No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m drowning in everything, but mostly keeping my head above water. Except when I realized I had two more assignments due at 11pm last night and they were due at 12p- but they don’t know my time zone so I think I’m ok? Lol. I’ll find out soon enough when my grades post.

Comment

FH - sounds like a good time!!

I'm still here. Just nothing interesting to say. (When has that stopped you before, you ask? )

Comment

My new boss is sitting next to me today (the colleague which usually sits next to me is sick) and as far as first impressions go, it looks alright. Have a one-to-one meeting with him on the 29th cause he's super busy and I'm also a bit swamped after my week off. Though I suspect my old boss threw him into the deep end so he has a lot to learn and catch up on.

One thing I already suspect is that he isn't particularly tech-savvy so that could complicate things a bit since I sometimes (most times really) tend to forget that I'm the only tech-savvy person on the floor and what I say sounds like Phoenician to the rest of them. I sometimes (most times) forget to dumb things down a bit.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          I’m drowning in everything, but mostly keeping my head above water. Except when I realized I had two more assignments due at 11pm last night and they were due at 12p- but they don’t know my time zone so I think I’m ok? Lol. I’ll find out soon enough when my grades post.
          Ruh oh!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I'm still here. Just nothing interesting to say. (When has that stopped you before, you ask? )

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          My new boss is sitting next to me today (the colleague which usually sits next to me is sick) and as far as first impressions go, it looks alright. Have a one-to-one meeting with him on the 29th cause he's super busy and I'm also a bit swamped after my week off. Though I suspect my old boss threw him into the deep end so he has a lot to learn and catch up on.

One thing I already suspect is that he isn't particularly tech-savvy so that could complicate things a bit since I sometimes (most times really) tend to forget that I'm the only tech-savvy person on the floor and what I say sounds like Phoenician to the rest of them. I sometimes (most times) forget to dumb things down a bit.
          Oh dear...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I saw a Black Friday “live now” sale ad for Walmart and wondered why the heck it was out so many weeks early. But then I looked at the calendar. When did November get here? My work tracks KPIs/revenues by financial periods instead of months and my classes are by term and week number and in the chaos lately this is all sneaking up on me.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I saw a Black Friday “live now” sale ad for Walmart and wondered why the heck it was out so many weeks early. But then I looked at the calendar. When did November get here? My work tracks KPIs/revenues by financial periods instead of months and my classes are by term and week number and in the chaos lately this is all sneaking up on me.
              Yeah, time flies when you're having fun!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Yeah, time flies when you're having fun!
                Even when you're not having fun... I mean, who invented deadlines anyway.

Comment

Yeah, my family mentioned Thanksgiving "next week" and I was like....

Comment

Deadlines are the worst and I have too many tomorrow

Comment

Before y'all know it, it's January 2nd, 2023... or as we tend to say "It'll be Easter soon"... but in a Dutch dialect which reads like this "Tzal rap vut poase zen"... which without a spoken context makes no sense obviously...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Even when you're not having fun... I mean, who invented deadlines anyway.
                        People who clearly want to spoil everyone else's fun.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Comment

Can't say it was a pretty friday today.

My work laptop decided it needed a BIOS update this morning and when it was finished every shortcut linking to something on my OneDrive (work - not private), on my desktop was gone. This also included my Office Saga.

I had a wee panic moment until I found the whole thing hiding in my cloud-file (I'm not a fan of OneDrive, mind you) so now I have a shortcut to my cloud-desktop on my laptop-desktop...and possibly a few more chapters for the saga too. CAUSE face it, my main concern was really not that I might have lost some essential files for work, nope... my main concern were the Office Saga files.

Comment

My work laptop decided it needed a BIOS update this morning and when it was finished every shortcut linking to something on my OneDrive (work - not private), on my desktop was gone. This also included my Office Saga.

I had a wee panic moment until I found the whole thing hiding in my cloud-file (I'm not a fan of OneDrive, mind you) so now I have a shortcut to my cloud-desktop on my laptop-desktop...and possibly a few more chapters for the saga too. CAUSE face it, my main concern was really not that I might have lost some essential files for work, nope... my main concern were the Office Saga files.

I'm glad you were able to get to everything.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

The Office Saga must be protected at all costs!

Very glad you were able to recover all your work files too, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X