No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Croatia beat Japan in penalty shots! Next up... Brazil. That's on Friday.
    Brazil...

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
    Lol, noted. I just had a lovely mental image of men running around in sheer chaos while the women get it done

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    One of the most hilarious moments as of yet was Vincent Aboubakar of Cameroon. He had received a yellow card earlier in the game for a fault, then he scored a goal at the end (by that time Cameroon was already out of the competition anyways) and took off his shirt (which they can't do -- there are rules) and thus got a second yellow, and was send off the field with a red card.

However, the situation was so funny that he got a pat on the head from the referee and everyone was just laughing.
    Hah! That's precious!

And a lot better too than the boo'ing and whistling of the Moroccans.
    *snorts*
    Last edited by Scary Kitty; 07 December 2022, 06:54 AM.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Portugal better do what Spain couldn't... dammit...

Oh, and Croatia probably doesn't stand a chance against this Brazil, neither do the Dutch vs Argentina. England vs France ... they're going home empty-handed again.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

England vs France ... they're going home empty-handed again.
        Always a good thing when England goes home empty-handed.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I have a day off tomorrow and I'll be spending it with my best friend, celebrating her 39th birthday (which was on the 7th). I wrapped her gifts which is always a challenge. I either have too much paper or not enough -- this time it was both. I tried for nice bows but that too takes effort, especially since I'm not good with small things which require some efficiency.

I usually look like I'm trying to solve a difficult equation with the tip of my tongue between my teeth, fully concentrated on tying a bloody bow, and my fingers barely able to do the necessary moves.

But I managed three bows with varied success, much like the wrapping.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

OMG CROATIA BEAT BRAZIL!

I have a day off tomorrow and I'll be spending it with my best friend, celebrating her 39th birthday (which was on the 7th). I wrapped her gifts which is always a challenge. I either have too much paper or not enough -- this time it was both. I tried for nice bows but that too takes effort, especially since I'm not good with small things which require some efficiency.

I usually look like I'm trying to solve a difficult equation with the tip of my tongue between my teeth, fully concentrated on tying a bloody bow, and my fingers barely able to do the necessary moves.

But I managed three bows with varied success, much like the wrapping.
            Have a great time with your friend!

Comment

Croatia beat Brazil after a shoot-out in extra time!!!!!! I was doing a happy dance. The stupid commentators had already written off Croatia at the beginning of the game, speaking about how great an Argentina/Brazil semi-final game would be. Suck it, commentator!!

In other news, I've been battling some kind of GI problem for a week now. It started last Sunday, got better Monday and Tuesday, then returned Tuesday night. On Thursday I got some drugs from the doctor to help the symptoms and they are working but I am certainly not back to normal. I'm ready to feel normal again. (Well, as "normal" as I ever feel)

Sometimes they also fake a fault, but when they are caught doing it, they get carded (yellow for a first offence -- 2 yellows make a red which is expulsion from the game and no substitute).

Neymar (Brazil) is infamous for his "schwalbe's" -- faking a fault. He's also not ashamed to fall down within the 16 meter lines which would grant the team a penalty (generally speaking those are easy goals to make).

There are entire youtube video's of his antics on the field.
              Okay I'm going to look this up. I was chatting with a Discord group who all said the faking isn't nearly as bad as it used to be years ago before something called VAR which google is telling me stands for video assisted referee.

However, in order to stop players from "faking" it, they get carded and you carry them with you the entire tournament. 2 yellows in separate games means you're missing the next game. 2 yellows in the same game, equals a red and expulsion as I mentioned above.

One of the most hilarious moments as of yet was Vincent Aboubakar of Cameroon. He had received a yellow card earlier in the game for a fault, then he scored a goal at the end (by that time Cameroon was already out of the competition anyways) and took off his shirt (which they can't do -- there are rules) and thus got a second yellow, and was send off the field with a red card.

However, the situation was so funny that he got a pat on the head from the referee and everyone was just laughing.
              Another thing to look up.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to Navy!

Croatia beat Brazil after a shoot-out in extra time!!!!!! I was doing a happy dance. The stupid commentators had already written off Croatia at the beginning of the game, speaking about how great an Argentina/Brazil semi-final game would be. Suck it, commentator!!
                Hahahah, joke's on them!

Okay I'm going to look this up. I was chatting with a Discord group who all said the faking isn't nearly as bad as it used to be years ago before something called VAR which google is telling me stands for video assisted referee.
                Hmm, sounds a little like instant replay, only different.

In other news, I've been battling some kind of GI problem for a week now. It started last Sunday, got better Monday and Tuesday, then returned Tuesday night. On Thursday I got some drugs from the doctor to help the symptoms and they are working but I am certainly not back to normal. I'm ready to feel normal again. (Well, as "normal" as I ever feel)
                Oh no! Glad the drugs are working and you're feeling better...now they just need to work harder so you're back to your normal. *hugs you*

Comment

So Croatia will play Argentina on Tuesday at 2pm EST. Good luck to them!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Oh no! Glad the drugs are working and you're feeling better...now they just need to work harder so you're back to your normal. *hugs you*
                  Thanks. *hugs* I've come to the realization that I'm not really getting better, but instead the meds are simply masking the symptoms. I know this because I was a few hours late on the nausea pill yesterday and I felt totally sick again. *sigh*

Trying to think positive... maybe I'll lose some weight, where I'm not eating very much? In all seriousness, I will call the doctor on Tuesday or Wednesday if I'm not doing better.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

So Croatia will play Argentina on Tuesday at 2pm EST. Good luck to them!!
                    Go Croatia!

In other sporting news, on this week's College Football Roundup, Navy fell to Army 20-17...in TWO OVERTIMES! At least they made 'em work for it. And last night, USC's quarterback Caleb Williams won the Heisman Trophy! *does a happy dance* (for those of you outside the US, the Heisman is awarded to the most outstanding player of the year)

Thanks. *hugs* I've come to the realization that I'm not really getting better, but instead the meds are simply masking the symptoms. I know this because I was a few hours late on the nausea pill yesterday and I felt totally sick again. *sigh*

Trying to think positive... maybe I'll lose some weight, where I'm not eating very much? In all seriousness, I will call the doctor on Tuesday or Wednesday if I'm not doing better.
                    Okay, that is not good news. Hopefully it's just that it's taking its sweet time to go away. *more hugs*

Comment

I just realized I forgot to wish Who Knows a happy birthday on December 6th! I'm going to blame my illness for my forgetfulness. Sorry, sir. I hope you had a wonderful day!

In other sporting news, on this week's College Football Roundup, Navy fell to Army 20-17...in TWO OVERTIMES! At least they made 'em work for it. And last night, USC's quarterback Caleb Williams won the Heisman Trophy! *does a happy dance* (for those of you outside the US, the Heisman is awarded to the most outstanding player of the year)
                      Boo to Army beating Navy. But like you said, at least they had to work for it.

And congrats to Caleb Williams!! That must be so exciting for you, SK!!

I was watching some pro football just now but the game was so incredibly lopsided (35-0 in the 3rd quarter) that they actually started to show a different game instead. It wasn't either of my teams. My Raiders lost last Thursday, and my Patriots will lose on Monday. *sigh* Not a good season.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I just realized I forgot to wish Who Knows a happy birthday on December 6th! I'm going to blame my illness for my forgetfulness. Sorry, sir. I hope you had a wonderful day!
                        Whoa, that makes all of us! Happy Belated Birthday to Who Knows!

And congrats to Caleb Williams!! That must be so exciting for you, SK!!
                        The Trojan Nation is on fire!

I was watching some pro football just now but the game was so incredibly lopsided (35-0 in the 3rd quarter) that they actually started to show a different game instead. It wasn't either of my teams. My Raiders lost last Thursday, and my Patriots will lose on Monday. *sigh* Not a good season.
                        They started showing another game?! Wow, that's bad! Sorry about the Raiders and the Patriots. *hugs*

Comment

I was chatting with a Discord group who all said the faking isn't nearly as bad as it used to be years ago before something called VAR which google is telling me stands for video assisted referee.
                          Ah the VAR... at first nobody liked the VAR but now it seems it has saved many a team from loosing to even bigger numbers (like our Devils).

Also, I'm firmly supporting France from now on since we were once a part of France and apparently that's enough to support them, cause for the Moroccans the "colonizers" should be send home. It's a good enough reason to boo and whistle every team they played so far. Their behavior has been appaling to say the least (not the team -- they're a fine bunch).
                          I even had a twitter tiff over it and I came [] this close to blocking the bloody moron who said it was okay to boo the "colonizers". Therefore, I stand with France. Brabant (my province) was once French so I should stand with Les Blues of France.

Grrrrr....

Anyway... day off was nice. Did a 5km walk (to and back -- 10 in total) to the Abbey of Averbode. Had a drink and shared some sweets with my best friend. Then we played Super Mario Party on her Switch (my game, her Switch), had Chinese food and an all-round good time.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Glad you and your BF had a great day, Falcon Horus!

Comment

Good luck, Croatia!!

They started showing another game?! Wow, that's bad! Sorry about the Raiders and the Patriots. *hugs*
                              The Patriots surprised me and actually won last night, but they didn't play well. They needed the win to stay in the hunt for the playoffs, but like the announcer said... even if they do make the playoffs, with the way they are playing right now, they do not have any chance against a good team. As FH would say, they don't deserve to win with how they are playing.

Next Sunday is the Raiders vs. Patriots game. I *should* root for the Patriots, but I'm going to root for the Raiders. Frankly, both teams suck so in the end it doesn't really matter.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              Also, I'm firmly supporting France from now on since we were once a part of France and apparently that's enough to support them, cause for the Moroccans the "colonizers" should be send home. It's a good enough reason to boo and whistle every team they played so far. Their behavior has been appaling to say the least (not the team -- they're a fine bunch).
                              I even had a twitter tiff over it and I came [] this close to blocking the bloody moron who said it was okay to boo the "colonizers". Therefore, I stand with France. Brabant (my province) was once French so I should stand with Les Blues of France.

Grrrrr....
                              What???? Yeah, that's just bogus.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              Anyway... day off was nice. Did a 5km walk (to and back -- 10 in total) to the Abbey of Averbode. Had a drink and shared some sweets with my best friend. Then we played Super Mario Party on her Switch (my game, her Switch), had Chinese food and an all-round good time.

Sounds like a great time!

Comment

If my colleagues keep up their shenanigans, I may have to write another Office Saga chapter afterall.

Comment

Working...
                                X