No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Coke float for me to try...

A couple of weeks ago I mixed cranberry juice and ginger ale -- wasn't a success but it wasn't bad either.
    Cranberry juice and ginger ale definitely should work. Probably just need to play with the proportions a bit.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    It's the root beer part of the root beer float that disgusts me. I think root beer is just gross! I could go for a milkshake, though! Or in Rhode Island-ese, I could go for a coffee cabinet.
    Might be the brand of root beer, too. Some of them are much harsher in their "bite" than others. *shrugs*

​​​​​​​
    Yeah, that sounds.... interesting. I could see it work, maybe, with some liquor in it.
    There's that, too.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, that sounds.... interesting. I could see it work, maybe, with some liquor in it.
      I think the original recipe was with a splash of something alcoholic but I can't recall what it was. As someone who doesn't drink alcoholic beverages, I don't pay attention to such detail.

And yes, the balance cranberry juice/ginger ale is still an ongoing phase of experimenting.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

After 1 1/2 hours of my trying, Gateworld is finally up. Let's see if I can post before it crashes again.

I just booked another little trip for myself. This time for 2 days since my last 1 day trip wasn't long enough to feel like a trip. But I made it for after Labor Day when prices plummet, the kids are in school, and the beach becomes free. I can cancel up to Sep 1, so we'll see if I have buyer's remorse.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        There's that, too.
        A little alcohol never hurts.

Although, to be honest, I am not a big drinker. I hate the burn of alcohol. Maybe it's like my issue with coffee.... I never got used to it when I was younger like other people did. *shrugs*

I had a watermelon margarita on Tuesday when I went to a Mexican restaurant. It was a pink fruity drink!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        I think the original recipe was with a splash of something alcoholic but I can't recall what it was. As someone who doesn't drink alcoholic beverages, I don't pay attention to such detail.

And yes, the balance cranberry juice/ginger ale is still an ongoing phase of experimenting.
        I'm not a big fan of cranberry juice on its own, but mixed with something else it can be quite yummy.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of cranberry juice on its own, but mixed with something else it can be quite yummy.
          On its own, it does weird things to my tastebuds.

Comment

On its own, it does weird things to my tastebuds.

It's way too tart on its own.

Comment

GW finally came back up. GRRRR!

I'm watching the final pre-season football game for both my local Patriots and favorite Raiders. My family has called me a traitor cause I'm rooting for the Raiders.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

GW finally came back up. GRRRR!

I'm watching the final pre-season football game for both my local Patriots and favorite Raiders. My family has called me a traitor cause I'm rooting for the Raiders.
                Go Raiders!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Go Raiders!
                  Raiders won!! By a lot!!! Now I wait until tomorrow to see if everyone around here in RI is bitter at me.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Raiders won!! By a lot!!! Now I wait until tomorrow to see if everyone around here in RI is bitter at me.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

It seems people don't care because it's just pre-season. They play each other again in December.

Still, I'm going to wear my Raiders shirt to my brother's house tomorrow. Cause I am that kind of person.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

It seems people don't care because it's just pre-season. They play each other again in December.

Still, I'm going to wear my Raiders shirt to my brother's house tomorrow. Cause I am that kind of person.
                        Snarky Sparky Forever!

Comment

Snarky Sparky Forever!
                          Sparky can be snarky - another reason to love them.

Elizabeth, about clearing tree stumps by hand - "Yes, it's a hobby"
                          "Personally I stop short of offering nuclear weapons"

(Can you tell I did a mini-season 1 rewatch? Kate! Grodin!! Ford!!)

Comment

I betcha those tree stumps wouldn't stand a chance... not much else either but that's beside the point.

GOOD TIMES!!

Comment

I betcha those tree stumps wouldn't stand a chance... not much else either but that's beside the point.

GOOD TIMES!!
                              And being cut off from Earth! The best of times.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Sparky can be snarky - another reason to love them.

Atlantis at its best! I'd say anything after S1 was basically some sort of messed up fever dream. Except we wouldn't have Ronon, and he was a very very good addition.

Comment

Working...
                                X