No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my Patriots vs. Raiders game turned out to be quite the game! The Raiders dominated the first half, and I had my local friends texting me saying they were no longer my friends. Then the Patriots came back in the second half. It was tied with like 30 seconds left, and the Patriots had the ball. They SHOULD have just taken a knee and gone into overtime as the momentum was completely on their side. Instead they tried to score with a Hail Mary kind of play, tossing the ball back and forth between players... when they then threw it instead to a Raider, who caught it and scored a touchdown, ending the game. I was screaming, my family and friends were fuming.

I found a video of that play, in case you want to see it. It was seriously wild! It's only like 20 seconds.
    Spoiler:

[video=youtube;8L4xWutzPKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L4xWutzPKw[/video]

ETA: So you have to click on the link to watch it on YouTube itself. Seriously, though, it's worth it. What a wild play!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Heh, funny you should mention that, now it looks like we may not be able to get out Christmas Eve, either; we're supposed to get a snowpocalypse tomorrow, and with the temps staying cold through Thursday, the snow may not melt off enough by Saturday. Good thing we got the important stuff, so we're okay to hunker down and wait it out.
    Damn!! I'm glad you got the important stuff done before the snow comes!!

Comment

Hoo boy, this sounds like it's gonna be a doozy of an Office Saga fic!
      5 minutes... that was all I got this morning before the you-know-what hit the fan.

When my colleague told me to make a reply succinct to explain what was wrong with James Bot, I nearly told her I would write my mails telegram-style from now on.

It's bad enough she keeps interrupting me when I'm trying to explain something and it takes too long for me to get to the point. Notwithstanding that I have to speak rather slowly in order for me to not fall over my words or letters. I don't stutter but I do sometimes loose track of what I'm trying to say (all part of my AD(H)D) and thus it can take a while longer for me to explain something. I also have to remember to dumb it all down cause I can get very technical sometimes.... When the blank stares hit, I know I've gone too far.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Instead they tried to score with a Hail Mary kind of play, tossing the ball back and forth between players... when they then threw it instead to a Raider, who caught it and scored a touchdown, ending the game. I was screaming, my family and friends were fuming.
      I don't get that crazy game called football but damn that was a stupid move.

The other guy is like, "here, let me handle this for you"... ...almost hop-skips to the touchdown.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Well, my Patriots vs. Raiders game turned out to be quite the game! The Raiders dominated the first half, and I had my local friends texting me saying they were no longer my friends. Then the Patriots came back in the second half. It was tied with like 30 seconds left, and the Patriots had the ball. They SHOULD have just taken a knee and gone into overtime as the momentum was completely on their side. Instead they tried to score with a Hail Mary kind of play, tossing the ball back and forth between players... when they then threw it instead to a Raider, who caught it and scored a touchdown, ending the game. I was screaming, my family and friends were fuming.

I found a video of that play, in case you want to see it. It was seriously wild! It's only like 20 seconds.
        Spoiler:

[video=youtube;8L4xWutzPKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L4xWutzPKw[/video]

ETA: So you have to click on the link to watch it on YouTube itself. Seriously, though, it's worth it. What a wild play!!
        OMFG! That's totally INSANE!!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!!!

Damn!! I'm glad you got the important stuff done before the snow comes!!
        Me too...because it looks like we got at least 6 inches of snow last night, so we're not going anywhere for a while, LOL!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        5 minutes... that was all I got this morning before the you-know-what hit the fan.

When my colleague told me to make a reply succinct to explain what was wrong with James Bot, I nearly told her I would write my mails telegram-style from now on.

It's bad enough she keeps interrupting me when I'm trying to explain something and it takes too long for me to get to the point. Notwithstanding that I have to speak rather slowly in order for me to not fall over my words or letters. I don't stutter but I do sometimes loose track of what I'm trying to say (all part of my AD(H)D) and thus it can take a while longer for me to explain something. I also have to remember to dumb it all down cause I can get very technical sometimes.... When the blank stares hit, I know I've gone too far.
        Ugh, your colleague is NUTS. As for the technicalness and blank stares, it just proves you're too good for them.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes, the blank stare. I've seen that too. It can be tough to explain technical stuff to non-technical people. Sorry your week has started off so poorly.

I don't get that crazy game called football but damn that was a stupid move.

The other guy is like, "here, let me handle this for you"... ...almost hop-skips to the touchdown.
          And the best part is that the Raider player who caught it used to be a Patriot until he was traded. So it was pay back!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
          OMFG! That's totally INSANE!!!!! GO RAIDERS!!!!!!
          Yes, it will be a long, long time before either set of fans forgets this play. The plane ride home must have been quite silent. And awkward.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
          Me too...because it looks like we got at least 6 inches of snow last night, so we're not going anywhere for a while, LOL!
          Oh dear!! A storm is coming my way, but it's supposed to be just rain. I'm not complaining about that one bit!​

Comment

Went out to dinner with my 2 colleagues and actually had a surprisingly good time. I did tell them that I nearly quit my job in October and they told me that they would be sad about me leaving but if that was something I wanted to follow through on then I should grab it with both hands.

Should there be another opportunity I think I will...

But anywho... that colleague that keeps interrupting me, bribed her way into my good graces today when she presented me with the yearly x-mas gift today. She got me a Grogu fleece blanket. DAMN IT!! I melted.

I got her a cup in the shape of a witch's cauldron, saying Witch's Brew, and my other colleague is going to move to a new house next year and so I got her a Stranger Things welcome mat, saying "Welcome to the upside down". I do think she's gonna have to tape it to the floor though cause her kids might run off with it.

Over dinner we had a seriously good talk about several things that frustrated us at the moment, and well... we're good for now. For now could end tomorrow though -- although she doesn't work on wednesday and on thursday she has the day off because her husband has an appointment at the hospital and she has to bake cookies to quench the nerves -- his and hers, and we enjoy the fruits of that labor on Friday.

And I also started on that new chapter...

Comment

Wow, I’m barely getting my life together for Christmas and my kiddos birthday Friday (18 !). I may have wrapped the last gift and bought the last ingredients for her birthday pie- butterscotch, the third year of this Undertale inspired treat.

And then I hear snow?! I need to pay better attention to the weather. Goodness, I’ve seen pictures of NW WA, SK so I’m glad you are ready to be homebound a bit. And I guess it’s coming for the rest of us next.

Super Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Pary All-Stars ... if you should need a tip.
              Added to the list!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And the best part is that the Raider player who caught it used to be a Patriot until he was traded. So it was pay back!
                What a sick burn! Bet they're regretting THAT trade now...

Yes, it will be a long, long time before either set of fans forgets this play. The plane ride home must have been quite silent. And awkward.
                *cackles maniacally*

Oh dear!! A storm is coming my way, but it's supposed to be just rain. I'm not complaining about that one bit!​
                Fortunately, our temps are supposed to go up above freezing starting Friday, and we'll be getting rain all weekend, so we should be good to get out by Monday. So it'll be a wet Christmas!

Went out to dinner with my 2 colleagues and actually had a surprisingly good time. I did tell them that I nearly quit my job in October and they told me that they would be sad about me leaving but if that was something I wanted to follow through on then I should grab it with both hands.

Should there be another opportunity I think I will...

But anywho... that colleague that keeps interrupting me, bribed her way into my good graces today when she presented me with the yearly x-mas gift today. She got me a Grogu fleece blanket. DAMN IT!! I melted.

I got her a cup in the shape of a witch's cauldron, saying Witch's Brew, and my other colleague is going to move to a new house next year and so I got her a Stranger Things welcome mat, saying "Welcome to the upside down". I do think she's gonna have to tape it to the floor though cause her kids might run off with it.

Over dinner we had a seriously good talk about several things that frustrated us at the moment, and well... we're good for now. For now could end tomorrow though -- although she doesn't work on wednesday and on thursday she has the day off because her husband has an appointment at the hospital and she has to bake cookies to quench the nerves -- his and hers, and we enjoy the fruits of that labor on Friday.

And I also started on that new chapter...
                A Grogu blanket! Ohhh, that's a good bribe all right! LOL at the "Witch's Brew" cup, though. Clever! Glad you all had that talk, it sounds like it was needed and helpful.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                Wow, I’m barely getting my life together for Christmas and my kiddos birthday Friday (18 !). I may have wrapped the last gift and bought the last ingredients for her birthday pie- butterscotch, the third year of this Undertale inspired treat.

And then I hear snow?! I need to pay better attention to the weather. Goodness, I’ve seen pictures of NW WA, SK so I’m glad you are ready to be homebound a bit. And I guess it’s coming for the rest of us next.
                Ah, the last minute insanity. Good to hear it's winding down so you can enjoy the holidays. And yes, The Snow Is Coming!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Has Anyone Watched His Dark Materials????

I Finished Watching Season 3 of His Dark Materials. 3 Days Ago

BBC Released The Whole Final Season
                  Last edited by america126; 21 December 2022, 11:12 AM.

Comment

There's an icecube in my yard... two actually. The barrels full of rain water apparently froze solid last week... THAT'S HOW FREAKING COLD IT WAS IN BELGIUM!

It'll take a few days to have it melted back into liquid state.

Temps are in the positives again, so much so even that I went out during lunch wearing only one extra sweater (on top of the one I was already wearing). Everything is soggy though and I nearly slipped in the mudd. Avoided a rather sticky situation there. There could have been a mud-angel if I hadn't flailed a bit to keep steady.

Comment

It's supposed to rain here Thursday night and all day Friday, and then freeze over. I need to get some rock salt to de-ice my walkway, just in case. I went out to run errands on Wednesday afternoon, but everyone and their brother were also out doing the same thing!! How wild. I drove into the supermarket parking lot, and nope-d my way right back out when the lot was 4/5 full. I'm going to try again Thursday morning.

FH I'm glad you didn't fall in the mud!!

My Tumblr twin sent me a minion blanket! It's so cute!

Comment

I drove into the supermarket parking lot, and nope-d my way right back out when the lot was 4/5 full.
                        That would so be me.

Also very awesome!

Comment

That would so be me.
                          Hermits unite! Separately.

I went at 7am and the place was empty. *happy sigh* But then they didn't have the ice melt I needed, so I had to go to another store. But I found it, and I finished my shopping before the masses woke up so I'm a happy girl!

Also very awesome!
                          It's sooooooooooo cute!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

There's an icecube in my yard... two actually. The barrels full of rain water apparently froze solid last week... THAT'S HOW FREAKING COLD IT WAS IN BELGIUM!

It'll take a few days to have it melted back into liquid state.

Temps are in the positives again, so much so even that I went out during lunch wearing only one extra sweater (on top of the one I was already wearing). Everything is soggy though and I nearly slipped in the mudd. Avoided a rather sticky situation there. There could have been a mud-angel if I hadn't flailed a bit to keep steady.
                            Whoa, that's a crisis averted! Snow angels are fun, but mud angels just suck.

I can't wait for the temps to warm up again. It should finally get above freezing around midday tomorrow and rocket up to 50F on Sunday. But I want it NOW!

I drove into the supermarket parking lot, and nope-d my way right back out when the lot was 4/5 full.
                            LOL, I'd do the same! (unless it was something I really really needed and it was the only place that carried it)

SQUEE!!!!

Comment

Hermits unite! Separately.

Absolutely.

Also, I need this week to be over already so I can enjoy my 3-day weekend -- boo Christianity for stealing Yule and also thanks cause national holiday on a Sunday means bankholiday on a monday

Oh yeah... Happy Winter Solstice Greetings!

Comment

Happy Winter Solstice!!

I don't know if my allergies are just kicking up, or if I'm coming down with a cold or the flu or covid or what. But my nose hurts from my blowing it so often. Ugh!!

I can't wait for the temps to warm up again. It should finally get above freezing around midday tomorrow and rocket up to 50F on Sunday. But I want it NOW!
                                It's going to get up to 60 here tomorrow, but it's going to rain all day and then at night it will go down to 15 so all that rain is going to freeze. And we're supposed to have high winds on Friday, so I'm keeping my phone plugged in at all times just in case I lose power. I also bumped up the heat a little to prepare the house for a power loss. I'm so used to it being 60 in my house, that the current temp of 64 has me uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X