No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Thank you!! It was a pretty good one. I wanted to go to the beach but it was drizzling rain outside, so instead I took a drive to enjoy some fall foliage. Then I went out with a friend for margaritas and Mexican food. And I'm finishing up the day with some SGA (The Long Goodbye, now I'm on Return 1) and some more chocolate cake!
    That definitely sounds like an awesome day! And now I have a hankering for some enchiladas...

That sounds very nice. Only thing we used to do for All Saint's Day was go to Mass at church as it is a holy day of obligation. It's a Catholic thing. I used to tell my Catholic school classmates that we went to church to celebrate my birth cause I was obviously a saint. They never bought it.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
    Speaking of hurting, my friends tried to kill me with a a$$kicker of a hike last weekend. 3 miles straight up for 3k elevation gain. Oh..,and the hike this weekend is six miles straight up, but we might see the llamas on the trail. Mt. LeConte has a hike in only rustic resort and llamas are the only way they can get in the supplies.
    Llamas, eh? Be sure to stay out of spitting range!

And Falcon Horus, that hike of yours sounds like it was a doozy! I'd have been totally pooped out afterward if it was me!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

JT2- glad you are enjoying that chocolate cake!.

FH you sound like you handled that in good spirit! I have a friend whose trail name is Bonus Mile because if you hike with her you will get some bonus miles either intentionally or accidentally

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
        FH you sound like you handled that in good spirit! I have a friend whose trail name is Bonus Mile because if you hike with her you will get some bonus miles either intentionally or accidentally
        Oh but not to worry... her GPS sent us down a "less than well traveled" lane at one point and when we had to make a left turn into a dirt road I told her to turn back cause her city-car would not be able to handle the potholes. My SUV would have had no problem with it, but hers would not have liked it one bit.

We call it the "scenic route" for a reason.
        Which we also took driving home, which did annoy me at some point, especially when she asked me to check google maps on my phone and I had to inform her that I had absolutely no connection whatsoever there in the middle of no and where.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Oh but not to worry... her GPS sent us down a "less than well traveled" lane at one point and when we had to make a left turn into a dirt road I told her to turn back cause her city-car would not be able to handle the potholes. My SUV would have had no problem with it, but hers would not have liked it one bit.

We call it the "scenic route" for a reason.
          Which we also took driving home, which did annoy me at some point, especially when she asked me to check google maps on my phone and I had to inform her that I had absolutely no connection whatsoever there in the middle of no and where.
          D'oh! Well, at least you can say you had an adventure...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I drove down to the beach today. I took some new routes and managed not to get lost! You can't ever get too lost in Rhode Island, though. You will either end up in Massachusetts, Connecticut, or the ocean eventually.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
            Happy Birthday JT2!

Just wrapped a term (A!) and have a one week break, whohoo. I can’t believe TN football this season, we are ranked Home in one of the polls!, but I think the Georgia game is going to hurt.

Speaking of hurting, my friends tried to kill me with a a$$kicker of a hike last weekend. 3 miles straight up for 3k elevation gain. Oh..,and the hike this weekend is six miles straight up, but we might see the llamas on the trail. Mt. LeConte has a hike in only rustic resort and llamas are the only way they can get in the supplies.
            Thank you! And congrats on your A!!!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
            That definitely sounds like an awesome day! And now I have a hankering for some enchiladas...
            That's actually what I had to eat!! Yum. I have leftovers in the fridge for later.

Comment

You can't ever get too lost in Rhode Island, though. You will either end up in Massachusetts, Connecticut, or the ocean eventually.
              That would be us.

Heck, we once took a wrong turn and drove home via Germany from The Netherlands. Small detour.

Or that one time I missed an exit and wasn't able to make a u-turn until I had crossed into The Netherlands. That's how bloody small Belgium is people.

Comment

That would be us.

Heck, we once took a wrong turn and drove home via Germany from The Netherlands. Small detour.

Or that one time I missed an exit and wasn't able to make a u-turn until I had crossed into The Netherlands. That's how bloody small Belgium is people.

I had to google it, and....

Belgium is 9.72 times as big as Rhode Island.

Considering how small Rhode Island is (the smallest US state) .... yeah, Belgium is quite tiny!!! I was just chatting with someone on Tumblr about how bizarre it is to us here that people in Europe just hop around to other countries like it's nothing. Just to get to Canada would take many hours. Mexico would take days.

Comment

I was just chatting with someone on Tumblr about how bizarre it is to us here that people in Europe just hop around to other countries like it's nothing. Just to get to Canada would take many hours. Mexico would take days.
                  If I were to drive 2h (with no traffic jams) in either direction, I would end up in The Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg, France or the North Sea.

Then again, for us, on the other hand, we can only imagine a country so vast that it would take hours to get even to the border of any state, let alone cross into another country.

Ya'll can cross into Canada or Mexico -- with border control (I imagine) -- but we cross into another European Union country without realizing it until you see the language change on the signs, or only because you happened to spot the country sign by the road. On major roadways, the old border-inspection buildings are still there to remind us of how it used to be, but on small roads you can hop in and out of the country without realizing it.

Come visit me some time -- I'll show you.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Heck, it takes a couple of days just to drive from Southern California to Northern California and the Oregon border. I really don't want to think about Alaska or Texas.

Comment

Erm... anyway... tomorrow I'll be flying to Spain. A flight of approx. 2,5 hours.
                      If we had gone by car, we would have needed at least 2 days to get where we are going, maybe 3.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Erm... anyway... tomorrow I'll be flying to Spain. A flight of approx. 2,5 hours.
                        If we had gone by car, we would have needed at least 2 days to get where we are going, maybe 3.
                        Ahh, the scenic route. Sometimes it's nice. Sometimes, you just wanna get where you're going so you can get down to the serious business of having fun. Hope you have a great trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Ahh, the scenic route. Sometimes it's nice. Sometimes, you just wanna get where you're going so you can get down to the serious business of having fun. Hope you have a great trip!
                          I'm not particurlarly happy about my flight. I had zero legspace and it was darn uncomfortable. Add to that that the lady in front of me had decided to empty her entire bottle of whatever parfum she splashed which took my breath away ... and not in a good way.

However, the pod of dolphins we spotten from our holiday rent made it all better. Hopefully they'll be back tomorrow.

Comment

Day of the Dead events were fun. I finally saw the movie "Coco".
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I'm not particurlarly happy about my flight. I had zero legspace and it was darn uncomfortable. Add to that that the lady in front of me had decided to empty her entire bottle of whatever parfum she splashed which took my breath away ... and not in a good way.

However, the pod of dolphins we spotted from our holiday rent made it all better. Hopefully they'll be back tomorrow.
                              Well that sucks about your flight! I hope you see the dolphins again!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

However, the pod of dolphins we spotten from our holiday rent made it all better. Hopefully they'll be back tomorrow.
                                Ugh, I'm sorry the flight sucked. And people who overdo it on the perfume/cologne are some of the most inconsiderate scum of the earth.

Glad the dolphins were there to cheer you up, though!

Speaking of cheerful, on to this week's College Football Roundup! It was again a mostly good week as USC beat Cal 41-35, Tennessee lost to Georgia 27-13 (our old friend Eri13 is no doubt a happy camper this morning!), Rhode Island beat Maine 26-22, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Navy fell to Cincinnati 20-10, and Air Force beat Army 13-7. On to next week!

Comment

Working...
                                X