No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

And I hope everyone had a fun Wednesday while I was gone...another raiding party on the mainland to restock the Costco wall. Brought in quite a haul, and boy was I tired afterward!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Just had my regular doctor's appointment. He lectured me cause I'd gained a few pounds. Dude, it's 2 days after Christmas. You're lucky I didn't gain 10!
    *pokes JT-2's doctor*

Falcon Horus, that's definitely good advice from your sister. Make sure all the ducks are lined up in a row, and all that, before you break the news. Good luck!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And now that I've had a little time to sit down and properly enjoy the new chapters...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Anyhoodle... I also have something else to share -- not beta'd and posted on the fly or some such...

One unofficial Office chapter -- it's therapy (not sorry)...

Spoiler:
      Kate was typing up some of her reports she had been postponing for too long, when she heard the door to her office open and close. She looked up to see Finn walking in. Kate opened her mouth to ask her what she was doing there. She didn't have an appointment scheduled but before she could so much as utter a syllable, Finn held up her hand and shook her head.

"No!"

Finn headed straight for the couch, dropped down and crossed her arms in front of her in a defensive manner. The intense glare aimed at her shoes could have burned a hole in Kate's office floor, straight down into the jumper bay, leaving no floorboard alive on its way down.

"Want to..."

"No!"

"O-kay..."

Kate left well enough alone for the time being. She knew she wasn't going to get anything other than short answers out of Finn in this state; that or intense silence. Kate would let her rage in silence for a bit but oh, how she wished she could read minds. She was sure a war was raging in the woman's head, where colleagues were at the other end of a battlefield being stomped on by an army of Finns, punishing them for misdeeds which caused severe damage to life and limb. Or in the case of Finn, a process gone seven different ways pearshaped because no-one thought it wise to tell her they would be changing a few key items here and there.

Elizabeth had been wandering the hallways, deep in thought when she found herself in front of Kate's office door. She knew the psychologist had mentioned a few days earlier that she finally had some time coming up to work on some reports so Elizabeth knew she wouldn't be walking in on a session if she chose to enter. She glanced down at her watch and noticed she still had some time left before a briefing with John and his team. Elizabeth waved the doors open and walked in, realizing halfway to Kate's desk that someone was sitting in her office, glaring down at her feet in perfect silence, and yet the psychologist herself was still behind her desk typing away on her laptop.

Kate looked up, acknowledged Elizabeth and waved her over to one of the seats in front of her desk.

"You know you have a Finn on your couch, right?" Elizabeth pointed out.

"I know," Kate nodded. "She's been there since..."

She looked down at her watch.

"...a little after lunch, I think."

"That was four hours ago!" Elizabeth replied with some surprise in her voice.

"Hasn't said a word either," Kate shrugged.

"For four hours?!"

"And counting."

"You act like that's normal."

Elizabeth glanced back at Finn, whom she noticed had turned her gaze from her feet to the windows.

"For her," Kate looked up, noticing a shift in Finn's demeanor. "It is. She comes in, doesn't talk for hours and then either leaves without a word or she manages to control the nuclear war in her head and tells me what's on her mind."

"Why?", Elizabeth managed to utter.

"I think this is her safe space," Kate replied.

"Her safe space?"

"A safe space is generally a room or a place where one can reduce stress or take a sensory break," Kate explained.

"I see."

"For once, I just wish they would respect the work I do. Why is it so hard to communicate before they make the changes so I, at least, have time to make the necessary adjustments before everything goes pearshaped."

Elizabeth and Kate both turned at the sound of Finn's voice.

"Just once, dammit! Is that really too much to ask?"

"Who are you talking about?"

Finn shook her head, retreating back into her own mind. She got to her feet and made for the door.

"Finn," Kate called out.

She slowly turned around, lingering between leaving and staying it seemed.

"If you need to talk..."

"I know." Finn nodded, "I know."

"JT is asking where you are. Shall I tell her you're on your way?"

There was a moment's hesitation, then Finn nodded, waved the doors open and disappeared into the hallway outside.​

...and one official Office chapter...

Chapter XIII

Spoiler:
      Kate and Teyla were walking down the hallways of Atlantis. Teyla was telling Kate all about the phenomenon they had witnessed in the sky on their latest mission. She had overheard John explaining to Elizabeth it was the most magnificent aura borealis one could never imagine. Teyla came up short several colors detailing the grandeur of the spectacle and Kate was sure that when she could see the event with her own eyes that the tales would have done it no justice.

Before they knew it, they had made it to the atrium where Kate would have to bid her bard a good night, as opposed to what she really wanted, to keep Teyla at her side, all night long. Kate turned to ask Teyla if she wanted to join her for some evening tea when a blond whirlwind wooshed passed them, rounding a corner only to reappear almost immediately.

Laura's grin was telling Kate that whatever was chasing the lieutenant down the hallways, would not be in the best of moods.

"I was never here," Laura breathed. "You did not see me, okay."

She wooshed back around the corner and out of sight.

Teyla and Kate gazed at each other, wondering what that was all about. It was then that they caught sight of one, literally, steaming scientist they barely recognized as Doctor Kavanaugh. His ponytail was singed to half its length. His face was covered in soot and his shirt was torn in a few places. As he neared them, the smell of fresh roses wafted in their direction.

"Doctor Heightmeyer," Kavanaugh said through clenched teeth. "Teyla."

"Doctor," Kate returned the formal greeting, biting down on her lip trying to keep herself from laughing.

She noticed Teyla had set her face to neutral, not even a hint of her obvious amusement visible.

"Did Lieutenant Cadman come by you, by any chance?"

"Nu-uh," Kate managed to say, shaking her head while her eyes began to water from the fragrance of the rose scent.

"Cannot say that she did," Teyla added, confirming Kate's lie.

They could tell he didn't believe them but without actual proof he couldn't say as much, even though that hadn't stopped him before. He bid them a grumbled good night and walked off.

Kate was still trying not to laugh out loud but lost it when they heard Evan Lorne pass Kavanaugh in the hallway behind them.

"Oh man, Kavanaugh, lay off the aftershave! Geez..."​
      The first one: Oh, poor Finn! *huggles Finn*

The second one: OMG, Cadman pranked Kavanaugh! That's priceless!

You know, I think Finn and Cadman should meet. I think Cadman would have all sorts of interesting suggestions for how Finn can deal with her colleagues... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        You know, I think Finn and Cadman should meet. I think Cadman would have all sorts of interesting suggestions for how Finn can deal with her colleagues... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
        Mmmm.... that could be interesting... ... I like.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yay- I loved them! Totally needed this today. I second SK’s rec. I could see a quite entertaining collaboration.

Comment

I decided to take a little drive this morning. I'm on a back country road where the speed limit is 30mph. I'm going 40 and there's a car in front of me so I couldn't go faster if I wanted to. Doesn't stop this jerk in back of me from driving 2 inches away from me. I eventually pulled over so he could pass. Then he tailed the guy who was in front of me for awhile, before passing him illegally. Really? I can see why Rhode Island drivers routinely end up on the list of worst drivers in the country. (Though we'll never surpass the Massachusetts drivers - the term we use for them will get censored here)

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post

Yay- I loved them! Totally needed this today. I second SK’s rec. I could see a quite entertaining collaboration.
            Third!

Comment

I can see why Rhode Island drivers routinely end up on the list of worst drivers in the country. (Though we'll never surpass the Massachusetts drivers - the term we use for them will get censored here)
              Belgium in the meantime: "Hold our beer!"

We are the "worst drivers" in Europe. I mean, the saying does go that our traffic rules are "more like guidelines than actual rules".

We're absolute menaces on the road, if you want to believe that.

Comment

Belgium in the meantime: "Hold our beer!"

We are the "worst drivers" in Europe. I mean, the saying does go that our traffic rules are "more like guidelines than actual rules".

We're absolute menaces on the road, if you want to believe that.
                I would have assumed Germany with their autobahns. Just the idea of those gives me anxiety.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Heeheehee! I'm an enabler, and proud of it!

And, worst drivers? You all need to visit Los Angeles. When it's raining. Just get a little water on the roads, and everyone freaks out.

Comment

And, worst drivers? You all need to visit Los Angeles. When it's raining. Just get a little water on the roads, and everyone freaks out.
                    Boston is the opposite. There could be a 4 car crash and people would be honking their horns for traffic to get moving again. (There's a reason I only drove there once in college).

Comment

I imagine it's a little like the horrors I face when it rains over here. I hate driving in the rain cause that's when people seem to forget how to drive.

We are also quite apt in flipping the finger, cussing like sailors and arguing with our GPS's... I have to admit I have yelled at my GPS to shut the hell up and leave me be, especially when goes "Turn when possible" and there is no frellin' place anywhere near where I can make that F'ing U-turn.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Heeheehee! I'm an enabler, and proud of it!

LA drivers scare me on a sunny day. And the interstate- so many lanes My aunt lived in Hermosa Beach until recently. She used to zip us around in her little sports coupe and I’m still scarred from the trauma.

Comment

Happy New Years Eve! And Happy New Years when it happens in your time zone!!

We are also quite apt in flipping the finger, cussing like sailors and arguing with our GPS's... I have to admit I have yelled at my GPS to shut the hell up and leave me be, especially when goes "Turn when possible" and there is no frellin' place anywhere near where I can make that F'ing U-turn.
                          We need a GPS with Samuel L. Jackson as the voice. Can't you just hear it? "I said to take that mother f***ing turn!!"

I used to curse out my GPS in my old car while in Boston. It worked in Rhode Island but not so well in Boston. I put in the address to a city hospital only to end up in 2 other places - one in a shady part of town, the other in front of a house in the suburbs. I was yelling at it "This is not Brigham and Women's hospital, you piece of ****!!"

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                            LA drivers scare me on a sunny day. And the interstate- so many lanes My aunt lived in Hermosa Beach until recently. She used to zip us around in her little sports coupe and I’m still scarred from the trauma.

Heh! I'm used to all the lanes on the freeways, but then, I grew up there. Even so, some of those interchanges still give me nightmares. OMFG, the Four Level and the Harbor/Santa Monica interchanges...always tried to avoid those two whenever possible.

I imagine it's a little like the horrors I face when it rains over here. I hate driving in the rain cause that's when people seem to forget how to drive.

We need a GPS with Samuel L. Jackson as the voice. Can't you just hear it? "I said to take that mother f***ing turn!!"

I used to curse out my GPS in my old car while in Boston. It worked in Rhode Island but not so well in Boston. I put in the address to a city hospital only to end up in 2 other places - one in a shady part of town, the other in front of a house in the suburbs. I was yelling at it "This is not Brigham and Women's hospital, you piece of ****!!"
                            See, this is why I don't use GPS and never will. (though I totally would just for kicks if it used SLJ's voice, LOL!) Before I get in the car, I look up where I'm going and print out a map. And then look at Google street view so I can see what the actual street looks like so I can tag buildings and other landmarks in my head so I know what to look for when I get there.

Comment

Happy New Year!

My friend who loves to blast metal had a gps with Cookie Monster’s voice. It was a hilarious combo.

Comment

Happy New Years!!

I actually slept through it this year.

See, this is why I don't use GPS and never will. (though I totally would just for kicks if it used SLJ's voice, LOL!) Before I get in the car, I look up where I'm going and print out a map. And then look at Google street view so I can see what the actual street looks like so I can tag buildings and other landmarks in my head so I know what to look for when I get there.
                                That's very smart! I usually check it out beforehand too, so I'm not totally flying blind. But it was a last minute trip. I later discovered the hospital I was looking for was just down the road from my college so I could have gone in my normal way and found it easily.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                                My friend who loves to blast metal had a gps with Cookie Monster’s voice. It was a hilarious combo.
                                Okay that would be hilarious! I could totally imagine The Count as the voice. "You need to turn in 3 blocks... 2 blocks... 1 block".

Comment

Working...
                                X