Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    The weather has started to get wintry here. Today was pretty cold and windy.
    We are back in early summer with temps up in the 20 degrees Celsius. Very much not normal for the this time of year... however, I'm not complaining cause that means my best friend and I will have 3 awesome days coming up in France.

Also, new boss was announced today. I hope he has a good sense of humor cause he's gonna need it taming his teams. If he can't handle our level -- he's in for a wild ride.
    I know who it is but never had the chance of working with him so it's gonna be all new, for all of us.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      The weather has started to get wintry here. Today was pretty cold and windy.
      Yep, same here. We're getting rain and wind off and on for the next several days. It's looking like a wet Halloween up here in the PNW!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Thanks! I had my test yesterday. I should get the results in a few days. Since it was a Sunday, the normal entrance was closed so I had to go to another entrance and go through a freaking maze to find the MRI testing place. Thankfully someone walked me there because I never would have found it. On the way out, I was able to reverse the way back.... thankfully there were lots of signs!! I am directionally challenged.
      LOL! Sounds like me, I need a map to find any place I've never been before and leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find my way back!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      We are back in early summer with temps up in the 20 degrees Celsius. Very much not normal for the this time of year... however, I'm not complaining cause that means my best friend and I will have 3 awesome days coming up in France.

Also, new boss was announced today. I hope he has a good sense of humor cause he's gonna need it taming his teams. If he can't handle our level -- he's in for a wild ride.
      I know who it is but never had the chance of working with him so it's gonna be all new, for all of us.
      Well, it sounds like at least they didn't choose the one you were worried about, so that's a plus!

And have a good time in France!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
      Yikes, I hope everyone is feeling better. I camped this weekend and have the sniffles but fairly certain I haz thee allergies.

I really need to get to Costco for cookies! I’ve been stalking Aldi social for the cheese advent calendar release date too

Turned in my giant project of the term, fingers crossed.And planning my fall 2023 trip (i already have my winter and spring trip planned, I have a problem I know). I’m looking at 10 days in the southwest and realized Colorado Springs isn’t out of the question. Could fit it in between Taos and Moab. Hmmmm. Pretty sure the gate is locked at Cheyenne Mountain, but maybe a visit to the Garden of the Gods?
      Ack! Hope the allergies clear up soon!

LOL! Now that's an itinerary!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sounds like it will be entertaining to watch the new boss get broken in

Comment

I hate waiting for test results! Usually they post the results to the online portal within a day. It's now been 2 days and I'm still waiting. I'm trying not to get nervous, but.... there's a reason my sister calls me Eeyore.

Zandras_Ashes - allergies are kicking my butt right now too. Achoo!!

Good luck with your new boss! I'm sure you'll break him in.

Comment

Just got my test results - everything is good!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I know, right? Where's my popcorn?

YAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! The best news of all! *hugs*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

... he'll be joining us from November 1st onwards but considering that's a holiday, we'll have to wait and see if he's around on the 2nd. He has to learn the ropes so he's in luck that our old boss is still around to reign us in if need be.

WOOHOO!!

Comment

Great to hear JT-2, now let's hope it stays that way for a long time.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

... he'll be joining us from November 1st onwards but considering that's a holiday, we'll have to wait and see if he's around on the 2nd. He has to learn the ropes so he's in luck that our old boss is still around to reign us in if need be.
                    That poor, poor man...

Comment

Thank you all! After having been told once that I have cancer, I admit that I am a bit of a hypochondriac now. I'll try not to get so worried next time.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                      Trial by fire!!

And.... my birthday being a national holiday over there makes me very happy.

Comment

And.... my birthday being a national holiday over there makes me very happy.
                        It's in your honor.

Montfaucon-d'Argonne... is where I'm at right now. It's the battlefield of a WWI one battle where American infantery had to capture a hill owned by German troops. Let me put it this way, the village on top of the hill was destroyed and the ground is soaked in American and German blood around these parts.

Visited the American cemetery of Argonne where I photographed the headstone of a Medal of Honor recipient which I later learned was actually an African-American Corporal who received his MoH posthumously 70 years after the war.

Comment

I don't really have any Halloween plans. Will probably just play Rune Factory games.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I'm debating whether to give out candy for Halloween this year. I usually don't. I probably won't this year either, but every year I consider it. I live in a neighborhood that gets a lot of kids, since it's an easy walk and it's self-contained so there are no busy streets.

It's in your honor.
                            Well, naturally.

Montfaucon-d'Argonne... is where I'm at right now. It's the battlefield of a WWI one battle where American infantery had to capture a hill owned by German troops. Let me put it this way, the village on top of the hill was destroyed and the ground is soaked in American and German blood around these parts.

Visited the American cemetery of Argonne where I photographed the headstone of a Medal of Honor recipient which I later learned was actually an African-American Corporal who received his MoH posthumously 70 years after the war.
                            Oooh, interesting! Hopefully someday I'll get over to Europe. So much history.

Comment

More destroyed villages today (where it literally says to stay on the path because unexploded ordinances may still be around and can still kill today), one really big French cemetary with an ossuary where German and French bones are "stored" together and where in WWII the Germans covered the memorial wall for the Jewish soldiers from WWI**. A fort where 679 German soldiers are literally resting behind a wall after having been killed by a fire after the munitions depot blew up, and 7 French soldiers crushed in a bombing.

** Visited a German "Friedhof" (cemetary in German) yesterday where I noticed 2 Jewish headstones and my first thought was how the family members of those 2 soldiers were probably deported during WWII. I kinda hope to find out since I photographed one of the headstones.

Tomorrow we're heading back to the American cemetary to visit the visitor center, and then onwards to more interesting places.

You'll have to wait for pictures a bit since I need to sort them out a bit before I'm putting them up on Instagram.

OH... and I spotted a little fox crossing the street today too.

Comment

We're actually going to Day of the Dead events this weekend.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X