Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    Thanks for the virtual hugs. My water heater was replaced on Wednesday afternoon. The storage closest is dry, but my stuff is still in the living room. Wanted to get some plastic tubs for books and such.
    Good thinking!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    Still roasting hot in the PNW. Supposedly we're going to start cooling down on Monday. I'll believe it when I feel it.
    It's not going to be cooling down anytime soon here. In fact, it's supposed to get back into the 90s (32C) next week. Can autumn just hurry up and get here already!!

I recently got an email from my energy company stating that my power usage has significantly increased since the heat rolled in. Well, no freaking duh.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    Spoiler:

on the goats. On the one hand, major yay for bringing in something from Norse mythology, but on the other hand, yeah the screaming is annoying. *sighs*
    Yes, exactly!!
    Spoiler:

And the whole graying out of everything just seemed so gimmicky. Like oh look I'm being artistic. And I never cared one way or another for Jane Foster, so her whole arc did nothing for me.

Comment

I was starting to think GW was only picking on me. I just saw that some of the Expanse actors will be at Dragon Con too. I was already having serious fomo for missing Joe. Someone’s going to need to hide my car keys soon.

Comment

Listening to ocean sounds on my phone cause I miss the sound of the waves tonight as I'm back in my own bed.

It's remaining in warm temps over in the next week, but that's okay as I still have a whole week off work, enjoying my free time to the fullest. Might even go back to working on my chainmail shirt as I picked up on a few ideas in the Bayeux tapestry museum. There was an example of an old shirt where the use of smaller rings to form the collar, gave us some food for thought about my own shirt.

Normandy was fun and I definitely have to go back there.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well, according to Greg (on the Ask the Moderators thread), they were doing database work and it's now done. Let's keep our fingers crossed, throw some salt over our shoulders, all that jazz.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
          I was starting to think GW was only picking on me. I just saw that some of the Expanse actors will be at Dragon Con too. I was already having serious fomo for missing Joe. Someone’s going to need to hide my car keys soon.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
          Listening to ocean sounds on my phone cause I miss the sound of the waves tonight as I'm back in my own bed.

It's remaining in warm temps over in the next week, but that's okay as I still have a whole week off work, enjoying my free time to the fullest. Might even go back to working on my chainmail shirt as I picked up on a few ideas in the Bayeux tapestry museum. There was an example of an old shirt where the use of smaller rings to form the collar, gave us some food for thought about my own shirt.

Normandy was fun and I definitely have to go back there.
          Sounds awesome! So glad you had such a nice trip. Enjoy your time at home.

Comment

Since I wrote that post, the site went down and back up again. I'm hoping it's some last bit of work they were doing, and not a serious problem they can't fix.

I'm thinking we need a backup place to go if this site dies. Does anyone else use Discord? I'm in 3 different groups there. It works pretty easily. It's a chat with threads similar to this, kinda. I could try to set up one for us, if anyone is interested. I'd rather just stay here, of course. But in just the time I've been typing this messages, I've gotten two "server is too busy" pop-ups. Damnit, now three. Now four. Let's see if I can post this reply....

Nope, JSON error.

I'll keep trying to post this. If you see this, I finally succeeded.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I'm thinking we need a backup place to go if this site dies. Does anyone else use Discord? I'm in 3 different groups there. It works pretty easily. It's a chat with threads similar to this, kinda.
              Your mindreading skills are of epic proportions... all the way down to a highway in France where I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.

I do have a Discord account -- may have to dig it up from the vaults of forgotten accounts but exists, I'm sure -- cause yeah... I don't want to loose you all in some server crash. You people are my BOFF's (= Best Online Friends Forever) and I haven't given up on the hope of some day meeting some of you person, OK!

Comment

Let's see if I can get this post out before the site goes down again.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Your mindreading skills are of epic proportions... all the way down to a highway in France where I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.

I do have a Discord account -- may have to dig it up from the vaults of forgotten accounts but exists, I'm sure -- cause yeah... I don't want to loose you all in some server crash. You people are my BOFF's (= Best Online Friends Forever) and I haven't given up on the hope of some day meeting some of you person, OK!
                Well, if you guys want me to set up something just let me know. I have the time.

A meeting of all the Sparky thread folks would be an awesome time!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Finally, the forum's back up! Let's see how long it stays up this time...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Well, if you guys want me to set up something just let me know. I have the time.

A meeting of all the Sparky thread folks would be an awesome time!!
                  As I mentioned on Twitter, I'm on Discord too, so if we go forward with it, count me in!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well I've gone ahead and created a server on Discord for us, since this site is still up and down like a freaking yo-yo. Just click the link below to enter "Sparky Island". Discord is great. You can either use it on your desktop, or there's also an app for your phone.

https://discord.gg/5QwVtuKx

For all of you who don't know me outside GW, I'm mathgirl24 pretty much everywhere else but here.

Comment

Finn McDragon is also on Discord -- that would be me.

I played a MMPORPG once where I used that name. It was a medieval inspired game, hence the Dragon bit.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

GW's running a bit slow this morning, let's see how long that lasts...

Anyway, you'll also find me on Discord...come and join us, we have cookies!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Gateworld is like a rollercoaster ride right now... and I'm not particularly fond of those...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Gateworld is like a rollercoaster ride right now... and I'm not particularly fond of those...
                            I used to like them when I was younger. Now, not so much.

ETA: ZOMG, the forum's actually working enough that my post got in!

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I Have Been Busy

Gateworld Has Not Been Working for Me Lately, it Kept on Saying The Server is too Busy

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Yay for new water heater! And don't forget to get those little dehumidifying packets for the plastic tubs so your stuff doesn't get musty. If you'll be keeping stuff in the tubs long term, remember to check them every once in a while and change the packets.
                                Where do I get those? I have some other stuff stored in tubs.

sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X