Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I will either support your team or Croatia. Good luck!!​
    That's going to be fascinating then when Belgium meets Croatia. They're in the same group.
    I suspect we'll loose from Croatia. Could win from Canada.

Wales played USA yesterday and scored 1 each. Torri would have been able to cheer for both.
    Argentina had a bad day today though, they lost 2-1 from Saudi-Arabia. Messi's gonna be in a bad mood the rest of the evening.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I will either support your team or Croatia. Good luck!!​
      And Ireland. Always Ireland.

Well, neither my brother nor my sister-in-law got sick at all. So maybe it was just a coincidence that the two of us got sick at the same time? I don't know. *shrugs* We both feel better now, and that's what counts.
      Looks like we just passed each other on the forum. Yeah, I didn't really think of that but you're right. I won't be eating anything like that in the future. (Even if it wasn't food poisoning this time, though it just seems like a big coincidence that 2 of us would get sick with GI problems at the same exact time. Maybe if it wasn't food poisoning it was something in it that didn't agree with our systems?)
      Hmm, yeah, an ingredient intolerance is a good possibility too. At least you're both feeling better! *hugs*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I’d alike to avoid both the snow and food poisoning though I wouldn’t mind a nip of whiskey while cheering for Ireland. I’m behind on TV so haven’t seen rings of power but I’d like to watch when I catch a break.

speaking of break, I slipped on an icy patch while hiking and visiting a natural arch area this weekend. I was told it looked like I was doing a pirouette until the last less than graceful thud No actual breaks, but my body still feels broken. I think I gave myself whiplash and I had 10 miles left in the hike. We barely made it off the trail before it was completely dark and the first thing we saw as we started to drive away was a big ole bear in the road. Also- Why is it so cold!? Started and ended with temps around 20 f. I was plenty warm with my layers except my face and I was too busy hustling out of the woods to fish the buff out of my pack so my lips were so numb I sounded like I’d just left the dentist. I know, I know, lesson learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          speaking of break, I slipped on an icy patch while hiking and visiting a natural arch area this weekend. I was told it looked like I was doing a pirouette until the last less than graceful thud
          I'm sorry but ... but I'm glad you didn't break anything.

We barely made it off the trail before it was completely dark and the first thing we saw as we started to drive away was a big ole bear in the road.
          Okay, it probably isn't but that must be so epic... I mean, the bear on the road.

As far as wild life goes, we don't get more than a wolf up north or a squirrel in my part of the country.

Comment

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the US, that means today is family baking day for my family. Tonight we'll gather to make the pies for tomorrow. This started out as a tradition when my mom would have her 2 grandkids over to make a mess bake pies (which I'd have to clean up from... not that I'm still bitter about that or anything )

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            That's going to be fascinating then when Belgium meets Croatia. They're in the same group.
            I suspect we'll loose from Croatia. Could win from Canada.
            Yeah I saw that was coming. I'll root for you guys in that game.

Wales played USA yesterday and scored 1 each. Torri would have been able to cheer for both.
            Argentina had a bad day today though, they lost 2-1 from Saudi-Arabia. Messi's gonna be in a bad mood the rest of the evening.
            Yeah I saw that Saudi Arabia was having a national celebration day in honor of that. That kinda cracks me up, gotta be honest.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
            Hmm, yeah, an ingredient intolerance is a good possibility too. At least you're both feeling better! *hugs*
            Thank you! And yes, my sister and I can both have sensitive GI systems so that's definitely possible.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
            I’d alike to avoid both the snow and food poisoning though I wouldn’t mind a nip of whiskey while cheering for Ireland. I’m behind on TV so haven’t seen rings of power but I’d like to watch when I catch a break.

speaking of break, I slipped on an icy patch while hiking and visiting a natural arch area this weekend. I was told it looked like I was doing a pirouette until the last less than graceful thud No actual breaks, but my body still feels broken. I think I gave myself whiplash and I had 10 miles left in the hike. We barely made it off the trail before it was completely dark and the first thing we saw as we started to drive away was a big ole bear in the road. Also- Why is it so cold!? Started and ended with temps around 20 f. I was plenty warm with my layers except my face and I was too busy hustling out of the woods to fish the buff out of my pack so my lips were so numb I sounded like I’d just left the dentist. I know, I know, lesson learned.​
            Ouch!! (Although the pirouette image has me chuckling a little...) I hope you're okay now!!

And yes, it's way too cold so far this season. Last year I didn't turn on the heat until January while this year I had to turn it on already!!
            Last edited by JT-2; 23 November 2022, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Yeah I saw that Saudi Arabia was having a national celebration day in honor of that. That kinda cracks me up, gotta be honest.
              I want that too. Every country should do that when their team wins!

Comment

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

speaking of break, I slipped on an icy patch while hiking and visiting a natural arch area this weekend. I was told it looked like I was doing a pirouette until the last less than graceful thud No actual breaks, but my body still feels broken. I think I gave myself whiplash and I had 10 miles left in the hike. We barely made it off the trail before it was completely dark and the first thing we saw as we started to drive away was a big ole bear in the road. Also- Why is it so cold!? Started and ended with temps around 20 f. I was plenty warm with my layers except my face and I was too busy hustling out of the woods to fish the buff out of my pack so my lips were so numb I sounded like I’d just left the dentist. I know, I know, lesson learned.
                  Whoa, that's a wild hike! Glad you didn't break anything...though the pirouette image is funny! And the bear... Sounds like you needed that nip of whiskey to celebrate surviving that one!

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the US, that means today is family baking day for my family. Tonight we'll gather to make the pies for tomorrow. This started out as a tradition when my mom would have her 2 grandkids over to make a mess bake pies (which I'd have to clean up from... not that I'm still bitter about that or anything )
                  Oh dear...

A day off for all!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US peeps! I'm awake at 3am because my back is so sore from helping to bake the pies last night. Stupid back.

My 11 year old adopted great niece can't seem to get her head around the fact that I'm related to her mother's side of the family... she said again last night "I thought you were a family friend" so I told her I was actually an alien sent down to infiltrate the family.

Comment

My 11 year old adopted great niece can't seem to get her head around the fact that I'm related to her mother's side of the family... she said again last night "I thought you were a family friend" so I told her I was actually an alien sent down to infiltrate the family.

Comment

So now she knows the truth she will be dragging you along to her school for 'Show and Tell' Mmo9zFu.gif
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post

So now she knows the truth she will be dragging you along to her school for 'Show and Tell' Mmo9zFu.gif

I'll tell them I'm from the Pegasus galaxy and my home looks like British Columbia.

Comment

I'll tell them I'm from the Pegasus galaxy and my home looks like British Columbia.
                            That should work.

Comment

That should work.
                              Congrats on your win against Canada. You can tell McKay to suck a lemon.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US peeps! I'm awake at 3am because my back is so sore from helping to bake the pies last night. Stupid back.

I like it!

Comment

Working...
                                X