No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Drache nationale" (Drash nash-oh-nal) = the unofficial name for July 21st in Belgium to indicate it's (almost) always raining on our National Day.

And yes, it was ... obviously.

Spend an hour or 2 outside, conquering more weeds and not tripping over slugs, who came out in full force cause ... RAIN and WET.
    Then helped Dad load up some leftover sand which we are donating to my nephew. He's gonna put it to good use in his new garden.

Tomorrow is packing day and then Saturday we leave for France. My sister has already decided she'll drive the first 2 hours or so, then I get to do the traffic jams near and around Amiens (which I sincerely hope for once are not actually occuring but that's wishful thinking cause there's always traffic jams happening around Amiens), then she'll take the wheel again and then I get to drive the last leg again. In total it's probably a 6 hour or so drive but we intend to make it the scenic route.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm going to Dragon Con this year.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        "Drache nationale" (Drash nash-oh-nal) = the unofficial name for July 21st in Belgium to indicate it's (almost) always raining on our National Day.

And yes, it was ... obviously.

Spend an hour or 2 outside, conquering more weeds and not tripping over slugs, who came out in full force cause ... RAIN and WET.
        Then helped Dad load up some leftover sand which we are donating to my nephew. He's gonna put it to good use in his new garden.
        Ah, gardening in the rain. At least it keeps everything cool.

Tomorrow is packing day and then Saturday we leave for France. My sister has already decided she'll drive the first 2 hours or so, then I get to do the traffic jams near and around Amiens (which I sincerely hope for once are not actually occuring but that's wishful thinking cause there's always traffic jams happening around Amiens), then she'll take the wheel again and then I get to drive the last leg again. In total it's probably a 6 hour or so drive but we intend to make it the scenic route.
        Scenic route is always a good choice.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        Awesome! Hope you have a great time!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Say hello to Joe Flanigan.

As you might have already seen on my insta, I had fun in the yard today.

Comment

I have a fat lip from a trail ride last night. Tree branch got me. In other news signed up for intermediate mountain biking class, lol. Though I don’t think it will help with the branches, it should be fun.

Fun! I saw Joe was going and was soooo tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Awesome! Hope you have a great time!
              Thanks! I'll also be exploring Atlanta more this time.

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

As you might have already seen on my insta, I had fun in the yard today.
                Fun with lawn art!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                I have a fat lip from a trail ride last night. Tree branch got me. In other news signed up for intermediate mountain biking class, lol. Though I don’t think it will help with the branches, it should be fun.
                Ouchie! Curse those branches! Have fun with the class, though!

Thanks! I'll also be exploring Atlanta more this time.
                Yay exploring! And say hi to Joe for us!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Made it to the seaside in France after 9 hours of driving a distance of 623 kilometers...
                  I've seen enough traffic jams to last me the rest of the week.

However, driving through Saint-Maire-Église* was nice, and in passing Utah and Omaha Beach... and yes, there will be WWII sites visited. There's one of the largest American military cemetaries near Bayeux, and there are a couple of German ones in the neighborhood.

*An important place in the landing of the allied troops.

Comment

We're going to the botanical garden in the evening for music and cocktails. Dragon Con is towards the end of my trip. It will be nice to meet Joe. I've only met a couple SGA actors.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Made it to the seaside in France after 9 hours of driving a distance of 623 kilometers...
                      I've seen enough traffic jams to last me the rest of the week.

However, driving through Saint-Maire-Église* was nice, and in passing Utah and Omaha Beach... and yes, there will be WWII sites visited. There's one of the largest American military cemetaries near Bayeux, and there are a couple of German ones in the neighborhood.

*An important place in the landing of the allied troops.
                      Ouch! Having been through my share of long-distance traffic jams myself, yeah, not a great way to start a vacay. But you made it! *hugs* Hope you have a great time, it sounds like you've got an awesome list of places to see!

We're going to the botanical garden in the evening for music and cocktails. Dragon Con is towards the end of my trip. It will be nice to meet Joe. I've only met a couple SGA actors.
                      Looks like it's gonna be a fun and relaxing trip! Have a great time!

Comment

GW is still angry with me. Just lost a post. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I hiked, bikes and snuck in some tubing! The river was gloriously cold, so delightful on this 90plus degree day.

Comment

My weekend has been fun. I went to the farmers market, and attended a lavender festival.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                            GW is still angry with me. Just lost a post. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I hiked, bikes and snuck in some tubing! The river was gloriously cold, so delightful on this 90plus degree day.
                            Shame on GW for losing that post!

Ah, that river sounds so refreshing!

My weekend has been fun. I went to the farmers market, and attended a lavender festival.
                            That definitely sounds like lots of fun! Lavender is wonderful! ​​​​​​​

Comment

*blows in on the wind*

The sand is of good quality here. I tasted a bit earlier.
                              Should have looked the other way but had to look at the sea and the wind was so kind as to give a taste of the beach ... a literal taste that is. Bleh!

Yesterday was hot in the sun but in the shade it was okay so spend the entire afteroon in our small yard here. During lunch hours we walked the beach, and dipped our feet in the water. Once our feet were wet the temp of the water was okay. It also helped that we were wearing our watershoes fit for kayaking. I'll post the seashells we collected on instagram later (I realize just now I haven't posted any pictures yet nor have I had the chance to pull out Pat McRock).

Comment

*blows in on the wind*

I'll post the seashells we collected on instagram later (I realize just now I haven't posted any pictures yet nor have I had the chance to pull out Pat McRock).
                                Poor old Pat McRock will have to be content to just see the pictures of what he missed on instagram then sobbing.gif
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X