory and the pollution is very real... and yes, that factory is located near the village where I grew up**. Everybody who lives in the area knows it.
                            (there was also an ammunitions factory which occasionally had to deal with ammunitions / chemicals exploding )

Anyhow, we went to see the film in a small theater nearby (which no longer exists either) with my grandparents, parents and aunt... and it was the first and last time I was in a cinema with my grandparents and it was awesome to see them. They were well behaved though. No talking.

** I also lived in the nuclear radius where if something were to happen at the nuclear facility, you're dead within minutes. Did I mention I glow in the dark?

Comment

A few years ago, when my grandparents were still alive so that has to be more than 5 years ago... (sorry, years blur together when there's a pandemic in there somewhere)... we went to a movie together. It's the film adaptation of a play. The play follows a family for 9 weeks while a strike breaks out at a factory and one of the workers this factory writing a letter to the king of Belgium to tell him about how the factory is polluting/contaminating the area around the place, and how people are getting sick because of it.

The worker is fictional, but the factory and the pollution is very real... and yes, that factory is located near the village where I grew up**. Everybody who lives in the area knows it.
                              (there was also an ammunitions factory which occasionally had to deal with ammunitions / chemicals exploding )

Anyhow, we went to see the film in a small theater nearby (which no longer exists either) with my grandparents, parents and aunt... and it was the first and last time I was in a cinema with my grandparents and it was awesome to see them. They were well behaved though. No talking.

** I also lived in the nuclear radius where if something were to happen at the nuclear facility, you're dead within minutes. Did I mention I glow in the dark?

I grew up (and still live) just in back of a chemical plant. There's a bit of woods in between, so you can't see it. I don't remember this, but one time some yellow dye got into the air and made everything, including our dogs, turn yellow. Then when I was in high school, an old mill burned down on the other side of my neighborhood. The high school actually sent us home early because of it. Yeah, it made no sense.... the neighborhood is on fire... there's literally ash coming down in my back yard, so yeah send them home to that!

Comment

Trying to break out of the post vacay blahs. It and the jet lag seemed harsh this time.

JT2- lol at the movies, sounds like my experience going with family. That one looked like good fun.

FH congrats on the contract!

and if SR is lurking- Happy Birthday! Hope you, the fam, and the grands are all well.

Comment

Working...
                                X