No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems only fair that I share my test results after that moment of utter panic and doom-and-gloom...

Turns out I did do better than expected, except numerical which was bad but that was expected.

Spoiler:
    Cognitive abilities are at 61% which is identified as moderate:
    Aptitude is defined as potential of the candidate and the ability to grasp new concepts which are crucial to his/ her role as an employee in the organization. It is the innate, learned or acquired ability of an individual to perform certain tasks. It helps assess Individual's capacity for learning in general regardless of any
    specific skill.

Reasoning = 75% = high
    The candidate is likely to have the ability to use steady, logical and consistent reasoning to arrive at a conclusion. He/she may be good at logically structuring problems, situations and facts in order to conceive a solution. He/she may have a strong thinking and understanding process.

Abstract reasoning = 71% = high
    The candidate is likely to have the ability to quickly identify patterns and the logical rule underlying those patterns to arrive at solutions. He/she may be able to gather work related information quickly, from various sources and apply it in innovative ways to solve problems. He/she may have good lateral thinking abilities and fluid intelligence. He/ she may be creative in thinking and in integrating data logically to arrive at solutions.

Attention to detail = 71% = high (thank you autism)
    The candidate is likely to notice everything that might be of importance, at any point of time. He/she is likely to be able to capture every minute detail and present the work in a clear, complete, precise and easy to understand language. The candidate may be attentive, focused and good at giving excellent results, maintaining excellent quality.

Numerical ability = 21% = low (no kidding and also low level concentration... errm... yeah about that... )
    The candidate is less likely to perceive and process numbers and related symbols to perform basic arithmetic operations and perform estimates. He/she may have low level of speed in making analysis or assessments based on given information and a low level of concentration in solving problems.

Data analyses = 57% = moderate
    The candidate is moderately likely to structure and analyse observations that are obtained by different data sources. He/she may be moderate in inspection, selection, transformation and remodelling of data in order to derive a conclusion for any particular situation. He/she may have the ability to break down a big problem into smaller parts for better understanding of the problem, in order to solve the problem efficiently.

Verbal ability = 68% = high
    The candidate is likely to have a good vocabulary. He/she may be good at proper usage of grammar and punctuation. He/she may be good at understanding word meanings, word relationships and also in interpreting detailed information.

The person I'm in contact with wants to schedule an online meeting today or tomorrow. Today is better cause I'm at the office tomorrow and I really don't want any of my colleagues to find out what I'm up to at the moment.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

q4qX5g7.jpg Maybe next time you will run things by your friends here before you have a melt down and a panic attack.

Good luck for tomorrow. (not that you need it)
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
        Maybe next time you will run things by your friends here before you have a melt down and a panic attack.
        Maybe that would be indeed the better option.

Good luck for tomorrow. (not that you need it)
        Thx!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          The Japanese Festival was fun. Had some good food.

I got sunburned due to bus fail though. (Waited over an hour at the bus stop.)
          Yay! Glad you had fun and there were lots of tasty eatings! Bummer about the sunburn, that's never fun. *shakes fist at the bus*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          See, that's logic! So I bet you did better on the logic section than you think you did. Logic is important for programmers. My first year of college, I was a computer science major and one of the classes they forced you to take was logic. I used to skip every Wednesday as that class was at the same time as my favorite soap opera at the time - Guiding Light. I was such a bad student. But I got an A anyway. After the grading was complete, the professor asked me why I skipped every Wednesday. When I told him it was to watch a soap opera - one of the least logical things in the world - he looked at me like I had 2 heads. But then he laughed.

Irish, huh? More power to you!!! Are you planning a trip there?
          Not any time soon, but I'd like to eventually. Right now, it's really more for me, in a "this is my ancestral tongue, I should be able to speak/understand it" way. Plus, the idea of being able to creatively swear in a language other than English is immensely appealing to me.

I think it's a left brain/right brain thing. I'm very left brained like my dad was... mathematical, order, logic, etc. I suck at art too. I can appreciate it, but I can't create it.
          Hmm, I guess that means my dad and I both have kinda balanced brains? My dad is very good at math, logical and methodical (he was an estimator and project manager in civil engineering) but he was also a fine arts major (sculpture and jewelry) and is very good at woodworking. I've never liked math though I am capable on basic levels, but I've got the logical and methodical part down (you should see how intricate my fic outlines are, LOL! And yo fandom speculation!), and the artistic side, I write (yay fic! and my original sci-fantasy epic!), I like to draw (mapmaking for the epic!), and enjoy a very eclectic range of music. (Mom, in case anyone is wondering, is totally right-brained. She's a painter. )

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Tip: don't visit Ireland during winter-time. While it's very beautiful, roads are iced over and driving and walking are a danger to one's health. Just saying... and yes, I speak from experience. I will never forget that 360 spin I made rounding the corner, in perfect synch with the car coming the other way, round their corner.
          Heh! Sounds very much like the PNW during winter (especially our neck of the woods which is very close to the Canadian border and we routinely get hit with arctic winds out of the Fraser River Valley. Brr!). 4-wheel drive is essential.

And hey, congratulations on the test and good luck with the meeting! *hugs*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Talking about left/right things... I had a rather interesting observation made last week during rope-skip training.

We were practicing double-dutch and out of the blue my trainer looks at me and asks me whether I'm left-handed. I tell her no, I'm right-handed. She frowns and then tells me that my left-hand is much better at swinging the rope than my right hand, which can only be if that were to be my dominant hand.
            I tell her then that I am a left-handed archer so maybe in some things my left hand is more dominant than my right. It could be I'm mildly ambidextrous like my dad but he was forced to write with his right hand in school so maybe we do have a bit of leftie left in us.
            I think that's the best way to be! Wish I was like that. I think it would have been easier to learn to play music if my left hand wasn't practically useless. That I can type well is a shock.

Originally posted by Who Knows
            I am right-handed, my mother was right-handed. My father apparently was left-handed, but got it knocked out of him at school.
            Let me guess.... nuns??

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
            The person I'm in contact with wants to schedule an online meeting today or tomorrow. Today is better cause I'm at the office tomorrow and I really don't want any of my colleagues to find out what I'm up to at the moment.
            See, you did better than you thought!! Good luck with your interview!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
            Not any time soon, but I'd like to eventually. Right now, it's really more for me, in a "this is my ancestral tongue, I should be able to speak/understand it" way. Plus, the idea of being able to creatively swear in a language other than English is immensely appealing to me.
            One of the few phrases I made sure to memorize in Spanish is "I am fed up with you". (If you ever need it - it's "estoy hasta coronilla contigo").

Hmm, I guess that means my dad and I both have kinda balanced brains? My dad is very good at math, logical and methodical (he was an estimator and project manager in civil engineering) but he was also a fine arts major (sculpture and jewelry) and is very good at woodworking. I've never liked math though I am capable on basic levels, but I've got the logical and methodical part down (you should see how intricate my fic outlines are, LOL! And yo fandom speculation!), and the artistic side, I write (yay fic! and my original sci-fantasy epic!), I like to draw (mapmaking for the epic!), and enjoy a very eclectic range of music. (Mom, in case anyone is wondering, is totally right-brained. She's a painter. )
            Like I said to FH, I truly think that's the best way to be - somewhere in the middle!!

My mom was in the middle. She wasn't an artist but she did arts and crafts and such for Girl Scouts. *shrugs* I hated it when I was forced to take 1/2 year of art in high school. I just can't do it. I've got no soul.

Comment

Let me guess.... nuns??
              Well actually......................... No, but I do admit it sounds like it.
              He was the middle son of seven, and I doubt my grandparents could have afforded anything more than public schooling.
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Hey y’all - just quickly popping in to say that I just about lived out “The Storm/The Eye” - Hurricane Ian made landfall about an hour south of me

The cat and I rode out the storm at Mom’s house and power is back on at mine so I’m heading back home today. Hope everybody’s doing well!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  the idea of being able to creatively swear in a language other than English is immensely appealing to me.
                  Oh, and here I was thinking that was everyone's main reason...

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Hey y’all - just quickly popping in to say that I just about lived out “The Storm/The Eye” - Hurricane Ian made landfall about an hour south of me

The cat and I rode out the storm at Mom’s house and power is back on at mine so I’m heading back home today. Hope everybody’s doing well!
                  Oh dear... I saw some vids and images of the devastation in all the parts where Ian passed through. I'm glad to hear you're alright.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

*hugs you* Glad to hear you and your family made it through all right! The video coming out of Florida is really scary! *more hugs*

Oh, and here I was thinking that was everyone's main reason...

One of the few phrases I made sure to memorize in Spanish is "I am fed up with you". (If you ever need it - it's "estoy hasta coronilla contigo").
                    I'll definitely remember that one!

Like I said to FH, I truly think that's the best way to be - somewhere in the middle!!

My mom was in the middle. She wasn't an artist but she did arts and crafts and such for Girl Scouts. *shrugs* I hated it when I was forced to take 1/2 year of art in high school. I just can't do it. I've got no soul.
                    Awww! Of course you've got soul! You're a Sparky fan, after all!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well actually......................... No, but I do admit it sounds like it.
                      He was the middle son of seven, and I doubt my grandparents could have afforded anything more than public schooling.
                      That story just reminded me of the stories my mom used to tell about the nuns. But back in the that day, even public school teachers could get away with being tyrants. So it doesn't surprise me.

My poor mother.... she spent the money to send me to Catholic school through freshman year of high school, and now I'm agnostic. Sorry mom!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter

Hi there!! I'm so glad you're doing okay. It's truly dreadful how bad that storm was. Your poor kitty must have been so scared!!

Awww! Of course you've got soul! You're a Sparky fan, after all!
                      Oh, okay then. Thanks! Still, I wish I had just a tiny amount of artistic ability.

Comment

I'm going to a couple festivals this weekend. Hopefully won't get sunburned.

Next week is my birthday. It is somewhat exiting, but I'm getting old.

Not sure if I have a new friend.
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                          I'm going to a couple festivals this weekend. Hopefully won't get sunburned.

Next week is my birthday. It is somewhat exiting, but I'm getting old.

Not sure if I have a new friend.
                          Remember, sunblock is your friend. And so are we! *hugs*

And yay, fellow October baby! Yeah, we're all getting older. But hey, age is in the mind. Fandom keeps you young!

My poor mother.... she spent the money to send me to Catholic school through freshman year of high school, and now I'm agnostic. Sorry mom!
                          LOL! I got sent to Catholic school because it was better/safer than the public schools. I turned out pagan.

Oh, okay then. Thanks! Still, I wish I had just a tiny amount of artistic ability.
                          Nah, you don't need to have artistic ability to appreciate art. *hugs you*

Comment

I'm watching Progeny right now. RIP David Ogden Stiers.

And yay, fellow October baby! Yeah, we're all getting older. But hey, age is in the mind. Fandom keeps you young!
                            Okay so you both have to tell us which day in October is your birthday so we can celebrate you properly!!

I'm a November baby myself. My mom had a c-section and she was given the choices of Oct 31 or Nov 1. She thought being born on Halloween might get me teased, so she picked Nov 1 which is All Saint's Day in the Catholic Church. Seems appropriate to me....

LOL! I got sent to Catholic school because it was better/safer than the public schools. I turned out pagan.
                            LMAO!!! Turns out these schools don't do such a good job on that front.

Nah, you don't need to have artistic ability to appreciate art. *hugs you*
                            *glomps*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I'm watching Progeny right now. RIP David Ogden Stiers.
                              He was so deliciously diabolical as Oberoth.

Okay so you both have to tell us which day in October is your birthday so we can celebrate you properly!!
                              Thursday.

I'm a November baby myself. My mom had a c-section and she was given the choices of Oct 31 or Nov 1. She thought being born on Halloween might get me teased, so she picked Nov 1 which is All Saint's Day in the Catholic Church. Seems appropriate to me....

LMAO!!! Turns out these schools don't do such a good job on that front.
                              Nope!

And now, on to this week's College Football Roundup! A good week was had by nearly all, as USC beat Arizona State 42-25, Tennessee had a bye, Rhode Island beat Brown 38-10, and Air Force continues to extend it's lead in the Atlantis Cup as they beat Navy 13-10. This morning's PT run is going to be LEGENDARY.

Comment

Go Falcons!

Comment

Working...
                                X