No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodness, listening to you all I realize maybe I need to upgrade my allergy medicine game. I just use a spray, but I’ve been more headachy and stuffy lately, especially at night. I found a tick on me after yesterday’s hike, so I didn’t sleep well anyway. Every little itch sent me scrambling to check.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
      Goodness, listening to you all I realize maybe I need to upgrade my allergy medicine game. I just use a spray, but I’ve been more headachy and stuffy lately, especially at night. I found a tick on me after yesterday’s hike, so I didn’t sleep well anyway. Every little itch sent me scrambling to check.
      Gotta watch them ticks!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Gotta watch them ticks!
        I really do. I’ve been lucky, I only found one last year so I’m hoping that’s my quota for this year. I’m camping this weekend and will be on the Appalachian Trail so bug spray is tricky. Bears know bug spray equals humans with food. But I think I have a strategy sorted out, lol.

Comment

How does one know the air at my office is filled with allergens... Yours truly is coughing again and I know the meds are working so the ventilation must be crap here.

Anyways... had an interesting dream last night... when I finally did fall asleep I dreamed of Elizabeth and Kate (not together -- although maybe it was and I was just not paying attention). We were doing stuff... can't remember what though but I did wake up feeling a little confused about why I was in my bedroom and not Atlantis.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            I really do. I’ve been lucky, I only found one last year so I’m hoping that’s my quota for this year. I’m camping this weekend and will be on the Appalachian Trail so bug spray is tricky. Bears know bug spray equals humans with food. But I think I have a strategy sorted out, lol.
            Oh dear...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            How does one know the air at my office is filled with allergens... Yours truly is coughing again and I know the meds are working so the ventilation must be crap here.
            Time to invest in an air purifier...

Anyways... had an interesting dream last night... when I finally did fall asleep I dreamed of Elizabeth and Kate (not together -- although maybe it was and I was just not paying attention). We were doing stuff... can't remember what though but I did wake up feeling a little confused about why I was in my bedroom and not Atlantis.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Downside of working outside -- greetings from the Flemish tropics by the way -- is that Bink, the neighbor's dog decided to let loose his inner wolf... AH-WOOOOOO!!!

Then the neighbor's best friend started again on what my neighbor does wrong with the pump keeping his swimmingpool clean. We're TeamBestFriend cause he actually knows what he's talking about.
              Also, it's hilarious to hear them argue about it.

Upside of working outside -- spotty call connections so anyone calling me keeps it short and to the point.

Too bad our tropic weather ends with thunderstorms coming tomorrow and of course, tomorrow is that company party I am going to in the evening.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Downside of working outside -- greetings from the Flemish tropics by the way -- is that Bink, the neighbor's dog decided to let loose his inner wolf... AH-WOOOOOO!!!
                LOL!

Then the neighbor's best friend started again on what my neighbor does wrong with the pump keeping his swimmingpool clean. We're TeamBestFriend cause he actually knows what he's talking about.
                Also, it's hilarious to hear them argue about it.
                Sounds like another inspiration for the Office Saga...

Upside of working outside -- spotty call connections so anyone calling me keeps it short and to the point.
                Win-win!

Too bad our tropic weather ends with thunderstorms coming tomorrow and of course, tomorrow is that company party I am going to in the evening.
                On the one hand, yay thunderstorms! On the other hand, sucks that it's when you want to be out and about instead of at home to enjoy it properly.

Comment

Ahhh….I need some more Atlantis dreams in my life, lol. And less thunderstorms, but I am grateful for the rain.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

10-day outlook is mostly sunny with temps in the upper 50s to low 60s. Finally getting to normal around here. Of course, the blasted pollen count is still up...

Comment

Company party was a blast! Surprisingly cause it started a bit bleh... but then it picked up but only because I was in delightful company (not even my own team members -- lost them in the crows rather quick) but with my bestie (with whom I realized we also celebrated our 20th friendship anniversary -- it made us feel a bit old).

We recreated a photo we took from 16 or so years ago. It's on her instagram -- I'll link to it later when I get home or repost.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Company party was a blast! Surprisingly cause it started a bit bleh... but then it picked up but only because I was in delightful company (not even my own team members -- lost them in the crows rather quick) but with my bestie (with whom I realized we also celebrated our 20th friendship anniversary -- it made us feel a bit old).

We recreated a photo we took from 16 or so years ago. It's on her instagram -- I'll link to it later when I get home or repost.
                        Yay! Glad to hear the party was awesome and a good time was had!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I had to start up my air conditioner today. I'm still paying off the winter's oil bill!!

I hope it works for you! Like I said on Twitter, I'm on my 3rd different antihistamine now. I have year round allergies (I assume dust) that I typically take Claritin for. But people have said you should switch them around so they work better, so last month I tried Zyrtec. That didn't work at all so now I'm on Flonase. The pollen is still winning the battle. I have to take a separate decongestant at night so I can breathe through my nose in order to sleep.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon!! Did you get tested for covid?
                          I Am Feeling Better
                          Last edited by america126; 22 May 2022, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

I am battling weeds in the garden like Sheppard goes after Wraith, though my Wraith-weed is still winning.

Comment

Hey SK! *glomps back*

Hello!

Long time... who are you again?
                                *looks at username* Apparently I’m a shipper and a writer… though I haven’t done much writing lately. Shipping, however…

Allergies & pollen... that is all.
                                Ugh, same here. I finally made it out of Florida and am back where I grew up in North Carolina on vacation, and I am having to take two Claritin a day to keep the pollen allergies at bay. I forgot how much I struggled with it when I was growing up. Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X