No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The heat and humidity FINALLY broke, so I can open up my laptop once again without melting. *waves to all*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Tomorrow is packing day and then Saturday we leave for France. My sister has already decided she'll drive the first 2 hours or so, then I get to do the traffic jams near and around Amiens (which I sincerely hope for once are not actually occuring but that's wishful thinking cause there's always traffic jams happening around Amiens), then she'll take the wheel again and then I get to drive the last leg again. In total it's probably a 6 hour or so drive but we intend to make it the scenic route.
    Sounds like a great plan!! Glad you're having fun!!

Originally posted by Morgania
    We're going to the botanical garden in the evening for music and cocktails. Dragon Con is towards the end of my trip. It will be nice to meet Joe. I've only met a couple SGA actors.
    He's even hotter in person. Have fun!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      The heat and humidity FINALLY broke, so I can open up my laptop once again without melting. *waves to all*
      *waves back* Yeah, today's gonna be a scorcher out here, that's why I'm online now before it gets too hot.

He's even hotter in person. Have fun!!
      That he is. *fans self*

*blows in on the wind*

The sand is of good quality here. I tasted a bit earlier.
      Should have looked the other way but had to look at the sea and the wind was so kind as to give a taste of the beach ... a literal taste that is. Bleh!

Yesterday was hot in the sun but in the shade it was okay so spend the entire afteroon in our small yard here. During lunch hours we walked the beach, and dipped our feet in the water. Once our feet were wet the temp of the water was okay. It also helped that we were wearing our watershoes fit for kayaking. I'll post the seashells we collected on instagram later (I realize just now I haven't posted any pictures yet nor have I had the chance to pull out Pat McRock).
      Glad you're having a great time and the weather is good, even if the sand doesn't taste good.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *waves back* Yeah, today's gonna be a scorcher out here, that's why I'm online now before it gets too hot.
        Yeah, on the news they mentioned your area is going to get hit really hard today. Stay cool if you can!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Yeah, on the news they mentioned your area is going to get hit really hard today. Stay cool if you can!!
          The AC got a workout yesterday. And it will again today. Plus I have lots of iced green tea. Coolness is guaranteed.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey, Gateworld is finally up!! Happy 25th anniversary to SG-1.

The AC got a workout yesterday. And it will again today. Plus I have lots of iced green tea. Coolness is guaranteed.
            Nice! I can't wait for autumn, myself.

ETA: I'm going to see Thor tomorrow (Thursday). My friend who loves Chris Hemsworth the way I love Tom Hiddleston told me it was "okay." But the movie theater will be air conditioned, so that's all that matters (since the humidity is supposed to come back soon).
            Last edited by JT-2; 27 July 2022, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Gateworld glitching like a broken gate. Where's Orlin with his toaster so we can fix this thing.
              In the meantime, my adventures in Normandy can be followed on Instagram, though I'm a bit behind on posting images. Those of today are nearly up -- missing Omaha Beach* and the American Military cemetary.

* I tweeted that I was going to Utah Beach but I was obviously mistaken.

I thought Tyne Cod in Passchendaele was impressive but damn it's nothing compared to those men and women resting near Omaha Beach. Cross after cross after cross after cross after star of David, after cross... and found the grave of one of the few women. I also put a little US flag back upright near one of the crosses. It fell over so I put it right again. Seemed only right to do so.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Better reply before the site goes down again. Uuuugh, Gateworld!!

Anyway, I saw Thor: Love and Thunder today. Ehhh. It was alright. I mean, it wasn't BAD. It just also wasn't GOOD. I greatly prefer Ragnarok to this one. And the movie theater wasn't terribly cool, so that sucked.

Gateworld glitching like a broken gate. Where's Orlin with his toaster so we can fix this thing.
                In the meantime, my adventures in Normandy can be followed on Instagram, though I'm a bit behind on posting images. Those of today are nearly up -- missing Omaha Beach* and the American Military cemetary.

I thought Tyne Cod in Passchendaele was impressive but damn it's nothing compared to those men and women resting near Omaha Beach. Cross after cross after cross after cross after star of David, after cross... and found the grave of one of the few women. I also put a little US flag back upright near one of the crosses. It fell over so I put it right again. Seemed only right to do so.
                I'm loving all the pictures! That must be something to see Omaha Beach. So powerful.

Comment

I did have some angst yesterday. The water heater in my apartment broke. Some of my books (and a couple CDs) got ruined. One of the books was a birthday present that is now out of print.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                    I did have some angst yesterday. The water heater in my apartment broke. Some of my books (and a couple CDs) got ruined. One of the books was a birthday present that is now out of print.
                    That stinks! I'm sorry.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

And hey, GW's back up!

Those pics look amazing, and I'm sure being there in person is even more so. Thanks for sharing all that with us.

Better reply before the site goes down again. Uuuugh, Gateworld!!

Anyway, I saw Thor: Love and Thunder today. Ehhh. It was alright. I mean, it wasn't BAD. It just also wasn't GOOD. I greatly prefer Ragnarok to this one. And the movie theater wasn't terribly cool, so that sucked.
                      Yeah, Ragnarok's a tough act to follow.
                      Spoiler:
                      And I think Korg and Miek have overstayed their welcome. Sorry Taika!

Oh no! That totally sucks, I'm so sorry about that. *hugs*

Comment

Gateworld was down just a second ago, but then it came back. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Let's see if it stays up long enough for me to post this. (Note - this is attempt number two)

I went to see the Minion movie again this morning. I'm trying to escape the heat. My air conditioners just can't handle heat and humidity at the same time. I'm probably going to take a drive later. Gas prices have gone down here so I don't feel as guilty about driving for fun.

Yeah, Ragnarok's a tough act to follow.
                        Spoiler:
                        And I think Korg and Miek have overstayed their welcome. Sorry Taika!
                        Oh I totally agree with you.
                        Spoiler:
                        They were so funny and cute in Ragnarok, but in Love and Thunder they were just kinda stupid. *shrugs* And the shrieking goat things got old really quickly.

Comment

Gateworld is up and down like a yo-yo.

Comment

Thanks for the virtual hugs. My water heater was replaced on Wednesday afternoon. The storage closest is dry, but my stuff is still in the living room. Wanted to get some plastic tubs for books and such.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I'm going to Dragon Con this year.
                              That is AWESOME

Have Fun!
                              Last edited by america126; 03 August 2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

GW's up...let's see how long it stays that way.

I went to see the Minion movie again this morning. I'm trying to escape the heat. My air conditioners just can't handle heat and humidity at the same time. I'm probably going to take a drive later. Gas prices have gone down here so I don't feel as guilty about driving for fun.
                                Still roasting hot in the PNW. Supposedly we're going to start cooling down on Monday. I'll believe it when I feel it.

Oh I totally agree with you.
                                Spoiler:
                                They were so funny and cute in Ragnarok, but in Love and Thunder they were just kinda stupid. *shrugs* And the shrieking goat things got old really quickly.
                                Ohhh don't even get me started
                                Spoiler:
                                on the goats. On the one hand, major yay for bringing in something from Norse mythology, but on the other hand, yeah the screaming is annoying. *sighs*

Thanks for the virtual hugs. My water heater was replaced on Wednesday afternoon. The storage closest is dry, but my stuff is still in the living room. Wanted to get some plastic tubs for books and such.
                                Yay for new water heater! And don't forget to get those little dehumidifying packets for the plastic tubs so your stuff doesn't get musty. If you'll be keeping stuff in the tubs long term, remember to check them every once in a while and change the packets.

Comment

Working...
                                X