Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    That's hilarious! I suppose they have to find something to amuse themselves with!
    They do... otherwise it'll just be panic-mode again.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      They do... otherwise it'll just be panic-mode again.
      Oh dear...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

This is too crazy for words, but my colleagues have started a poll on when I'll boomerang back to the company (like another colleague just did -- she resigned last year and has now returned to us after 8 months).

There's one colleague who has said that I won't return, others think it'll be either June, July, September or December 2023.

In the meantime, the people at the other company have asked if I can shorten the extra weeks, but I can't. Instead I think they would ask to add a few extra weeks.

My colleagues are currently a wee bit in denial, I think.
        Lol, but that boomerang-ing is a big thing lately. At my old company returning employees are so numerous they call it the Covid boomerang. But I feel like we’re kind of past those fast pandemic fueled job changes so those moving on now are probably a lot more likely to be happier where they land. Like I hope you will be!

Comment

Hey FH, this office sweep on how long before the boomerang effect kicks in, has anybody put money on you changing your mind before your two months working your notice is up, and you not leaving at all. Or coming back before you even leave?
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Awesome! On my end, we'll see if the Seahawks make it.
            Well.... they were the first team to lose this weekend. I watched that game. The Seahawks started off strong, but then they crashed and burned in the second half.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
            This is too crazy for words, but my colleagues have started a poll on when I'll boomerang back to the company (like another colleague just did -- she resigned last year and has now returned to us after 8 months).

There's one colleague who has said that I won't return, others think it'll be either June, July, September or December 2023.

In the meantime, the people at the other company have asked if I can shorten the extra weeks, but I can't. Instead I think they would ask to add a few extra weeks.

My colleagues are currently a wee bit in denial, I think.

Awww, they don't want you to go!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Well.... they were the first team to lose this weekend. I watched that game. The Seahawks started off strong, but then they crashed and burned in the second half.
              Heck, I didn't even watch the game, just caught it on the news later. Too busy writing.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                Hey FH, this office sweep on how long before the boomerang effect kicks in, has anybody put money on you changing your mind before your two months working your notice is up, and you not leaving at all. Or coming back before you even leave?
                None so far has me down for changing my mind before my notice is up. But I wouldn't put it past them to try to change my mind. I know of at least one, my previous teamlead, who told a colleague that she didn't think they could change my mind about switching jobs.

The fact that they're not even trying at the moment, tells me they know that the other company's offer is something they can't compete with. However, it also shows me that my previous teamlead is probably the only one realizing what a genormous hole I'm leaving behind and that it won't be easy to fill that unique profile again.

Awww, they don't want you to go!
                I wouldn't put it past them they have chained to my desk on friday the 31st of March.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I wouldn't put it past them they have chained to my desk on friday the 31st of March.

Comment

It has been a miserable few days weather-wise. I'm hoping to see some sun tomorrow.

Heck, I didn't even watch the game, just caught it on the news later. Too busy writing.
                    What are you writing these days?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                    Just send out an SOS and we'll fly over and rescue you.

Comment

Just send out an SOS and we'll fly over and rescue you.
                      Another line was just added to the board. My previous teamlead thinks I'll change my mind before the 31st of March. My not-so-subtle response was that my new contract is not yet signed. My sister responded a little later on whatsapp that maybe I should add a note underneath: "Make me an offer I can't refuse."

Comment

My sister responded a little later on whatsapp that maybe I should add a note underneath: "Make me an offer I can't refuse."
                        That depends on what you really want. Just more money, or a new adventure. jutbEM6.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

It has been a miserable few days weather-wise. I'm hoping to see some sun tomorrow.
                          Here it's been clouds, rain, more clouds, more rain, wind, oh look a 5-minute sun break, more rain, more wind, more clouds. With more of the same all this week. I love it!

What are you writing these days?
                          Mainly my Mystic Knights of Tir na Nog virtual season 2+ epic (now if only Lugad would tell me what he's been up to since the last time we saw him), with a bit of my original fantasy saga on the side (you would not believe how many crazy ideas I've gotten from Ancient Aliens LOL).​

That depends on what you really want. Just more money, or a new adventure. jutbEM6.gif

Comment

It isn't money cause I won't be making much more than I do now. Besides, if you don't like the work, the money isn't going to help.

My current company can't give me the freedom I'd like, or the colleague that I need to make the automation process work more smoothly. I mean, for example, I have had to learn everything on my own time (which isn't necessarily an issue -- I'm RPA street smart as it were) and muddle along. There was no one around who could check my programming or run through my coding (external consultants cost money so please don't ask them too many questions if you can help it).

I am frustrated that colleagues sometimes don't recognize the work I put into stuff (as my office saga may have reflected). They think I snap my fingers and voila, there you have it. Written, finished and tested.

I would have liked it better if I had someone who could share the workload.

Anywho... they have to fill my vacancy and I can tell them right now, that they won't find someone like me again soon, or ever really. If they aim for an IT-person, they'll hate the admin work they'll have to do. If they aim for an admin-person, chances are they'll find the programming a bit like Phoenician or Chinese.

Comment

It isn't money cause I won't be making much more than I do now. Besides, if you don't like the work, the money isn't going to help.
                              This is true, I had a job in an office, but I wasn't happy, so I spent most of my working life out in the sun labouring or driving trucks and taxis, where I was happy

My current company can't give me the freedom I'd like, or the colleague that I need to make the automation process work more smoothly. I mean, for example, I have had to learn everything on my own time (which isn't necessarily an issue -- I'm RPA street smart as it were) and muddle along. There was no one around who could check my programming or run through my coding (external consultants cost money so please don't ask them too many questions if you can help it).
                              It could be you can not answer this question, yet. But do you know, or suspect that your new firm has a person, or persons that understand the automation process and can help?

Anywho... they have to fill my vacancy and I can tell them right now, that they won't find someone like me again soon, or ever really. If they aim for an IT-person, they'll hate the admin work they'll have to do. If they aim for an admin-person, chances are they'll find the programming a bit like Phoenician or Chinese.
                              *JOKING* "They will never find a person to replace you. --- But there is a rubber stamp that has possibilities" Mmo9zFu.gif

​ ​

Comment

We’ve had some heavy fog today. It was delightfully creepy.

I finally picked up a new book, new in that I haven’t read it. Last year I think I only read a few new books and the rest were re-reads. My brain was a bit (is a bit) frantic with work and school and I just couldn’t get into it. And I really missed getting lost in another world. Of course this book is third in a trilogy so maybe that helps. (Fredrik Backman The Winners). But… my Libby hold arrived for Stephen King’s Fairy Tales so I have a good contender on deck.

Comment

Working...
                                X