Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It's something I can do during one or two evenings a week. I'm home alone on Tuesday evenings (sister has ballet classes then).

we rescheduled to monday and I got something for my cough -- claims it has a banana flavor but I can definitely say it tastes nothing like a banana.
    Well, if you get your booster Monday let me know, and IF I was anywhere near Belgium, and IF I knew your address (or even your town or village) I would come round on Tuesday and make sure you are OK. Mmo9zFu.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
      ...IF I knew your address (or even your town or village)...
      IF you fly into Brussels Airport... you could see my house.

It's right underneath the route to the airport.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Anywho... a new adventure does begin --> getting certified as a UiPath programmer.
        Now there you go! Something really positive to come out of this little side quest!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wow, FH you have had the week! Congrats on the job offer and I have to say, your reasoning is sound. I’d scoop up that certification if they are willing. And I always worry when jobs give me cell phones or a cell phone allowance each month. It always seems to carry that expectation you can be reached whenever. Also hope that besides the cough you are feeling ok.

I had so much fun in Salem, just back tonight and my cats have become my paperweight. I think they missed me, lol.

Comment

IF you fly into Brussels Airport... you could see my house.

It's right underneath the route to the airport.
            Oh, that's great, if you stand out in your back garden & wave as my plane goes over I can jump out & parachute down to you. Save all the hassles of customs and such-like. BnKDK9pl.jpg
            Last edited by Who Knows; 13 October 2022, 09:49 PM. Reason: changed emoticon
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
              And I always worry when jobs give me cell phones or a cell phone allowance each month. It always seems to carry that expectation you can be reached whenever.
              Indeed. However, we have a rule codified into worker's law which dictates that employees are free to disconnect from work, and that employers can't expect them to be available at all times.

My sister has a cellphone from work which she turns off when she comes home and during vacations.

Also hope that besides the cough you are feeling ok.
              Unfortunately my sister's cold bugs have migrated so now I have a stuffed nose and a cough.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*sends hot tea with lemon and honey to Falcon Horus for her cough*

I had so much fun in Salem, just back tonight and my cats have become my paperweight. I think they missed me, lol.
                Your pics on Instagram were glorious! Glad you had a great time!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  *sends hot tea with lemon and honey to Falcon Horus for her cough*
                  Gallons of tea have been had.

I feel like a proper Brit.

Comment

Welp, I did a dumb. All of our homework assignments are due each Sunday but we had a random discussion post due on Thursday and I’d no idea. I mean, I totally should have seen it, but with the chaotic state of my life (self-inflicted, I know lol) I just missed it. I only noticed when I went to finish the assignment tonight. I posted and emailed the professor, so we’ll see if he is in a gracious mood. It’s usually a 10 point penalty deduction each day, so not the end of the world but I want my points!

Indeed. However, we have a rule codified into worker's law which dictates that employees are free to disconnect from work, and that employers can't expect them to be available at all times.

My sister has a cellphone from work which she turns off when she comes home and during vacations.

Unfortunately my sister's cold bugs have migrated so now I have a stuffed nose and a cough.
                    Yuck, hopefully it will pass soon!

and we are not so lucky with labor laws. Fortunately at my job they all know I like to get lost in the national park with no cell towers so they really don’t ever try to reach me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Gallons of tea have been had.

I feel like a proper Brit.

Welp, I did a dumb. All of our homework assignments are due each Sunday but we had a random discussion post due on Thursday and I’d no idea. I mean, I totally should have seen it, but with the chaotic state of my life (self-inflicted, I know lol) I just missed it. I only noticed when I went to finish the assignment tonight. I posted and emailed the professor, so we’ll see if he is in a gracious mood. It’s usually a 10 point penalty deduction each day, so not the end of the world but I want my points!
                      D'oh! Aw, that sucks.

​​​​​​​
                      Fortunately at my job they all know I like to get lost in the national park with no cell towers so they really don’t ever try to reach me

Comment

Fortunately at my job they all know I like to get lost in the national park with no cell towers so they really don’t ever try to reach me
                        So we thought once about 11 years ago, standing in a field somewhere in the UK, in the middle of no and where, and my sister's phone rings. Though it wasn't her boss at the time but her what-was-to-become-her-new-boss-now-old-boss. My best friend and I sat down and made cow noises while she was on the phone.

Comment

Football is not for the faint of heart. That being said, hot d&mn!

Also, fans are wearing shirts that say “support your neighborhood Hooker” Our QB’s last name.

So we thought once about 11 years ago, standing in a field somewhere in the UK, in the middle of no and where, and my sister's phone rings. Though it wasn't her boss at the time but her what-was-to-become-her-new-boss-now-old-boss. My best friend and I sat down and made cow noises while she was on the phone.
                          love it!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

That's priceless!

Football is not for the faint of heart. That being said, hot d&mn!
                            Ain't that the truth! And on that note, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a good day for almost everyone as USC fell to Utah in a nailbiting shootout 43-42, Tennessee beat Alabama in another of the day's upsets 52-49, Rhode Island beat Elon 17-10, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Navy fell to SMU 40-34, and Air Force beat UNLV 42-7. On to next week! ​​​​​​​

Comment

...Air Force beat UNLV 42-7. On to next week!
                              BURN!!

GOOOOO Falcons!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Ain't that the truth! And on that note, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a good day for almost everyone as USC fell to Utah in a nailbiting shootout 43-42, Tennessee beat Alabama in another of the day's upsets 52-49, Rhode Island beat Elon 17-10, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Navy fell to SMU 40-34, and Air Force beat UNLV 42-7. On to next week!
                                It was pandemonium in Knoxville last night. The field was stormed, the goal posts torn down. One was paraded through campus before getting tossed in the TN River. A sportscaster was reporting from the bed of a moving pickup truck. Numerous porch couches ( students neighborhood) were tossed to the street and set on fire. I never did understand that one, but its tradition. After the dust settled, not too much damage all in all, but I think TN was fined $130k for the field rush and goal posts tear down.

They knew it would happen. UT had ordered replacement goalposts the week prior Not sure what the cost is on those.

Comment

Working...
                                X